[Drama 2016-2017] Golden Pouch 황금주머니, Mon-Frid 20:55. Thanks for all your support!

0ly40

It was absolutely heartbreaking,,, that last scene.  The actress did a terrific job of it, especially the line delivery. Wow.  Here is the conversation.

Spoiler

[SH] Oppa. open the door... please!
[SH] How can I go home, and look at Mom's face? I feel so bad for her, I can't go.
[DrH] As a mother, you only have the one who raised you; Didn't I tell you that? It will be so later too. So, don't try to run away, and go (home).
[SH] I don't want to. I'm not going. I am going to be here tonight. You're the only one I could think of, oppa. I have nobody left but you, oppa. Please don't ask me to leave. Mmm?
[DrH] Are you a fool? You forgot everything? I said we are over... You want me to say it again?
[SH] Oppa!... Oppa... I need you now, oppa. Just for tonight, please, don't say we broke up. Please... Oppa... Oppa!

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, cheekychipmunk_stv said:

It broke my heart when SW was pouring her heart to SH and seeking warmth and comfort from him,  he rejected her and told her to go away. He was her last refuge and haven. To her, it seems everyone she loves betrayed her. To find out she has no blood ties at all with Geum family was a big blow to her. Then to get rejected outright by her bio mom of her existence - another big blow. She wants to go home but no home now as she wasn't sure how Mama Geum and SN will receive her now.How she kept knocking at SH door begging him to open but he refused. Totally broke my heart. She was always there for him no matter what. Now she is in need of some comfort, none gave her. 

NS was extremely cruel to SW. She claims to love SW but at the end of the day, JiSang still matters most to her.

Sorry ... my fat thumb must have touched the edit button....

The preview lines

Spoiler

[SH to Papa] Why on earth did you take me in and raise me? When I'm a nobody, why?
[Mama Geum] What's this? I must be a crazy woman...
[Papa on the phone] SH is not there, you mean? Not at home?
[DN or SN] Where did she go?
[Faker] Supposing this isn't the end of it, what will you do then?
[DrH] Be straight... What are you talking about?
[SH] Now I understand... that we are really over. I will no longer look for you.

Looks like the faker tells DrH about who the woman was, at the fire. They show a brief shot of SH turning away from the door, and later we hear what she says or thinks.  Looks like it's that serious hospital trip this time, like we were expecting all along. Could the writer be taking this to a total tragedy? I hope not.

1 hour ago, cheekychipmunk_stv said:

It broke my heart when SW was pouring her heart to SH and seeking warmth and comfort from him,  he rejected her and told her to go away. He was her last refuge and haven. To her, it seems everyone she loves betrayed her. To find out she has no blood ties at all with Geum family was a big blow to her. Then to get rejected outright by her bio mom of her existence - another big blow. She wants to go home but no home now as she wasn't sure how Mama Geum and SN will receive her now.How she kept knocking at SH door begging him to open but he refused. Totally broke my heart. She was always there for him no matter what. Now she is in need of some comfort, none gave her. 

NS was extremely cruel to SW. She claims to love SW but at the end of the day, JiSang still matters most to her.

Mine too.  Even though SH is on the other side of the door asking her to leave, I can see the pain on his face.  I was waiting for him to open the door, pull her in and hug her.  Dr. Han is also in a unchartered territory, because he had not loved anybody in his life.  This is the first for him too.  Just like SW is suffering, we can see Dr. Han is suffering too.  When is this nightmare going to end.  Writer - finish it up , and let's see the story move on faster.  

I have never ever seen anyone as selfish and greedy as NS - Ji sang is her only son.  Her world is already crumbling, she is better off coming clean and make the pain a little less.  Brainless b***h  .  

@jayakris Even if writer isn't making a tragic end, the snubs received by Seolhwa should sealed any chances of DrHan to be a couple again. He was totally cruel .. I just cannot understand why the need to shut Seolhwa out of his life in that manner....! Yes, he was too afraid of his feelings for her, but to not respond to her plea as a friend is not being a gentleman.  Writer can of course change course and suddenly makes the lead couple forgiving one another at the end .... not consistent after today's bawling scenes from Seolhwa. Then again it is a drama .... never logical ....

12 minutes ago, jayakris said:

[SH] Now I understand... that we are really over. I will no longer look for you.

My heart just sunk, this is such a bad breakup, and it looks like it is for real.  I am still holding on to a thread of hope, but everything  looks and sounds really bad.  I am understanding Dr.Han not opening the door, he was not sure of his resolve to stand up face to face to her pleas.  To SH he was the last thread of hope that there still is somebody who loves and cares for her.  Now it looks like there is none.  When Dr.Han has found his real family, she had lost hers. 

I am beginning to think that maybe we took him at his word while the reason for his initial breakup was much more serious. He was saying that he doesn't want SH to be hurt, we all assumed that it was because of NS, her biological mother.  Could it be that the real reason was not NS, but the fact that they are becoming step-siblings. Finding a biological mother, especially as bad as NS is, is not the end of the world if you have a family to fall on to. But loosing papa Geum has removed that support system from under her. She goes to Dr.Han as her last hope, and he rejects her. There are tears in his eyes, but he is not wavering. He knows that  there still remains the major blow in store for SH - them belonging to the same blood line. That's the only fact  that she still doesn't know.  In his view it's better to sever the relations with one blow than to drag them on, suffering and not knowing what the next day will bring.   He is a surgeon by trade after all.  There are people who intentionally take the blame on themselves l for the  sake of the others who they really care for.  To me it looks like DR.Han is going that route.  I still am hoping for the happy ending, the hope dies the last, as they say.  But only something extraordinary can unwind that tangle of mess we are all witnessing right now. 

23 minutes ago, shebagirl said:

Even if writer isn't making a tragic end, the snubs received by Seolhwa should sealed any chances of DrHan to be a couple again. He was totally cruel ..

I agree. Even if she forgives him, she will never forget. 

1 hour ago, ira2a said:
2 hours ago, shebagirl said:

Even if writer isn't making a tragic end, the snubs received by Seolhwa should sealed any chances of DrHan to be a couple again. He was totally cruel ..

I agree. Even if she forgives him, she will never forget. 

But there is some chance (maybe a small chance) that the previews were to again fool us.  It looks like she turned away from the door in some sort of determination and said that line (if it was said at that time), so she didn't collapse there.  And we see her rather calmly talking to Papa, still wearing the drenched coat, the same night.  So, there is an outside chance that Dr. Han may have come out and gone after her, and done/said something to calm her down, or even driven her to where Papa was. He may have convinced her to trust her foster mom and dad, and talk to them first.   It seems she left from Papa's home only the next day, or later, seeing the surprise that DN and Papa felt about her disappearance from the house.  So she must have gone home with Papa, which could mean Dr. Han did something to maybe make her not feel totally abandoned by everybody at night in the rain.  If so, maybe she didn't feel it as a "can't forget" abandonment by him.  That is a big "maybe", and I may also be hoping against hope...

Anyway, it is something else (not Dr.Han's rejection at night) that made her fully collapse and end up in the hospital.  I suspect that she heard the whole story somehow about who Dr. Han is, and it hit her that they may really be over, being step-siblings.  In that case, she would understand to a large extent why Dr. Han was doing what he was doing and things may not be that dire between them.

But, as I have always said, I just don't see a good ending in this drama for our good couple, unless/until NS is divorced and kicked out of the house by JR. The good news is that NS has now done enough to lose all chance to reconcile with JR, and it does look like JR is close to figuring everything out and confronting her.  The drama can simply take things to that point (and also bring out the Faker-MH-her mom trio's wrongdoings - maybe momma gets arrested for hit-and-run), and then do a time jump for a year,  We may see NS selling tteokbeokki at a street stand in Namwon.  SH may visit her and have one episode of some mom-daughter reconciliation... The faker opens an exotic food place, and MH is in the kitchen, all resigned to her fate.  Then the real Jun Sang has one episode of meeting SH again... Then he marries Seol Hwa in the final episode, with their step brother as the wedding announcer, and all the usual stuff like Se Na catching the bouquet...  Everybody lives happily ever after.  This is Kdrama.  There are enough episodes to do all that, with a time jump (but it's tough without a time jump, at this point).  That's about the best we can hope for.

"If I can't embrace her, I should push her away. It won't hurt as much later". That's what NS said about SH.  That's what Dr.Han is doing without saying the words.  I don't know what hurts SH more.  If there even is "more" when it hurts so much.

But, no matter words or deeds, both, NS and DR.Han, are suffering too, each in their own way.  

I'm disappointed in how much Seol Hwa is devastated about finding out about her mother. She has been raised by momma Guem since she was a baby. As a matter of fact, momma Geum treated her better than the other girls and gave her extra attention due to her health. If I was momma Guem, I would be hurt and feel a little betrayed. She is desperately seeking NS' recognition as if she was raised by a mother who loved her and a father who loved her. For me, I'm speaking only for me, her behaviors comes across as if she never thought of momma Guem as her mother--she does't seem to know that just because a woman gives birth to you doesn't mean she's a mother.

4 hours ago, jayakris said:

But, as I have always said, I just don't see a good ending in this drama for our good couple, unless/until NS is divorced and kicked out of the house by JR.

I agree with you completely. With so few episodes left, I'm not hopeful of a 'good' ending.

@jayakris:  The relationship between siblings isn't "step," meaning by marriage; it's "half," meaning by blood.  

ExecDad & DeadWoman           Faker & ExecDad                 Faker & DeadGuy  

\                  /                                    \             /                                    \            /

\   /                                                 \   /                                              \   /

HeartDr                                  DumBro                                 Heroine

|| ←---------------------------------->|                                               ||

||                                                |<------------------------------------>||

||<=  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =   = =  =  =>||

NO-NO - Uh-Uh - No How - No Way - No Can Do

Although HeartDr has no blood relation to Heroine, in a family (tree or register), HeartDr would be marrying his 1/2 brother's 1/2 sister!  It's waaaay too whack! Would DumBro's 1/2 sister now also be his sister-in-law, as she married his 1/2 brother?  Or, to look from another angle: HeartDr would marry his (former) step-sister.  WAAAAAY toooooo WHACK.

Now, onto Ep 112 w/subs:  

WOW!  And then some more WOW 'cause one isn't sufficient for all the stuff in the last two episodes.

Everyone knows EVERYTHING.  Well, almost.  The people in the dark, the rich-family, will wake-up this week.  Ahh.  They were so blissful in their ignorance.  

I think ExecDad will put 2 & 2 together, get 17, and figure-out his wife is... well... really sumthin'!  And that will also mean that Faker2 was in on The Con, Betting there are going to be some fireworks.  First, Heroine needs heart surgery and there is only one man for the job:  Yes!  You guessed it!  Our handy-dandy neighborhood heart surgeon.

My guess is that HeartDr doesn't want to make the Faker duo look any worse than they already will when the truth is revealed.  He can plainly see that Granny and ExecDad 'love' Faker2.  But they love him because they think he is theirs.  I hear a song in my head "But will you loooove me tomoooorrow?"  I think NOT!  Faker2 begs HeartDr to take the family's feelings into consideration, and let him 'keep' his family.  But HeartDr wants his family to acknowledge him AND he doesn't want the con artists to con his family.  The best way for everyone involved is for Faker2 to come clean and confess. But will he?  

First, Viper2 is going to get some $$$ from Faker.  Faker will give her the $$$ not realizing Viper2 is using it for the benefit of Faker2 and detriment of DumBro, her very own son.  She is a poor excuse for a con woman, always making mistakes.  She should be out of money by now.

Some how.  Some way, Granny has to get in the act with a heart attack or stroke, or ???  

Think the DumplingKids will be very unhappy with Heroine and want her to go to her rich family.  But Faker doesn't want to acknowledge her. In The End,  DumBro will stay with ExecDad, Heroine will live with Faker. 

Like that the conflicts appear to be resolving before the final episode.  But it is still too early to be certain as there are 7 episodes remaining.

7 hours ago, clumsynd said:

True! Dr. Han said he broke up to protect SH from the truth, now she already knows the identity of her birthmom and that she's not a Geum, so why give her a cold shoulder? He could've just told the truth to SH

@clumsynd  He's trying to spare her the truth of what her mom done it's best she finds out from her mom.. Of he tells her this could backfire and hae her hating him for the rest of both there lives.. 

Its all about blood ties. Even though Seol Hwa has had the best mom and dad for her in the Geum's she still knew she was not Mama Geum's child. From the the things we have heard in passing mentioned Seol Hwa has always felt a bit of the outsider. There was resentment from SN and a bit from Mama Geum at times too. Seol Hwa never felt secure in her place in that family even though she thought Papa G was her father. Now the last connection is pulled from her. She is no one's child in that family and the mother she wanted to at least know about to have roots too has rejected her. For Seol Hwa it's just like Dr. Han they wanted to know where they came from . What type of people they were who were they related to. I have no doubt that Seol Hwa would not have left the Geum's they raised her and took care of her.  Right now with the truth out she has no roots and she feels lost out there she does not belong to NS cause NS abandoned her the family she thought she belonged to by blood has been revealed to not be related to her at all. So her crying to NS and begging is not about acceptance its about finding that place where she came from even if she can't belong to it. But unfortunately NS has blocked that as well. Seol Hwa is afraid that the truth will cause Mama Geum to want to get rid of her and to say it was a waste of years in raising her. Seol Hwa will need time to come back to the part where she was very lucky to have the Geum's. Just like the Mama Geum and SN will have to realize that they were very fortunate to have a sweet person like Seol Hwa in their lives.

I think Seol Hwa's collapse is designed to wake people up faster to the fact that they have a chance to loose Seol Hwa in their lives. Mama Geum, SN and Dr. Han along with NS. From the looks on Dr. Han's face seeing Seol Hwa laying there unresponsive on that stretcher is startling for him he did not expect this type of outcome in his rejection of her. Guilt will be setting in for a lot of people I hope.

Everyone needs to get back to thinking Seol Hwa is the Geum's daughter no matter where she came from just like Dr. Han needs to go back to being part of the Geum's family as well. He does not need to deny his family but its a lot of years between when he needed that coddling that they will want to give him and now.

So after what NS did to Seol Hwa outside the house and Faker witness it seems faker is ready to tell Dr. Han who the woman was.  Faker really should just tell him what happen in the house after he was taken out and how his mother perished. He is hinting that if he learns the rest then it will prolly really be the end (for a time) between him and Seol Hwa as neither will want to be together to hear what NS did. SH especially would not be able to look him in the face after her mother stole his life.

47 minutes ago, lclarakl said:

I'm disappointed in how much Seol Hwa is devastated about finding out about her mother. She has been raised by momma Guem since she was a baby. As a matter of fact, momma Geum treated her better than the other girls and gave her extra attention due to her health. If I was momma Guem, I would be hurt and feel a little betrayed. She is desperately seeking NS' recognition as if she was raised by a mother who loved her and a father who loved her. For me, I'm speaking only for me, her behaviors comes across as if she never thought of momma Guem as her mother--she does't seem to know that just because a woman gives birth to you doesn't mean she's a mother.

I agree with you completely. With so few episodes left, I'm not hopeful of a 'good' ending.

I read from another forum that this drama ends at episode 125 on 2nd June 2017. 'All Kinds of Daughter-In-Law' will be screened on 5th June 2017 when 'Golden Pouch' ends. 

5 hours ago, jayakris said:

We may see NS selling tteokbeokki at a street stand in Namwon.  SH may visit her and have one episode of some mom-daughter reconciliation... The faker opens an exotic food place, and MH is in the kitchen, all resigned to her fate.  Then the real Jun Sang has one episode of meeting SH again... Then he marries Seol Hwa in the final episode, with their step brother as the wedding announcer, and all the usual stuff like Se Na catching the bouquet...  Everybody lives happily ever after.

A time jump is certainly needed to heal all wounds. The above scenario is hilarious though not impossible. You forgot the horrid Mdm Sa..... oh, she is serving time in jail...!  Is Jisang going to help his mother at the street stand selling tteokbeokki too....?   Granny and JR will have the house all to themselves now that all have left .... a big lonely place .... with DrHan staying too ...? 

There will have to be a lot of repentance, forgiving and reconciliation for Seolhwa to be able to marry DrHan. The scars left by NS are really deep and painful to both of them. I welcome their reunion with bittersweet emotion .... 

By the way, MH is trying to purchase more shares illegally to enable Shin Woo to do a 'management-by-out' takeover of the helm of PJ Group. Such a cunning and greedy person, she's just like her mother .... money is their goal in life. She should be in jail too, for the purchasing of the company shares. As a spouse of a director in the company, she will have to disclose to the board when she intends to acquire more stakes in the company. She needs board approval, unless she does it illegally. That is a sure jail term for her. Shin Woo will be able to rid of her then, and open his exotic restaurant on his own....! Two of them in the slam hammer, mother and daughter, is indeed an ending sought after.  Bliss .....

Aaaaah.... retribution ... retribution....

19 hours ago, cheekychipmunk_stv said:

SW is the saddest character in this drama. At least SH found his loving family who is more than happy to welcome him and live him dearly. SH spend her whole life not feeling she belongs, marked with stigma. Now she learns that she is not even child of Papa Geum whom she loves so much. And that she was born out of wedlock & abandoned child of NS and NS rejected her again later. She is totally lost ... feeling like what's wrong with her, why everyone throw her away. And if she learns what her birth mom did to SH, SW wouldn't know how to face him now that she knows her mom has inflcited 30 years of pain onto SH.Even if SH wants her, she would be too ashamed to be with him.

Omo chingu lets nor give writer-nim any ideas of the many ways we can be tortured until the end.  

9 hours ago, shebagirl said:

Why  is DrHan so mean towards Seolhwa ..? Just give her a shoulder to cry on .. Is that so difficult ..? Why the sudden frozen treatment towards her ..? Even NS didn't want to acknowledge her as her daughter ..?  She seemed to get rejections from those who matters most to her ..!  Any other person would just become suicidal from the shocks and the rejections. Am very disappointed with DrHan .... where is the compassion in him ... so so heartless ...!!

@sk0317

I'm so angry w/him, even I had to interrupt my fangirling on this one. I thought there was no way he would abandon her, they would be reunited..... I still have tears welling for her, this to me has to be the biggest hurt of the night. He was the one person she believed she could count on and he turned his back on her. SMH SMH  

8 hours ago, lclarakl said:

Why does everyone feel they need to protect SH from knowing about her real mother?  I feel bad for mother Geum....this woman's feelings is not considered by any of them, especially Papa Geum and even SH at the moment.

I don't get it either, this 'protection' seems to me to be a way for her protectors not to have to deal w/truth. I feel bad for Mother Geum too, it must hurt to find out her husband didn't trust her enough to tell her the truth or to do the right thing for baby SH. I hope she confronts NS. That would make my day.

@jayakris Thanks for the translation, I'm going to have to buy more kleenex.

10 hours ago, evie7 said:

I'm so angry w/him, even I had to interrupt my fangirling on this one. I thought there was no way he would abandon her, they would be reunited..... I still have tears welling for her, this to me has to be the biggest hurt of the night. He was the one person she believed she could count on and he turned his back on her. SMH SMH  

I thought Dr. Han acted really out of line this time. He heard SN telling him SH has not been sleeping, eating and was in the medical room. He left his office to check on her and found an unsettled and worried looking SH getting into an elevator.

All the times they have been together, Dr. Han must have noticed the times SH experienced murmurs and chest pains. It was her chest pains that caused her to get stuck in the middle of the road and the faker's heroic act of saving her that made her changed her mind about breaking up with him.

SH had no money and no purse on her so that means she walked from the office to papa Geum's dumpling shop, then the Yoon's, the Geum's and then to Dr. Han's apartment. She probably was made to walk all the way back to the Geum's in the rain on her own.

Dr. Han stopped himself from going forward to give SH a hug after he found her waiting outside his apartment for him in the rain. You could tell he tried very hard to control himself not to have any physical contact with SH and told SH to go home instead.

# Poor SH is still wearing the ring and watch from Dr. Han, even when she is in bed.

Even if Dr. Han refuses to let SH stay for the night, he could have given SH a ride home. That is not too much to ask of him, right? Yesterday was not a time to stick to his cold old self. SH has had a very difficult day. She came pleading for him to just take her in for a day and got bluntly rejected. How cruel is that.

So it looks like MH blackmailed NS for money to buy illegal shares in order to make the faker the biggest shareholder in PJ Group. MH's greed knows no bounds and she needs to be punished and put in jail. Her cell key should be thrown into the Han river. Some piece of work she is.

NS is selfish and greedy. She is still insistent to protect herself and her current lifestyle by not acknowledging SH.

NS said those harsh words to SH because she cannot take responsibility for SH. By coming forward to acknowledge SH and her existence, NS will lose everything, including Ji Sang.

She told papa Geum and agreed not to reveal herself and that she will watch SH from a distance. It sounded like she has officially signed off her duties/rights not to claim her birth daughter. NS cannot abandon her present family just because she has found her daughter. She is unwillingly to take the risk of losing everything she stole. Like the time she left her at the doorstep of the orphanage, NS will go down as a mother who had abandoned her daughter for a more comfortable and cushy life.

NS knows she might be found out soon but is still adamant to stick to her lies and continues to cover her tracks and deceits. Too bad JR has finally woken up and is beginning to have serious doubts about his wife. Hope he finds out very very soon.

MH, NS and the faker are desperate to cling on to what they have and in the case of MH, has a bigger appetite for more. Her insatiable appetite for more wealth and power will be the cause of her downfall. I can't wait to see her tumble hard and sore.

CJ is truly devastated and very hurt because papa Geum only come clean after SH found out who her biological mother is. It has never occurred to papa Geum that he should share and tell her that important piece of information in the beginning or when she asked him who SH's mom is.

@jayakris

Thank you so much for your translations!

Judging from SH's attire, I think SH's collapse from her impending heart issues and excessive anxiety happens at home.

3 hours ago, watchumlots said:

Although HeartDr has no blood relation to Heroine, in a family (tree or register), HeartDr would be marrying his 1/2 brother's 1/2 sister!  It's waaaay too whack! Would DumBro's 1/2 sister now also be his sister-in-law, as she married his 1/2 brother?  Or, to look from another angle: HeartDr would marry his (former) step-sister.  WAAAAAY toooooo WHACK.

I mentioned on the thread early on that this theme was in the drama Dear Heavens. Instead of them sharing a brother, they shared a sister.  His stepmother, heroine mother, plotted (in a good way) to get her stepson interested in her daughter. she loved her stepson and the daughter she had just found. Since they are not blood related, I say go for it.

8 hours ago, sk0317 said:

CH is truly devastated and very hurt because papa Geum only come clean after SH found out who her biological mother is. It has never occurred to papa Geum that he should share and tell her that important piece of information in the beginning or when she asked him who SH's mom is.

Seeing the episode with subs really clarifies a lot. We speculated for months that CH was going to be upset and feeling betrayed by papa Geum. It's truly understandable. She suffered emotionally thinking he had an affair with another woman and brought that child home. That sense of betrayal doesn't go away. Now to find out that it wasn't true....she suffered for years because of a lie. Then to learn he only told her because SH found out..... she feels disrespected on many levels; her feelings don't matter based on his treatment of her.

20 minutes ago, sk0317 said:

Even if Dr. Han refuses to let SH stay for the night, he could have given SH a ride home. That is not too much to ask of him, right? Yesterday was not a time to stick to his cold old self. SH has had a very difficult day. She came pleading for him to just take her in for a day and got bluntly rejected. How cruel is that.

DrHan knew that if he had opened the door, he would just not be able to resist  Seolhwa.... she was all dripping wet and need some tender care.....:unsure:. He would wreck the 'forbidden' territory they are in now. He was holding on to his principles.... he would make a good priest  all right.  Cannot help being cynical here really, where is this ' a friend in need ...' part in his belief ....! Seolhwa pledged to always be by his side, helping him locate his family, whatever the outcome. She never wavered, but why can't he give her some room for comfort or just a friendly hug..... ??  

Shin Woo had more tender heartfelt words after seeing NS cold treatment to Seolhwa. Only goes to show that Shin Woo still cares for her, if not for NS secrets, he would have not changed his original plan. Can still be in the options for writer to mess up the posters.... she marries the second lead ...... Ooops, sorryyyyy guys .....

Archived