[Drama 2016-2017] Guardian: The Lonely and Great Goblin 도깨비

Go Seung Ji

50 minutes ago, salz said:

kinda feel like Inception lol

but still hilarious with his reaction watching his own movie..im actually waiting for his comment saying the main lead there look as handsome as he is lmao but well he too busy freaking out

Gong Yoo's acting was great. Haha... he even could act like it was not him starred in the movie. Like he never seen zombie-like before. Lol... he didn't watch the movie because Eun Tak closed his eyes right? :D don't know he saw him in the movie or not. But it is funny too if he said that or he would say that he is more handsome. Haha...

This episode is daebak:wub: 

• Like 13

Guest ktiminie
5 minutes ago, sakura2016 said:

really?!! should I delete it?!! :blink: 

I've seen it's already everywhere on the web. Let's see if uploaders are asked to remove it... This is our gift before Christmas, hehehe :tounge_wink:

2 hours ago, naritul said:

i think i'm missing some parts...

In the youtube version that is uploaded by tvn, that part isn't aired. I translate the conversation based on the raw version, before I found the video on youtue. 

If someone is wondering what song that Euntak sang in the wedding, it's a song by Lee Sunhee 그중에그대를 만나 (Meet him among them)

Spoiler

I think the sub version is almost out, so this is my last translation for ep 7

KS: What do you want me to do?
GR: She’s calling me
KS: So what do you want me to do?
GR: Please answer it for me. If I don’t answer it again, I don’t know whether she will kill me or not. I still don’t have a name card so I can’t answer it. I don’t have anything to talk with her. Please help me this once
KS: Why do you don’t have anything thing to say? ‘You don’t recognize my voice? This is my voice’ (he is impersonating what GR did in the previous eps) You could say that. You said to not bother each other. You said you didn’t need it. What a forgetful grim reaper you are (?)
GR: Forget it! Where does that missing soul go?
KS: She won’t come home any sooner to help you. She is eating ice cream and having much fun with that sesame (?)
GR: Sesame? What is she doing there at this time when we have a lot of sesame at home?
KS: I don’t know. Get lost!

ET: Now that I think it again, it was so interesting. How can we meet each other in the university?
TH: Me too
ET: Have you been well?
TH: I’m not sure. Sometimes I’m thinking about you
ET: *gigling happily*

GR: Hey missing soul. Please answer the phone for me
ET: Are you crazy? How can you follow me to here?
TH: Who is it? Is he your father?
GR: What is your name?
ET: Oppa! Don’t say your name. Don’t look at his eyes!
GR: I can’t answer this call and if you don’t answer it, I’ll ask what his name and write it. Do it
ET: I got it! Oppa excuse me for a moment  

GR/KWB: I’m 34 years old. My birthday is in October. My zodiac is Sagitarius. My blood type is B. I’m still single (not married). I am renting a house. I’ll buy a car if it is needed. I still don’t have a name card… I miss you
SN: Me too. What a funny man you are… Do you like me? But you are avoiding my call?
GR: I thought you might not like someone who doesn’t have a name card
SN: So you don’t have a name card. You can tell it to me by calling me or sending a message
GR: In the future I’ll do that. Do you have a name card?
SN: What about my name card?
GR: I am curious what kind of person you are
SN: My face is my name card. It is written clearly on my face, right? A beautiful person
GR: Ah.. Yes, you are right. I really want to take it/save it
SN: See? How fun it was for us to meet? We can know each other more and we can get closer too. What do you like?
GR: Ms. Sunny (You)
SN: You make me crazy. Other than that. Your hobby or something else
GR: Ms. Sunny
SN: I knew about it
GR: I love the way you act as much as drama (?) Your unforeseeable act (?) is beyond my imagination (?) while my actions are all clumsy and incorrect. A new hobby that I got is called Sunny (?) which is like the God’s plan and it might be a mistake from God. It’s like that
SN: How can he talk so good? Does he have any experience (?)? (maybe she asked if he has ever dated?)
GR: Is that something that I should have? When I’m ready, I’ll call you again
SN: No! It’s okay if you don’t have. Just sit there before I kill you. What kind of man he is?
GR: I’m 34 years old. My birthday is in October …
SN: No, no. You don’t have to do that. Just sit there quietly. I want to look at you carefully (?)

*bgm ‘Today, tomorrow and the day after that in this world you are the prettiest’*

Ah... Tomorrow I don't think I can streaming live since tomorrow in my country is Christmas Eve... Hopefully I can find the time to watch ep 8, especially after the preview like that...

Happy holidays.. Merry Christmas :) 

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

http://www.ibtimes.sg/why-gong-yoos-goblin-giving-sleepless-nights-seventeens-s-coups-5735

Why is Gong Yoo's Goblin giving sleepless nights to SEVENTEEN's S.Coups?
1482380094_goblin.png

There is no stopping of Gong Yoo's Goblin, literally! After dethroning other popular K-dramas like "The Legend Of The Blue Sea", "Moonlight Drawn by Clouds" and "Descendants Of The Sun," the sixth episode achieved a record breaking 12.9 percent ratings overall, according to Nielsen Korea.

Meanwhile, SEVENTEEN's S.Coups has revealed that the drama is giving him sleepless nights. "I watch it whenever I can. I cut down on sleep to watch it. A fan recently gave me a collection of poems that appeared in 'Goblin.' I'm reading it these days and there is a memorable poem in it. It's called 'The Horizon.' I was so moved," the pop star was quoted saying to Soompi. Also known as Guardian: The Lonely and Great God, the series narrates the story of a Joseon warrior Kim Shin and his curse for an eternal life. To break the 900-year old quest, he needs the help of a human bride Ji Eun Tak.

The sixth episode ended with Eun Tak's failed efforts in removing the sword and the couple also shared their first kiss. The show also took a time lapse and Eun Tak is now 29. From the spoilers and newly released pictures, it looks like Kim Shin will have a rival in the upcoming episodes. Eun Tak suddenly meets her first love Tae Hee (guest star Jung Hae In) also a member of the college baseball team. Get ready for some funny antics from Goblin who goes to the team's locker room to check his rival. From the recap, it also looks like the couple will share some sweet moments and get to know each other better but it ended in a tragedy—Eun Tak meets with an accident. Will she die or go close to death?

Fans of the show have come up with a number of theories after Eun Tak failed to remove Goblin's sword. Some even predicted that she is not the true Goblin's bride and she is lying about being able to see the sword. Looks like fans will be subjected to a slew of emotional roller coaster rides in this week's episodes.

• Like 13

19 minutes ago, maryofbethany said:

@my,kdrama.cafe
someone mentioned hours ago, she liked this part, of the running together.. you find KS in a very ligtht spirit grinning. happy for him to be able to experience the First Love excitements like any 19 yrs old. i just couldnt imagine that younger oppa is more charming than 37 yrs old Gongyoo? no way!!! coffee prince feels returns. !

I find 37 years old Gong Yoo is more charming than that younger oppa. And i think the older he is, the more charming and handsome he is too :wub:  *Ahjussi effect

• Like 14

To me, there was no doubt that GR is the king and Sunny the Queen, since the king committed huge crimes. The goblin mentioned that a person becomes a GR when he or she committed big sins in their past life.

This episode confirms it more:

- Yes, some people will say that since the queen had tears in her eyes and GR has a similar reaction, they could be the same person. However, this doesn't make any sense. This reaction would make the GR look like a self-centered and narcissic person. No, from my point of view, his tears are mirroring the tears the Queen when she was dying. The king felt the same way but could never show it, since he was acting like a King. However, the portray triggered his memory and all he had was pain. This is pretty clear that he suffered so much from the loss that even if his memories got erased, the pain was so huge that it couldn't be entirely erased. Notice that each tear is connected to a trigger:

- the ring

- the painting of the Queen 

All these are clues that GR is the king who loved her very much and regretted his decision. If GR were the Queen, this would make her look selfish: he is reminded of his own death? 

- In this new episode, we see a new scene between the Queen and the King. Notice that Sunny's face is shown just before we see the Queen walking. Actually, the Queen wasn't Queen yet. She was getting prepared to her new role. She needed to learn how to walk like a Queen that's why she has a plate on each shoulder. She is supposed to walk without dropping them. The King had heard that his future bride was training and he wanted to see her face, that's why he is disguised as guard. However, the Queen noticed him and got surprised so that the two plates fell. She wasn't dressed like a Queen because she hadn't the title yet. Moreover, her training required less beautiful clothes. 

As conclusion, for the King, it was love at first sight... just like with Sunny.

@triplem @sakura2016 @selenette @maryofbethany @Sarang21 @Yongzura @littleloony

• Like 24

Image may contain: one or more people and shoes

Goblin (2016)

4d85dc20be9d6872dbbb8e8670c3860b.jpg

Leon (1995)

I guess I'm just sucker for this hanging kind of shot. Both taken after the hero saved their heroine.

That backhug is intense. I love how ET grasping Goblin's arm tightly as his grasping her body, just as tight.

What's with the Goblin's fashion tonight? He look like a sick person... that scarf is a big no-no.

The Time-jump card hasn't been used on Eun Tak until now... I seriously have no idea where is this going...

Sad, ending like preview (Ep 6) that ends up comedic...
Comedic, love rival preview (Ep 7) that ends up sad and kinda tragic...

I shouldnt believe in preview no more...

• Like 17

4 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

To me, there was no doubt that GR is the king and Sunny the Queen, since the king committed huge crimes. The goblin mentioned that GR used to have committed big sins in their past life.

This episode confirms it more:

- Yes, some people will say that since the queen had tears in her eyes and GR has a similar reaction, they could be the same person. However, this doesn't make any sense. This reaction would make the GR look like a self-centered and narcissic person. No, from my point of view, his tears are mirroring the tears the Queen when she was dying. The king felt the same way but could never show it, since he was acting like a King. However, the portray triggered his memory and all he had was pain. This is pretty clear that he suffered so much from the loss that even if his memories got erased, the pain was so huge that it couldn't be entirely erased. Notice that each tear is connected to a trigger:

- the ring

- the painting of the Queen 

All these are clues that GR is the king who loved her very much and regretted his decision.

- In this new episode, we see a new scene between the Queen and the King. Notice that Sunny's face is shown just before we see the Queen walking. Actually, the Queen wasn't Queen yet. She was getting prepared to her new role. She needed to learn how to walk like a Queen that's why she has a plate on each shoulder. She is supposed to walk without dropping them. The King had heard that his future bride was training and he wanted to see her face, that's why he is disguised as guard. However, the Queen noticed him and got surprised so that the two plates fell. She wasn't dressed like a Queen because she hadn't the title yet. Moreover, her training required less beautiful clothes. 

As conclusion, for the King, it was love at first sight... just like with Sunny.

So does it mean the king doesn't have a queen yet at that time? I agree with you. If she is a queen, impossible for the king to give the command to kill her own wife. Does the ring have any meaning or it is just an accessories to label her a queen-to-be/his first love? 

• Like 9

http://www.ibtimes.sg/goblin-lifted-line-descendants-sun-it-just-meta-reference-writer-5767

'Goblin' lifted line from 'Descendants of the Sun'? Or is it just meta reference to writer?
1482480367_goblin.jpg

'Goblin: The Lonely and Great God' recently achieved the highest ratings for a Korean drama, toppling previous record holder 'Reply 1998.' However, it seems that the makers of the Gong Yoo starrer were not above doing a bit of lifting from another very popular television drama, 'Descendants of the Sun.'

Website Korea Portal notes that last Saturday, there was a particular dialogue in a scene from the sixth episode of 'Goblin' which was uncannily similar to another dialogue from 'Descendants of the Sun.' Actor Lee Dong-wook, who plays Wang Yeo, the Grim Reaper in 'Goblin' said "I am a Grim Reaper. Grim Reapers follow orders. Sometimes who I believe is Sun-hee might be Sunny to another."

The line quoted above is very similar to the words uttered by Yoo Shi Jin in 'Descendants of the Sun.' "I am a soldier. Soldiers follow orders. Sometimes what I believe is good and right means something else to another," said actor Song Joong-ki, playing the role of the Alpha team leader.

Of course it must be mentioned that screenwriter Kim Eun-sook wrote both the dramas, so it may have been an in-joke, it may have been intended as a small meta-reference to the writer as a creator, or it may refer to the writing process itself. However, it mostly comes across as lifted material.

Surely Eun-sook being one of the highest paid and most sought after screenwriters in South Korea, was more than enough capable of writing an original line. So, this might just seem like a lazy repurposing of her own writing because she couldn't come up with a fresh line at that time which would have sounded different. After all, she has written 11 television projects as well as one film 'Fly High' in 2006.

However, the most likely reason would be the line was a bit of a wink to the audiences; reminding them of the undeniable importance of a screenwriter. In fact, it seems she was quite conscious of her desire to separate 'Goblin' from all the work she had done so far. "When I had a meeting with Kim Go Eun, I told her that this drama would be different [than the previous ones], that all of the characters would stand out," Kim Eun-sook was quoted as saying by Allkpop.

Well, she has succeeded similar dialogue and all. The show has been a hit internationally and has knocked 'Descendants of the Sun' off the top spot. The fantasy, romance-drama has been creating a lot of buzz, not just for the alleged paedophilia in the show, but for its top performances, cinematography and visual effects.

'Goblin' also has good make-up effects, as seen in episode one, where the character of the goddess of birth, played by 34-year old actor Lee El, had to look like an old lady. Overall, it is a very entertaining and exciting drama series containing moments of wonder, terror, romance and surprises which have been embraced by audiences across the world. And the viewership continues to grow.

• Like 11

44 minutes ago, Mico Ricco said:

episode 7 subbed 100% at VIU. :)

do expect it available at every other non-legalize sites soon.

p/s speak of the devil, it is now available at non-legalize sites 12:15am SGT

Wow...the subs is really available at non-legalize sites. It is really fast :w00t:

• Like 5

‘Guardian’ looking for amateur actors

restmb_jhidxmake.php?idx=5&simg=20161223

Ongoing tvN drama “Guardian” is seeking amateur actors to play extras.

A notice was posted on the drama’s Facebook page on Tuesday, saying the production team is in need of people who can act as simple passers-by on the streets and unassuming customers at restaurants. 

The only requirement for applicants was to have a “neat appearance.” It did not ask for previous experience in acting nor specific age or gender. 

The job offered 130,000 won ($107) per day of work, and suggested those interested to apply together with friends.

The notice instantly grabbed the attention of thousands and spots quickly filled up. 

If you missed it this time, keep an eye out for the next notice. 

http://kpopherald.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=201612231700453056256_2

• Like 13

46 minutes ago, valzki said:

Have they actually already released the part 6 ost (sam kim - who are you)? I still saw it on youtube just now.

i don't know they release it already or not, i thought they release 2ost in a row because me too saw it everywhere on youtube. but i got confused because i can't really find  the mp3 file. 

if not today i think they'll release it tomorrow?? 

edit : it's already new day in korea tho. 

• Like 6

I'm on a winter holiday abroad and I haven't been able to read the posts here for almost a week! I need to backread fast! I just finished watching the raw and to those who predicted that the OTP are probably watching Train to Busan... *applause* I was legit laughing out loud and my family were just looking  at me. Haha. The ending was very surprising though. ET can pull the sword! And then everything happened so fast that I didn't know how to react. But I may have probably laughed a little because of how extremely dramatic and random the destruction of cars was. I have to wake up early to watch the episode again. Thanks for the updates and discussion, everyone! 

• Like 8