[SeokMin Spazzland] Ha Seok Jin x Jeon So Min <3 1% of Something's Jae In x Dada

hazelnutthursdays

3 hours ago, gladys57 said:

@canbeMIA

I've only recently discovered HSJ thru DS & 1% and went crazy over him. Spent 3 full days watching almost all the videos about him. He's popular amongst Koreans alright although he hasnt had any hit drama at all. Just check the number of snippets on him in almost every show he's in and he's got lots of CFs too. He's got that boy next door look.

From those videos I gather that he's quite an extrovert, honest, playful (check out the Friends In Cebu video on youtube), loves to joke & very smart of course as he's not known as Sexy Brain Man for nothing. Too bad I didnt watch Problematic Men when it was airing on my local cable chanel with Eng subs as he's like THE STAR of the show with his excellent problem solving ability. But now there arent subbed videos around anymore. I'm sorry but I cant upload videos to share. I wont be surprised if he's being teased by his costars about his 1% kisses in the latest season of PM. 

So based on what I've seen, I would say he definitely had to restrain himself from giving the public any hint. Heeeeeeee!:blush:

he seems to be really an extrovert type. He is cool, funny and honest. He is not scared to show the real him. I saw a video where he said that he wants people to see who he is, he does not want to pretend. And his answers in interviews seem real and not sugar coated. The only thing that I doubt is every time he answers that he is not dating. LOL. When did ever say that he is dating someone anyway? IDK, maybe it is just unbelievable for me that he's been single for what? 5 years?? Really? for a man like him who does not like push and pull? Well, maybe he has not found the one yet and he seems to be enjoying his single life but HSJ ahjussi, you are already 35. my goodness!!! get married now! Hahaha JUST LOVE. LET US DO LOVE. WE DON'T HAVE TIME! :grimace:

Unnie, i saw a little of that video, when they were in Cebu. I think he is really fast when it comes to women because If i am not mistaken he was teased by his friends about the woman that they met on the restaurant because he was able to talk to her in skype (?) on that evening. I did not watch everything. I stopped in this part. Hehe I might be wrong. 

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

chinguya @jellybellymonster i thought you were saying goodbye!!! LOLLLL Don't you dare!! Hahhaha We just started. 

Anyway, another teaser from twitter friend:

HSJ said that they did not discuss as to how to do their kisses anymore after they got close. They would try  many different angles because the PD likes adlibs. :P 

now which of those kisses were not discussed ha? HMMMM No discussions. Just pure feelings. Kyaaaa! LOL

like what you said chingu @jellybellymonster  But then you ask him questions and then he beams like an idiot and readily answers them. Plus he's smiling and looking at JSM.

He was kinda restraining but when asked, he gets excited and hyper. He joked a lot.. like JSM being a good leader in their kisses and him being a great follower. LOL:w00t:

2 hours ago, canbeMIA said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH..Ha Seok Kin, babe!!!!! 

He might be a tough guy but i think he makes a good and funny boyfriend. 

@canbeMIA

He certainly is a funny guy if you check out his videos. I call it playful as he loves to play tricks on his good friends like Lee Jae Yoon , the REAL BODY guy from Cool Kidz On The Block. Then on PM the other members like to make fun of him.:wub:

@leejainoppa2801, his IQ is 152 so he is more than intelligent! They call him Sexy Brain Man in Korea!:wub:

So HSJ with his intelligence, smexy looks and cute personality will definitely be an ideal match for our lovely and bubbly JSM!:heart::heart::heart:

Chingus! I was rewatching the whole FM. hahaha

I have noticed some moments again. Hahaha

At 11:27, HSJ is helping/checking JSM as she settles down on her seat. Sweet! ❤

At 28:47, he's been glancing at JSM for a while then hurriedly bows down his head. It's making me smile again. It seems like he want to stare at her but was careful coz he might get caught. ❤

@jellybellymonster she is really pretty especially when she smiles. Her smile can really catch your attention. She may not be as pretty as those famous Korean stars, but she has her own beauty.. :heart:

IKR??? hahahah no discussion? so PD be like, okay, you kiss.... and then.... they kissed!! hahahah I have this feeling that the epic wall kiss is one of those. Like what I said before, THEY WERE REALLY INTO THE KISS. Every time I watch it, i feel like i am invading something. LOL

@sooffy08 and you mentioned it. Hehhehehe.. I noticed those moments too. :wub:

@sooffy08 :wub: I knew I wasn't imagining things when I noticed the side glances, sometimes openly staring at her.

@canbeMIA they've been given champagne and wine glasses. Let's imagine they had a toast backstage or somewhere else. I volunteer to be Hyun Jin in a scenario like this. May you have a hot and passionate night together! :w00t:

viewimageM.php?id=1percent&no=29bcc427b28177a16fb3dab004c86b6f1241ce450ebd83e093e9a7ade58edb2da7514090bffea14f55011732282a1dd8a09673419629b9b5a05ab9c4b3c748f3ec847703a4e6602dd424e255dc8d1a8cc811935874256de940dd4d8c&f_no=1ebec223e0dc2bae61abe9e7468072701b1c1e684c7e9a745bcbd6711894048fda8f

viewimageM.php?id=1percent&no=29bcc427b28177a16fb3dab004c86b6f1241ce450ebd83e093e9a7ade58edb2da7514090bffea14f55011732282a1dd8a0cc7217cf78b4b9f35ab9c4b3c748f32ed1ba5927830a9c9e0251580578d0e1ca87d6ff3e4dfc1e65dd2018&f_no=1ebec223e0dc2bae61abe9e7468072701b1c1e684c7e9a745bcbd6711f96048fae79

viewimageM.php?id=1percent&no=29bcc427b28177a16fb3dab004c86b6f1241ce450ebd83e093e9a7ade58edb2da7514090bffea14f55011732282a1dd8a0907110cd2fe3b4a15ab9c4b3c748f36c0ea0ff09cd9dbd3e0fd4c4f6c3741064847d9e82218071a43cdc49&f_no=1ebec223e0dc2bae61abe9e7468072701b1c1e684c7e9a745bcbd7711997048fb280

@sooffy08 Chingu, you are not alone in this. I have not re-watched FM yet but I remember what you are pointing out. Specially them whispering to each other while vids are being shown. JSM is acting shy and I think she's aware of the glancing, too. Actually, both of them are hyper aware of each other throughout the FM. I am imagining things. Aaaaaaahhhhh!!!! :weary:

54 minutes ago, jellybellymonster said:
@sooffy08 :wub: I knew I wasn't imagining things when I noticed the side glances, sometimes openly staring her.

@canbeMIA they've been given champagne and wine glasses. Let's imagine they had a toast backstage or somewhere else. I volunteer to be Hyun Jin in a scenario like this. May you have a hot and passionate night together! :w00t:

HAHAHAHAHAHHAA CHINGUYA! i wanna be Hyun jin too. Ottoke? Hahahha

There was a portion in the FM that he really stared at her for a long time. He even looked at her from head to foot. Lol. Shall rewatch the fm if i have time..not now coz i feel like watching episode 6 eeeeyy! haha

51 minutes ago, canbeMIA said:

HAHAHAHAHAHHAA CHINGUYA! i wanna be Hyun jin too. Ottoke? Hahahha

There was a portion in the FM that he really stared at her for a long time. He even looked at her from head to foot. Lol. Shall rewatch the fm if i have time..not now coz i feel like watching episode 6 eeeeyy! haha

Chingu!!! I found some again. And it's making me giggle thinking about it.

At 31:00, this time he intently look at her but the stare did not stay for long.

Then there goes 32:00 onwards. The way he looks at her for long. He seems like he's adoring her while she was speaking. Why is HSJ acting shy and cute. I wonder if he really prepared for this day to attract her. Hahahaha During the presscon, whenever JSM talks, he just bow down or look in front but this time he's being so attentive. I think he's impressing her by being cute, jolly and funny.  There are more moments after wherein he can't help but stare, give side glances and look at her back. Aww HSJ! ❤ JSM is aware I guess of HSJ's stares and glances. She tends to be shy and conscious. Who wouldn't be? <me giggling>

In, 39:55 HSJ being a gentleman helps her with her seat again. Then at 52:25, he looks at her from foot to head and at 52:36 you can see them talking in the dark HSJ leaning towards her. ❤❤❤

Correct me if I'm wrong chingus. Feeding my shipper's heart again and again. Hahahaha ❤❤❤

I am soo busy, I have not been up to date with the fan meet and spazzland.

@jellybellymonster yes, that's how I learned Korean. LOL! :lol: but i'm not fluent or anything at it, i only know parts and parts, and if they talk to fast, i can't catch on. 

@canbeMIA OMGEEE!! the video of HSJ dancing from instagram. HAHAHA! can't stop laughing about it. it was nice to watch that on my short break. Thank you for sharing. 

I need these final exams and final projects to end already, so I can go back to spazzland!! :dizzy: :heart:

42 minutes ago, sooffy08 said:

Chingu!!! I found some again. And it's making me giggle thinking about it.

At 31:00, this time he intently look at her but the stare did not stay for long.

Then there goes 32:00 onwards. The way he looks at her for long. He seems like he's adoring her while she was speaking. Why is HSJ acting shy and cute. I wonder if he really prepared for this day to attract her. Hahahaha During the presscon, whenever JSM talks, he just bow down or look in front but this time he's being so attentive. I think he's impressing her by being cute, jolly and funny.  There are more moments after wherein he can't help but stare, give side glances and look at her back. Aww HSJ! ❤ JSM is aware I guess of HSJ's stares and glances. She tends to be shy and conscious. Who wouldn't be? <me giggling>

In, 39:55 HSJ being a gentleman helps her with her seat again. Then at 52:25, he looks at her from foot to head and at 52:36 you can see them talking in the dark HSJ leaning towards her. ❤❤❤

Correct me if I'm wrong chingus. Feeding my shipper's heart again and again. Hahahaha ❤❤❤

chinguyaaa!!!! that's the part that i am talking about. Lol. Yay!!! see? he stared at her for a bit longer. If I were JSM, i would have melted. LOLLLL. They were cute in this part too. I wish i knew what they were talking but i think JSM was asking help to HSJ. That moment when she was about to touch him but she pulled back and everyone laughed and HSJ grinned. I could definitely see the side part of his face wrinkled...Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.. whatever..hahahhaa♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡ 

@turtle0217 chinguya you are welcome.! Goodluck to ur studies. Fighting!! see you soon! hehehehe 

I did a bit of digging at 1% drama thread to post some translations of presscon done by uri brilliant stroppyse. The presscon comments nicely ties up with the fanmeet comments because they talk about making out adlib kisses and HSJ said the audience will wonder if they are dating. Well, he accurately predicted the latter point. Are they or aren't they?

Presscon Clip #1

Spoiler

So, the first question posed to HSJ is that the character he played in another drama was a rude but talented character as was his character in this drama, and whether he deliberately chose characters like these or whether these were the types of characters that drew him in. HSJ responds by saying that it was not actually easy to act these types of characters. 

Second question was that nowadays, cable dramas show sexy themes in a very sexy way, so when they were filming sexy scenes that are considered suitable for the age 15 rating, which were the scenes had the two actors acted in that age 15 rating way. HSJ responds that he had lobbied for age 12 rating scenes. (This is where JSM is laughing at his words and clapping her hands.) Then he more seriously says that he doesn’t know why the scenes would be rated for age 15. 

Third question asked whether they had fallen for each other as they were acting together. And if they were to describe the effect that the drama might have in one phrase. HSJ responded that he had fallen for JSM all while shooting (JSM starts laughing here) and that for some days after the shooting was over, he had been despondent. And it’s occurred to him that because of the drama, people may wonder whether they are actually dating.

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS:

HSJ's remark that it was difficult was a response to being queried by the interviewer whether he deliberately chose rude yet talented characters, that question implying that HSJ felt a personal affinity to them. So, his response was actually a mild protest that rather than himself naturally being like those characters, that he had to work to portray them properly. :)

As for the comment about despondency, I think it was cropping of the clip. I think I read on this thread another part of an interview where HSJ and JSM admitted that they fell in love while shooting as their characters and it took them a few days after shooting was over to get over it. Or something like that. I think the despondency answer may be referring to that lingering effect from the end of the shoot. 

Presscon Clip #2

Spoiler

Planning Director: Actually, the director had the actors do a lot of ad lib kissing that wasn’t in the script. Suk Jin-shi kissed So Min-shi so very passionately, and he was just so good at it. If you watch it carefully, you’ll probably be totally surprised at how romantic an actor Suk Jin-shi is and how well he does kiss scenes. 

HSJ: I acted at the age 12 viewer level. (meaning he thinks that he acted relatively innocently :D ) (JSM laughs and claps her hands) How it became an age 15 viewer level scene, I’m not sure of the reason. (video splice) I think there was a bit of sexiness in the atmosphere. But while shooting the scene, I just poured my sincerity and acted...is the way that I’ll say it. (JSM covers her face to laugh while he’s saying this.)

JSM: I also acted suitably for an age 12 viewer level. (video splice) I didn’t know while I was shooting, but we really did shoot a lot of kiss scenes. I believe that the female viewers are going to feel their hearts race, I can vouch for that. The video editors were women, and I heard rumors that while they were editing the scenes, there was a lot of screaming going on. 

Maybe dear chingu-ya @naritul can upload subbed version of presscon? I go to your YT all the time and I see your fans request the subbed version of fanmeet. Maybe this will tide them over? :D

@canbeMIA you are right. It will be hard to put subs for @naritul specially the 1st clip. Haha sorry. :sweatingbullets:  I'll hunt for the other subbed ones to put here.

Presscon Clip #3 

Spoiler

So this is not related anymore to the presscon but I found the explanation of the 1% of Anything title from the original version of the drama. It's good and it's also different from the 2016 remake (which is still applicable for JI and DaDa):

Title Explanation from Original Version:

Spoiler

So, in the 2003 version, '1% of Anything' is the title of an autobiography that JI's grandfather is writing and which DD helps him with after JI and DD's marriage. He explains the title as that there are a lot of choices that are made in one's life, and one can't know whether the outcome will be what one hopes for and so there may be regrets. However, when making a choice, one should still make the choice that one wants even 1% more (or will regret 1% less having made), so that makes that 1% very precious in terms of determining one's path in life. 

thank you for posting those translations here chingu @jellybellymonster

translations vary. Stroypsse said, I HAD FALLEN IN LOVE WITH JSM THE WHOLE SHOOT,while in Arirang's translation, it says, I WAS IN LOVE THE WHOLE SHOOT which connotes different meanings. The first is literally implying that he has fallen in love with JSM, not the character, while the latter means 2 things: it could be, he has fallen in love with the character Dada or with JSM, the one who plays the character.  

Id love to believe the first translation,fully but since i am STILL a sane shipper, id consider the second one too (if only i know korean...sighhhh). I can't really tell which one is right because our translator here just gave us a summary, not really the sentence-to-sentence translation or phrase-to-phrase translation, which i don't complain about since doing so will take so muchhhhhhh time and effort. 

Nonetheless, regardless of the uncertainty of the translation of whether HSJ has fallen in love with the character or with the one portraying the character, I can still conclude that he, HSJ, has fallen in love with JSM. Why??? because he, himself, said that JSM is really similar with Dada, which means DADA = JSM. So if he has fallen in love with the character, it is same as saying that he has fallen in love with JSM too. 

Now tell me, for someone who had many skinships and "make out" sessions with the person he has fallen in love with for two months, is it really that easy to forget that feeling? Would you really let it shriveled??  

Falling in love is one of the most beautiful things in the world because it does not happen every day. It comes when you least expect it in an unexpected way. So once you felt it, every normal human being in this world would definitely hold into it as much as they can. 

Shriveled my a*se. You don't just fall in love and get over it after few days nor weeks.:expressionless:

---------

Good morning everyone! Since ep 7 of the drama, im only getting 4/5 hours of sleep. Grrrrrrrr. Fangirling takes too much time and energy, no? HAHAHA  I am planning to sell my eyebags soon.LOL 

Edit: i think it would be hard for @naritul to add the eng sub of these interviews since they are kinda long and we are only given a summary so it is difficult to slice up the words and figure out which part did they say this or that. hmmmm or maybe it is just me?because it could attract misunderstanding if the subs are not synchronized with their answers perfectly :) 

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!:wub:

Since late last night I've made this awesome discovery and had to restrain myself from waking up the whole family! I had to scream silently.:phew:

JSM's & HSJ' s  clothes are a PERFECT COUPLE'S CLOTHES! Their colour coordination is just 100%!

His pants' colour matches her dress. And his biege colour turtle neck and champagne colour coat match the colour of the motifs of her dress perfectly too! :)

It cant just be COINCIDENCE right? These 2 must have it WELL PLANNED just like their adlibs and sizzling chemistry! 

OH! MORE SQUEEEEING NOW!!!:heart::heart::heart:

Hello! I used to be active on soompi but I've since lost access to my previous email so I need to figure out how this posting thing works again. Managed to salvage this account though... Lol I'm not even sure when I made another one.

So anyway, flouncing in because these two are so stinking cute together! I don't usually ship couples and I'd much rather have HSJ to myself because ahem man is a genius, a dork and a looker rolled into one. He also has the most attractive voice :wub: I have to admit I didn't find him good looking at first, but his looks somehow grew on me. JSM as well isn't the type I would usually categorise as a beauty but man, she has the most arresting smile! I can't look away from her when she laughs or smiles, and I'm a woman. She's so bubbly and sincere and I have a serious girlcrush on her now haha. I really liked her outfit and her hair during the FM, I think darker hair suits her better, since she's so fair.

Have to agree with everyone that HSJ was reining himself in during the FM. He tried so hard to keep a distance from JSM lol. He was alright with touching fans when taking photos, but when they took photos together with the heart pose, he's all stiff next to her. (I'm using my phone, how do I add photos?) But yeah he is so holding himself back and acting cool... For what? Dating rumours, probably. But yeah agree he couldn't stop those glances at her. Cute.

I remember in an interview he did say he'll approach the girl if he likes her, so if he does have feelings he might have acted on it already. Otherwise they're both excellent actors. Who knows? It's also weird that they don't follow each other on ig considering JSM seems to follow everyone else from 1% filming. More on the dispelling rumour bit, I guess. They seem more aware than anyone else of how much attention their chemistry is getting, and being extra careful not to attract any more attention.

Andddd this turned out to be a much longer post than I originally intended it to be lol. Hopefully I'll be back with more. I'm sick and supposed to be resting, but here I am.

5 hours ago, canbeMIA said:

he, HSJ, has fallen in love with JSM. Why??? because he, himself, said that JSM is really similar with Dada, which means DADA = JSM. So if he has fallen in love with the character, it is same as saying that he has fallen in love with JSM too. 

@canbeMIA i'm with you chinggu ya ~~  :wub:

Hello everyone! I'm also an active soompi member before but I just stop visiting here due to a favorite otp of mine sunked. Sometimes what we wish doesn't truly happen. 

So lesson learned, I shouldn't ship so hard on a couple. But after watching 1% of Something, I can't help myself in spazzing about this couple! Their chemistry is just DAEBAK!!! :wub:

I just love all the things you guys shared here. You guys are amazing :heart:

5 hours ago, gladys57 said:

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!:wub:

Since late last night I've made this awesome discovery and had to restrain myself from waking up the whole family! I had to scream silently.:phew:

JSM's & HSJ' s  clothes are a PERFECT COUPLE'S CLOTHES! Their colour coordination is just 100%!

His pants' colour matches her dress. And his biege colour turtle neck and champagne colour coat match the colour of the motifs of her dress perfectly too! :)

It cant just be COINCIDENCE right? These 2 must have it WELL PLANNED just like their adlibs and sizzling chemistry! 

OH! MORE SQUEEEEING NOW!!!:heart::heart::heart:

unnie @gladys57 I am definitely with you!!!! hahahahahha I just noticed the color of HSJ's pants last night when I zoomed in their pictures. I thought it was color black, turned out it was kind of blue? same color with JSM's dress. Then her boots and his upper clothes. 

Eeeyyy they are the cutest..  :heart:

If someone as pretty as this would cling onto me like this, I would not really mind. She looks like a doting girlfriend clinging to her boyfriend. :P

%EC%BB%A4%ED%94%8C%EC%83%B7.jpg?type=w2

Posting my crush's picture because why not? She is sooo cute!!!

46.jpg?type=w2

@crybabyme I was once brokenhearted too! LOL and I promised not TO ship OTPs anymore but look what I am doing right now. Been so lucky with my 2 other ships now after my heartbreak, I hope this is my third one. *PRAYING SOOO HARD* 

@tibba chinguya!!! welcome welcome!!!! HSJ's small boxers will be delivered in your doorsteps soon. LOL as your present. ㅋㅋ

my apology for butchering your post chingu hehehe but I really feeeel the same way. My friends are even teasing me because I have girl crushes and I even make JSM as my phone wallpaper. LOLLLL IDK but I really love girls with smiles like hers. :wub:

she has the most arresting smile! I can't look away from her when she laughs or smiles, and I'm a woman. She's so bubbly and sincere and I have a serious girlcrush on her now haha.

and this .........  They seem more aware than anyone else of how much attention their chemistry is getting, and being extra careful not to attract any more attention.

I do agree! For someone who has no plan of publicizing his relationship, he surely is veryyyyy careful. I'd say that he is the one who is restraining so much because like what I said before JSM is so transparent, she is not good in concealing her true feelings. :)

@andriyaniekaa you are with me?? Yay!!! high five! Heheheh. xoxo~

Archived