[Drama 2016-2017] Golden Pouch 황금주머니, Mon-Frid 20:55. Thanks for all your support!

0ly40

1 hour ago, jayakris said:

Maybe the only other thing was Faker telling NS straight that this was all because of her and that she shouldn't have asked him to be SJ.  That she should've revealed everything way back (hinting that he always wanted it to be revealed and that she prevented him).  Seeing NS not disagreeing, it is probably the truth. The Faker probably always felt guilty and wanted to leave but NS wouldn't let him, and then it came to a point where SH blackmailed him and he turned a confused evil mess.

Thank you for your recaps @jayakris. MH wanted to get NS involved but the faker specifically asked his sidekick not to, making MH wondered the reason behind the faker's request.

Is the writer trying to redeem the faker's character at this stage? What the faker said today made it sound like NS was the mastermind behind the plot to deceive the Yoon's. Like @Ldy Gmerm mentioned in her post upthread, the faker was not 100% reluctant to comply with her idea and plan considering the situation he was in at the time after the fire. He had nowhere to go and no one to turn to since KPD was likely in jail serving time. JJ who promised to take care of KSW had perished in that fire.

A manipulative and assertive NS nudged the faker to pretend to be the real YJS, brought him to meet Madam Eun, followed her to the Yoon's to live with them since she was supposed to be the one who saved Madam Eun's GS.

In the preview, DN asked CJ if SH is papa Geum's daughter. I wonder if DN overheard something from Madam Sa at the Bae's. Or did she find the pen recorder and played it to hear papa Geum's conversation with NS.

Madam Sa had initially thought SH is a product of papa Geum and NS when MH causally said SH is NS's daughter  when they were talking rather loudly in the faker's unoccupied office in episode 110.

1 hour ago, jayakris said:

Not sure if the SH scene at the end of the preview was placed there out of order to fool us into thinking that she overhears what SH told NS.  It may be from before she ended up in the hospital.  But she is wearing the same clothes as she had in the hospital either way

From the preview, it looks like MH confronted NS and SH overheard their conversation and found out she is NS's daughter.

NS was seen crying at SH's bedside before taking her leave.

I agree with @Ldy Gmerm and think that Dr. Han is going to hit the roof when he finds out it was MH who leaked the secret and caused SH to suffer.

Dr. Han has repeatedly warned the faker, MH and Madam Sa not to use his 'family' or SH to threaten him. He doesn't mind if the insults or attacks are directed at him but will not tolerate it if his family and SH are used as baits to blackmail him.

Dr. Han is a ticking time-bomb, when he longer can protect SH (her birth secret), he should not procrastinate and should approach his blood family to make the revelation that he is the real JS.

EDIT: Ji Sang seems to think SH is unlucky in love after SN told him Dr. Han and SH are not getting married.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This episode confirmed what I had always believed from the very beginning--NS used a shocked, couldn't speak SW/JS to get into he home of a rich man. NS was not shocked at learning real JS was alive. She was shocked that real JS was Dr. Han. If she had told the truth, the Yoons would have looked for real JS and probably found him in a manner of days.  I don't see how you forgive someone who purposely, knowingly led you away from your real child by putting a fake one before you. How do you even forgive JS because you know their heart was never pure--it was all about deception from the very beginning. NS also made JS the way he is. He moved from NS to MH--both women who plotted and used him in order to take advantage of the Yoons. When will JS break free and become the person he "thought" he was.

I remember seeing a flashback of fake JS when he was young and writing his name in the sand, then NS walked upon him with a scowl on her face and he erased his name. I have to keep in mind that fake JS was an abused child, so it would explain why he didn't push back as a child. He did mention in earlier episodes that he had wanted to confess but NS was always standing guard over him. 

As an adult, he now has to take responsibility for his actions.

Ep 110 w/o Subs:

Oh my hopeful KDrama chingus... Thinking that all will be resolved by The End.  WHEN has that ever happened?  We always HOPE for revenge and justice, we always GET forgiveness and sweeping past deeds under-the-rug.  Sucks!  Almost every KDrama has baby abandoning / baby stealing / baby switching, or locking in a box / closet / warehouse, or career stifling, or man / woman stealing, and we dream of the big Get-Even...but it never comes.  NEVER.   

I think the final episode will have everyone living their 'normal' lives in their 'right' families.  HeartDr will have a new love.  Viper2 will be off to America OR living well and happily with Faker2.  Viper1 will be wearing the Dragon-baby, wiping tables in the dumpling shop, slaving for her D-in-L.  That's how these things end.  Always.  It's forgive and forget.  And it will ALL be resolved in Episode 119 and/or the first 15 minutes of Episode 120.  10 episodes = 2 weeks elapsed time.  There is plenty of wind-up remaining.  Plenty.  

The only significant plot movement this episode was that Faker learned the kid she replaced has reappeared to claim his place.  And she helped him.  There is the added plot thickener of the stashed paper.  Think someone, probably Faker, will do the old 'car accident' trope and attempt to run-down HeartDr.  Her life depends upon him disappearing. 

Maybe in The End, HeartDr returns to the hospital to save lives and Faker2 actually runs the company?  ExecDad talks a big game, but he has become attached to Faker2 and won't just kick him aside.  

Well MH told Madam Sa that Seol Hwa is NS's daughter. The list grows with how many people know this secret. Madam Sa was going on and on about how she should have gotten money out of NS before things blow up instead of NS donating money to a foundation ( I guess she sees her self in need.) She suggested that they take some money and run but MH as usual says no to that idea. Madam Sa wondered if NS and Papa Geum had relations and MH says no its because they grew up together in an orphanage and he just raised Seol Hwa which makes Madam Sa say NS acted like she was so sophisticated. I guess neither of these women know Seol Hwa has a heart condition.

NS did just as I thought she was very afraid of Dr. Han remembering her at the time of the fire. I want to bet her name may be in that documents as someone affected by the fire and that is why she is hiding it as well as trying to keep the connection that Dr. Han is the real JS from coming out. Its more about her and what will happen if found out. Sad thing is she is another person not wanting JJ's son to come home for purely selfish reasons.

I don't care what Faker said to NS in her office he could have told the truth and left on his own years ago. He stayed because he wanted to keep that life and that family. NO matter how much blame and resentment he has for NS he benefited and does not want to loose that love and support.

So MH exposes she knows the truth to NS and some how Seol Hwa may have heard it or something else that finally made her collapse. I am in agreement with MH on what she said. NS gave her away now she wants to be around her and help her from afar but her lies have hurt her daughter , JJ's son and will hurt her husband, her MIL her son and Papa G and his family. All for her greed and the greed of others.

Now this drama is slated to end on May 26th (so they say because the next drama starts then) I hope they plan to hurry in the next week to get the secrets out which leaves one more week for people to get over the shock and move towards punishment and reconciliation and forgiveness for those that really deserve to have it.

I found it very interested that NS said she switched the boys on purpose-- SW couldn't speak at the time due to shock. It was very obvious that she was jealous of her friend. She tossed out her friend's son and stole his life with another boy. There is not enough episodes for me to soak in her misery--that is to come........I hope. She is an evil person. I hope they kick her out without a penny.

@lclarakl:  Very interesting!  Didn't know that Faker intentionally switched the kids.  Thought the real kiddo disappeared after falling into the river so she substituted taking Faker2 to the kiddo's family, the rich people.  But if she intentionally switched the kiddos, leaving the real kiddo on his own, now that is some real heinous stuff there.  

15 hours ago, lclarakl said:

I found it very interested that NS said she switched the boys on purpose-- SW couldn't speak at the time due to shock. It was very obvious that she was jealous of her friend. She tossed out her friend's son and stole his life with another boy. There is not enough episodes for me to soak in her misery--that is to come........I hope. She is an evil person. I hope they kick her out without a penny.

Exactly she dares to go home and tell herself that she did not do it because she was jealous of JJ but that is exactly what it was. She was jealous of JJ and the fact she had a rich husband and a son. NS did it for jealous and greedy reasons and nothing she can say will take it back at this late date. If it was true that she did not do it for jealousy then she would have never even thought of this scheme and she would have continued to help look for JJ's son.

NS will have to make that ultimate sacrifice because I can't see her living to continue to benefit from her daughters soft nature. Seol Hwa will feel too much guilt towards Dr. Han if her mother is around and kicked out for her lies and keeping him from his real family. No way will she go back to him. NS has to be taken completely out of the equation and that means not only kicked out and loosing everything but giving her life to her daughter. No one may have caused that fire but NS was responsible for JS and she ran off and left him then put a fake in its place. Just like she has a debt to pay to JJ so does faker for JJ saved his life and he stole her son's family and future.

It is very funny to see NS and Faker both not want to remember Namwon but then why remember the place you know you did wrong. Funny thing is NS never fully had the love of JR and respect from her MIL just like Faker never managed to get close to that family.  Because both knew that the crimes they committed were really bad and they are full of guilt.

I like Dr. Han telling Faker when he runs out to tell him to expose the truth..." You tell the truth that I am the real JS and you are not." OF course Dr. Han knows faker is not going to do that. Its going to have to be outed. I am very sure that JR's assistant will be able to tell him what was in the documents even if JR does not read them. NS thinks she can hide the fact she was in that fire (Still do not understand why they never fully checked her out before they let her marry in. They would have found out all about her back then even her knowing JJ and growing up in the orphanage.) as well but she can not hide it for long. A year is missing about fires in that area and Dr. Han already knows what year it was that the fire accrued. All she is doing is making it very hard on herself when he realizes who she is and what she did.

NS intentionally changed those boys because she could not find the real JS where she left him but she also saw this as an opportunity for herself. As we know he fell into the river and was carried downstream I think. So instead of looking for him like she should have or looking further she decided to use this opportunity to "get in where she could fit in" taking the place of JJ.  I really want her fake face exposed. I so very much look forward to Papa G finding out what she did. I do not think she will ever have seen that type of angry emotion from him before. It will be an even more angry expression then her ugly words about Seol Hwa before she found out she is her daughter brought out of him. I really want to see him reach out to choke her for what she has done to JJ , JJ's son and her own daughter.

When asked by faker about the real JS she said she assumed he was dead. Which means she did not know for sure but it really did not matter as he was not around and she did not search hard enough. Its also funny her asking herself why did he show up now? Not thank goodness he is really alive but why does he have to come back with his memory to upset her lies and deceit. Faker should have told NS when she asked if he remembers he should have said he has his memory back and he is pissed we stole his life. But he did tell her correctly, if he had remembered who NS was she would not be sitting there calm before faker walked in. Dr. Han would have lit her up way before then if he knew who she was and realized what she did.

This is why they are both so fearful as what they did was not an innocent mistake it was intentional and it will be seen as a crime. It was very heinous ,vicious and evil even as they came in with ill intent and the real son/grandson was lost out in the world while they reap the benefits from living on their lies. No matter how angry everyone will be when the truth comes out. They will want to keep it low what Faker and NS did and make all the arrangements quietly to get rid of NS and Faker so they are not pushed out in the lime light. There is going to be a huge mess because of Faker being in that company and he is not the son anyway. Unfortunately for them Madam Sa and MH knows all their business and will not hesitate to threaten to tell it to the masses if they do not gain some form of compensation.

What will burst the Bae's bubble are Madam Sa being out as the hit and run driver of Dr. Han and her other crimes. MH having to deal with that on top of the blackmail and the theft she did and was trying to do. A swift punch in the gut for MH who blamed Dr. Han for why he forgot adn rejected her and instead it all started with her awful mother.

I can see a time jump before Seol Hwa and Dr. Han are back together. There will be resentment transferred to Seol Hwa for NS's actions and Seol Hwa has nothing to do with it , but people are human and unfortunately if NS is gone seeing Seol Hwa can bring it back as her connection to NS the same with Ji- Sang but given he is blood he has a pass.

2 hours ago, Ldy Gmerm said:

NS intentionally changed those boys because she could not find the real JS where she left him but she also so this as an opportunity for herself. As we know he fell into the river and was carried downstream I think. So instead of looking for him like she should have or looking further she decided to use this opportunity to "get in where she could fit in" taking the place of JJ.  I really want her fake face exposed. I so very much look forward to Papa G finding out what she did. I do not think she will ever have seen that angry. It will be even more angry then her ugly words about Seol Hwa before she found out she is her daughter. I really want to see him reach out to choke her for what she has done to JJ , her son and her daughter.

@Ldy Gmerm, love your entire post. The reason NS didn't want real JS is because the last time she saw him he could speak and he was looking forward to his grandmother and father. There would have been no need for NS to tag along. However, with fake JS/SW not being able to speak and not really aware of what was going on, she could use his silence to her advantage. I don't see how JR or grandmother forgive her for doing this to their grandchild; they care for fake JS, but when they find out Dr Han is the real JS who they already adore, their feeling for SW/JS won't even come into comparison. 

I truly wish all of this was happening around the 80 or 90 episode range. I could see this going down a few more paths. The biggest reason is I don't think I'm going to have time to savor NS and SW downfall.

3 hours ago, watchumlots said:

@lclarakl:  Very interesting!  Didn't know that Faker intentionally switched the kids.  Thought the real kiddo disappeared after falling into the river so she substituted taking Faker2 to the kiddo's family, the rich people.  But if she intentionally switched the kiddos, leaving the real kiddo on his own, now that is some real heinous stuff there.  

NS made the comment when talking to herself, "It wasn't because I was jealous of Jin Soo that I switched the boys on purpose." 

Her comment shows that she intentionally switched them and it was definitely out of jealousy.

He had fallen in the water, but his family could have found him because he was taken to an orphanage then adopted overseas. NS truly in this episode displayed her heinous personality.

@Ldy Gmerm - loved your post.  Agree with you on all the topics you covered.  

NS intentionally switched the boys.  Her facial expression when JJ told her that she was going to stay with her son's father was that of an vile person.  Looks like her modeling job must have been doing poorly, and she probably came to JJ to stay with her and when an opportunity arose, she grabbed it.  When the fire broke out, JJ grabbed Dr. Han and went out.  NS was also an adult and she should have taken SW with her, but she did not.  She did not even stay put with YJS and left him all by himself to go see where JJ was.  That was also wrong leaving a child without an adult.  Even if YJS was alive and JJ had died in the fire, she would have tagged along with YJS to the rich man 's house.  She is a greedy, conniving, scum who puts herself before others.  She even talked about it with Papa Geum.  But Papa Geum is unaware of what she did in order to get there.  How would he feel after knowing that she intentionally caused harm by lying about the fake kid.  I hope Papa Geum goes through the roof as get to know why Dr. Han moved out of his house and why he broke up with SH.

I was recollecting the conversation faker and Dr. Han and how uncalled it was for Faker to behave that way.  Faker was trying to put on a brave and authoritative face externally but  scared richard simmons inside.  I liked the way Dr. Han shut Faker up in the meeting. 

All these lies from these adults and it is sad to see these children suffering because of this.  I was saddened to see SH crying and asking Papa Geum if she was born out of love - sad to see a child go through life labelled as a love child , being sick and going through surgeries, feeling unwanted, unwelcome by siblings or parent, blamed for literally everything - what kind of self esteem can this person have?  In spite of all these, she grew up to be a decent optimistic person.  

How would Dr. Han remember his mother's friend.  NS as much as possible right now wants to go hide in a snake's pit.  She is scared he will recognize her and she has no explanations for him.  

Many of you have been right that there are not enough episodes to deal with the punishments for these scums, hopefully the writers are reading our forums and get the gist of what we are talking about.  Hopefully soompi will add a changes to current drama list in addition to the ratings.  

11 hours ago, jayakris said:

Maybe the only other thing was Faker telling NS straight that this was all because of her and that she shouldn't have asked him to be SJ.  That she should've revealed everything way back (hinting that he always wanted it to be revealed and that she prevented him).  Seeing NS not disagreeing, it is probably the truth. The Faker probably always felt guilty and wanted to leave but NS wouldn't let him, and then it came to a point where SH blackmailed him and he turned a confused evil mess.

@jayakris  I don't buy that faker wanted to leave crap before.. Faker like being seen as rich and the first heor to it all.. If he truly wanted to leave he could have left when he was studying oversees.. He could have sent a letter to his so called dad explaining he's a fake.. Even though he had to put up with NS mess but that's all it was to him was she was talking mess she brought him in to get what she wanted now it's only right that he gets what the heir supposed to get and you can't blame him for that. So hell no I don't think he's ever regreted being the fake he just regretting that they are about to be caught for there 30 years of decite..   

@shebagirl NS greed knows no bounds. She should be kick out on her kisters without nothing it's no way she can lie and say she didn't know that faker wasn't the real son.. I hope they don't go the route that they can't divorce for the son sake he's old enough to understand and handle it that his mom did it all for her greed for something that wasn't hers in the first place..

11 hours ago, Ldy Gmerm said:

SW wanted a family and warmth away from the abuse that he got from his father and knowing that JJ and JS were leaving and going to be with the rich family he too was very selfish and greedy and decided to show up with that pouch. I do not think NS had to convince him alot to assume JS's place because they did not know what happen to the real JS due to the confusion of that night. But if he really wanted to leave as he told NS then when he got to be 18 or even after getting a college education out of the Yoon's he could have done so coming clean. Both choose to stay for their on selfish reasons.

My sentiments exactly @Ldy Gmerm 

From JJ's conversation with NS, we now know JJ used to work for Madam Eun's late husband. NS asked JJ if she was going to live with the man who is the son of her boss.

Judging from the clothes Dr. Han and the faker were wearing, the fire might have started the day NS visited JJ in Namwon.

NS turned green with envy and then spite when she heard from a plain-looking JJ she was moving to the big city, Seoul. She barely managed to congratulate her and gave JJ her insincere blessings after finding out her BFF was going to be reunited with the father of their child. And his mother had also granted them her approval to live together.

NS could be thinking to herself how fortunate her simple and average looking friend was to be relocating to Seoul and would assume the position of the wife of a large corporation.

NS looked like she had just started out as an aspiring model who had abandoned her own sick baby because she was unable to pay for the medical treatment for her heart condition.

When the fire broke out and killed JJ, NS grabbed the opportunity to assume JJ's place in the Yoon's by switching the boys.

Notice how prominent NS's raccoon eyes were in episode 110 and in the episode when she found out SH is the daughter she left at the doorsteps of the orphanage.

NS is usually well-attired but her outfit yesterday looks like a spin-off from Alice Temperley's collection. No offense to those who are into lace. I am not particularly fond of the top NS was wearing yesterday.

Kudos to the actress playing NS as her contorted expressions and face twitching were on point.

She turned pale and was so out-of-place when she found out Dr. Han was already in the Yoon's. She also failed to play host or serve tea to her guest to the astonishment of JR.

I foresee @Ldy Gmerm's prediction coming true that NS will have to sacrifice her life to pay for all the sins she has committed.

It could be Madam Sa or MH trying to harm Dr. Han by plowing their car into him (again). I see NS pushing Dr. Han out of danger and she gets hit in the process. An unconscious NS is then rushed to the ER but the injuries she sustained as a result of protecting Dr. Han were so severe the doctors could do nothing to save her.

SH who has been hospitalized for her serious heart condition and excessive anxiety, needed a heart transplant in order to stand a chance at surviving. NS who was desperate to atone the heinous crimes she has committed, donated her heart to her daughter.

Dr. Han might be giving the faker a chance to redeem himself by asking him to confess he is a fake who has been living with the Yoon's for the last 30 years.

MH, Madam Sa and the faker are greedy and selfish crooks who are only concerned about how much they can take from the Yoon's before the guano hits the fan.

They expect Dr. Han to keep quiet and observe them while they devour and try to swindle as much money as they can from the Yoon's.

The Yoon's have been nice and kind to the the Baes and the faker. So it is atrocious, absurd and ghastly how MH, Madam Sa and the faker want to steal from them, just because they are wealthy.

MH really needs to take some (fashion) tips from her mom. Her over-sized canary yellow long vest really stood out yesterday.

To be fair, SN's blazer also looked ill-fitting. On a different note, SN should learn to be more tactful and not discuss or disclose personal information regarding SH's private life in an open office.

I like how papa Geum is giving Dr. Han (and himself) some space and time before they sit down and talk about the breakup and his leaving the Geum's.

It broke my heart to see SH's world collapsing following Dr. Han's sudden breakup with her. I couldn't stop crying when SH told papa Geum maybe "I'm probably not meant to love anyone." and went on to ask papa Geum if she was even born out of love since her birth mom abandoned her.

Dr. Han has to suppress his real feelings and emotions in front of SH and the Geum's. He at least has SH's lucky owl necklace to draw his strength from. SH is kept in the dark and has no idea how she should react to Dr. Han's sudden change of heart.

I can't wait for SH and Dr. Han to reunite.

DrHan said  to Shin Woo, 'You tell them and make things right' .... and I feel that this is a foreshadow of the revelation.... an incident that will make Shin Woo finally give up the charades and admit to the Yoon of the big cover up. My take is Seolhwa misfortunes to find herself not only abandoned as a baby because of her ailments, but that her one true man in her life, Papa Geum, is of no relation to her at all. Shin Woo had really love her and to see her suffer at the hands of MH bad mouthing is the straw that broke his silence. Somehow two men gave up so much just to protect Seolhwa from the threats of MH. Shin Woo was ever so determined to marry Seolhwa till the taping issue exposed by MH. Again she threatened to tell Seolhwa of her real mother, if DrHan revealed to the Yoon that he is the real Joon Sang. Such a garish character ... now I cannot decide who is worse ... NS or MH...?? Both are greedy and manipulative .... they do exist in Korea somehow, judging from the recent events ...:wacko: ..... oops ...

I am pretty sure the outburst by MH to NS do not stop at the one in the preview only. She must have also said along the line that  DrHan    broke up with Seolhwa because of her, and that NS had put Shin Woo at a disadvantage now that the President post is held by DrHan. Basically NS spoilt all MH plans to secure some comfort in terms of position and money for both of them, i.e. Shin Woo and MH, should DrHan revealed himself as the real Joon Sang. It somehow implied that the post will not be easily taken away even if Shin Woo Is exposed as fraud to the family. I suppose it is a foundation and not in the PJ Group. So no shareholders in the PJ Group can have a say in the Foundation. Most of the people in the Boards of the foundation are independent from PJ Group. So MH greed to position her husband was denied by none other than NS. She was fuming that she could not help letting it out to NS in the corridor. Very tactless and so unbecoming character. The Great Unwash, if I may say so ....  hee hee hee. 

Whatever, Seolhwa overhead them, she must have revealed herself to them, and the shocked from the facts must have given her heart the jolt to make her collapse. She had a few days of misery and this revelation just broke her heart ... literally so. For NS to cry at her bedside must have meant that her diagnosis was not very good. Again, two men will rally to her, one to assist her broken heart... DrHan, and the other Shin Woo, who will finally set the records right. Let's see ....

As for NS, I hope she is not going the direction as in the drama 'Highway to heaven' and donate her heart to Seolhwa...... no no no...! She will have to not be around in order for the reconciliation to take place and for DrHan to reunite with Seolhwa and marry her. Her death here is imminent, as I see it. 

Twist of story:

SW collapsed after learning that NS is her mother. That might not cut off greed of everyone. Perhaps SW might die from heart complications ... That will make SN give up everything and own up as she realised her greed caused her daughter to die. JS will reveal himself to Yoon family because he has lost SW. Nothing to protect anymore. MH mental hospital because she lost everything and then found out all her misery is caused by her mom who hit Dr Han causing him to stop being a surgeon & forgot her & who he is. Dr Han is reunited with his family but remains a surgeon n runs the foundation. Jisang will help Yoon to run the biz.

33 minutes ago, cheekychipmunk_stv said:

Twist of story:

SW collapsed after learning that NS is her mother. That might not cut off greed of everyone. Perhaps SW might die from heart complications ... That will make SN give up everything and own up as she realised her greed caused her daughter to die. JS will reveal himself to Yoon family because he has lost SW. Nothing to protect anymore. MH mental hospital because she lost everything and then found out all her misery is caused by her mom who hit Dr Han causing him to stop being a surgeon & forgot her & who he is. Dr Han is reunited with his family but remains a surgeon n runs the foundation. Jisang will help Yoon to run the biz.

I don't want anyone to die.  I want NS to pay for what she did.  If you kill off SH, then there is no more protecting or hiding things.  But still the Faker, NS, MH, and Madam Sa will never give up their greed.  Until they face the consequences.  

I do think Dr. Han will start practicing and will run the foundation and probably run the entire company.  Ji - sang will eventually have a big brother and a step sister / sister in law and all the scums will be either in prison , mental hospital 

10 hours ago, angelwingssf said:

All these lies from these adults and it is sad to see these children suffering because of this.  I was saddened to see SH crying and asking Papa Geum if she was born out of love - sad to see a child go through life labelled as a love child , being sick and going through surgeries, feeling unwanted, unwelcome by siblings or parent, blamed for literally everything - what kind of self esteem can this person have?  In spite of all these, she grew up to be a decent optimistic person.  

How would Dr. Han remember his mother's friend.  NS as much as possible right now wants to go hide in a snake's pit.  She is scared he will recognize her and she has no explanations for him.  

Many of you have been right that there are not enough episodes to deal with the punishments for these scums, hopefully the writers are reading our forums and get the gist of what we are talking about.  Hopefully soompi will add a changes to current drama list in addition to the ratings.  

sorry to cut your post. 

It was very sad as well that Seol Hwa was crying her heart out to Papa G asking if she was meant to love anyone? There was bound to be emotional scars on Seol Hwa for how she came into the world. The truth is a bit worse that her mother abandoned her. Even if it was for her heart condition imagine hearing she was not healthy enough to be kept so he mother abandoned her. It basically says I threw you away and hoped someone would be able to help you. Luckily someone did but that family suffered for the financial strain. If they could find away NS could have.  The shock that she does not even have ties to Papa G on top of Dr. Han leaving her and finding out her mother is NS who abandoned her will be too much for her. Hearing possibly that Dr. Han is the real JS and her mother and faker have been living well taking his place is too much. Add in that Ji-Sang is her half brother well that is a recipe for her to completely collapse. 

There will be nothing that NS can say to Dr. Han once he remembers her. He is smart enough to know she would know that SW was not the real JS and that she purposely did not say anything and took his moms place as well. Nothing she can say to him to make up for it because a lie about not recognizing him would not even fly. 

@sk0317

I too saw NS's actions around the time of the fire as selfish. JJ did all the heavy lifting, getting everyone up , saving her son and NS ran out behind them doing nothing but saving herself not bothering to help the other boy which made JJ have to go back to get SW since he was in her care. Then instead of staying with JS like she was asked she left him to run back to the fire. Never bothering to make sure he was in a safe place and not afraid. Her promise to bring his mother back as well failed.

I too think its a good possibility that MH will finally completely loose it at the truth about to come out or coming out and try to harm Dr. Han and/or Seol Hwa. For her she lost everything and blames them for it. She very well could try to run them over or try something else and end up getting NS who makes the ultimate sacrifice in pushing Dr. Han aside , Seol Hwa or both. 

I think that Papa G is doing the same thing giving Dr. Han time and then going to him to talk to him about what is really going on. Its a conversation that needs to happen in order for Papa G to find out who his mother is and what happen to JJ.  I think the photo will come out and Dr. Han will recognize a younger NS in it asking who is that she came to visit and Papa G will tell him its NS and then it will all fit for him that NS was part of it as well if not the mastermind.

I too can not wait for Dr. Han and Seol Hwa to reunite. 

@shebagirl

I think as well that Faker is going to be made to finally come out and tell the truth. It will be a combination of Seol Hwa being ill , his own guilt finally making him do the right thing and MH doing something crazy. Perhaps MH loosing it and trying to harm Seol Hwa and/or Dr. Han will finally wake him up to what he was doing, what he stole from his childhood friend JS. The sacrifice JJ made for him and the request that was made of him that he did not fulfill.

There is no doubt that MH will let out all her frustration at NS who she sees as having ruined her plans. MH has a tendency to run her mouth and she goes all out when she feels she has been done wrong so all her spite and all the knowledge she has will come spewing out of her mouth for someone to hear. I would wish it was Ji-Sang to hear it or SN as well because both of them will run and tell others. But from the preview it may just be Seol Hwa who hears the truth of her birth and why Dr. Han Broke up with her. 

She did not even stay put with YJS and left him all by himself to go see where JJ was.  That was also wrong leaving a child without an adult.

Great post and I share the same sentiments as you @angelwingssf!

Sorry to shorten your post. I was appalled to see how NS actually left the poor boy alone while she made her way back to check if JJ was alright.

It might just prove NS has little maternal instincts having abandoned her own child due to poverty.

This niggling thought has been going through my mind...had JJ not perished in that fire, I think she would have taken the faker along with her and Dr. Han to live with the Yoon's.

Knowing JJ and how kind and generous she was, she wouldn't have thought of leaving her neighbor's kid at an orphanage just because his father was nowhere to be found and she was planning to start a new life with her family in Seoul.

The faker confronted NS after he found out from MH NS was likely the anonymous donor who helped solved Dr. Han's inadequate budget problem.

The faker told her he resented her and she should have told the Yoon's who they really were in the beginning. My question is, would the Yoon's have taken them in graciously and treated them just the same just because they were the last persons who saw JJ alive?

JJ left Dr. Han in NS's care when she returned to her house to get the faker. Despite being allocated with the task to bring JJ's son to safety, NS lost sight of him and he is presumed dead because he was missing from the place she had left him.

I also like how Dr. Han shuts the faker down with his rebuttals and enjoy seeing the faker swallowing his saliva to contain his nervousness in front of Dr. Han.

Notice how Dr. Han's pretty-like-a doll PA is always sitting in front of her desk and staring into her computer.

On a different note, SN asked Ji Sang "Do men usually turn away coldly after they break up?" Ji Sang's reply was, "Well, a few guys who are straightforward do." "I'm a bit like that too."

Was the writer trying to show the viewers how the half-brothers could be alike?:)

@Ldy Gmerm

I love the expression on NS's face when she heard Dr. Han telling JR his memory has returned and he has found his family. NS had earlier hidden part of the findings for fire that occurred around Yocheon River in 1988.

Dr. Han is telling the Yoon's and NS he doesn't even need to go through the documents JR had asked Mr. Choi to prepare because he now knows who his blood family is.

BTW I teared up watching a 36 y.o. Dr. Han paying his respects to his mom. JJ was born in 1961 so that means she was only 26 when she perished tragically in that fire.

I love papa Geum and Dr. Han's relationship. I can't wait for Dr. Han to call him to have a little talk. After their talk, papa Geum will understand why Dr. Han has chosen to distance himself from SH and the Geum's although all of them ended up feeling hurt, angry and 'betrayed'.

@sk0317

I loved her expression too. I do not understand why she seemed to be so shocked. Faker warned her that he had his memory back and knew who he was so that meant he also knew who his family was. If you look at her she was trying to hide beside JR and hide her face from him as well so he could not recognize her from back then.

As I mentioned above any or the paper work that JR's assistant found and if given to Dr. Han will not matter. He has already had someone dig up all the information. NS hiding that report from 1988 was mute and it is only designed for someone else to find it and see her name in it bringing her lie about not knowing JJ well into light. Not only did she know her, grew up with her but she was there the night she died and was one of the 3 persons she saved. NS's lies are about to come to roost. I am hoping Madam Eun or Ji-Sang finds that document but I am ok with JR finding it. If I had to make a 3rd guess then MH could find it. It would explain to her why faker told her to not say anything to NS. I do not think that MH knows that NS was there the night of the fire or that she knew JJ as she grew up with NS and Papa G as well.

Like you mentioned above Dr. Han was letting Madam Eun and JR know he already knows who he is and who his family is so anything they may have found was appreciated but not needed. It is also putting notice to them (and to spread that word to Faker and MH to make them sweat) that he will be making contact with his family. JR is so eager to hear that he has his memory and knows his family. How much eagerness will he have to learn that Dr. Han is the real JS and a fake was in their mist?

44 minutes ago, Ldy Gmerm said:

@sk0317

I loved her expression too. I do not understand why she seemed to be so shocked. Faker warned her that he had his memory back and knew who he was so that meant he also knew who his family was. If you look at her she was trying to hide beside JR and hide her face from him as well so he could not recognize her from back then.

It was hilarious watching her expression.  It will continue to the next episode.  She cannot even look him in the eye when she talks.  She is constantly covering her face as if she is straightening her hair.  She did that when she was crying in the bedroom and JR walked in.  

As I mentioned above any or the paper work that JR's assistant found and if given to Dr. Han will not matter. He has already had someone dig up all the information. NS hiding that report from 1988 was mute and it is only designed for someone else to find it and see her name in it bringing her lie about not knowing JJ well into light. Not only did she know her, grew up with her but she was there the night she died and was one of the 3 persons she saved. NS's lies are about to come to roost. I am hoping Madam Eun or Ji-Sang finds that document but I am ok with JR finding it. If I had to make a 3rd guess then MH could find it. It would explain to her why faker told her to not say anything to NS. I do not think that MH knows that NS was there the night of the fire or that she knew JJ as she grew up with NS and Papa G as well.

True, Information that would be given by JR's assistant would be moot.  But what is important right now is the photograph of JJ, Papa Geum and NS and I think that Papa Geum will meet Dr. Han at the temple where he seems Dr. Han mother and seeing her picture there and realizing who Dr. Han is will floor him.  He will probably make a copy of the picture and give it to Dr. Han for keep safe.  This will probably be the key to figuring out who NS is and he will let Papa Geum know about his mother's friend visiting them that day and how he was left alone to fend for himself.  

Like you mentioned above Dr. Han was letting Madam Eun and JR know he already knows who he is and who his family is so anything they may have found was appreciated but not needed. It is also putting notice to them (and to spread that word to Faker and MH to make them sweat) that he will be making contact with his family. JR is so eager to hear that he has his memory and knows his family. How much eagerness will he have to learn that Dr. Han is the real JS and a fake was in their mist?

JR does not know Dr. Han is his son.  But he is so open and free with him than he has ever been with Faker.  Even when Dr. Han did not know JR was his father, he was very comfortable talking to him, discussing stuff, seeing that they see eye to eye in most ideas, issues and likings.  It is like they are cut from the same fabric of cloth.  So is Ji -sang in his actions, and behavior.  The writer must be implicitly making these scenes to give the viewers that they are alike and even before the actual parties get to know each other, the viewers are making these connections already.  Faker is already walking on eggshells and I  (sadist) love it and I hope SN and Ji-sang see and overhear conversations and wonder what is going on?   I think both JR and Grandma will be flabbergasted when they find out that their actual JS has endured so much pain and suffering and still turned out so beautiful in the end, and the fake they raised is nothing but a piece of trash (not even helping his own father, lying his way, disrespecting his father, etc.,  ).   So, maybe this is the reason why most Korean (Asians) care about bloodline.  Even though to me it means moot, because it all depends on how you are raised than your genes (even though it may play a part in it), many asians do believe in it.   

Many of you Chingus have talked about NS sacrificing her life for her daughter for abandoning her and that her heart could be implanted into SH.  That would be too easy a route, because dying is not teaching proper principles for all the evil and havoc she has done so far.  Also, how much of additional baggage must SH carry.  Having her mother heart will mean that SH will become evil like her.  Even though abandoning her was done due to inadequacy of funds and not enough moral support,( being an orphan - it would have been much more difficult and none of her friends could lend a hand,) she has regretted doing that.  Many a times, I have seen NS drifting off into space thinking about the girl she gave up and telling Ji-sang 's picture that she is giving him all the love and hope it reaches her.  Even though I can forgive her for the first part, I cannot really forgive her for the part where she did not look for her friends son and transplanted a fake, so that she could have a cushy life.  Even then she was vile to the child she brought in.  If she had done a better job of taking care of the Fake and raising him well, then I would have mixed feelings about her punishment.  But right now, I am in for MAX punishment for NS.  Not an ounce of pity do I feel for her.  

@sk0317 - loved your post.  I really dig the relationship that Dr. Han has built with Papa Geum and also Mama Geum and I hope Dr. Han would want to introduce Papa Geum  to his mother and the ball of yarn will start unravelling from that side too.  Papa Geum is too naive to think NS is a nice person.  She is nothing but greedy, ambitious and vile human being.  I hated her when she was abusing SH verbally in the beginning.   Whether she was with Faker or not, does not give her the authority to abuse another.  Then she turned 180 being all nice and SH is stupid to think that she is a good person.  IMO - people don't change much from their original character.  Just like you, I cried seeing him at the temple for the first time talking to his mother.  

@sk0317 - loved your post.  I really dig the relationship that Dr. Han has built with Papa Geum and also Mama Geum and I hope Dr. Han would want to introduce Papa Geum  to his mother and the ball of yarn will start unravelling from that side too.  Papa Geum is too naive to think NS is a nice person.  She is nothing but greedy, ambitious and vile human being.  I hated her when she was abusing SH verbally in the beginning.   Whether she was with Faker or not, does not give her the authority to abuse another.  Then she turned 180 being all nice and SH is stupid to think that she is a good person.  IMO - people don't change much from their original character.  Just like you, I cried seeing him at the temple for the first time talking to his mother.

My sentiments exactly @angelwingssf!

After the whole ordeal, what I would love to see is papa Geum, JR and Dr. Han having a drink together and bonding. Ji Sang can join them for drinks another time.

I also think and agree with you that "a leopard can't change its spots" although the writer has tried to show NS in some good light.

If I were JR, I would certainly have doubts as to why his wife's behavior and attitude toward Dr. Han and SH can take a drastic change overnight.

NS only started treating SH well and nice after finding out she is her biological daughter. Before she found out SH is related to her, Ji Sang was the dear child she has and the only focus in her life. I am just thankful and glad Ji Sang has grown up and turned out to be nothing like his mom.

Now NS's guilt is making her do whatever she can for SH to be happy to make up for abandoning her when she was a baby. She has even taken the liberty to help Dr. Han win the election without his knowledge by making a sizable donation to the foundation anonymously.

We know her goodwill backfired big time as the man she graciously helped turns out to be the poor boy she 'abandoned' despite being asked to look after his safety by her BFF.

I wish Dr. Han will start recalling more details pertaining to the fire. It will make him understand it was the 'aunt' and not his own mother who 'abandoned' him in the flashbacks he sometime has.

I too love how NS is now on tenterhooks and she behaved like a fugitive who has her face plastered on a wanted list all over SK. Like the faker, she is also walking on eggshells and she is now at Dr. Han's mercy as she is unsure when he would start remembering her as the 'aunt' who visited her mom probably shortly before her untimely death.

I bet NS wished there was a hole somewhere in the Yoon's she could hide as she cowered in fear of being recognized and ousted. She probably also wished she has longer hair to act as her security blanket and to hide her face in front of Dr. Han and his sharp and penetrating eyes.

I do wonder how the trio photo will resurface to lead Dr. Han to make the connection that JJ, NS and papa Geum are related and grew up in the same orphanage.

Like you suggested, it would be nice if Dr. Han could bring papa Geum to the temple behind the Yoon's to show him his mom.

Papa Geum has only been 'violent' on a few occasions. He hit Dr. Han with a service tray until he passed out thinking he was an intruder and thief. He also hit MK with the same service tray when he found out he got DN pregnant.

There was also the time papa Geum stepped in to stop the thugs from abducting Dr. Han under the orders of Madam Sa to remove him from SK.

Papa Geum could slap and choke NS like what @Ldy Gmerm has written in her post upthread when he finds out NS has lied to him about not knowing JJ's whereabouts despite plotting and scheming to take over JJ's place as the lady of PJ Group.

There will be a lot crying and grieving when the truth on how JJ had died become known to JR, papa Geum and Madam Eun. JR would be horrified to find out he has been sleeping with the 'enemy' all these years.

All three of them will lament and look back thinking more could have been done to prevent JJ from meeting her tragic death. Such a trusting, sweet soul and pure angel JJ was. JJ failed to see and sense the resentment and jealousy NS had when the two women met and chatted after their reunion.

On a different note,

To all mothers on this forum:

%E3%83%8F%E3%83%8A%E3%82%AF%E3%83%9E.jpg

Happy Mother's Day!!

Archived