[Drama 2016-2017] Guardian: The Lonely and Great Goblin 도깨비

Go Seung Ji

I watched episode 12 again and for the second time i cried with DH, thank God when he feel all alone, there's his uncles and ET who is ready to give him comfort and any help he need :)

and that evil eunuch, even he's a ghost now,  words that came from his mouth still as poison like 900 years ago :angry:

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, hamaji said:

I watched episode 12 again and for the second time i cried with DH, thank God when he feel all alone, there's his uncles and ET who is ready to give him comfort and any help he need :)

and that evil eunuch, even he's a ghost now,  words that came from his mouth still as poison like 900 years ago :angry:

I want to repeat this evening.The most sweet grandfather give credit card to DH..How sad it that time.I love DH did not blame for goblin and grim reaper for all this.

Yes can I wish KiM Shin cut the tongue evil ghost:crazy:

• Like 3

@HollySometimes - I used to subscribe to Viki, but over time they stopped getting licenses for the *best* dramas...OR...if they got them, they were not licensed for the U.S.

I would give you, here, the various links to the websites where I watch Kdrama, but:

1) This site does not condone posting illegal websites or live streams, which is most of what's available if not Dramafever or Viki (bootleg is ripped from them anyway)

2) If I were to Private Message them to you ~ the URLs could be a disaster for computer viruses. I have SOLID anti-virus, plus ad blockers x3 - unless you also have something like this, clicking on random websites could blow your computer/smartphone.

I suggest that you first get anti-virus and ad blockers then simply Google: Goblin Kdrama episode __ (fill in #) English sub

Lots of links show up. Proceed with caution, but it definitely works.

Feel free to PM me if you need more information. :)

• Like 5

If uriGR had seen her past, too, he would not have asked if she saw KS in her live and him in some extend

An Idea I spouted last night:

Even thought KS is angry with GR or rather the man he once was, he will still have enough sense to know that GR didn't know much earlier then he did.
Still there will be a quarrel (maybe fight), but as GR will not fight back, the hot air will puff out of KS eventually

Then again, while those two are distracted, PJW (evilEunuch) will have a free spot to harm ET, thought he probably can't enter KSs house (or else other ghosts would have visited ET there, but they were scared of KS, PJW is not). But he can use her released relatives to either get ET out of the house or to enter and  try to harm her. Even thought the mark is weak, there will be still enough force to call on KS and as both man adore ET in their own way they will pull together and save her just in time

They might be carful around each other, but the concern for ET will be their first step into each others direction and eventually solve their dispute 

• Like 13

4 hours ago, ilxyoung said:

It's Eun Tak's death card. I'm not really sure about the date & time of death, but I saw a tweet that it says "Eun Tak is to "die" from a fall again; death card reads '坠落死'"

Have compared the 2 cards (in ep 11 and 12), the wordings are the same (date and time). So probably just GR doing his report (fingers crossed). 

• Like 5

Hi everyone, first time posting in here! I usually try not to watch ongoing dramas because I can't stand waiting for it every week, but I started Goblin and now I can't stop :( and the soundtrack is LIFE. Literally listening to it everyday.

Anyway, just caught up and episode 12 was seriously like a rollercoaster that only had drops, the feels were too strong. I really wish Sunny and Grim Reaper can have a happy ending but I don't know how this is gonna work. Maybe they'll meet again and fall in love in their next life?

Has anyone read The Little Match Girl by Hans Christian Anderson? The way ET summons KS reminds of it a lot and I feel like the stories may connect with each other. In the original story, a poor little girl sells matches on the streets in winter. To keep herself warm, she lights up the matches. With every match she lights up, she has a happy hallucination (food, warmth, etc.) After the last match burns out, she dies. I feel like Eun Tak is going to run out of 'matches' one day and that will be the reason for her 'death'. Her birthmark is fading, she's losing her ability to see ghosts, so I feel like later on when she tries to summon KS, he won't come. I hope that isn't the case but it's just something I thought of. Wahhhh time to spend another week waiting for new episodes.

• Like 17

On 7 January 2017 at 10:39 AM, yukipinkk said:

Too cute for words

Does anybody know the background music for this scene? Or the OST for this hasn't been released? The song was really good and it fits the scene so well! It reminded be of Busker Busker's Cherry Blossom Ending :)

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, napkiin said:

Sigh.

I'm not sure if we're watching the same drama, but it is shown from previous episodes that when a Grim Reaper touches someone, they see a person's past. They never mentioned anything about touching an object to see a person's past. Not to mention Sunny got her past life memories back when Grim Reaper kissed her, and she was ringless, Grim Reaper didn't see any memories at all, it was just Sunny. Grim Reaper didn't even know what Sunny saw, he had to ask her. Towards the end, in the epilogue/preview, Wang Yeo burns robes for Sun to wear in the afterlife.  So in your opinion, if that was NOT Grim Reaper's, who would that be? Who would have the memory of him burning the robes? More importantly, that last sequence in which he walks as a king and it segues into him walking as a grim reaper... if that's not the show's way of confirming that he is the king, then I don't know what else to say.

I'm really curious, why are you so set on Grim Reaper is the queen? In this episode the first 2 minutes or so, a text popped out on the bottom saying Grim Reaper is Wang Yeo. 

This would be the chyron you're talking about, I presume?

dHn6T6I.png

"Goblin has discovered the truth that Sunny was his sister in her previous life, and that Grim Reaper was 'Wang Yeo' in his..."

So pretty much this derails everything that can be said about Sunny being the King and Grims being the Queen, unless the production team wants to lie on national television and incur the wrath of all the Korean netizens. If there really was a twist in store, there would be no need to put this chyron on screen now and shoot themselves in the foot later. 

Tagging the both of you so you two can see this post: @napkiin @packmule3

Edited by kumoiwa
  • Like 20

@packmule3 another amazing analysis *claps* :wub:

I thought PJW deliberately told ET about GR identity as WY because PWJ know the truth that GR=Queen so he could have his revenge to KS and Queen at the same time. Hmmmm..... I think I need to watch episode 12 again, and gather another hints :)

• Like 6

I am confused.

When KS comes to olive chicken to pay that 5 dollar, Sunny acts as Kim Sun. She remembers her past life, apologize to KS for not living happily, even ask KS to come often to her store from now on.

But when KS comes at night to ask GR whereabout, Sunny acts as Sunny. She even says 'do you think I'm really Kim Sun because i remember my past life?'. And then she doesn't answer KS question.

It's contradictive from what she said before.

Why does she do that??

Does she 'dump' her orabeonni again, and easily just like that?i think a normal sister who had just remembered her past life which had close relationship with her brother, meet her brother again after 900 years, won't do the same thing like that.

Her behavior, responses, seem too weird for me. Like she becomes another person. Her character changes drastically and it doesn't make sense.

• Like 17

@packmule3 drew my attention to the kiss memory scene and here seems to be a lot going on there, some things I'm not 100% sure of.

1) The king loves the queen.

2) the king is scared

3) The king did not  deny that the Eunuch was the enemy, in fact he looked desperate and scared crapless at the queen saying it out loud.

4) the king is offended by the queen's lack of adornments yet he ignores most of the jewelry on the floor and search diligently for that specific ring. 

5) there is a mirror on the floor when he is rummaging through for the ring that reflects the king clearly.  I know there is a mirror theory on the thread, but I haven't read it so I'm not sure what we see there.  If it is the person's true self, well the kings looks terrified.  But then he looked terrified outside the mirror also.

6) The king might well be putting on "performance" for the court like he did with the tantrum about the medicine--but I'm not sure.

7) I am sure he is trying to save the queen's life.

8) With the giving of the ring he is trying to convey something beyond the words he is speaking, but she isn't getting it. 

9) The ring triggers a switch in perception. why does the perception shift happen with the ring. In a different story genre the ring would give glamour and shift people like Freaky Goryeo and you would see the person wearing  the ring as the one the ring belongs to. 

After the ring is on it looks as if the king and queen have changed physical position in the room. It isn't quite a reversal 180 degree shift but more like 130 degree shift.  the framing is different.  The queen was always framed by the black and white screen previously, the one wearing the queen's clothes is framed differently, against the interior (?) with  differently furniture behind her.  it is hard to be sure because there isn't a long shot.

Spoiler

I think the queen and king switch bodies and the queen survived and lived as the king. <--except I don't believe that because it is the wrong genre. lol

10) What do we know about the ring

a) the king forces the queen to wear it

B) Samshin Grandma says, “It doesn’t matter who pays. You’ll both end up paying a very high fee anyway.” (Dramabeans)

c) the Shaman told Sunny something to the effect that the ring is not her and carry the sorry etc of the owner. 

• Like 10

43 minutes ago, packmule3 said:

@ariesw

Don’t be tricked by the bouncing ball. I told you and others to follow the ring. :)

The *most* correct vision is from the Lady Reaper who touched Sunny’s RINGLESS hand. The other visions are distorted

The Lady Reaper saw that Sunny is the King. 

She recognized the King because she was the one who was tasked to give the poisoned drink for the Queen, but the King upended the tray because he knew it was poisoned. Also, she was an eyewitness at the massacre site when the Eunuch twisted the King’s mind against his Queen and Shin. 

Now, I hope this Lady Reaper does NOT reveal what she saw in Sunny's past, because then the Eunuch will have all the CORRECT pieces of the puzzle in hand. The Eunuch will know that the Real King is Sunny, while our clueless male leads, the Reaper and the Goblin, are still grappling with the WRONG VERSION of the TRUTH.

Shin and the Reaper/Queen are at each other’s throat (well, only Shin at the end of Episode 12) thinking the other one is their mortal enemy when all along the real enemy is Park Joon Woon, as the Queen had said 900 years ago. The past is prologue. :)

Without him raising a deadly weapon, the Eunuch’s revenge will be completed if and when Shin kills the Reaper. Because if Shin kills the Reaper, he is actually killing his own beloved sister.  

Without him doing anything but SPREAD LIES, the Eunuch will have eliminated his two most hated enemies: The Queen aka The Reaper, and Shin, in one strike. And it will be Shin who’ll do his dirty deed. 

So you're right.  The Eunuch's revenge is to mislead everybody :) and to make them do wicked things without their realization that they've been fooled.  

You see, his greatest and unrivaled power is the power to deceive with lies and distort the truth. He’s doing it all over again here.

For me, the bright thing in this Eunuch's reappearance was ET.  When ET told the Eunuch that he is mistaken because there's no Wang Yeo at their house, and that the nameless grim reaper is named Kim Woo Bin, I laughed. Unbeknownst to them all, that was perfect comeback in Episode 12. It's dramatic irony.

Don’t get fooled by all the smoke and mirror. The Queen is the Reaper and Sunny is the King. 

I should be in bed by now but I didn't want you to wait for my response. :)  Have a good week ahead of you.

Tagging the usual ladies:

@phikyl @salz@hushhh@gutibear @Athenaries @bebe1989 @romanov @LyraYoo @ariesw @letataves@naritul @staygold (heyyy, you changed your avatar! I like it but I miss the owl, too), @nearsea @vivvianne22 he was a possessed human then. nice one! @annnchan @crazyoverkdrama@kokodus see you here again, @rnia93 my virtual daughter-in-law lol. @dramoron

@sakurayukihime your English is awesome! You should hear my comical Japanese. :blink:Last time I tried to order coffee in Japanese at a McDonald's in Tokyo, they gave me Coke instead. Now, I didn't want to embarrass them so I took the soda and said Konichiwa -- which I knew THE SECOND I said it, was the oddest THING to say. It should have been Arigato. So there you go, I fail basic Japanese. Your English is awesome! :) 

Hello,

Sunny being the king and Kim Woo Bin Grim Reaper being the sister would be a big twist, I admit.

However, some things don't align with this theory.

Look at the concept of grim reapers being having committed very BIG sins. I don't think that Kim Sun has committed any sins, whereas the King ordered to kill his beloved Queen and regretted it for the rest of his life. He obviously loved her very much. And did he even order it? That's what everyone thinks, but maybe he did not and punished the Evil Eunuch for it, hence the Evil Eunuch wants to get revenge on both the king and Kim Shin who killed him... Just a floating thought here.

There's also the fact that Sunny remembers her private conversation with her brother calling her ugly (after the kiss). However, I was expecting Sunny to forget all about Grim Reaper as Kim Shin asked her questions, but she knew of the Grim Reaper and wanted to protect him... Does that mean she's immune to forgetting now? Or maybe all her memories with Grim Reaper and the King were "happy" memories...

But I'm also curious as to what the female GR saw when she touched Sunny's hand and the role of the little kid. Maybe the female GR was the one who shot Sunny in the heart? Eun Tak not being able to see the ghost also scares me a little.

Best,

• Like 20