[Drama 2017] The Liar and His Lover, 그녀는 거짓말을 너무 사랑해 - Lee Hyun Woo, Joy

Chi Le

The Liar and His Lover (Korean Drama)-a001.jpg
magnify-clip.png

• Drama: The Liar and His Lover / She Loves Lie So Much (literal title)
  • Revised romanization: Geunyeoneun Geojitmaleul Neomoo Saranghae
  • Hangul: 그녀는 거짓말을 너무 사랑해
  • Director: Kim Jin-Min
  • Writer: Kotomi Aoki (manga)
  • Network: tvN
  • Episodes:
  • Release Date: March, 2017 --
  • Runtime: Mondays & Tuesdays 23:00
  • Language: Korean

Plot

Kang Han-Kyeol (Lee Hyun-Woo) is a great composer and gets inspired by the voice of others. He hides his identity from other people. Kang Han-Kyeol meets Yoon So-Rim. She is a female high school student with a great voice and she falls in love with him.

Notes

1. "The Liar and His Lover" takes over the tvN Mondays & Tuesdays 23:00 time slot previously occupied by "Introverted Boss.”
  2. Based on manga "Kanojo wa Uso o Aishisugiteru" by Kotomi Aoki (first published May, 2009 by Cheese! magazine).
  3. Related titles:
    1. The Liar and His Lover | Kanojo wa Uso o Aishisugiteru (2013)
    2. The Liar and His Lover | Geunyeoneun Geojitmaleul Neomoo Saranghae (tvN / 2017)

Cast

uniq_1487031425_1OC2W71TFN_1.jpguniq_1487031426_201702140757778705_58a23

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Red Velvet's Joy and Lee Hyun Woo confirmed as leads in new tvN drama!

lee-hyun-woo-joy_1484272775_af_org.jpg

Actor Lee Hyun Woo and Red Velvet's Joy have been confirmed as the leads of upcoming tvN drama 'The Liar and His Lover'! (working title)

'The Liar and His Lover', produced by Kim Jin Min PD of 'Marriage Contract' and 'Time Between Dog and Wolf', is a remake of a Japanese manga of the same title. Lee Hyun Woo will be playing the main male character Kang Han Gyul, a genius composer who hides his identity. Joy will be playing Yoon So Rim, a high schooler who falls in love with Kang Han Gyul at first sight.

Actor Lee Hyun Woo and Red Velvet's Joy have been confirmed as the leads of upcoming tvN drama 'The Liar and His Lover'! (working title)

'The Liar and His Lover', produced by Kim Jin Min PD of 'Marriage Contract' and 'Time Between Dog and Wolf', is a remake of a Japanese manga of the same title. Lee Hyun Woo will be playing the main male character Kang Han Gyul, a genius composer who hides his identity. Joy will be playing Yoon So Rim, a high schooler who falls in love with Kang Han Gyul at first sight.

Regarding the upcoming drama, Lee Hyun Woo shared said, "I'm excited that I got to meet the charming character Kang Han Gyul, and the time spent worrying about how to portray him is joyful itself. I will work hard and show good sides of me as I'm greeting viewers for the first time in a while."

The upcoming Mon-Tues drama is set to air after the end of 'Introverted Boss' in March.

Lee Hyun-woo, Red Velvet’s Joy confirmed to play The Liar and His Lover

by tineybeanie | January 13, 2017 | 7 Comments

LaL.jpg

New tvN drama The Liar and His Lover, an adaptation of the popular Japanese manga Kanojo wa Uso o Aishisugiteru, has been confirmed for the newtwork’s spring Monday-Tuesday slot, and the two leads have been cast: Lee Hyun-woo (Moorim School) and Red Velvet’s Joy are confirmed to headline. From my initial understanding of the manga, I thought this romance would have an age gap, but with these casting choices, it looks like tvN is going for more of a youth-drama feel.

The Liar and His Lover is a love story about a depressed genius sound producer who finds inspiration in voices and the girl who lifts him out of his deep pain with her addictive voice. He initially meets her when he’s living under a hidden identity, but her courageous honesty and beautiful singing draws him back to her again and again. The drama is supposed to capture how this prodigy, who is so confident in his world of music, becomes awkward and unsure when it comes to love.

Lee Hyun-woo will be playing the musician-composer, and Joy will be the high school student who falls in love with him at first sight. To be honest, I prefer Lee Hyun-woo in bright, happy roles (Master of Study, To the Beautiful You), just because his infectious smile is so sweet. But I know he’s definitely capable of pulling off more nuanced, serious characters (Kye Baek, Equator Man). It’s just that the last time I saw him as a moody musician (Moorim School), it didn’t go down well. However, I’m glad to see that one failed drama hasn’t gotten him down, and that he’s coming back to show us his full potential.

As for Joy, I’m hoping for the best — it is her official acting debut, and there are mostly question marks all around as to how she’ll do. She did have a stint on variety show We Got Married with Yook Sung-jae, and they had cute chemistry, so I was left with an overall positive impression. But of course, dramas are a completely different ballgame, so I don’t know what to expect.

tvN’s new drama The Liar and His Lover, produced by PD Kim Jin-min (Marriage Contract, Time Between Dog and Wolf), will start airing in March after Introverted Boss ends.

I tweet about this 2weeks ago. And lo and behold, got this news. This confirmed, right?

I like this talented actor Lee Hyun Woo!. About time he got  lead role which is cool, I'll say. I was impressed by his acting in Equator Man - I cried lots watching that drama.

I've watched the Japanese movie 2x. Happy for Lee Hyun Woo. I'm not familiar with Joy though.  But LHW will take the role  Takeru Satoh. In the movie  he's like 26 yr old sound engineer also part of the band.... and will fall in love with 16 yr old high school student. I like that actor is younger than the character age. I'll check this one out. Hoping script is good and well written. 

By the way, I'm a fan of Takeru Satoh and yeah Lee Hyun Woo too <3

joy_1484590709_dm.jpgjoy_1484590755_j1.jpg

Red Velvet's Joy has been spotted with a new hairdo!

During the recording for the '2017 Idol Star Atheltic Championship', Joy surprised fans with a short bob and bangs. Many are loving her new style and assuming the sudden change is for her lead role in upcoming tvN drama 'The Liar and His Lover'. 

The photo below is the Japanese actress who played the female lead in the Japanese version of the drama. Fans assume that Joy is going for the character's signature look. 

Lee Jung-jin joins tvN youth romance The Liar and Her Lover

by javabeans | January 17, 2017 | 3 Comments

leejungjin_90.jpg

Lee Jung-jin (The K2) is heading over to tvN (or should I say staying there for the time being) for his next project, manga remake project The Liar and His Lover (literally, the title means “she loves lies too much”), in which he’ll be playing a music producer who helps out our hero. (I know, another supporting role for him! — although this is a drama with a youthful bent, so it makes some sense.)

The Liar and His Lover previously cast Lee Hyun-woo (Moorim School) in the leading role of songwriting genius Kang Han-gyul (Lee Hyun-woo), whose identity is hidden for an undisclosed reason. He falls for high schooler Yoon So-rim, the girl with the “vitamin voice” who’ll be played by Red Velvet idol Joy, in what is described as a youthful, refreshing romance.

Lee Jung-jin’s character, Choi Jin-hyuk, is a producer with a Midas touch who has the highly refined ability to suss out talent. He’s also the CEO of an agency that manages a popular group of which Han-gyul is a member (ah, so is it a secret that he writes the songs, then?). Jin-hyuk discovered Han-gyul and values his talents highly; he’s described as Han-gyul’s helper and someone that Han-gyul needs. But it won’t be entirely smooth sailing between the two, because producer Jin-hyuk is insistent on music needing to be as commercially viable as it is well-crafted, and he and Han-gyul butt heads over the issue.

I still don’t see where the lying motif comes in, but I’m a sucker for dramas about youthful romances, dramas about music, and dramas that give Lee Hyun-woo a chance to shine. (I’ve been quite sad about the projects he’s taken on as he transitions out of child roles, and would dearly love to see him pull off a strong role in a successful drama.) This may be the thing to wipe She’s So Lovable from my mind (one hopes!).

The company producing the drama is Bon Factory, which was behind a number of rom-com hits, including Master’s Sun, She Was Pretty, and You’re Beautiful. Directing is PD Kim Jin-min of Marriage Contract and Pride and Prejudice. The Liar and His Lover will be tvN’s next Monday-Tuesday drama, following the just-premiered Introverted Boss; it kicks off in March.

[Singles] Choi Minsoo, Lee Hyun-woo become a father .. 'She lied' confirmed

Articles, enter 01/20/2017 18:03 Last modification 20/01/2017 18:59 Article SourceComments 253

View original image201701201750779632_5881cf7d9a8ae_99_20170120185903.jpg?type=w540

[OSEN = Park Jin-young] Actor Choi Min-su becomes Lee Hyun-woo's father.

According to an official of the broadcasting company on the 20th, Choi Minsoo is preparing to shoot the TVN New Moon TV drama "She loves to lie" (play Kim Kyung-min, director Kim Jin-min)

Choi Minsoo's role is a gang In-woo, the father of a strong male character (Lee Hyun-woo), a natural musician with a strong philosophy of art and a free person in music. Choi Minsoo returned to the house after a year of SBS 'big hit' last year.

It is a work remake of a Japanese comic of the same name by a genuine composer who hid the identity of 'I love a lie too much' strong result and a vitality romance recalling a genuine recollection of Vitamin Boy high school girl student Yoo So -

In addition to Choi Minsoo, Lee Hyun-woo, Red Velvet Joy, Lee Jung-jin, Lee Seo-won, and others are appearing on Kim Jin-min's PD such as 'Marriage Contract' and 'Dog and Wolf Time'. It will be broadcast in the coming months, followed by a 'shy boss' in March

UNIQ's Sungjoo to work alongside Lee Hyun Woo and Joy in 'The Liar and His Lover'

lee-hyun-woo,joy,uniq

UNIQ's Sungjoo will be joining Lee Hyun Woo and Red Velvet's Joy in upcoming tvN drama, 'The Liar and His Lover'!

Sungjoo has been cast for the role of Yoo Si Hyun, who is the leader of popular band Crude Play. In addition to being the leader and main vocalist of Crude Play, Yoo Si Hyun has a very close, cousin-like relationship with the genius composer Kang Han Kyeol, played by Lee Hyun Woo. 

Even though this will be Sungjoo's drama debut in Korea, he has honed his acting skills through various roles in Chinese dramas. 'The Liar and His Lover', based off of a Japanese manga of the same name, also stars actors Shin Jae Min, Jang Ki Yong, and Lee Seo Won

It will air after currently airing drama 'Introverted Boss'. 

I'm really happy for this young actor. I think he deserves a good drama with good script and lead role. If you've seen the drama 'Equator man', you'll be impressed by his acting.  Moorim  School didn't really do much ( to me anyway) to really show his depth and acting skills. He's got what it takes. I like a lot of actors but mostly they're I like them mostly for their acting. And  LHW is one of them.

Below pic Yasss, they're filming already!

Lee Hyun Woo filming The Liar and His Lover  cr: as tagged on pic

C3BU9-PUAAELFya.jpg

I loved the japanese version and Aki is an amazing character... Really excited to watch LHW in a lead role which i really liked....

Hope his styling is done perfectly (That look of Aki is one key element for the character. At least I felt so... So don't want a childish looking hairstyle for LHW), coz i know he will pull out the character really well ...

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the teaser. One thing I noticed.. they both look young..ish, which is good because in the movie Takeru Satoh did look like 26 yr old Sound Engineer/ composer/ band singer

I wonder if LHW character here will have the same emo / doldrum state like in the movie. Oh and yeah  the female lead sings in the drama.. hence they pick an idol who can sing... hopefully we're rewarded with decent acting too. :)  and from the update of @NamSeoYeon18 the cinematography looks good! Should be cos in the  j-movie they first crossed paths on the bridge and she heard him hum the song he wrote. 

OT. I wonder why they decided on this instead version of the  j-drama "Love Song". I was thinking Jo Jung Suk for the  Masaharu Fukuyama role but anyway...sorry for the  OT. was just thinking out loud :tongue:

Archived