[Drama 2016-2017] Guardian: The Lonely and Great Goblin 도깨비

Go Seung Ji

8 minutes ago, sooyoungdaebak said:

The postponement makes me wonder if it's due to bringing down that creeper using CG effects. Gahhhh, how exciting! I so wanna see a showdown between team Goblin and Reaper vs creeper....kekeke. I also wonder if they will make adjustment to the ending since a few pics were leaked. Can y'all imagine seeing KS standing at the altar waiting for his bride? Gahhh, waeee I make myself excited?! Kekeke *dead*

@Sunshine_Her Hand in hand we'll have heart attack, chingu! Anyone joining?

count me in :w00t:

• Like 5

Yeah, I now it's will coming. Just like Legend Of The Blue Sea, they fliming too late, seriously, what they do after the cast confrimed, what a wasting time.
So sad that one 1 ep this week. But the health of everyone is the best, right? That's why most of actors don't want come back dramaland.

• Like 1

So I didnt come online for 2 days and have almost 40 pages to backread, WHATT. But five pages in and I realised how the Queens and the Brides are downgrading each other...

as @maryofbethany has mentioned, stop comparing what each OTP is missing from the other. Especially when we loyal readers backread every single page, it's just pure irritation for our eyes. Can we just get back to our analysis of how the drama is going to flow or how it has been flowing till now? I miss our literature peeps' analysis!

@selenette Where can I watch SJ sing in DH getup! Omygod! That'll be so cute

On the side note, I'm going to miniso shop to find the candles :DDD while counting down to the next ep and fretting if I should just wait for all 4 eps to be out or to join in the fun/agony with the rest. Sigh...

• Like 8

16 hours ago, makeuptemple said:

what am I thinking, they are showing that highly expensive Canaon Camera for a reason, there must be a connection, she has taken a lot of photos with Goblin, GRP & Deok Hwa, if he has not been wiped out from the history he will be still in the photos, if she reads her diary she would still remember everything.

On the same thoughts, @makeuptemple I have another thought - why the nasty classmate of JET can't take photo of KS but YDH can do so with the Canon camera. (Not sure was this brought up.)

It is just the director/writer ways of emphasizing it or it is another boo-boo???

PS. I'm a fan so don't bash me.... just for friendly discussion.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, seasonsoftheheart32 said:

Please refrain from making such comparisons. The amount of effort from the crew needed to produce the necessary effects is tremendous, and considering how experienced the cast and crew are, I highly doubt they'd leave things to the last minute just because they felt like doing so.

And ' that's why most of actors don't want come back dramaland'? I won't even bother to refute your point. The amount of ignorance is astounding.

I'm often sarcastic because it's fun and nice to joke about things, but when such irresponsible comments are made, my patience wears thin.

I don't make any not right comparison. Legend Of The Blue Sea also air 1 special ep at Dec 29th 2016 instead. Both they are 50%-pre-produced, fliming late. I don't see any thing wrong about this comparison.
And of course, it's a main reason to actors don't want come back dramaland? In movies, their don't have to hurry up because they can change the schedule easily. Beside, they have months for fliming.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, sooyoungdaebak said:

The postponement makes me wonder if it's due to bringing down that creeper using CG effects. Gahhhh, how exciting! I so wanna see a showdown between team Goblin and Reaper vs creeper....kekeke. I also wonder if they will make adjustment to the ending since a few pics were leaked. Can y'all imagine seeing KS standing at the altar waiting for his bride? Gahhh, waeee I make myself excited?! Kekeke *dead*

me me me!

6358477380467415641787057751_boyf4.gif

i can imagine it :w00t: a wedding, be it shintak , wangsun, or both...this is me while watching them :love::love:

• Like 7

The men of Kim Eun Sook' captures the hearts of women

http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.com/2017/01/tv-scriptwriter-kim-eun-sooks-knack-for.html

2017010901032412069002_b_99_201701091051

Soo-hyeok,Young-do,Kim-shin,Joo-won

Source: Munhwa Ilbo via Naver

1. [+2,081, -92] I really respect her as a scriptwriter ㅋㅋ

2. [+1,579, -69] Each of her main characters are so charming and loving, I really can't pick just one.. ♡

3. [+1,409, -47] She's a genius scriptwriter~

4. [+1,090, -76] The God Sook

5. [+1,018, -76] I've watched every single one of her dramas... They're definitely must watches

6. [+177, -23] I totally agree that she even writes the supporting characters to shine too! They mix in well with the main characters and none of them seem left out ever

7. [+160, -18] I'm just amazed that she's able to create such syndromes out of her dramas

8. [+158, -18] She knows exactly what gives women heart attacks! And she also has an eye for casting actors that can pull off her characters well. So glad to be watching Gong Yoo and Goblin ^^

9. [+167, -26] Goblin's the type of drama that makes me wonder how such a drama can exist... her ability to create a realistic setting with such a fantasy topic is something that brings me back to her dramas all the time. She has a great eye for casting too.

10. [+124, -11] It'd be boring if she made the supporting male character fall in love with the main female into a love triangle like every other drama but she creates separate couple pairings which makes it more charming ^^

11. [+141, -25] Song Joong Ki, Hyun Bin, Gong Yoo, Lee Dong Wook.. kyah, just hearing their names makes me happy

12. [+100, -12] Honestly her male leads are always rich, tall, handsome, and in love with only one woman, what woman wouldn't like a character like that? I've never once seen her male leads stray.

• Like 17

48 minutes ago, sooyoungdaebak said:

Count me in! Should I schedule "heart attack" for the 21st? Siri?

1 hour ago, oktatwork said:

What do you mean binge-watching? This ahjumma watch at least 3 episodes a day, daily, without fail. Saturday Sunday, well practically whole day dedicated to watch Goblin, that's how hooked I am with this show. I agree with you, never in my life a show (Kdrama) managed to take my time like this one. 

:w00t:

I wonder when my hubby kill me because of this obsession of mine to Goblin hahahaha

I'm in the same boat as you. I rewatched the entire thing this past weekend, watched ShinTak scenes yesterday and I NEED MORE! Also, I'm totally glad that the Destin necklace and Mr. Buckwheat are not sold in Canada, otherwise I'd be broke by now.

Does anyone know the singer from the OST that sang in English with lyrics: "See you, Never come my way, Better well someday, Never far away. See you, Never come my way, Better on my strength? Never far away." ?? I came seem to find the artist..

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Sellion89 said:

Does anyone know the singer from the OST that sang in English with lyrics: "See you, Never come my way, Better well someday, Never far away. See you, Never come my way, Better on my strength? Never far away." ?? I came seem to find the artist..

It's the song we're all waiting for since ep 2. I'm guessing it'll be released for the finale. 

2 hours ago, selenette said:

I sympathize with the cast and crew. Hospitalized or not hospitalized, the fact is Gong Yoo, Lee Dong-wook and Yoo In-na have all been ill during filming, Yook Sungjae have to juggle between singing and filming (at one point singing in his Deok-hwa getup due to the hectic schedule), and Kim Go-eun has many scenes to film.

The crew too had to stay awake for 48 hours, which is very unhealthy, and I'm sure some or many of them are ill, too as a result.

HWAITING, CAST AND CREW. Thanks so much for your very, very hard work.

P.S. Besides, we have 3 episodes to laugh and cry about next week.

Stay healthy plz everyone .i am fine with postponing .Their health are what matters now 

• Like 7

On 1/8/2017 at 4:04 PM, packmule3 said:

@ariesw

Don’t be tricked by the bouncing ball. I told you and others to follow the ring. :)

ET is a type of character that has to be discussed with open-minded people in order for you to grasp her depth. 

Why? Because understanding her character is NOT intuitive. The critics actually have to use their CONSCIOUS reasoning, and not just use their gut feelings, to see beyond the cuteness.  With ET, it isn’t only about the angst and tearjerkers, but also the VISION of the scriptwriter of what it means to love and to live with an immortal.

Well, somebody might ask: why is this vision even relevant when we aren’t going to marry an immortal anyway? 

My answer:  Because despite being temporal beings, we humans do still commit to unions, responsibilities, friendships, and marriages, which are expected to last FOREVER. True, we aren’t going to fall in love with an immortal, but we are going to love one another as if we’re immortals: for an entire lifetime.

Thanks for these .... brain and soul food ....... @packmule3 to the rescue, as usual .... awesome ... are you sure you're not KES ?

You articulate it so succinctly  ... I only know what the scenes made me feel and I don't think I can dissect or put it into words as successfully as you did ... how the writer interconnected scenes and played off each characters/couplings as a counterpoint to each other and the effective use of flashbacks to build up that feeling backed up by the actors' sincere rendition .... without that build up the later scene would have not been so effective and come off as "fluffy" .... which some viewers say, as they might have been watching the scenes separately without the build up .....as I've said before, your posts made me realize I need to be more than a sponge and engage the gears to fully appreciate a literary work such as this ... 

In these days of in your face graphic depictions of passion and violence and instant gratification, the subtleties in ET's character and the development of the central relationship can be easily overlooked and can only be appreciated as you say, with an open mind ...

Until the next lesson from a great teacher (I can't see how geriatric can be ascribed to such a sharp and creative mind) ... take care ... make sure not to miss out on sleep and rest ....

Spoiler

Not sure if this is a spoiler but seeing how everyone seems to be sensitive ...

I have a feeling Episode 13 will showcase the explosive revelation and Episode 14 will delve into your theory and put together and explain all the hidden hints you alluded to ... I was thinking how KES could reconcile all that within the drama with so few episodes left as it seems not many will be able to grasp that seeing how almost everyone is sold on KES' trick  .... so it seems this special episode will do that ....  if it is what it is (which I think it is... hahaha).... another virtuoso dissection, Teach/Saem !!!

• Like 9

17 hours ago, Visually-wandering said:

Omo thank you for using it. I'm glad your friend like it. ^^.

@maryofbethany Thank you for tagging me! *wave. These 2 days I've been busy upgrading my phone. Just got a chance to check this forum again. Yes yes, I'm ShinTak shipper. (Don't worry, I'm shipping GY-GE silently in my heart. I won't tell anyone. *cough)

@Visually-wandering haha, i wanted to ship GY-GE silently in my heart too.. haha. but, heard she has BF. and you know what happen to me recently i was in my 'new-low' mood due to some 'shipping business'. and i think you knw which ship i am refering to, since we met at another thread b4 this. (haha. just don't mention the 'recent history' since its not related to goblin-drama). so i am quite weary of really shipping a real couple. it will cause real hot tears, even much more than those i shed at end of each sad ending drama. see real ship-couple no ending or bad ending is really bleeding slow-death... hahah.
but say, if one day GE not with her BF, won't it be nice she is with her groom-goblin. yes, low-profile shipping them, to play safe.

btw, are there any shipping thread form already for Reaper WangYeo and Sunny? what are you gals going to call your shipper thread if there's any.. i couldnt goes backward to read 30 or 40 pages... i just read only those who tag me some times, or randomly chose some to read, So if any mentions of Goblin-Shipper thread, i may have miss!
Millions Dollar Question: Any Shipper Thread form thus far? (i would like to go cheers there, even if it is for WangSun, and not for ShinTak my ship.)

• Like 7

Most of the dramas I watch, tend to have all the cast members looking tired, stressed in the last few episodes... Sigh. There has to some organized effort to stop this kind of unhealthy habits. 

Wishing them all good health, pull it through, and rest for a while....

I'd be ready to wait forever to see the next episode. :wub: 

• Like 6