[Drama 2016-2017] Guardian: The Lonely and Great Goblin 도깨비

Go Seung Ji

There are so many reasons why Goblin is UNLIKE other dramas..

1. This drama makes me aching for skinship. Everytime ET cries I wished that KS would hug her. Skinship was so scarce that every time it happens, it's treasured 

2. I am not laughing at the acts only but most importantly, the dialogues. 

3. Nothing is extravagant except for the clothes. The acts, the make-up, the bromance and every thing else come naturally even ET childish acts. It feels real..ESPECIALLY the KISS

:heart:

• Like 21

56 minutes ago, ujiyus1 said:

Exactly as what Ji Eun Tak said---> AHJUSSI IN EXPENSIVE CLOTHES!!! I wish I can wear those too, of course the women version **sigh** .... 

I love Kim Go Eun's acting... she's talented and I hope people see her value! 

Sunny even said that KS wore $20,000 clothes

• Like 2

I wonder if will see a KS and ET wedding. I just fangirl just imaging it. Would rather see it sooner that later LOL (age gap doesn't matter for me). 

I'm aware that KGE is in a relationship but somehow I'm imagining  that during the awards season, GY and KGE would sit next to each other while watching Crush singing :Beautiful  on stage. She would shed some tears and GY would hold her hand to comfort her...

HOW I WISH I COULD SEE THAT   :heart:

• Like 8

1 hour ago, 122am said:

I think Kim Go Eun's worth as an actress is her untouched natural face. She looks natural, without any cosmetic surgery. That alone allows the audience to easily connect with her when viewing her performance.

Same goes for GY, he has always maintained his looks naturally.

Exactly! Totally agree with you. They both look very natural. I know a lot of ajummas are saying that GY aged since Coffee Prince but he aged so well and naturally too!

KGE's eyes are really pretty. And it is great she did not touched them as a lot of girls are not confident when it comes to their eyes and hence have double eye lid surgery. Several really good actresses these days also have single eye lids; Park So Dam, Go Ah Sung come to mind right away.

@122am Ah yes about GY's acting. Sometimes he is so good that you don't see the actor anymore, the two merge. There were some intense moments like that in Coffee Prince as well. It's like the body language, the eyes, even the way he breathes just fit the character exactly.

• Like 17

1 hour ago, cristapark said:
  1 hour ago, 122am said:

@cristapark @blademan yes the second kiss seems natural and GY's response seems surprised! I thought it might be ad-lib too, but is it possible? Wouldn't it be disrespecting the script, director and writer? It will be so great if there is BTS for this! 

I would think it would be disrespecting the actor, unless you and the other actor had a very specific relationship that allows that kind of experimentation. The integrity of an actor's body is theirs and should be abridged without their explicit permission.

Imagine if it were reverse and the much younger actress assumed there was one kiss in the scene and then all of a sudden a much older actor just continued kissing her unexpectedly.  

But sometimes a get a unrehearsed response the director will ask an actor to do something without telling the second actor.  Sometimes it acceptable, other times [Last Tango in Paris- Ima looking at you] it is criminal.

• Like 12

1 hour ago, puuuumash said:

What I love about this thread is before I could even ask another question about the series, I already got tentative answers in a multiple choice way. :thumbsup::grin:

x.gif

Haha I feel you, chingu. When I'm off the thread, questions pop in my head or thoughts about some scenes that I file away the next time I post here. And then I come here to backread and somebody has already given a detailed analysis of things. Which I really love to read. I even get some refreshers on literature. I really appreciate this thread because I learn a lot. 

Another thing I like, there are no shipping wars. We all exist harmoniously here. We love the characters individually and their relationships with one another. Drama-viewing gets stressful when fans attack one another over their biases and I am glad that is absent here. 

It's funny while I was backreading here and the recent topic is KGE and the age gap - I was ready to type my essay defending KGE but I sufficiently calmed down now after reading the wonderful posts here. I've only seen her in CITT which I dropped when I thought it started imploding (I follow the webtoon and love it to bits). I always thought she's a good actress and never understood the unwarranted hate she got. Netizens and keyboard warriors are a very vicious lot protected by anonymity of the net; take that away and I don't think they can look her in the eye and say what they have been posting. She blows me away as JET and I hope those haters have been silenced. I saw some recommendation of her work here and have started looking for them. Thank you! 

It's back to work for me in about 12 hours and I'm still lurking here hehe. I hope I can still take a peek here what with all the work coming my way. Thinking about the lesser hours on KDrama I can spend is making me sad.

Love you all! See you later chingus! :blush:

@naritul what are you talking about? Hahaha. Your english is great. I can understand you perfectly. Lol. 

• Like 16

10 hours ago, Rori said:

Hello fellow Goblin nuts! I am on the hunt for a certain song from this drama and I'm not receiving much luck hunting for it elsewhere. If anyone here could help at all I would appreciate it greatly. First instance of this song playing is when Eun Tak is saying goodbye to her ghost mother, another instance, and a most recent one, is where she is saying goodbye to her mother's ghost school friend after finding out the location of the insurance money. 

I don't know if anyone answered you but I also looked for it and no luck. I think it might be part 9 or 10 of the OST and might come out later. I will post it here as soon as I find it! Awesome song!

• Like 4

Nice post/informative.

Spoiler

YOur picture for Wang Yeo and Kim Sun is the same.

24 minutes ago, selenette said:

WANG YEO

WANG_YEO_Pic.jpg

As this was a name Kim Shin wrote down on Ep 8, there would be no mistaking it. 

(wang) = king (Note:  the three horizontal strokes are Heaven, Man and Earth. The vertical stroke is the king. A king, therefore, has to connect Heaven, Man, and Earth. This implies that a king's failure in maintaining this sacred connection/carrying out the mandate to rule justly, will result in Heavenly punishment)

(yeo) = dark; black; dawn; many people; commoners

--> THE DARK KING, THE BLACK KING, THE KING OF MANY PEOPLE , THE KING OF DAWN

KIM SUN

KIM_SUN_PIC.jpg

Written side by side with Wang Yeo's name on Ep 8, this name's Hanja characters were clarified as well.  

(kim)= gold; iron

(sun) = virtuous; good; kind; charitable;kindness  (Note: the character is formed by two other characters, 誩 ("say a lot") and  羊 ("goat" [= sacrifice, soft speech], implying that the person always speaks in kindness and is selfless/self-sacrificing)

--> GOLDEN VIRTUE; GOLDEN KINDNESS; TRUE/GOLDEN SELFLESSNESS

• Like 5

@jellybellymonster, hello there chinggu! It's good to hear that there is someone who felt the same way like me. :smile: Reading the analysis of our other chinggus here is somewhat a stress reliever for me. The analysis from @bebebisous33(sorry for mentioning you here unnie. I actually want to appreciate the efforts you've been doing for us :sweat_smile: ) are great. I had a question back then, and she gave an answer, now I am relieved. :wink: Of course, as well as the analysis of our other chinggus (too many to mention :sweat: ) are so informative too, I felt like I was talking to Goblin's writers here. :relaxed:

• Like 8