[Drama 2016-2017] Guardian: The Lonely and Great Goblin 도깨비

Go Seung Ji

2 hours ago, itzibitzispider said:

goblin could be a boogyman if evil of sorts .... but Grim Reaper is the "death angel" ... Knecht Ruprecht is a truly knid man, that helps delivering food, wood and presents to good and poor kids

..hmm.. i see..

but still goblin is never boogeyman in any culture :(

• Like 2

Well... Lotbs air In sbs , a national tv when ppls watch it for free while goblin air In tvn a cable tv and not free. Even with that, goblin got 12% and more which is damn amazing coz 12% In cable tv it's like 20 something In national tv. Even clash with year end awards parade, still manage 12 to 13%, that's so damn good. now imagine if goblin air In sbs or kbs, i bet with whole my salary from this month that goblin Will beat every drama.:)

I've watched lotbs but dropped after 6 episode not because it's bad, it's a good drama but just that. Now after watching goblin, every other dramas seems mediocre to me coz goblin is a drama that is best In everything', cast crew writer cinematography songs, well like i said best In everything.

Ok done, and pardon for my bad english :sweatingbullets:

• Like 15

3 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

..hmm.. i see..

Yes
and
No
have you tried googling "Goblin" and do the picture search ... there are hardly any friendly pictures coming up
Also have you heard about the story where a goblin lives underneath the bridge and springs onto innocent travelers, that if they are not outwitting him he eats them.

There are tales that are evil, thought I know the meaning and the origin is different in our case. Translation programs do not look at a cultural difference but take the most common one. And the western world feeds the internet more, specially if you take roman letters or translate into roman letters ... if you take the hangul you will get (since a few weeks) the faces of GY and LDW

• Like 6

About JET reincarnation... was she really reincarnated? I guess she was because all characters are connected to each other from the past. In that case, who was she? At first, I thought she could be the warrior who killed Kim Shin. That warrior was very loyal to Kim Shin and he didn't want to kill the commander he admired. But he had no choice but to stab him with the sword. So it will become a closure to his character and a twist of fate if JET as his reincarnation pulls out the sword. We've learned from the drama that it's not restricted to gender.

But as time passes, I started to think she could be someone we haven't met yet. For example, a lady servant of low birth who was secretly in love with Kim Shin and never confessed her feelings because it wasn't common at that time. Then why he didn't notice her? Well, that's because he was too busy protecting the king and fighting in wars. When they met again, the circumstances were different and they fell in love because they share a bond that transcends centuries. And it's their destiny, after all. I know both guesses are not very plausible but I like to have fun with the ideas.

Few more pretty fan arts. I don't think they were shared yet

1.jpg

7.jpg

21.jpg  22.jpg

23.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg   27.jpg

cr: as tagged

• Like 17

I'm glad Kim Go Eun play Eun Tak role. She did amazing job. Kinda sad people being harsh to her at the beginning. Her acting skill is great, and Gong Yoo admitted it too.. sHe remind me to Gong Hyu Jin.  Goblin is the best drama i ever watch not because i've become Gong Yoo and Lee Dong Wook fans fors years but the drama is good in every aspect. :)

• Like 13

1 hour ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

..hmm.. i see..

my son saw I was watching Goblin and asked if he can watch it with me because he said is Goblin is another name for santa claus. We live in Norway. So I think in scandinavia or north europe Goblin is santa claus. 

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, hushhh said:

I don't think ET was reincarnated.

But if she is a reincarnation from the earlier period the only other thing we've seen Shin spend time with, outside of his sword is his horse. Maybe she was his horse.

Ok... I am speechless.....LOL!

• Like 12

1 hour ago, hushhh said:

But if she is a reincarnation from the earlier period the only other thing we've seen Shin spend time with, outside of his sword is his horse. Maybe she was his horse.

LOL i just :w00t::w00t::w00t:

You deserve this ajusshi

tumblr_oi3gzoMofx1sto6kxo1_1280.jpg

Ppl here are the best!

*Backtowork*

• Like 13

7 hours ago, yukipinkk said:

Gah I've been trying to post since yesterday because I got a bug on my account that doesn't let me reply to any topics >.< Well here's my new account(same username) even though no one knows me lol 

Could it perhaps be that I reached post limit or posted too many things earlier today? does anyone know anything about this?

Mod edit: prob solved.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, hushhh said:

LOL... :w00t: .. i wanna cry laughing 

• Like 5

I thank @mellyne  (hello!)  for the darkly romantic idea of "Sunny and the Grim Reaper kiss and then their memories return". I wrote this crappy short fic stuff

Thanks, @joyezz  for letting me know whose idea it was.

I hope @frankreich will write something too.

Edited by selenette
Thanking Mellyne
  • Like 9

@gamshe thank you so much for wonderful arts:wub: Those collection of Wang Yeo's gazes are precious! I love WangSun arts as well, especially black&white one. So sad yet so beautiful. And YIN's gifs all shows what a great actress she is. I believe that in last episodes when we'll get angst for WangSun her talent will be highlighted cos I feel some angst for them is coming if she'll remember her past life somehow. I believe that she'll forgive Wang Yeo quite easily but overall in between them there should be big drama. Please keep doing arts!

Talking about fan arts and historical dramas. I think both Dong Wook and Gong Yoo should really do either historical dramas or movies asap. They both fit Goryeo era. Just don't put those weird hats on LDW and too much facial hair like in Mandate of Heaven.lol

ezgif_com_video_to_gif_34.gif

credit on the gif

• Like 15