[Drama 2016-2017] Guardian: The Lonely and Great Goblin 도깨비

Go Seung Ji

23 minutes ago, carolinedl said:

Do you have an iPhone or an Android? I'll send you the link, maybe it'll work that way.

ETA: Wait I am confused now... did you manage to download it? :)

iphone! I can't seem to find it, dear chingu...  All I can see are animal filters. Hehe :w00t:

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Hi chingu lol. I was just replying to something you posted too haha. 

For sure, it was that eunch who manipulated the king and for that same reason, the king failed to realize that he could actually do something about it. His power was greater than the eunch but yet he chose to use it against KS and even the Queen. I am still trying to figure out exactly why God brought them together. Is it really to show them they can live peacefully or is it to serve a justice that should have happened long ago? But if it was justice, then KS killing all those people with his sword was his reason for punishment. 

And, if king became a GR and KS a goblin, it was God who allowed it to happen. So did he allow that evil eunuch to become a vengeful ghost? He doesn't seem to pay much attention to that ghost. 

I think the ultimate picture that God painted for them, was to bring peace to each other as you mentioned.  Only then will they really be dead, literally. But man, why gotta be so complicated? Lol.

He was only 19 and he's been raised by that enoch no matter whether you are a king or an ordinary person you are not really at the age of giving proper choices, he is a teen in our terms, we know it from the history that many kings have been influenced by their right hands at a young age, but when they realised they have been used they have either killed them or chopped their heads off...  

I believe the reason that they have been got together under the same roof to show them that they could have been lived happily and peacefully if they wanted to. 

Goblin was a warrior but he was taking advantage of this he was killing almost anyone on his way.. 

There must be a reason why that enoch is in limbo..  and wandering around and why no grp have not managed to get his soul yet..   there are ppl who does not pay for their sins in this world and if they have committed a big sin they stay in limbo, I believe there is a saying that some people have no place in both heaven or hell. 

so in his whole life he committed sins that he is wandering around..  They do not need to be death in the drama for them, they committed sins, they have learned their lessons if God forgives them, they can get their chance to complete that peace they had never had a chance before, they now both know what's love, what's  it being loved? to protect the loved ones, doing everything for the other half not to get hurt..  We have seen both GRP & Goblin doing it,  and who is the one silently watching never questioning and smiling all the time, who gives the impression of care free guy?  maybe god is trying to say they need to be more carefree, they need to understand that life is precious..

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, puuuumash said:

When I saw DH with that style, I was like 

Its look cool but I love more DH Human when he say to care goblin.He ready to be father and grandfather to Kim Shin.That feeling make me feel DH become mature and ready to become ceo one day.

@carolinedl me too.I just use my time to watch movie..Oh my many film I need to watch:w00t:

• Like 5

Finally found 90 mins of uninterrupted time to watch subbed episode 12.  My eyes are super puffy now. Hats off to KES, this woman sure knows how to write a good drama. Found myself tearing up, then laughing, then bawling and then back to giggling again. But here are some highlights that truly moved me: ( a bit of humour here to reduce the sorrow I felt )

(credit to this IG owner https://www.instagram.com/koreandramathings/ - who makes all this hilarious memes)

1. KS meeting his General again. Finally closure & a debt that he gets to repay

2. Deok Hwa - coming to terms with Grandpa's death and assuming the role of the Goblin's guardian. Family -  The bond that links your true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each other's life. - Richard Bach

3.  WY/ GR and   Kim Sun/ Sunny - much has already been said - all I hope for is a happy ending. I don't think GR managed to remove her memories of him. Because you cannot forget the one you love. (sorry...that's the hopeless romantic in me talking)

4. The one that gutted me...my OTP ... we've come full circle for the King and KS...this was a powerful scene.

5. And this...:bawling:

Edited by Guest
To add in one more point

27 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Hi chingu lol. I was just replying to something you posted too haha. 

For sure, it was that eunch who manipulated the king and for that same reason, the king failed to realize that he could actually do something about it. His power was greater than the eunch but yet he chose to use it against KS and even the Queen. I am still trying to figure out exactly why God brought them together. Is it really to show them they can live peacefully or is it to serve a justice that should have happened long ago? But if it was justice, then KS killing all those people with his sword was his reason for punishment. 

And, if king became a GR and KS a goblin, it was God who allowed it to happen. So did he allow that evil eunuch to become a vengeful ghost? He doesn't seem to pay much attention to that ghost. 

I think the ultimate picture that God painted for them, was to bring peace to each other as you mentioned.  Only then will they really be dead, literally. But man, why gotta be so complicated? Lol.

Butterfly  already answer in this question in latest episode..Remember DH when he is possessed he doing this because he wants they pray  and remember God.

• Like 4

@carolinedl Thanks a lot for the compliment. :)In my opinion, God's actions circulate around forgiveness: the punishment, the reincarnation system, the tea ceremony, the afterlife... all these are tools to make people to regret and to forgive so that they can become better human beings. Each time people make mistakes or committed sins, a second chance is given to them, after regretting deeply their action. Then if they live a really good life without any sin (like the boy from1968 or the blind man), they are able to go to Heaven. The main goal is to send them to Heavens. Even the GR have the chance to redeem themselves in my opinion. When KS was turned into a Goblin, it was a reward for his goodness and the injustice done to him, yet KS had also sinned. If God had given him just that immortality, KS would have never learnt that immortality is not just a gift, it is also a burden which means that Death is not a punishment in the end. When he died, he resented God because he felt wronged... That's why his spirit remained in the sword. As conclusion, he saw death as a punishment. Yet, his other problem was that he never really lived, when he was a human. All his world was evolving around duty and war. He sacrified his sister in order to fulfil the promise made to the former King. As you can see: duty, loyalty, sacrifice and war were the rules KS was following back then. After he became a Goblin, it was again the same: he helped people, he tried to redeeem himself for his sins. So he has to embrace his death in the end... death is not a punishment.

It is interesting that the lady in Red is acting like Eun Tak's mother. She gave her a gift on her 9th birthday, gave her advice, protected her with the plants (spinach), came to the ceremony graduation and scolded the teacher like any mother would have done. When the lady in Red says that ET is pretty, it is not because of her pretty face, but because of her goodness and good character. While all the human beings are considered as her children, Eun Tak seems to be her true child because she is able to forgive and love people so easily. She is the entire opposite of the evil eunuch Park Joong Won. She is genuine, he is manipulative. She doesn't use people and doesn't seek help from them, while the other is doing the opposite. He uses people (see the female Grim Reaper and the King) in order to achieve his goal: become the true ruler of Goreyo! That's why I also believe that Ji Eun Tak's life must be connected to Park Joong Won's life as well.      

• Like 22

37 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

She is the entire opposite of the evil eunuch Park Joong Won. She is genuine, he is manipulative. She doesn't use people and doesn't seek help from them, while the other is doing the opposite. He uses people (see the female Grim Reaper and the King) in order to achieve his goal: become the true ruler of Goreyo! That's why I also believe that Ji Eun Tak's life must be connected to Park Joong Won's life as well.      

That's interesting because when PJW first appeared, my first thought was that ET had to be the one to make him cross over. We have seen that she has helped ghosts cross over... why wouldn't it be different for PJW? Perhaps alos by "forgiving" him? I am not sure what form that forgiveness will take frankly... I knew right away that KS would not be able to kill him; his attack was full of anger and very similar to what he did to him 900 years ago...

• Like 8

@maryofbethany and @shynaz Someone did compiled Goblin with AMAW scenes.:phew:  It is subtly sizzling. :wub: 

GY in bath robe? Ohhh yesss, my brain went straight to byuntae world every time he's in bath robe or in his bedroom. Him sprawling on the bed is just pure eyegasm. Inner soul said, Look at his body, his position, his arms...and my outer said, Focus on the drama! Kekekeke... :phew: 

@bebebisous33 Chingu, can you help make the video show up on this post? I am not sure how to do it. Thanks! 

• Like 13

12 minutes ago, shynaz said:

Its look cool but I love more DH Human when he say to care goblin.He ready to be father and grandfather to Kim Shin.That feeling make me feel DH become mature and ready to become ceo one day.

@carolinedl me too.I just use my time to watch movie..Oh my many film I need to watch:w00t:

Of course! I also love the human DH (CREDIT CARD guy! :joy: ), but YSJ's portrayal of The Almighty was superb. I mean, he has been throwing hints all over the place, and its a good thing that there are viewers who can see those hints. I actually became teary eyed when he said the same lines Goblin said to him from Episode 1. He even accepted the fact that he wasn't ready yet to become the CEO, instead, he decided to learn things from scratch. :blush: He indeed is becoming mature. 

• Like 12

Parallels...Parallels everywhere... :tears: I feel like when Wang Yeo threw Kim Sun's gown(?) to the fire, he was kind of saying goodbye to the memory of her...I can't wait to find out more about it. :tears:

jTs32Yn.gif

8pckrkq.gif

I am honestly obsessed with all the scenes of these two episodes. Their cinematography game is getting stronger ahaha.

:wub::wub:

0HWdL4n.png6Segfgt.pngqE2oAP6.pngal126a0.png195BPVO.pngLPmCcNQ.png

Is this too much? Like I said, the scenes are just so pretty, I can't help it. :sweatingbullets:

@winterdew ahh i love your thoughts about both the scene and LDW. I compeletely agree. I first fell in love with him&his acting in Hotel King and since then I have been following him but he honestly showed his most impressive and powerful acting with this drama and I am so happy he is getting so much love. I really hope this will continue with his next projects. :wub:

• Like 19

I just watched ep 11 and ep 12.. and woahhh daebak so cool for Writer~nim Kim eun sook.. :glasses: This drama It's really good and sometime make me laugh and make me cry while I'm watched. Everytime I watched each episode I'm always think and wonder what's happen the next. And always make me curious. Friday please come quickly. 

• Like 11

4 hours ago, winterdew said:

His tears in the closing scene of the epilogue... wow. He looks tormented at first, then the tears of pain and anguish take over. It's no wonder so many people are talking about this scene. I really hope we'll get to see more of the King, especially scenes where he reflects deeply on his actions, in the coming episodes.

OMG this scene makes my heart ache even though it was only what? 10 seconds! That tear drop to me, symbolises how he seems to have given up on life and LDW has been perfect in this role! I think KES is pretty lucky to have had him play her character...

• Like 11