[Drama 2016-2017] Guardian: The Lonely and Great Goblin 도깨비

Go Seung Ji

2 hours ago, cybermew said:

Anyone? Please Pm me because I don't follow the thread and it's too fast

About your question: how did Sunny know about the GR's presence. Here is my answer

@ucylucy Thanks for posting the two scenes (Kim Shin walking towards King Yeo and GR). By the way, since I have been able towatch the last episode, the female Grim Reaper Kim seems to be shocked to see her past. Now, I am wondering how Park Joong Won wants to destroy Kim Shin and Wang Yeo. Does he want the two of them to "kill each other"? But it's impossible! So how does he plan to destroy them? Then I came to this idea that he needs to take away what both love. For GR, it is Kim Sun and for KS, it is his bride. So at some point, I can imagine that Park Joong Won might indeed use the female GR. She was shocked to discover her past and her sin... maybe since she is so admired among the GR, she doesn't want anyone to know about her past and ruin her image as "angel". By destroying their friendship, GR won't be able to help Kim Shin with ET and the same will happen to Kim Sun, Wang Yeo's love. 

However, I am suspecting that Eun Tak's fate is connected to the evil missing soul's fate. If she takes the sword away, I have the impression that Park Joong Won will vanish as well. 

• Like 14

I cried the most last night..

1) when Grandpa died 2) when KS met his right hand man reincarnation 3) when WY erased SN memory of him-this one made me scream on my screen. Happy ending for all characters, but mostly for SN/WY  pleaseeee. 

PS: Why do I think evil ghost is not scary at all. he is disgusting for sure. his purple lips and his tongue are just YUCKKKK AND EWWWWWW

• Like 11

Thx @packmule3 for your response hehehe... ahhahah interesting story u have in japan. hope i can go there too soon.. 

Btw, anyone can translate about the death card on ep 11 that seems change when euntak is in danger (at the rooftop)? what is the meaning before and after the changes? it's grim reaper desk right?

and on ep 12 if i remember correctly, there is a death card again, it is the same death card from ep 11? it is euntak's death card? what is the meaning? why it is pop up suddenly?  

Thx!

• Like 7

28 minutes ago, Jaselyn Chan said:

Does anybody know the background music for this scene? Or the OST for this hasn't been released? The song was really good and it fits the scene so well! It reminded be of Busker Busker's Cherry Blossom Ending :)

Very true, I love it!! I read it will be released next week :D

• Like 3

2 hours ago, lucifercorner said:

Ep 12, too much sadness!!! This episode packed quite a punch. We got grade A acting from all the actors & actresses.

but for me, LDW out shined with an A+++ !!!

It was surprising that I didn't see even one post about his performance...A little disheartened there :dissapointed:

Poor Grim Reaper, My heart bleeds!! I was with GR & Sunny in the past. My tears kept falling & my heart hurt so much just like Yeo & Kim Sun:cry:

That kiss was sad yet beautiful!!!

The epilogue at the end, DW with his understated but effective delivery on guilt, regret, desire for forgiveness, longing and love was just FABULOUS

DW in traditional robes.... so Ethereal:wub:

Calm down Lee Dong Wook, you can't grow old & become more handsome. It's unfair to the rest of the guys:grin: 

The Grim Reaper and Sunny's love story is the one I am coming back for, week after week 

Lee Dong wook is just too awesome... I love how the back story of his role is that he fought hard to get cast too.... he made this Grim Reaper into his role!!

• Like 14

1 hour ago, nearsea said:

Sometimes I really wish like posting @packmule3 's anatomy on Eun Tak's character on DB

Don't you dare. :) I'm already getting blacklisted and spammed here for posting ridiculous theories, so don't give me more notoriety by posting them over there. Let them find their own resident wicked witch and loony bird.  

24 minutes ago, annnchan said:

@packmule3 another amazing analysis *claps* :wub:

I thought PJW deliberately told ET about GR identity as WY because PWJ know the truth that GR=Queen so he could have his revenge to KS and Queen at the same time. Hmmmm..... I think I need to watch episode 12 again, and gather another hints :)

You're spot on: killing one bird with two stones.

Don’t forget the sleeping quirks of The Reaper and …:phew:...  then connect them with the gifts of Shin to Sunny. The dots are there for you to connect.

His gifts: dainty red shoes to step on + nice blankets…errr…skirts…I mean, duh!!! fabrics to hold with two fingers.  Sunny didn’t want those gifts. :wink:

Don't get trolled now, love. 

@nearsea @annnchan @phikyl @hushhh @LyraYoo @salz @bebe1989 @romanov @kokodus

• Like 21

Why we still say about lack of ET in episode 12..I just mention before this episode 12 is reveal for everything.Its confirm Kim Won Bin is WY,Sunny is sister,Evil ghost still there,Deok Hwa is possesd by the butterfly..The writer make all this solution just one episode only.Other episode and next will be development about ET in this drama..Can see how change ET from the beginning until now?

The most importan part ET didnt scared to evil ghost and brave to in front of that evil.Thats mature for the human more than others.:wub:How can they forget ET just a human to live with goblin ,ghost and grim reaper.

• Like 16

The feels in episode 12 :bawling:  

My favorite moment is when GR and Sunny kiss and then he erase her memory was so heart wrecking :bawling:

the last part was awesome too. KS walking up the stairs toward GR while there are flashback from the past was too awesome!!!

Nooo how could the awesome bromance end up like that :cold_sweat: 

nahh just kidding. I'm sure everything will work out fine for the two of them....I hope lol. the good news is that DH isn't the deity or anything lol. Thanks god he was only been possessed!! Cos i love him as DH. I'm so happy with this drama. Thank you writer/director and all the crews. Everyone have done an awesome job. So I don't mind about the PPL that everyone been nagging about. I mean they give us such an awesome drama and we can't let them make some money!! They deserves it. 

Last thing. I won't bother with predictions on what's going to happen next. Suprise me KES :) 

• Like 15

43 minutes ago, NRGchick said:

This appeals to the romantic in me. What if you had already met your soulmate or love of your life without realising?

im wondering about this scene,they talk about kim shin first love,

so maybe theres a chance they already meets in past life in that scenes when gong yoo drink with her subordinates,he sees the teacher and also eun tak (which i hope they appeared later in next eps)

so if its true we might be see kim go eun with goryeo dress.

• Like 11

8 minutes ago, pinklicious389 said:

i think maybe women gream reaper is PJW doughter that should be married with the king? 

No that's impossible for two reasons:

- She is dressed like a maid and imagine Kim Shin's sister was considered as lowly because she was just the sister of a general!!

- Park Joong Won is an eunuch. He can not have any children!!

Then I would like to point out that our evil ghost (the second missing soul) appeared in front of our favourite GR 20 years ago. 20 years is not a coincidence. Ji Eun Tak is now 20 years old too!! Does it mean that PJW witness the saving of JET and her mother and saw WY coming to take them away? I guess so because he kept his presence hidden from Kim Shin for so long. Why? Since he is targeting KS and Wang Yeo, he had to wait for Wang Yeo's reappearance (GR is only 300 years old) and Ji Eun Tak. Why did he tell to JET that GR is Wang Yeo? Maybe he thought that JET would side with KS because she is his bride. Or he wanted to use her in order to meet KS and manipulate him to destroy Wang Yeo. But why now? He could have intervened much earlier, before they started living together. Hence I really think that JET has a huge role to play in this. However, I am sure that he is underestimating JET's strength and intelligence. Then we shouldn't forget that her family has been released from prison. Maybe the ghost will try to use them as well in order to separate the couple... PJW is determined to destroy KS, since he failed 900 years ago.

• Like 24

I repeat again episode 11 in ohk channel.

The friend class ET who give the number phone who she is actually?I confused their character because show she want to close to ET.:phew:

Second the child who get bullied still I dont know what is the reason for this drama.

Am I too thinking because I look all character are related:sweatingbullets:

• Like 10

13 minutes ago, ChunSungIm said:

im wondering about this scene,they talk about kim shin first love,

so maybe theres a chance they already meets in past life in that scenes when gong yoo drink with her subordinates,he sees the teacher and also eun tak (which i hope they appeared later in next eps)

so if its true we might be see kim go eun with goryeo dress.

He see ET from future of ahjumma (theacher). That's way he know about self camera.

• Like 8

13 hours ago, hushhh said:

Okay, looks like happy ending all around, but folks are going to have to fight for it.

Questions and comments:

1- I'm convinced of a happy ending because Park Joong-Won has misjudged Kim Shin.  His assumption that Kim Shin's motives is about revenge is incorrect.  When you start your theory with a false assumption, the proof/conclusion will inevitably be wrong.

2- I suspect the possibility of defeating PJW lies in the removal of the Goblin's sword from his torso.

3- Sunny/Sun remained consistent through time, protective of Wang Yeo.

4- The difference in the configuration for the upcoming battle is that the participants are better informed against PJW.  Wang Yeo no longer has blinders on.

5-Grim Weeper could see Sunny's past life when he touched her hand previously, why after kissing her was he asking questions about what she had seen as if he couldn't see her visions.

6-The female Grim Reaper appears in the historic period.  I wonder two things, if she was responsible for Wang Yeo's death and if she were queen after Kim Sun through her dealings with PJW.

7- ET no longer being in tune with ghosts--is that about the Goblin's wife mark fading or about Park Joong-Won's interference.

'Luved your post.

1 - Yes, PJW's instincts remained intact over time. He has been dodging KS for the past 900 years because he thought over time KS would want to avenge his sister's death and his subsequent fate. But PJW may have gotten it wrong. Oh, KS is still cut up over what happened, but over time (a mere 900 years), I would like to believe, he was able to put things into clearer perspective and would now be more protective of his bride. Honestly, I think KS was on the prowl because PJW dared to show himself to ET. 

4 - Yeah, WY no longer has blinders on but I still wonder how he'll be once he sees PJW? His memories are still shrouded, he just has great instincts (at connecting the proper dots).

5 - Grim Reaper could see Sunny's past life but he could not see her visions because he was in them? His memories of himself and what he did were wiped clean before he assume reaper position? He was just great at making assumptions. 

6 - Uhm hmm...I do feel like there's more to that female reaper. What did she possibly do to merit her reaper position? She may hold the key to some events, why was she just behind PJW the day Kim Sun and Kim Shin were slaughtered? 

7 - It does make her life a lot more difficult. Those ghosts were really more like her cheering squad and they do help her out on  occasions. If KS and GR would be full on battling each other, GR might no longer provide KS the essential info on how ET would die. Now that certainly puts a wrinkle on KS' resolve to keep ET alive. That, coupled with the absence of those helpful ghosts means trouble for ET. 

Geesh there are so many subarcs to consider and we just have 4 episodes to go. I'm confident KES would be able to tie everything up with one big red bow. I just hope we'll be getting some fan service in the end. Hehe

• Like 16