[Drama 2016-2017] Golden Pouch 황금주머니, Mon-Frid 20:55. Thanks for all your support!

0ly40

_6ZmM7.gif

I just realised the significance of this ... if thé gloves SH bought for SW has red string (I'm pretty sure it is)  ... him putting it around SW and then pull her towards him ... Wow! It's stating he owns her. Red string's signify a couple union.

I kept wondering why the director show this part. I mean he can just give it to her, right. Why does SH needs to put the string around her and then tug the strings to pull SW towards him. At that moment, SW seriously felt something for SH. She became very aware of SH.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, shebagirl said:

I have mentioned about the other girl in the photo which father Geum often referred to. SW mother is the one on the left, the gentle girl on the right fits Joo Sang's personality too. Or she could be HS mother. She was softly spoken, and had a gentle demeanour, more like Joo Sang and/ or Dr Han. Both these actors are good gentle people from good stocks, as portrayed in this drama... am not referring them in real life. So I need more hints to enable me to pinpoint who are the real parents of these two lead guys .... makes good Son in law material...... Hee Hee Hee ....

@shebagirl  Barf if any of them end up with crazy mama daughter, I won't mom to realkly see how much damage she has caused her own kids

@sava2sava which crazy mama you are referring to..?  Most in this drama are psychopath .. Hee Hee Hee.  Of course MinKyu mother beats the lot. She is 'money crazy' as much as Mdm Geum, but more evil and mean. I do not think Min Hee will have any suitors. The Yoon grandma had an instant dislike to her. In fact Yoon Father did mention to his Wife to stay away from MK Mother cos she is known to be a ruthless money lenders, always try to destroy someone's businesses.  She has a bad reputation in the business circle.  

5 hours ago, shebagirl said:

@sava2sava which crazy mama you are referring to..?  Most in this drama are psychopath .. Hee Hee Hee.  Of course MinKyu mother beats the lot. She is 'money crazy' as much as Mdm Geum, but more evil and mean. I do not think Min Hee will have any suitors. The Yoon grandma had an instant dislike to her. In fact Yoon Father did mention to his Wife to stay away from MK Mother cos she is known to be a ruthless money lenders, always try to destroy someone's businesses.  She has a bad reputation in the business circle.  

@shebagirl  Money loving crazy mama (Dr. Mom) And yes this is the mom I was talking about every drama I have seen her in she has always been stuck on being rich and a person of society.. Her very greed always caused her down fall so let's see how she gets her just desert..

I'm so sick of the young Guen daughter blaming SW for anything goes wrong in that house SW don't have to be there nor knows whats going on but it's her fault.. I'm looking forward to her finding out she can't marry into that family and why.

I just thought of a plot twist what if she go into the family trying to take SW place since she feels that SW owes her family all she ever wanted to be is rich so this could be her chance since SW mom don't know who she is..

How much more indignity and suffering writer wants to impose on the Geum family....??? It is so painful to see all of them witnessing the downfall of the Father, and the closure of their livelihood. Only positive part is that they are remained united despite the misfortune. SH stood behind them like a rock, supporting the girls at every turn of events. Such admirable display of brotherly strengths, unwavering and a dependable gentleman. My hats to SH .... even MK is lending his physical self, though I wish he would rattle on his mother's involvement. ... that should shorten everyone's agony, and the episodes too ....

I wish they had given the words to the song that Ahn Nae Sang aka Papa Geum was singing! Damn! Enough writer! Now that the shop is sold, how in the world will things be turned around? And tell me, why doesn't MK have his OWN money?! He works as a freaking doctor!! Does he let his mother control every thing?! I too am sick of little sister! I really don't want her ending up with Ji Sang! No! Never! SH was so sweet in this! His calming effect on everyone is being seen now. Step mom to JS using emotional blackmail? Disgusting! So, now that Daddy rich got his wish and his son is going to the company, what will he do for the Geum family? Not seeing any other rainbow to come in this drama. Still not feeling JS/Seol Hwa one bit.....he's a wuss! He can't protect himself, he damn sure couldn't protect Seol Hwa!! The rest of Bae family....skip for now. Money-grubber mom will get hers for sure...but WHEN?!! We need to see a little karma thrown back on her NOW!

I find it very funny that Madam Sa has done all this damage to people trying to protect the fact she hit Dr. Han with her car giving him amnesia and hurting his hand. An accident has turned into so much more the min she became afraid he would get back at her if he knew the truth. All to make sure no one can give him support or help him get his memory back.  

Spoiler

She deludes her idiot Dr son into thinking its for him and continues to do bad things when all she needed to do was leave that man alone along with that family. Now she has affected others in her quest to keep that family and Dr. Han from learning the truth. She thinks she has a chance to marry into that family and gain acceptance in that social structure by a connection as an in law and she is going to get a big surprise when she learns that the only one liking her is 2nd wife. Her bad reputation proceeds her and Halmoni sees through her and her daughter as well. I look forward to her finding out that she ruined the tv show that both grandsons were working on in her quest to hurt the Geum's and Dr. Han. But I can't wait to see her face when she meets JS again as the grandson.

Her daughter comes back and shoots daggers at anyone around him mad that he was never happy like that with her. Can anyone remember in the earlier episodes of her doing anything for him to truly make him smile at her like that and seem happy? His personality was cold but I never saw this girl do anything but create more issues with her controlling mother. She keeps mentioning that the family is fake but as you can see that family dynamic has turned into a real one. And it all started with her trying to lie to her mother about his having family. 

Now she sits back being bitter that he has new people in his life and is close to SH and does not remember her or this love they had. She completely forgets that as his fiance and love SHE should have stood by him to help him through his memory loss and his issues with his work. All she did was listen to her mother who played on her insecurities but she also did not want to stay with a sick man or else she would have never have left him. 

The way I see it she will jump on that band wagon to go after one or both of the grandsons. I think JS will be the one she most wants. Her crazy will come when she realizes that JS likes SH the woman she sees as having taking Dr. Han from her (that did not happen at all but she is deluded) and now SH knows JS and is around him too. Jealousy will rear its ugly head in this girl and I see her mother's tendency's in her. Until she gets that big slap down with the truth of what happen that night she was suppose to marry Dr. Han and that her brother killed that man and put it on Dr. Han she will think SH is the cause of her issues and is a road block for her. I can see her lying to JS's stepmom about SH causing that woman to be nasty to SH who has done nothing.. Until she finds out who's daughter she is suppose to be and how close she has been working with her half brother and JS.  

On to the sniveling brother of hers.. He is upset that she tried to hurt that family but he does not tell that she did it. He does not go and confess his crime so that that family is not hurt. (Of course he is under the delusion that his mother is doing all of this to protect him and will be mad when he realizes it was not for him at all but herself and it just gave her an excuse to use. My main point is instead of running away he should have gone to the hospital and told the truth. He should have told that family as well why (he thought) she did that to them. Mostly he should not go to their house to stay and eat when his mother has it out for them. They have just lost everything and then you come to be taken in? 

Let me go on and say I am really sick of that family dumping on SH when things go wrong. Why is it her fault he sold the shop and gave back the compensation money to the production company. even if it was to save her job. He would have done that for any of those children or that wife of his who likes to con people! Why is it so bad that he does this to help SH or to take care of a mess that points to him as having ruined things with his pretend crimes. SH was against him doing this but it was not this situation that did it. (It is Madam Sa and it will be interesting when they finally have enough evidence to prove she caused the broadcast to be canceled and why.) They are always so very quick turn on her and blame her. I guess the younger sisters jealousy finally got to the mom. How easy was it for her to go from you are my daughter to leave me alone. It should be interesting what they have to say when they realize who her bio mom is. 

The dad should have talked to someone before doing this as JS had already made deals to not have them pay it back. My thing is will these people give back that money when the truth comes out that it was someone with a grudge and fabricated? That they did not even bother to investigate and dig deeper just assumed the story was true. Now what will they do? I guess this is where Dr. Han and SH join up to help take care of that family by starting their own dumpling shop. Will any of them (besides dad and maybe athletic sis help?)

Now on to stepmom of JS. This woman is going to really get it in her treatment of JS. I see parallel situations happening here. She treats JS bad constantly accusing him and being mean on the sly. And yet her own daughter suffers some of that treatment by the youngest sister and at times the mom. (parallels). It should be interesting if JS does turn out to be their missing son. They raised her daughter and she was suppose to raise their son but was threatened by him. Mostly I would like her to be stunned at the fact she met her daughter but also that her daughter has witnessed her being nasty to JS and does not like her very much. 

I have been waiting on the part where Dr. Han starts making dumplings.. 

Ooh ... we might get to see SH finally knows that SW is adopted on Monday. Will we see romance between our OTP soon?

Poor SW ... she was really hurt when her mom rejected her. 

The younger sister really needs to be slap. She always blames SW for everything.  She didn't even work nor contribute to thensure family and lied to her friends that her family is rich. Now the mom is doing the same to SW. The mom is the biggest joke. She gambled away $$$ and lost their $$$. Who bail her out? SW  Not even her own biologicalhelped to pay off her debts.

I wonder why Pspa Geum dotés on SW so much. Who is she really?  Even the mom get all jealous over his love for SW. When he sold his store for sake of SW, she flipped and I can understand her but still she shouldn't take it out on SW. To Mama Geum, papa Geum would not even think of selling his store (which is super precious to him) to help pay off her debts but he did it for SW.

I really hate JS stepmother.  She is really sick person. So 2 head snake. In front of JS father & grandma,  so demure and supportive of JS but once they are out of ear shot, she dig her claws om JS.

Come on JS ... be à man. If stepmother is so mean to you for so many years, why keep yearning for her love and recognition as her son. Forget about her and lay claim your rightful seat as heir to the Co.  

@cheekychipmunk_stv Your statement 'Come on JS ... be à man. If stepmother is so mean to you for so many years...' is exactly why I don't care for him. Sure, I understand the need for a mother's love but dammit, he never had it and he has the upper hand!  My need to die list is getting fat: MK's mom is number one!! The preview showing MK going to their house knowing what his family is responsible makes me dislike him even more!

On 2017/1/1 at 4:53 AM, cheekychipmunk_stv said:

Ooh ... we might get to see SH finally knows that SW is adopted on Monday. Will we see romance between our OTP soon?

Poor SW ... she was really hurt when her mom rejected her. 

The younger sister really needs to be slap. She always blames SW for everything.  She didn't even work nor contribute to thensure family and lied to her friends that her family is rich. Now the mom is doing the same to SW. The mom is the biggest joke. She gambled away $$$ and lost their $$$. Who bail her out? SW  Not even her own biologicalhelped to pay off her debts.

I wonder why Pspa Geum dotés on SW so much. Who is she really?  Even the mom get all jealous over his love for SW. When he sold his store for sake of SW, she flipped and I can understand her but still she shouldn't take it out on SW. To Mama Geum, papa Geum would not even think of selling his store (which is super precious to him) to help pay off her debts but he did it for SW.

I really hate JS stepmother.  She is really sick person. So 2 head snake. In front of JS father & grandma,  so demure and supportive of JS but once they are out of ear shot, she dig her claws om JS.

Come on JS ... be à man. If stepmother is so mean to you for so many years, why keep yearning for her love and recognition as her son. Forget about her and lay claim your rightful seat as heir to the Co.  

Happy belated New Year to all posters here! I hope viewership for Golden Pouch will pick up in 2017 and will attract more posters to comment and share their views on this forum.:)

I agree with you @cheekychipmunk_stv. In the Guem's family, only daddy and Sul Hwa actually work. The rest are officially unemployed. DN, mom and Dr. Han used to help out in the dumpling store as family "employees". DN and mom created problems before running away from their home in the beginning of this drama. SN is always seen preparing for interviews and continues to dream of becoming an announcer. I hope she never becomes one and has to humble herself to help in the Geum's new dumpling shop in future. I also don't want to see her or MH end up with the "wuss" Joon Sang or his half brother, Ji Sang. Both of these women don't deserve to be married into money.

DN is unemployed but at least she is good natured. As much as I like the scenes of her with the whinny MK, he does need to come clean and stand up for justice and to his very evil and wicked thug of a mom. How much longer and how much more damage to the Guem's is required of his mom before he breaks his golden silence and defense of his money-is-everything mom? I guess she controls all the finances so well and asks her son to repay her for putting him through medical school. That is why he has no savings or money of his own and has to live off the Guem's although he gathered enough courage to leave home. His moneylender mom made Dr. Han sign the contract to "buy" her daughter before grudgingly agreeing to their marriage in the earlier episodes. All things in life can be quantified (money) in the beady eyes of the devilish woman.

I wonder if Joon Sang's step mom and Sul Hwa's dad were a couple before they parted ways. I think she is looking for him in the hope of locating her long lost daughter through her involvement with charity work in orphanages. The daughter Sul Hwa's dad brought to his wife and family might not be a product of his relationship with Joon Sang's step mom. She might be pregnant with another man's child, gave birth to her and left her in the care of Sul Hwa's dad before disappearing.

In episode 35, it's so wrong for mommy Geum to ignore SH after finding out about the sale of the family's dumpling store to pay off the penalty and loss incurred by SH's production company. I know she was confused, mad and disappointed. But letting SN's tongue wagged without control and restraint does make her as guilty as SN. Talk about money and time invested in SN's pursuit of her dream job. She is considered "old" in the eyes of the other aspiring announcers and should have given up on her unrealistic dream long along. But daddy Geum continues to support her and pay for her although his investment in SN is clearly yielding little success. You can't compare money that was spent on SH and her heart surgery. It was a matter between life and death. SN obviously doesn't see SH as her sister despite all these years and SH's efforts to fit in and have little or no respect for her.

Yes!! The "wuss" should have shown his step mom what he has in him. He should put in his two cents worth just like the way he confronted SH's superior in episode 35. He has no reason to be nice with his step mom since time and again she has shown him her real motives and underlying agenda. He should play smart and deal with her directly knowing his grandmother is always on his side.

Let's see how the "wuss" is going to join hands with Dr. Han to help rebuild the Guem's reputation and livelihood.

On 2016/12/31 at 11:19 PM, Ldy Gmerm said:

I find it very funny that Madam Sa has done all this damage to people trying to protect the fact she hit Dr. Han with her car giving him amnesia and hurting his hand. An accident has turned into so much more the min she became afraid he would get back at her if he knew the truth. All to make sure no one can give him support or help him get his memory back.  

Madam Sa could have uprooted her money lending business and her family after her heinous crime. She feared her sudden disappearance would raise suspicions so she had chosen to stay put. I have no doubts she could have built another money lending empire in a new area/place with her ruthlessness.

Her stupidity to harm and attack the Guem's who are kindly housing and helping Dr. Han is going to come back to bite her real hard. In episode 35, I thought for a minute Dr. Han's memory has returned after he witnessed Ji Sang's GM lying on the ground apparently having suffered a heart failure. I hope his memory is restored soon to send some fear, shame and "remorse" to those who chose not to believe in him and caused him to suffer in agony and confusion.

For a start, I hope Madam Sa's sidekick or her son finds her golden toad and keeps it!! It should drive her nuts as she believes in rituals and superstitions.

On 2016/12/31 at 8:54 AM, cheekychipmunk_stv said:

If think SW got fired from her job ... that's why she and SH ended up together setting up the dumpling biz ... it is for their father ... to continue his dream. Yes SH is the rock for Geum family. They need someone calm, strong and smart to help them. 

SH and Dr. Han share the same initials "S.H.":)

The poster for Golden Pouch shows Dr. Han and SH wearing brown waist aprons. I hope Dr. Han gets and has the final say to the taste and seasoning of the dumplings in their new dumpling shop. We all know how bad SH is with cooking:sweatingbullets:.

Dr. Han has shown he is good at almost everything he puts his heart into. He is an excellent surgeon, cooks well and is a quick learner.

Whiny MK working at the new shop will be a blow to his evil mom although he has not done enough to admit he has prescribed a wrong dosage that led to the death of an innocent man and come clean to clear Dr. Han's name. His failure to do so clearly shows he lacks the integrity and moral standards to practice medicine and he's right to take leave and should eventually quit the medical profession. It's a very small start though...

Did daddy Geum pick up his dumpling skills and seasoning from someone who used to live in Dr. Han's hometown? That could explain why Dr. Han thinks and thought the Guem's are his real long lost parents who had abandoned him.

Ooh... thé dating game will start tonight. Now that JS has openly declared that he likes SH (SW) to Dr Han ... stamping his property ownership on SW. Dr Han looked surprised or taken aback. Why? I thought his male hunter hormone already sniffed out the competitor in JS.

Looks like stepmother really misses the baby she abandoned.  Papa Geum still zipped about the mother of SW.

JS grandma looks at Dr Han very fondly like her own grandson making JS rather uneasy (I could be wrong her in my impression of JS reaction).

Everyone at Geum household told MK to go home. Lol ... I think he should stay athere Geum and start earning $$$ to contribute to the family since he is part of the blame for Geum family misfortune.  That will drive his mom nuts. And under the Geum family influence, he will grow to bea better man with Papa Geumas a role model of a father and husband.

This episode makes me realised the severity of Dr Han's injury. His nerve is badly damaged that he can no longer to even work as doctor in hospital. I wonder if he can be a GP.

Tonight's épisode will be very interesting.  Mdm Sa came face to face with JS and learnt that she has ruin the show of both her prospective SIL and JS has witness her being nasty to SW and her family. On top of that he knows MH was SH fiance and dumped SH after his accident. 

Lol ... tonight we see Dr Han fishing I go from SW on her feelings for JS. And we get to see our OTP hold hands. :wub:

16 hours ago, sk0317 said:

I also don't want to see her or MH end up with the "wuss" Joon Sang or his half brother, Ji Sang. Both of these women don't deserve to be married into money.

I doubt the wuss will end up with anyone! At the end, he'll pack up and leave when he can't get the girl. A girl that he hasn't truly and effectively declared his intentions to personally but tries to be a manly man by throwing it in SHm (Seok Hoon male) face! Such a wuss! Boy I dislike his character! I imagine we will see jealousy in the future, the more he sees how well SHf (Seol Hwa female) and SHm get along! But yet lets his step mom talk mucho trash! 

BTW, when is the wuss supposed to "help" the Geums? SHm has done more for that family than he has! Wuss!! ( I know! I'm making my dislike known now!)

3 hours ago, NewKDramaAddict said:

I doubt the wuss will end up with anyone! At the end, he'll pack up and leave when he can't get the girl. A girl that he hasn't truly and effectively declared his intentions to personally but tries to be a manly man by throwing it in SHm (Seok Hoon male) face! Such a wuss! Boy I dislike his character! I imagine we will see jealousy in the future, the more he sees how well SHf (Seol Hwa female) and SHm get along! But yet lets his step mom talk mucho trash! 

BTW, when is the wuss supposed to "help" the Geums? SHm has done more for that family than he has! Wuss!! ( I know! I'm making my dislike known now!)

Laughing You got me @NewKDramaAddict. The wuss would probably stay locked up in his room whining if he fails to get the girl of his dream bigsmile.gif. SHf should never be deceived by such a wuss as he can't even stand up to his own step mom. He wouldn't be able to defend her if the step mom finds out she is an adopted child.

All the wuss could think of is to hand Dr. Han an envelope filled with money:sweatingbullets: after the "scandal". What about finding a new location for a new dumpling shop and offering an apology and explanation on his popular blog "Table for Two" on behalf of daddy Geum (Has the wuss done this already)? TBH I didn't watch episodes 33 and 34 as I couldn't bear seeing daddy Geum sabotaged and framed:tears:.

5 hours ago, cheekychipmunk_stv said:

Ooh... thé dating game will start tonight. Now that JS has openly declared that he likes SH (SW) to Dr Han ... stamping his property ownership on SW. Dr Han looked surprised or taken aback. Why? I thought his male hunter hormone already sniffed out the competitor in JS.

Looks like stepmother really misses the baby she abandoned.  Papa Geum still zipped about the mother of SW.

JS grandma looks at Dr Han very fondly like her own grandson making JS rather uneasy (I could be wrong her in my impression of JS reaction).

Everyone at Geum household told MK to go home. Lol ... I think he should stay athere Geum and start earning $$$ to contribute to the family since he is part of the blame for Geum family misfortune.  That will drive his mom nuts. And under the Geum family influence, he will grow to bea better man with Papa Geumas a role model of a father and husband.

This episode makes me realised the severity of Dr Han's injury. His nerve is badly damaged that he can no longer to even work as doctor in hospital. I wonder if he can be a GP.

Tonight's épisode will be very interesting.  Mdm Sa came face to face with JS and learnt that she has ruin the show of both her prospective SIL and JS has witness her being nasty to SW and her family. On top of that he knows MH was SH fiance and dumped SH after his accident. 

Lol ... tonight we see Dr Han fishing I go from SW on her feelings for JS. And we get to see our OTP hold hands. :wub:

Plot twist: What if Dr. Han is actually the son of Mr. Yoon's first wife? And Joon Sang is the presumed dead son of the Geum's?

A real pity the nerves in Dr. Han's right hand have been so severely damaged by the devious and ruthless Madam Sa. His instincts kicked in when he saw Ji Sang's GM lying on the ground. I was really hoping Dr. Han's memory would be restored after performing CPR on the elderly lady.

Nobody in his/her right mind would want to stay or live with Madam Sa Smiley. So I understand MK's unwillingness to return to the Manor of Doom. The Geum's will have to buy another set of futon/bedding as MK is really tall and lanky.

Archived