[Drama 2016-2017] Guardian: The Lonely and Great Goblin 도깨비

Go Seung Ji

14 hours ago, beijingdoll said:

I'm rewatching a few episodes of Goblin EVERY DAY and I'm falling deeper and deeper in love with this show. Is it that possible??

Every day I discover something new and another theory comes to my mind. As some of you pointed out before, I'm craving for a happy ending BUT we never know. This show is a masterpiece in every sense of the word so I trust their writers... Fingers crossed!!

I don't know if I'm the only one feeling this but very scene gets into my heart... every melody... every colour. GY and KGE performance and chemistry is something I've never watched before on a drama... they give me goosebumps. When they look at each other my heart skips a beat... moreover when they are almost crying... damn... I can't help to cry with them every time. I'm not tired of rewatching their scenes over and over again, also music videos on youtube...

Yes. I'm 35 years old and I'm in love with this show. I REGRET NOTHING. Next year I'm planning another trip to Seoul (I've been there around 10 times and I love it)  I want to visit all the places where they filmed Goblin so I hope their fans in Korea will create an itinerary of places to visit, hehe. ANother thing I want to do is to buy "Physics of Love" poem book. I've already found it in Kyobo online store but I don't speak Korean so it will be difficult for me to purchase it. In any case, I'm sure I will find during my visit.

Have a nice day my beloved Goblin fans!

Me too!! I lost count how many Times i rewatch Kim shin-eun tak scenes, everytime i got free time from work i straight go to my tab and rewatching first time meeting scenes, laying down together at the episode 8, the kiss and many moooore. 

I'm addicted to this couple it's not healthy but i'm 100% okay with that.:wub:

Also i think the chemistry between main couple are way better than the bromance if not the same, coz what got me hooked with this drama is Eun tak and Kim Shin banter, them talking with each other, their funny and sad scenes, it's memorable. For bromance i like dhok hwa with both uncle :w00t:

But again this is only MY opinion, anyone have their own tho.

@Chellsee her smile, like Kim shin said is shining brightly :wub:

• Like 22

officially announce 2017 is the year of the Ahjusshi for me.
C0iJ_VsUQAIY02r.jpg

mish @bogumbap

btw, anyone posted this,
i missed some of the pages, now literally duno which pages i read, which not....
http://www.koreaboo.com/buzz/8-reasons-you-should-be-watching-tvns-goblin/

8 Reasons You Should Be Watching tvN’s Goblin

With its star-studded cast and crew and fantastic plot, tvN‘s Goblin is a drama you can’t afford to miss.

Goblin has seen a lot of attention as it continues to break viewership records. The drama has even gone on to become more popular than mega-hit KBS drama “Descendants of the Sun,” which aired earlier this year.

Here are eight reasons why you need to be watching Goblin.

goblin-cast.jpg

(kindly read actual article.)

• Like 24

11 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

@nubianlegalmind @princess nour90 The reason why GR is much younger than the goblin (900 vs. 300) is because when the king died, he wasn't offered the tea. Remember the case number 2: GR didn't give him the cup of tea and the drunk driver was told that he would never forget his wrongdoings and remembering was part of his punishment. The way GR described the driver's  future "life" (his hell) was so emotional that you could feel that GR had experienced it too before getting the tea and become a GR!

By the way, we were told in the last episode that one GR recognised his wife and ran away with her... This little detail is important because this case proves us that GR can disobey, remember their past and try to live again. Maybe GR and Sunny will be put through such a situation. However, this is no real solution.

if GR wasn't offered the tea, he shouldn't  forget his past. is it his punishment to not remember all his past? 

• Like 5

I like the statement that @quockhanh45 put up. Our goblin, Kim Shin won't die and he is the CEO of the company, we haven't seen him, yet. Maybe that's something that could happen? My guess is the grim reaper will realize that he is the reincarnation of the king and what he has does in his past life was bad, therefore, he takes the curse away from the goblin. :smile: Just a guess I was thinking of, because I truly want a happy ending. Sorry to bring it up here, but Scarlet Heart Ryeo didn't give me a happy ending. :dissapointed:

@naritul I like those gifs. Lol! Eun Tak was scared of the grim reaper at first, but how they live together and get along so well. He's like a friend/oppa to her. :grin:

@hairuchii thank you for the video of our bromance between the goblin and grim reaper. Too cute and funny! :love:

BTW, at the end of episodes 1-5, the OST sung by Punch is a different version, right? It doesn't sound the same as the one that has been released that featured Chanyeol. The lyrics are different, too. Is there a different one that they'll release? 

• Like 9

In episode 7 while Eun Tak was studying on their dinner table, Kim Shin approach her and they start to bicker again...at the last part of that scene why did KS say to Eun Tak "its so noisy from all the traffic, its not good for you" and he followed it up by  asking ET "Do you like your bed?" What does KS trying to imply to ET???been bothering me everytime i rewatched those episodes.

• Like 11

8 hours ago, packmule3 said:

2. The second “ball fake” involved the mirror.  

This mirror --

Reveal hidden contents

goblin%20mirror_zpshi2x4jfj.jpg?t=148277

Often, critical viewers wonder why directors select certain shots and angles.  Here, I think it's noteworthy that the director suddenly stops doing close-up shots, and shoots the characters as viewed THROUGH this mirror.  Why?  

Here is the scene as it unfolds:

Reaper: I just feel like that I’ve seen her somewhere before.

(flashback of the queen smiling at Shin and getting shot by an arrow. Reaper and Shin exchange looks. Shin lowers the scroll from his shoulder. Camera changes from close-up view of their faces to a mirror shot. As the camera is focused on the mirror, Shin begins to speak.) 

Shin: And who is the woman you know that looks like her (his sister)?

See it, @phikyl?

The editing is cleverly and meticulously done, and that’s why to me, this is an intentional “ball fake.” The director is using a TV trope involving mirrors, that is, the mirror reflects the true answer.  Remember your Snow White and the magic mirror? The witch asks “Who’s the fairest one of all?” and the mirror reveals the truth and replies, “Snow White.”

Here, in our case, the Reaper wonders why the girl looks familiar and Shin asks him who does he think she is. The mirror holds the key: the girl looks familiar to the Reaper because he’s seen his OWN REFLECTION on a mirror before, while to Shin, the reflection on the mirror reveals HIS SISTER's image standing in front of him but he doesn't recognize her. 

Like the broken ceramic, the mirror is not an inconsequential prop. To me, the director is using the mirror to create a tension between what is viewed up-close (just two men talking) and what appears through the looking glass.

Later, when the Reaper tries to practice saying "big brother" on the other mirror and fails to do so, I thought the director is again reinforcing this idea of the mirror as a reflection of his true self.  The Reaper can't admit it because it's too mind-boggling for him to consider at the moment. 

If this prediction comes up as true, then this one would be the bestest of all. Part of the reason why I don't want to associate the Reaper with the king is because, I don't want to think of him as the cruel king, who caused so much pain and conflicts in Shin's life..Apart from the personal reason, well, we've been saying on from day 1 that reaper= king, and sunny=queen, you don't even need to know maths to get the equation..So, as long as there is more mystery in the plate, who won't be happy?

If there is any arther conan doyle on *the mysteries of Kdramas the title would be bestowed on you, no doubt..I am missing @camelknight's funny banter with you, which always is such a delight to read. Anyway coming back to the story again, on ep 6, [I think?], I keep coming back to this scene, [I know we all have acknowledged it before], but Shin was reminiscing of the past, with the king, and then suddenly the camera focuses on Sunny right? It can't be that they included that scene randomly, for no specific reason. So I am not sure if writer hinting at Reaper being the dongsaeng is just a red herring or a legit clue thrown at us. And you saying that when Shin was writing Wang's name, Reaper felt the stab in his heart, because king was the one who made him die, that sounds plausible too, so at this point, we still can't say who's who. But as long as the guessing game keeps going, I don't mind, the speculations keep the time move fast hehe. 

Also @selenette I do remember the reaper being named 'Wang' on the drama descriptions when it first came on screen, but I wonder if the writer would disclose that big a clue that soon to the viewers? Since, it's a very important one, and when we are finally informed of the mystery regarding the whole identity crisis, we are 50% close to the ending..imo. So,just cause it's so much fun to contradict,eliminate or compare the clues or hints placed randomly around the episodes so I want to keep my mind open and continue guessing, just for the sake of my own stupid pleasure hahah. And yes as long as you all would play along of course.

• Like 15

Done back reading 30 pages, this thread move soo fast.

Just watched ep 7 and 8 yesterday. i guess it's time for us to board the rollercoaster of emotions, there will be bitter, heart-broke, sad revelation scenes for next episodes:phew:

Wanna share my 2 cents about fate and destiny, GB vs ET. here we go..

After everything i see from ep 1, i can say GB acts as a kind of 'fate-changer' in life. ET's mom, the boy who tried to run from home, man who tried to hang himself, the thief on bicycle. What he's done is intervene their actions in life. Fate says A, but because of his actions, it became B.

ET's mom. She prayed and god(GB) hear her prayer. she's alive, so did baby ET. Her fate change.

The boy who tried to run from home, after GB advised him, he decided to stay at home. He chose the right thing, and so his fate changed.

Man who tried to hang himself, after GB advised him, he decided to stay alive. Plus Red Lady send that man's daughter. There's a bit of miracle here(the daughter) so he regret his past decision and cry. His fate changed.

The thief on bicycle. If GB didn't tackle that bicycle, a lot of people will die by accident that morning. Fate change, with a bit of miracle(i'll explain it below on ET's side). Many people fates changed.

Deity/God gave these purpose to GB, to change human fate. 

On the other hand, ET is like an angel. I think its her fate to help (mostly) the ghosts with their unfinished problem so they can go to afterlife. Not only the ghosts but also GB. Her fate, is to pull the sword off from GB's chest, to end his immortal life.It's her purpose given from God.

Back to the thief on bicycle. Series of accidents will happen if GB didn't tackle his bicycle and ET didn't board the bus. Here ET worked as a miracle (and she's already a miracle since GB saved her mom). She's not supposed to board the bus(remember GB's visions, ET is nowhere). But the GB showed up and bring the scarf. Combination of unexpected variables, ET and GB, miracle and a 'fate-changer', has saved so many lives that day.

Here i can conclude :

I think ET and GB purpose could help each other fate. Fate says ET will die if she doesn't pull the sword, but that means GB will die. ET's life means death to GB, but GB's life means ET's death. If they already saves many life, creating destiny for those people, why can't they do it for themself? If other people can have 'variables' of fate in their life, why can't they?So here i believe that this drama will have a happy ending, because ET and GB could have variables and their destiny too:wub:

Actually, i like the message depicted in this drama, esp by those scenes i write above. Fate can change. By pray, by your choices in life, or by other variable that you wouldn't expect could come in life(ex: GB and ET). You can create your destiny because life is all about choices. I don't like people who tend to surrender to fate, just sit back and do nothing which can solve their problem, improve their life, and blame the fate.

Summoning @packmule3 because this post is replying her post too:) the first ball fake explained my curiosity. i confused why did GR sweep the broken ceramic. i thought maybe GB's weight broke it when he fell, haha..i'm still sure GR is GB's sister. Can't wait to see him call GB orabeonni/hyung, ppfftt, gonna be epic :phew:

@Chellsee i always love ur picture update, keep updating! :)

@itzibitzispider your signature is soo cute, i like it :blush:

• Like 17