[Drama 2016-2017] Golden Pouch 황금주머니, Mon-Frid 20:55. Thanks for all your support!

0ly40

18 minutes ago, shebagirl said:

Shin Woo seemed to imply to MH that they should give up the charades, right...? She was of course adamant not to give in, looks like persuading Shin Woo to not give up being the PJ Group heir.

Yes, you got that right. He tried, saying "let's stop this", but she will have none of it.  "Then what? You then become a thief and a con? How can you life your life then?" .  The interesting thing is that SH acts like she has some feelings for Faker and would stick with him, anyway.  I guess she knows her game will end and she will have nobody else left to be with, other than the faker.  Interestingly, SH's mom actually asked her later, "Hold on... You.. actually love that guy, don't you?"... She said no, but not too convincingly.  She said she will have no life if she left him (being known as a faker and a divorced woman) and that she has to keep trying her best to hold on to the faker and be the PJ group daughter-in-law.  But she is feeling it that the writing is on the wall.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, shebagirl said:

Someone wrote here that the episodes have been extended to 125...?   If so that explained the scenes of Seolhwa on the stretcher being omitted, because they are trying to fill the gap and stretch the scenes for another 5 episodes.

Very much possible.  That's the best explanation I can think of too.  If they have 5 more episodes, maybe they can take this to a decent end, perhaps even without a time jump or something.  They may have simply delayed SH's hospital trip, etc.

14 minutes ago, sava2sava said:

I just don't see how the Chairman would stay married to NS after what she's done and all the turmoil she has brought upon the real JS.. No matter if her and the chairman has a son or not I think he should divorce her and she walks away with nothing period and whatever that was accomplish suring the marriage also should be snatch up and given to DR.Han.

Precisely.  There is no way there will be a marriage between SH and Dr. Han till NS is out of that household, divorced and kicked out.  She has to go far away... Maybe make tteokbokki on the street and live in a hut, like I said.  Ji Sang will cry and keep visiting Mom and all that, but he will also know that there is no other choice.  JR is about to get that ball rolling soon.

I'm a man who is not too fashion conscious, but since all of you talked earlier about MH wearing a blouse (shirt?) that looked like the front was the back... did she wear it the right way today?  This one didn't look bad on her, haha...

24 minutes ago, jayakris said:

I'm a man who is not too fashion conscious, but since all of you talked earlier about MH wearing a blouse (shirt?) that looked like the front was the back... did she wear it the right way today?  This one didn't look bad on her, haha...

She wore it the right way ; but such a huge shirt for a petite person.  

What is Dr. Han talking with SW in the corridor?

24 minutes ago, jayakris said:

:lol:....... her blouses are more flounced and tend to have peek a boo, meaning opening at odd places...! I suppose the young gets away with it, though some of hers are not for office wear to me, more for a tea outing with friends.... too casual. 

I have however being looking at DrHan selection of  suits. During the winter season, he wore dark suits, shades of blue and black. As the weather got warmer, his suits had more colour, shades of plum once and a dark burgundy, or was it dark brown. He had on a lighter shade of blue once, but in the rain he had dark blue on. His choice of colours are acceptable so far, but as summer comes in, hope not to find him with fuchsia, yellow or pink .... arrrrgh .... ! Saw one actor in another daily had pink suits and matching shoes.....!  DrHan please stick to the old fashion colours please, and not be trendy with happy colours.... not in suit, but in collared t-shirts I have no complaint.

8 minutes ago, shebagirl said:

:lol:....... her blouses are more flounced and tend to have peek a boo, meaning opening at odd places...! I suppose the young gets away with it, though some of hers are not for office wear to me, more for a tea outing with friends.... too casual. 

I have however being looking at DrHan selection of  suits. During the winter season, he wore dark suits, shades of blue and black. As the weather got warmer, his suits had more colour, shades of plum once and a dark burgundy, or was it dark brown. He had on a lighter shade of blue once, but in the rain he had dark blue on. His choice of colours are acceptable so far, but as summer comes in, hope not to find him with fuchsia, yellow or pink .... arrrrgh .... ! Saw one actor in another daily had pink suits and matching shoes.....!  DrHan please stick to the old fashion colours please, and not be trendy with happy colours.... not in suit, but in collared t-shirts I have no complaint.

I too love Dr. Han's selection of suits and colors.  Suits him well. I hope they keep it that way.  Maybe lighter shirt colors for the summer.  This year's color is green. Shirts of that color are ok.  But definitely NO SUITS for men.  Will be horrible.

pantone-color-of-the-year-lee-eiseman-qu

10 hours ago, Once Upon Time said:

Just watched Raw, So Happy SH could find her condolence in orphan babies. Curious to know what SN said to DR.Han. awaited progress is there in the preview. 

SN received DN's call asking her about SH's whereabouts. SN first checked with Ji Sang and then went to Dr. Han's office.

She called him 'Oppa' at first then quickly addressed him as 'Dr. Han'. She had asked Dr. Han if he has received any call from SH. SN told him SH is missing and if he is really worried about SH, he should meet up with her (start dating her again) because he is the only person SH can rely on right now.

On a different note, @nrlfan4ever CJ has finally undergone a hair transformation! No more curlers!:lol:

In the preview, CJ threatened to divorce papa Geum before throwing his Boston bag and the crumpled trio photo at him. Dr. Han was shocked to see his mom and NS with papa Geum in the photo. Let's hope Dr. Han is able to make the connection now and realize NS was the 'aunt' who visited them in Namwon.

@Ldy Gmerm called it. MH has fallen for the faker.:lol:

@jayakris

Like @angelwingssf said, MH's blouse was too baggy or loose fitting on her. You should check out MH's outfit, her skirt to be precise when she visited her mom's to ask for money.

The absolute BEST scene in today's episode was seeing momma Geum slapping NS soundly---way overdue.  Other scenes that held my attention, were scenes with the Chairman as he begin to piece together the pieces.

25 minutes ago, angelwingssf said:

Haven't seen eng subs anywhere.  Has anyone else?

Probably not enough subbers. The raw was up one hour after the original run, it's almost 7 hours past. 

Seolhwa said it ...'Never...'. As predicted she will not want to have anything to do with him. I can understand from DrHan stand, the adage 'to be cruel to be kind..' . He cannot allow their feelings to carry on as before, he knows they are forbidden, as good as incest in his mind. He had once told off Shin Woo regarding this when they all thought Shin Woo was Joon Sang, and wanted to marry Seolhwa. Then he was trying his best to stop their marriage. Now he is in the same predicament being the real Joon Sang. As I see it, the future too will be likewise. When all are revealed, DrHan will remain as donsaeng to Seolhwa and Jisang, with or without NS. The damage done by NS is really unforgivable, and it hurts Seolhwa and Jisang more. It will take awhile for reconciliation and acceptance. 

What irks me more is NS reluctance to just come clean before the family now that she knows that many secrets are unfolding. Seek their forgiveness and be sincere about it, JR and granny will be flabbergasted of course, but once the whole fiasco calms down, some compassion will surface. After all they have had nearly 30 years together as a family, not easy to just throw those years of happy memories down the drain. She should not wait for JR to dig out the truth, that will just make him more angry, for he was deceived for too many years. 

12 hours ago, shebagirl said:

As for the Bae women, not worth a mention, disgusting to the core...... !! Money madness is in their vein ....!

@shebagirl... Does Bae Min hee knows it was her mother who hurt Dr. Chanand the reason why she lost DR. Han's affection????? I agree they are disgusting greedy woman who has no warmth in their heart for anyone but themselves. Smh smh One thing I hate about Bae Min Hee is that she JUDGES her mother in law when she herself lied to become the Wife of fake Jin Soo. 

So some of the scenarios I mentioned before came true. Dr. Han called Papa Geum to fetch Seol Hwa. NS believes that continuing to deny that SHf is her biological daughter will spare her from more hurt and stigma. JR's radar is starting to warm up again, so he's gonna do some more digging. He does not need to meet Seol Hwa because she would not divulge what she learned about NS. NS still tries to act nonchalant at home. Did she think that JR will believe everything that she says, especially at this crucial time? While JR was caring and supportive of NS, you can see that deep inside his heart still belongs to Jin Joo. For all we know, what he feels for Mo Nan Seol is gratitude (for leading them to the boy she passed on as the son/grandson, for coming to the household to care for the fake boy, for bearing another son, Ji Sang, for looking after grandma and preparing the annual memorial feast for the departed Jin Joo). Papa Geum has now realized his mistakes in not telling Choo Ja the truth about Seol Hwa and not being open with Seol Hwa about her mother when she came of age. Time for loan shark to be outed, before the big 3 each get their hours/days of shame and humiliation. Paging Mr. Kim and Mr. Choi to help!

More people are getting to know parts of the secrets that the perpetrators wish to remain hidden. The only person who remains truly clueless is Jin Sang. It's a good thing that Sae Na did not blurt out that he and Seol Hwa are half siblings.

If the story goes down the path of MH falling in love with Shin Woo, does that mean she'll on get a slap on the wrist? An doe! She needs jail time together with her loan shark mom and Mo Nan Seol.

Maybe Seol Hwa said that she'll never look for Seok Hoon again. But deep inside her, she knows that he's got a reason for breaking up with her and moving out of the house. She knows him too well.

@sk0317 Yes, Choo Ja's hairstyle changed, no more rows of rolled hair straight out of the curlers. But maybe it's because she's so preoccupied by the recent events that she did not have time to roll her hair. :lol: I knew she cannot stay still, not with what's going on right now. I wished she'd dealt NS more than one slap. It would have been better if she did that at the Yoons' home, though the writers will not allow that because the story has to drag and extend. In one site, this drama ends with 120 episodes on May 26. There's one site that says the next drama to follow Golden Pouch, "All Kinds of Daughters-in-Law" starts June 2017. So there is a one week gap, thus the possibility of GP getting a 5-episode extension.

SH finally understood that Dr. Han had broken up with her.  She started believing what he had told her.  On the other hand Dr. Han was trying so hard to control his feelings and did not want to hurt SH.  I know he called Papa Geum, and I hope he would cave in and open the door to SH, let her in and console her.  He was a friend first and a love later.  Could he not have been her friend for a few hours before Papa Guem arrived.  It would not have hurt.  His idea of consoling seems to be being brash.  I guess guys are like that.  I could see tears in his eyes watching SH stumble due to weakness.  He was not a gentleman.  As I said yesterday, I was waiting for the door to open and he pull her in and hug her.  (That didn't happen).  Writer did not hear me.

I am really appalled at NS -  She is truly evil.  Even Papa Geum is realizing it.  How can you say that to your own child.  First and foremost, once you bring another living being into your midst, either via birth, adoption, or foster parenting, YOU become responsible for that being in this world till you leave it.  NS gave birth and threw it away because she did not have money.  She gave birth to Ji-sang and it was all about the company he would inherit.  It was never about love.  NS secrets are enormous and she still wants to hold on to them to give everyone a picture of a perfect wife or mother.   Even though I can understand about a single parent being poor and having a sick child leaving her child at the orphanage, loving parents truly try hard to take care of the problems.  I truly trying to understand her.  Her walls are crumbling, but still she wants to hold on to those.  She is not realizing that by not coming forward, she is inviting a tornado .  In tomorrow's preview, Dr. Han sees his mother and the aunt ( in the photograph) that visited him on the day of the fire and he will figure out that she was the one who brought the imposter home and let her mother to die.  

CJ is filing for a divorce.  He truly deserves it.  Why lie about such a serious issue.  It was a love marriage and she left her father to marry him because he objected.  This is the thanks she gets for marrying him.  She lost trust in him and it is so painful for her because NS was someone he liked more than a sister.  But NS was greedy and ambitious.  So, he settled for CJ.

Dr. Han hasn't yet made the connection of NS to JJ and the imposter she brought to the Yoon household and has continued that charade and hasn't yet figured out how hurt SH will be once she finds out about her bio mom.

Hopefully tomorrow will be a better episode.  

@jayakris:  I think Viper2 ALWAYS liked Faker2.  

Faker2 had no time for her because he was besotted with Heroine, even though Heroine was only lukewarm towards him. When Viper2 was able to blackmail Faker2 into marrying her, she was thrilled.  She always thought she could make him love her.  She just needed a chance to show him who she was.  Now that she has shown him her true self, he doesn't seem terribly impressed.  

1 hour ago, nrlfan4ever said:

Maybe Seol Hwa said that she'll never look for Seok Hoon again.

I have read it as " I will never look for you again. It's your turn to come to me. And explain everything". But maybe it's just my wishful thinking...

33 minutes ago, ira2a said:
2 hours ago, nrlfan4ever said:

Maybe Seol Hwa said that she'll never look for Seok Hoon again.

I have read it as " I will never look for you again. It's your turn to come to me. And explain everything". But maybe it's just my wishful thinking...

No, not wishful thinking. I think you got it right.  I didn't agree with how the subbers had translated the line.  The word "never" in English is much stronger, and usually said only when one is rather upset and generally means it.  The word "dasineun" just means "again".  What she said was "I will not look for you again... Again" (literally in Korean).  But that doesn't work in English in that form, so the subbers went for something that works, and carelessly used "never".  But "never" is a much stronger word that shows some determination.  This was a weakly said "dasineun" which only indicated her resigning to accepting the situation out of no choice. 

In fact, I had the first part of that line translated for the preview yesterday as "I will no longer look for you" where I deliberately resisted the temptation to use the better-flowing English word "never".  If the preview had shown her repeating the word "dasineun",  I would have been even more careful and translated it as "I will not look for you from now on... From now on".   That is the closest to the sense of the repetition of the word.  Even using "no longer" would be too strong, and closer to "never (again)".  She did not mean anything as harsh as that.  This was more like "from here on out, I know I will be wasting my time looking for you; so I won't try".  So, in other words, it is somewhat closer to how you took it, @ira2a ... More like, "unless you change, I am not coming here, because I know there's no point in it".   It was certainly not a "never", like she gave up on Dr. Han... No, she didn't.

Hope that gives everybody some relief that it is not an irreparable situation or anything between the leads.  But that woman NS needs to get divorced for the leads to get close again. Pronto.  Kick the b**ch out, JR!!

1 hour ago, jayakris said:

It was certainly not a "never", like she gave up on Dr. Han... No, she didn't.

I like your explanation of the semantic subtleties of both languages. Yes, quite often it's better to translate the meaning than the exact words. 

What gave me hope, as I wrote somewhere above, is that after that horrendous night she still wore the ring. You are so right, she didn't give up on Dr. Han. But she doesn't know his whole truth yet, that will be not just a trial, but an earth shattering experience for her.  And for him when seeing her reactions.  It could be a magnificent scene and we  have no idea now it will end. 

Archived