[Drama 2017] The Liar and His Lover, 그녀는 거짓말을 너무 사랑해 - Lee Hyun Woo, Joy

Chi Le

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HG on the bridge remembering his time with SR. Now present date, HG is singing for her as she jokes she'll give him her phone to register I think. HG voiceover

CP version of I'm ok playing (my heart) now SR version. They're showing scenes from drama and mini concert together

The cast saying goodbye 

END

*drowns in tears*

1 minute ago, packmule3 said:

Yes!!

the first love angle: the umbrella, the bird, the bus stop. 

@fikachuuu @triplem he finally connects them... 

Lol. I was worried that the scriptwriter was going to fail me.

That was a nice scene. Came full circle 

5 minutes ago, packmule3 said:

Yes!!

the first love angle: the umbrella, the bird, the bus stop. 

@fikachuuu @triplem he finally connects them... 

Lol. I was worried that the scriptwriter was going to fail me.

I'm so glad that the drama addressed this at the end. This was the one thing I wanted to see the writer bring back to the drama and not leave behind.. But of course, once again, the writer does not fail us and gives us what we expect! :D 

3 minutes ago, lovcom00 said:

Now HG on te bridge remembering his time with SR. Now present date, HG is singing for her as she jokes she'll give him her phone to register I think. HG voiceover

CP version of I'm ok playing (my heart) now SR version. They're showing scenes from drama and mini concert together

The cast saying goodbye 

END

*drowns in tears*

I feel you. Lols.

I waited for so long I just gave up on the OTP. 

Honestly I was scared, but I think that in the end they were able to give us a proper closure. They truly tried to give us all (in the last 15 minutes I'd say lol), kisses, dates, songs and it will be hard to let go. I really grew attached to the show! But still, I have a lot of cute scenes to go rewatching and an OST that will stay in my daily-playlist for awhile. Now waiting for Crude Play real debut lol

Thanks everyone for sharing :heart:

Last BTS is finally on YT (for those who couldn't watch on Naver!)

It's over now :bawling: No more Liar on Monday and Tuesdays now... Seriously, once again, Liar does not disappoint.. Absolutely love this episode and love how they tied up all the loose ends of the drama, giving a great closure~ The ending is absolutely beautiful and every actor and actress did such a good job portraying their character.. Liar is well-written and keeps it's consistency until the very end!

Thank you recappers!! I wasn't able to stream at all, just frozen scene loading the whole time.

Only watched the YT TVN clips, will patiently wait for episode to be uploaded. But may I say that I'm a tad disappointed with the picnic kiss, based on gif by triplem. It's cute that she pulled away at first being shy, then HG went at it again. But don't tell me, for a year of dating, they have not kissed at all? Bad cam/editing too coz SR was grinning way too widely when HG pulled away from her after kissing her. A bit unnatural, if you ask me. Nonetheless, I love this drama too much that I shall overlook it. I'm totally fine actually if there was no kiss after all between HG and SR, because what I appreciate more is their deep emotional connection, always supporting and encouraging each other. Yes, OTP2 kisses are way more heart-thumping that you can't help but replay. As for HG and SR, I'll just pretend they are very chaste couple.

Good bye drama. HG&SR made me happy. Last scenes Lee Hyun Woo looks so handsome. Wonder what is so big deal about kisses though. Not satisfied with them, but they were so sweet and loyal throughout the drama. so i am consoled by it.

14 minutes ago, ferily said:

It's over now :bawling: No more Liar on Monday and Tuesdays now... Seriously, once again, Liar does not disappoint.. Absolutely love this episode and love how they tied up all the loose ends of the drama, giving a great closure~ The ending is absolutely beautiful and every actor and actress did such a good job portraying their character.. Liar is well-written and keeps it's consistency until the very end!

Sniff...thanks always for your recaps and translations. has been great being with you and all of our chingus here watching live. There were moments when I was worried the show would fail me.Glad it didn't. It has been a nice heart warming drama. Lovely OST too. 

@Urnaa..yup the kiss could have been better. Lol i had the same problem with another drama last week and the characters were adults in their late 20s and early 30s. -_-

Thank you so much for recaps, comments everyone. it was such a happy journey to watch with you guys together.

more i see HG&SR kiss, it is kinda of weird, why she said she is startled and after kiss HG said why are you so red? SR said becoz she is hot. Is it drama or real life talks? Was that kiss adlib on Hyun Woo's part or what?

This scene is just too adorable :wub: Even though we didn't get a passionate kiss, I still love the kiss scene~ English translation of Han Gyul and Seo Rim's picnic date~~

HG: Hey, I'm not the problem, he's the one that plays too well. Our playing skills are not that different.

SR: As expected, Chan Young oppa is amazing.

HG: Stop calling Chan Young, oppa, oppa.

SR: Why? Then what do I call him?

HG: Well, just... Seo Cha... Producer Seo-nim! There's that. There's that feeling. Just call him whatever. There's this, "Excuse me!" or "Over here!" (basically a formal way of calling somebody you don't know, haha ) Something like this.

SR: No, how could I call him that when we're close?

HG: Since we're talking about this, why do you always call me Han Gyul shi, Han Gyul shi? You can call me something else. I'm your boyfriend. (He says this all formally instead of speaking informally. He attached "yo" at the end of his sentences")

SR: Why? I like calling you Han Gyul shi..

HG: Huh?

SR: It was the first time I attached "shi" to somebody's name. I think everything that I did with you is like that. Everything was for the first and and everything was special. 

HG: It's like that for me too. No matter what you call me, you're the most special person to me.

SR: Then, could I call you "Han Gyul" then?

HG: What did you say? (Formally)

SR: Han Gyul-ah, you packed so much. Noona will feed you. Han Gyul, say ah~ (all speaking informally to HG)

HG: I love you.

SR: I love you too. Oh, you scared me.

HG: Why is your face all red?

SR: Because I'm hot.

HG: You're hot?

The visuals in this scene is no joke though. My goodness, Lee Hyun Woo looks soo handsome with his hair like that, hehe.. I love Seo Rim and Han Gyul's interaction though and how they started speaking formally and informally to each other.. Haha, just too cute! Knowing that they speak informally/formally to each other makes the scene 10 times sweeter~~ They surely came a long way with their relationship, didn't they? :lol:

SoYeon: Oh!

SoYeon: Why were you looking at that...? Like an idiot.

SiHyun: Ah, I just did without knowing. Nothing can bring me down. Don't worry.

SoYeon: It's okay, SiHyun ah. One day, your sincerity, people will understand it. Definitely.

SiHyun: I believe that too. Noona.

SoYeon: Noona?

SoYeon: Yah, yah, this is the company! (We're at the company!)

SoYeon: Even if you died, you were "sunbae, sunbae" all the way. Now you call me Noona, huh?

SiHyun: Emmm.... [THAT'S A KISS PEOPLE! NOT A PECK!!! *Fangirling* (I is crazy tonight. What has this drama done to me?!)]

SiHyun: Now, even if I call you Noona, you still see me as a man, anyway. So it's fine.

Yoon: I really don't wanna... go home~ Ya ya~ [PFFFT]

Yoon: Even if I go home, there's also noooothing to do~

ChanYoung: Ah, please let's just go back to the dorm!

Yoon: I don't wanna go. Even if we go to the dorm, there's nothing to do. Can't even watch TV. Can't use the internet either. Even if I wanna do other things, I'm scared that the press will follow, so I can't. Can't even go anywhere.

ChanYoung: Well, that can't be helped. For now we're being watched. We should just get used (to this).

InHo: Eii... Cool-headed jerk.

Yoon: Yah... InHo yah. No matter how I see it, our bass members must be members of the staff. Seo ChanYoung, Kang HanGyul. The two of them are alike. A lot.

ChanYoung: Oh, what, did I say something wrong?!

Yoon: Ai, no... of course you're right. you're all right.

ChanYoung: But, it's better to be in a band rather than alone. Since even if curses are thrown our way, it's spread evenly among us after all. Bands are always together! 5 - 1 equals, zero!

Yoon: What the-

ChanYoung: Well if it's not, forget it.

Yoon: No, I... Whether that's being optimistic or pessimistic, I really don't know.

[PFFFT. What are the two of you doing?]

InHo: To be honest, I'm not curious.

Yoon: I'm not curious either.

InHo: I don't really like his voice.

Yoon: I don't even know what he's doing {can't really hear well...}

InHo: Ah, I don't even like hearing it...

Yoon: I'm scared!

*ChanYoung smack*

ChanYoung: You said I was part of the family...!

Yoon: Eiiii~ Our maknae, dith yoo get pisshed? Goo goo ga ga! [PPFFFTTWAHAHAHAH]

InHo: We're sorrry~~~ So you got pissed because you thought we hyungs didn't understand your feelings, huh?

Yoon: Goo goo ga ga!

ChanYoung: !@#%@!!!!!!

InHo: AH AH AAAARRRGH!!

Yoon: IN HO YAAAAAAAH!!!!

InHo: Don't touch my arm, (if you have some) humanity!

Edit: I just scanned through the subbed episode (I still do that, since my Korean's not exactly fluent and my translations may be wrong without me knowing) and all I have to say is... WHY ARE THE SUBS SO BAD?!?! It totally lost the essence of the SiHyun-SoYeon dialogue and missed ChanHyuk's cheesy 5-1=0! So unimpressed!

Thank you everyone for the live recaps, translations, shared pictures, links and of course, your thoughts! You all worked hard and you were wonderful! Its been awhile since I became active in Soompi Forums but The Liar and his Lover is such a good drama, its worth coming out of lurkdom. 

I can't wait for the rest of the subs for episode 16 and the VLive miniconcert and the BTS! 

On a happy note, Road to Me OST entered music charts (it even ranked 1 or 3 in Olleh) and right now, TLAHL OST is no. 1 searched in Melon and Joy is no. 8 most searched for. 

Its also pretty hot in Naver and rightfully so. Shihyun and Sooyeon's kiss scene is no. 1 in Naver top (by a large number of views and hearts) and the kiss scene of Sorim and Hangyul is 2nd place. Here's the link if you want to help TLAHL trend in Naver (only Korea's most popular site) -- http://m.tv.naver.com/v/1667650

You can use your facebook to log in and give hearts or to increase the number of views. :)

I love this video I'm sharing, its a pretty good vid of the kiss. I feel like they even slowed it down a bit, LOL! 

watching raw. tomorrow sub.

Proud of HG, he took responsibility and seemed sold of his some songs like his father to save his friends. I might be wrong though.

After talking to his dad, when HG started working and closed his eyes, and song started, awww I love HG so much. This is type of man i value and adore. My husband is like him too, best in his work even though he spend less time with us because of this reason. 

Little sad over the fact that SR isnt gonna sing HG's song for a long time maybe. Still being together is the most important thing. They can sing heck out of it whenever they wanted with CP and Mush&Co.

Did Choi said he has the band CP Seo Chan Young and K fight over, so he will do well?

Crude Play boys are so handsome along with their genius K producer.

if they kissed in the vegetable shop while raining, it would have been romantic and last scenes could be finger hearts and laughing. 

HG said he isnt bad bassist but CY is too good, like there isnt many people to top CY.

Reenacting their meeting at Han river is beautiful and precious laugh of Lee Hyun Woo. 

Just finished watching. 3 am here. Off to sleep.

Archived