[Drama 2017] The Liar and His Lover, 그녀는 거짓말을 너무 사랑해 - Lee Hyun Woo, Joy

Chi Le

28 minutes ago, Urnaa said:

watching raw. tomorrow sub.

Proud of HG, he took responsibility and seemed sold of his some songs like his father to save his friends. I might be wrong though.

You're right. I didn't even realize the conversation between him and Choi until I rewatched it. Han Gyul did end up giving his songs to WHO Entertainment. I guess it's because that's what Yoo wanted HG to do.. but we'll need English subtitles to understand the full story..

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah, wow.. I just realized that I missed the part about Choi taking Mush & Co with him too because of my stream freezing earlier. So I guess Yoo gave up on Mush & Co and Choi is taking him with you! -light bulb lights- That's why Yoona was asking why Choi wasn't taking her with him! This is what happens when your stream freezes at important scenes :sweatingbullets: So that's why Mush & Co didn't disband and Chan Young is still their producer.. Actually I was wondering at the ending scene how Mush & Co was still present because I thought they got disbanded or something. It all makes sense now after watching the scene with Choi and Han Gyul! So in the end, Yoo didn't take Mush & Co but just took Crude Play and Yoona, and Choi took Mush & Co. Also looks like Crude Play has five members instead of four now, with two bass, and having a Mini concert..

Finished the episode and want to share my thoughts about the last two episodes:

• Soo Yeon is clearly the hidden star of the drama, she's the kind of girl that you dream of as a man. I noticed in the latest episodes that she outshines everyone around her.
  • Due to her performance, her relationship with Si-Hyun became my true OTP. Their whole relationship, the way they treated each other was so.....special, because it wasn't special at all. They acted normally, both of them, it was a non-exciting relationship that just worked. No "Destiny" or stuff like that, just natural love. They were the couple that I wanted SR & HG to become. But SR & HG didn't feel this way, because SR's character was.......too simple concipated to be like that. This way SH & SY became my OTP, they felt real and just perfect. I enjoyed all of their scenes.
  • I have to admit that SR's character began to bother me during the end, I just don't see any progress in SR's character. I don't know if they didn't want to overburden Joy in her first role, but I don't feel that she evolved significantly during the last episodes. When everyone around her was changing, she kept being that slight naive kinda girl that needs someone to show her the way. Because of this the SR & HG couple suffered, because they didn't get the cute scenes that, for example, SY & SH received. They had plenty of moments for a little skinship or a small kiss, but because of different reasons they denied them the feeling of a true relationship. When you put SR's missing character progression on top, you see why it feels like their potential was kinda wasted and their relationship was outshined by SH & SY. I talked with @triplem about this a lot already, but this is the reason why I'm not the fan of idols as actors. I think if she wouldn't have been "Joy", she would have been a way more interesting character. 
  • Another character that was a little unnecessary during the end was Yoo-Na. It felt like she was just there to be the antipole of SR. She was just there to have SR. She absolutely had no other purpose, it felt like her story was finished long ago, but they wanted to keep her in the drama. Her "relationship" or whatever it was that she has with CEO Choi was dumb and unnecessary aswell. 
  • I don't like CEO Yoo role as "antoganist" during the end. Because, let's be honest, her way was the only one was would work. If this press conference would have taken place in the real world, nobody would ever set another foot in the music industry again. It would be a scandal and no one would ever be able to follow their dream as a musician again. Their career would be just plain over. CEO Yoo just plays like the world works, she does the necessary things. The music industry, especially in SK, is one of the most unforgiving, harsh industries out there. People come and go like crazy. And most of them don't earn much money and all.
  • Somehow I couldn't fully enjoy the last two episodes, that's also why I didn't post yesterday. I felt the route that the drama took was too.......safe. Suddenly everyone has some kind of enlightmentment, everybody feels like they need to change and everyone gets the possibility to have a speech about how they changed. The drama shifted into comfort-zone and gave everyone the chance to redeem himself. The only exception was SR, she kept staying like she always is and CEO Yoo, which acted like the new enemy. Since CEO Choi jumped off the train and realized what he really wants.
  • It was just a little too much shiny, shiny, fluffy rainbow for me towards the end. It just felt the writer wanted to give everyone a good end, so everyone will be loved after the end. Sadly this is something that I have to criticize, because this isn't how good writing works. 
  • I still hate how the drama wasted the unveiling of K. It just doesn't feel right.
  • HG's fathers plot feels unfinished. I wanted him to become close to CEO Yoo. 

I think this is it for now. 

2 hours ago, Urnaa said:

agreed that becoz of Joy's idol status, HG&SR's relationship suffered and Soo Yeon&Shi Hyun got the better kisses. 

Which is really sad, because it had so much potential at felt like it was stuck at some point. This is why I'm always hesistant when I see that kidols play a major role in a drama. You can't do the same things them with "regular" actors. :( It somehow felt at the end that SY & SH became the replacement couple so we gain some kisses and skinship. 

Edit: I remember something that I want to add to my thoughts:

• Don't hold the hands of your girlfriend when you're driving. Dude, what's wrong with you? Focus on driving, especially if you're a beginner. I watched that scene and was a little....surprised. Something that you shouldn't do. I mean, I expect from every girl that I drive with, that she scolds me if I grab her hand while driving, because you just don't do something like that. It seems HG didn't pay too much attention at the driving school when it comes down to drive safely. Especially when you have the girl that you love in your car.

12 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Thank you recappers!! I wasn't able to stream at all, just frozen scene loading the whole time.

Only watched the YT TVN clips, will patiently wait for episode to be uploaded. But may I say that I'm a tad disappointed with the picnic kiss, based on gif by triplem. It's cute that she pulled away at first being shy, then HG went at it again. But don't tell me, for a year of dating, they have not kissed at all? Bad cam/editing too coz SR was grinning way too widely when HG pulled away from her after kissing her. A bit unnatural, if you ask me. Nonetheless, I love this drama too much that I shall overlook it. I'm totally fine actually if there was no kiss after all between HG and SR, because what I appreciate more is their deep emotional connection, always supporting and encouraging each other. Yes, OTP2 kisses are way more heart-thumping that you can't help but replay. As for HG and SR, I'll just pretend they are very chaste couple.

I'm taking back what I wrote up there about being disappointed with the picnic kiss. The kiss was fine after I watched the episode and in context. It is possible for her to be grinning silly because HG just declared "I love you" to her. They are really such cute couple who can freely tease each other yet always fully trusting.

Will come back later for more comments on the finale. Had so much to say while watching but kinda forgotten now, so have to do a rewatch while listing down my comments.

4 hours ago, Urnaa said:

agreed that becoz of Joy's idol status, HG&SR's relationship suffered and Soo Yeon&Shi Hyun got the better kisses. 

Not sure if it's really due to Joy's idol status. Sung Joo's an idol too, (albeit bigger in China than Korea), but he delivered the kisses. Jung EungJi made all the jaws drop in Answer Me 1997. Who else...

Maybe it's just because she's so young? (20) Or maybe even because her character's so young? (SoRim started the series as a freaking high school jailbait!)

But then I don't have an issue with the kisses either. 

Was it Joy's first kiss or something? If it is, then understandable. If kiss was like this, Joy just accepted like Go Eun, everything would have been perfect.

@xxPeepsxx might be, maybe veiwers are young and joy is young. Then there sassy go go, there was light kiss too. Still better angle than The Liar and his lover. 

Anyway happy that drama is over and i feel so tired. Yet today is 1st episode of Ruler: Master of mask. :tongue:

The Liar and His Lover finally came to an end... So much feels about this drama ending, but I'm glad that we got a beautiful ending, despite the drama being finished now. I got to say that I didn't really like Han Gyul at first and I was extremely EXTREMELY confused about the whole plot!! My goodness, I don't know if some of you guys remember, but remember when I posted a whole bunch of questions about certain things in the drama? I was super confused and didn't quite know what was going on at first...

I'm really impressed with how far this drama came. I'm really really impressed with the storyline, the characters, the flow and pace of the drama... I'm not sure if other people agree with me, but I really think this drama was well-written. I mentioned it before but I'll keep on saying it... I love how every single scene in the drama was important and was relevant to the plot! There wasn't really any out of place or random scene in the drama or a filler scene. Comparing this to SWDBS, I mean I love SWDBS, but seriously there were times in the drama where a scene would appear and it would be kind of useless...or you're wondering what this has to do with the main plot... I have to admit, there are alot of filler and random scenes in the drama, although I didn't really mind about it. But with Liar, it isn't like that at all! I enjoyed watching every single scene because I knew it's all important and relevant to the plot! Every single scene was enjoyable to watch, even with Choi, Yoo, Kang In Woo, and etc. In my opinion, I have to say that Liar is a darn masterpiece... I'm really surprised and shocked at how good this drama is. I keep saying this, but it truly is well-written and thought out. I'm impressed, and Liar definitely doesn't fail you.

Ah, but one thing, one thing I absolutely LOVE the drama for doing!!! The Umbrella Scene. Thank you drama. This is the one scene I was waiting for the drama to bring back and mention, because it's important since it was HG and SR's first meeting!! When SR was at her school, counting the number of times HG and her coincidently met by fate, I was screaming internally, THE UMBRELLA SCENE!!! (Although SR doesn't know about it) So THANK YOU Liar for mentioning the very first scene between our OTP! When I was watching the drama live, I was sooo happy that the drama brought it up. So glad they didn't brush it off and mentioned it in the last episode. I have to say, my favorite scene in this whole episode is between the boys when they are talking about the amount of times SR and HG met by fate... Love that scene so much.

As for the ending of the drama, I think the closure of the drama is perfect. Another thing to say about Liar...well then again, all dramas have some kind of loopholes, right? I was going to say that I don't think there's really anything the drama left out and didn't miss anything... Of course we could've had more development with certain things, but I think they didn't forget anything important to the plotline. Liar did a good job concluding Seo Rim and Han Gyul's relationship, Mush & Co, Crude Play, Choi, Yoo, and etc. I'm sure there are small things that could be mentioned but overall Liar did a great job. I love the ending scene where it's Han Gyul and Seo Rim on a date near the river and it flashes back to the scenes between HG and SR... They really came a long way with their relationship, huh? And Han Gyul truly became a different person and really changed after meeting Seo Rim... Also I love love love the scene with Crude Play and Mush & Co practicing and we see their concert! Funny thing though, they were filming the Mini Concert at the same time of the VLive!! I had a feeling they would use the videos from the VLive Mini Concert and they did!! Actually I love how Soo Yeon mentions in the drama that it's going to be a Mini Concert for Crude Play and Shi Hyun later says they're going to have their mini concert on May 9th... The day that the Mini Concert actually took place and live on V!! I was wondering why Lee Hyun Woo was playing the bass at the concert and his hair was all up and fancy...now we know... they were actually filming for the drama at the same time!! So that Mini Concert is actually Crude Play's concert in the drama! Woaah, so interesting~~ 

Anyways, what else do I have to say about the drama.... Ummm...

• Seo Rim being a good drinker compared to Han Gyul, hahaha!!! I actually love the scene where they are all having fun and drinking together, but Han Gyul and Jin Woo end up passing out :lol:
  • I love the irony of Jin Woo and Gyu Seon's statement when they said Seo Rim can't dance... Haha, the irony though because Joy is a member of Red Velvet, a kpop girl group, and she is totally well capable of dancing and singing at the same time! I just thought this scene was funny because Joy is a kpop star!
  • Once again, love the friendship between Han Gyul, Chan Young, In Ho, Yoon and Shi Hyun~ They're bromance and friendship is so adorable and I wouldn't mind having a whole episode with their interaction and relationship~ Love the development of Crude Play and Han Gyul's relationship too, throughout the drama. We sure had a rough road with each member of Crude Play... Shi Hyun, Yoon, Chan Young and In Ho all had their moments where they conflicted with Han Gyul... They all came so far too and I love how they're all together now, walking together.
  • Love the character growth and development of Han Gyul from the beginning of the drama and to the end. He grew so much as a person and really changed... He realized what his lies could do and he doesn't need to take responsibility all on his own.
  • Love how Seo Rim and Han Gyul's relationship is strong even until the very end. Usually there would be something that would drift our OTP apart or weaken the OTP, but with HR and SR, despite what they faced, they still stayed together and relied on each other! Nothing really broke their relationship and they continued to believe and trust one another.. Man, relationship goals~
  • Ughhh, I really like the ending scene where we see Mush & Co and Crude Play in the club room, playing together on the stage, and it flashes to the Mini Concert and we see them playing together.. Also love how I'm Okay starts off with Crude Play version and it transitions to Joy ft Lee Hyun Woo's version of it.... I just love the scene and how it goes back and forth to the practice and to the Mini Concert...
  • The visuals of all the characters after one year is no joke!! They all look beautiful and handsome!! Especially Lee Hyun Woo, who looks super super handsome with his hair like that :wub: I love when guys style their hair like that because it looks so good~~ 

And finally to conclude my Loong post.. (I apologize for my long post) I can't not mention Lee Hyun Woo! I watched this drama originally for Lee Hyun Woo, I still watched this drama because of Lee Hyun Woo, and I finish this drama because of Lee Hyun Woo. Hehe, LHW is on my list of actors that I love (PHS being on it..and PBG...and Ji Sung...and Yoo Seung Ho....and...well that's it... Although I do have another list of actors that I like too, Park Seo Joon, Ji Chang Wook, Lee Joon Ki). Lee Hyun Woo sure doesn't disappoint with his acting, right? He really brought Han Gyul to life and did such a fantastic job portraying him. I could really see Kang Han Gyul in Lee Hyun Woo... I gotta say that he really did nail this role. One thing I love about Lee Hyun Woo's acting is that he is really detailed with his facial expressions, eyes, and emotions. Even the small things he takes in consideration and acts it out.. Just, give a round of applause to Lee Hyun Woo. I'm sad that this drama is low on ratings too even though it's really good. LHW's previous drama didn't do well on ratings either, but his acting was really good in that drama too.. Lee Hyun Woo is such an amazing actor too! I would say that I wish people would recognize LHW more, but I have to say.. He is recognized among K-Netizens AND International fans! We fans all know LHW is really good at acting~ I hope more and more people would give him some love :wub: Now that Liar ended, I want to see LHW in another drama ASAP! I hope his next drama will be a huge hit and more people will see Lee Hyun Woo and the kind of actor he is :D

Overall, very satisfied and happy with the ending of The Liar and His Lover, and I really love the drama... The plot, characters, actor/actress, flow and pacing is all really good. Good doesn't even fully describe it... It's all just fantastic, excellent, amazing, and etc. I can't believe the drama came to an end... What will I do on Monday and Tuesdays now.. I'll probably go and rewatch the Episodes again.. Withdrawal problems :bawling: But, Thank you The Liar and His Lover for giving us such an amazing drama these past 3 months... Huge applause to the staff, actors, director and writer for creating this drama. Good bye Liar..

rVpLR13.png

PS.... The OST in this drama.. Gosh.. No words needed for the OST because I'm sure all of us love it so much! As soon as I finish writing this, I'm going to take ALL of the OST from this drama and put it in my playlist... Still obsessed with Crude Play's I'm Okay... Now if you excuse me, I'll be getting the OST from this drama and rewatching Liar...

@ferily amazing conclusion. Loved reading. 

Yes, Lee Hyun Woo did such a good job, he can really act and growing up to be a handsome man. I am hoping for more dramas and movies for him. I loved this drama so much too. I am about to do reruns this week too.

I also liked CY for the last 3 episodes haha.

Finally the drama has come to and end. Very happy that it is a happy ending for everybody in the drama.

SR and HG stay together despite all the hardship, truly they are sweet couple. And i really like the scene where HG remember the umbrella! A good one PD nim

CY can finally get rid of all his complex and now truly being part of crude play. I love the bromance among the members and how well their relationship now. They stayed together and go through all the difficulties together too.

and soo yeon and si hyun are like such an eye candy, they look so good and sweet together.

as for Ms Yoo, i think she become more understanding towards the end of the episode, seeing how she let CY become Mush and Co's producer.

overall its a great ending and great cast, also great OST ( i have download all the songs and playing it in my car everyday :) )

are we going to have special episode ? Hopefully there will be, i really want to see them become successful in many years ahead.

Just finish watching this drama and finally happy ending. Over all I like this drama, the story line stable from beginning until the end, the conflict no make me getting headache and the problem solve faster but not in a hurry. I like when HG still trust SR even he know that SR close with CY, I like when CY can settle his own felling toward SR and still keep to protect SR even they are not lover, also CY can push his ego and protect his band. I also like finally in the end CEO Choi defend Crude Play and Mush & Co will be still exist even he should resign from CEO position...

In this drama we also can see the true friendship, between the member of Crude Play and HG, they protect each other, tease each other and like to make joke each other. And for Mush & CO, I like when SR didn't want to loose her friend and said she didn't want to sing if not with her band mates. 

Hope I can find other good drama again after this drama :blush:

Archived