[Drama 2016-2017] Golden Pouch 황금주머니, Mon-Frid 20:55. Thanks for all your support!

0ly40

37 minutes ago, evie7 said:

Did anyone get upset at wuss when he asks SHm if he wants his memories back? He doesn't care about him, he just wants him away from SHf.

I actually think wuss is STUPID! Would you want your possible competition to realize the girl you like ISN'T your sister?! He benefits from SHm NOT remembering! I really see my dislike for him grow as his jealousy does. 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry for the above insertion ... simply could not get rid of the previous write up. Please ignore the repeats... Thanx....

@evie7 please can you insert the picture of the threesome of father Geum and the two ladies when they were in the orphanage. I am not technical savvy to attempt the insertion. I hope from this pic to analyse the other girl as to whether she could be Dr Han's mother. His Mother must have learn to cook dumplings from young Geum when he used to roll it out for the two girls to feed them at the orphanage. There was also a flashback in episode 20??? Of him doing the dumpling and chatting to the girls. Their conversations would help us to understand the strong link between these three orphans. Thank you.

1 hour ago, NewKDramaAddict said:

Not really looking forward to that as she has to deal with not only Mdm Mo and the Devil's daughter, MH. We will have to deal with wuss's possessiveness of SHf and maybe he will be the one to let the cat out of the bag about SHm not being Han Dol, the missing son. Just to get rid of him. That's when mild annoyance will turn to pure hate for me! Can't wait for ep 41! I must say, the drama gods LOVE us daily watchers now!!! Remember when we were lucky to find 1-2 dailies subbed?!! 

I'm not looking forward to them abusing SHf either. Just from hearing him ask SHm about his memories has me going from mild annoyance to at least medium even though I know it will be hate for me too. It's just a matter of time....

@shebagirl LOL I love your username. I will try to get those shots for you in episode 40

Yes Joon Sang is indeed not very smart. Any guy would just leave it as it is. If SH continues to be the brother, SW can't act out her feelings since they are supposed to be siblings. And even SH knows SW is not blood related but adopted,  he still can't act out his feelings because they are still siblings and he wouldnt want to change this family dynamic and hurt his parents. Lol ... if hé were to pursue SW, mama Geum will be over the moon because she really wants SH to be her son.

Repeating the conversation between SHm and wuss at the coffee shop:

SHm: Now that I know how you feel about SHf, So don't tell me any more about how you feel. There's no need. :)

wuss: SHm. Don't you want your memory back?

SHm: I don't know why you're asking that. Why do you want to know that?

wuss: You look so comfortable. (* stupid richard simmons answer *)

SHm: Even though I lost my memory,  I have a family now. I feel comfortable and happy in my family. (* translation, leave me the richard simmons alone *) Do you have a problem with that?

later

SHm: I know you feel uncomfortable because I had to see that. But honestly, I don't feel very glad to meet you, either. (* translation: don't call me anymore *) I'm not sure what the reason is. (because he's jealous)

*APPLAUSE*

And this is why the wuss gets on my nerve and will continue to even more in the future. As I said, he cannot protect himself from that witch of a stepmother (what lame excuse to treat a child like crap), how in the world will he protect SHf? I really hope she doesn't work there long! And then the look SHm gave both of them (SHf and wuss) as he was leaving showed his annoyance more with wuss than them being together. Even though I think there is a hint of feelings there, he is really tries to stave them off because he believes they are family. I think his feelings will stay undercover until he starts gaining his memory.

Now, let's talk about Mdm Mo and her reasonings for every cursed thing she's done. She sat there and tried to justify to her son that she's always been uncomfortable. So, why did she marry? Money truly is the root of all evil if you marry into a family you're uncomfortable with after abandoning your own child. Even when all is said and done, I will never like this woman. The writer can humanize her all they want in the end, it will not happen with me!

44 minutes ago, NewKDramaAddict said:

Now, let's talk about Mdm Mo and her reasonings for every cursed thing she's done. She sat there and tried to justify to her son that she's always been uncomfortable. So, why did she marry? Money truly is the root of all evil if you marry into a family you're uncomfortable with after abandoning your own child. Even when all is said and done, I will never like this woman. The writer can humanize her all they want in the end, it will not happen with me!

If it turns out the wuss is really the heir, then the reason why stepmother is always uncomfortable around him might be:

- wuss is the constant reminder of her evil misdeeds to her best friend. Her guilt is eating her alive.

- wuss witness stepmother killed his mother but lost his memory 

- she made a pact with him when he was little ie I bring you to your father but you must never inherit the company.

- she tried to abandon him somewhere where grandma cannot find him but granny still found him. So he knows what she did before granny found him. Since then, she is afraid one day he might oust her.

But all this doesn't answer the question as to why she screamed at him saying "You are a nobody in this family." Normally that would means he has no blood relation to the family. And if that is true, why did he said back "I am the son of this family." Did he purposely said it knowing that granny & dad are behind stepmother?  Since he is facing them, how can he not seen them coming in from where he was standing? Is he more devious than what was shown to viewers?

Director & writer only show us that he is a victim of verbal abuse but never show us why stepmother does that.

So we see papa Geum teaching SH how to make dumplings and once SH forcus on it, he will surpass papa Geum. 

I have managed to get back to some flashback which can help us to understand Joon status in the Yoon family. Go back to episode 10 at about 9.00 minutes, when he was holding on a pouch , grandma came running to claim her lost grandson. Then the evil stepmother Mdm Mo appeared giving him a nasty look.

Another flashback is that of an old picture kept by Mdm Mo of her times in the orphanage with Father Geum. This is in episode 31 at 7.4 minutes. The other girl in the picture is the one I suspect is Dr Han mother. Those who are good at capturing those frame, please insert in this forum so that we can ponder on the acid looks we have been seeing exchanged between Mdm Mo and Joon Sang.

I know that @evie7 has done in previous page. Appreciate if you can do likewise..... Thank you.

There is another scene that connects father Geum with Mdm Mo. Both of them kept the same photos of their time in the orphanage, this can be seen at episode 29 at about 12.41 minutes in it.

He decided to do the cooking show when he was told that it would be seen by the whole nation. His aim was trying to connect with those in the photos, especially Mdm Mo. so he was hoping that Mdm Mo will see him and get in touch with him. Their bonding then was strong enough to the point that he brought up Seol Hwa for her. From this photo we suspect that Mdm Mo is Seol Hwa's Mother. Am pretty sure there is more to this. Wonder how they parted.

9 hours ago, NewKDramaAddict said:

Repeating the conversation between SHm and wuss at the coffee shop:

SHm: Now that I know how you feel about SHf, So don't tell me any more about how you feel. There's no need. :)

wuss: SHm. Don't you want your memory back?

SHm: I don't know why you're asking that. Why do you want to know that?

wuss: You look so comfortable. (* stupid richard simmons answer *)

SHm: Even though I lost my memory,  I have a family now. I feel comfortable and happy in my family. (* translation, leave me the richard simmons alone *) Do you have a problem with that?

later

SHm: I know you feel uncomfortable because I had to see that. But honestly, I don't feel very glad to meet you, either. (* translation: don't call me anymore *) I'm not sure what the reason is. (because he's jealous)

*APPLAUSE*

And this is why the wuss gets on my nerve and will continue to even more in the future. As I said, he cannot protect himself from that witch of a stepmother (what lame excuse to treat a child like crap), how in the world will he protect SHf? I really hope she doesn't work there long! And then the look SHm gave both of them (SHf and wuss) as he was leaving showed his annoyance more with wuss than them being together. Even though I think there is a hint of feelings there, he is really tries to stave them off because he believes they are family. I think his feelings will stay undercover until he starts gaining his memory.

Star@NewKDramaAddict  bigsmile.gif  cheesy.gif

Both the wuss and MH are being jealous and possessive of their "prey" and "target". Observant outsiders like the wuss and MH (even the lady selling 'tteokbokki') could tell by they way Dr. Han and SH interact that there is more to their "brother and sister" relationship. But I find it kind of creepy MH was in her car "stalking" Dr. Han and SH before she decides to meet and confront SH in the cafe. When MH finds out it was really her brother's fault Dr. Han got accused of malpractice, she is going to try and pursue her ex-fiance again. No doubt she will not allow Dr. Han to fall for SH.

In the preview, Dr. Han wants SH to tell him "everything, even if it might disappoint or upset" him. I wouldn't mind it if he is going to hear it from SH instead of having to hear it from an unreliable source.

I pity Ji Sang. He is such a sweet and gentle guy but his mom's greed is destroying peace and stability in the Yoon's. I am glad Madam Mo's motives and "grievances" are revealed and I somehow want her to move out since she's uncomfortable around her "family". Her leaving (even if temporary) would reduce the tension and burden on Madam Eun, who is not in the best of health.

On a different note, mommy Geum does know how to "manipulate" her husband very well. She is going to succeed bringing daddy Geum back to making dumplings again:).

I am glad that Madam Mo's mask had been taken off. For her sake, she no longer have to pretend anymore. Even Matriarch Yoon told her that the sons are more matured than she is.

I know there is a idea that Han Seok Hoon maybe Madam Mo's son. At the moment, I do not see a connection. Geum Jung Do grew up with two "sisters" in the orphanage and Madam Mo was that materialistic one while Seol Hwa's mother must be the more gentle one.

I seriously wants to punch MH face. She left SH high and dry at the time he needed him most. Now she came back and still want to claim him as hers even though she will be embarrassed to acknowledge him or be seen with him. She has no right to act like a jealous gf to SW. 

I hope SW tells SH everything so that in future when MH tries to get close to him while trying to date Yoon boys, SH can coldly tells her off in his DR Han brisk cold manner.

The excuses Mdm Mo came up with for treating JS badly are so lame ... even granny feels it. Mdm Mo only was her son to inherit everything so that she can have everything.  It's not for her son sake she is doing all that. It's for her own greed. She is afraid she will get nothing out Yoon wealth if Papa Yoon die suddenly one day. Even if Ji Sang didn't head the company, being 2nd son, he will be well provided for for rest of his life. Mdm Mo is only thinking of herself. I hate kdrama mothers all excuse their evil thinking/bad doings in name of their children sake. 

20 hours ago, shebagirl said:

The part when stepmother screamed at Joon that he was a nobody in the house is the clue that Joon is not the real eldest Son. He was planted in the Yoon household by evil stepmother so that when the time comes to inherit Yoon's company, she will conveniently exposed that Joon is not the biological son. She will confirm with a DNA and that will make Jisang the sole heir. So now that explained the anxiety showed on Joon's face the day he was taken from the orphanage by grandma. It seems the holder of the pouch is the child of the first wife whom grandma chased from the house. The pouch must have been given to the first Wife when she left the Yoon's household. Later when they heard that she died leaving a son, grandma went looking for him and after a few years they located Joon ..... they must have stole the pouch from the 'real ' son.

So I suspect that the real Son is Dr Han. He must have been left at the fire incident by a woman, whom he thought was his mother, and now I feel could have been the second Wife, Jisang's mother. After all she was a good friend of the first Wife, she could easily take the pouch from the baby, ( the infant DrHan), placed it in the hand of Joon and claimed that she found the first son because he held the pouch. Such a greedy stepmother. She wanted Jisang to inherit but he had no interest at all as we see in the many episodes so far. He kept telling his mum that Joon should be in the company because he should learn the trades to succeed Father Yoon..this angered stepmother each time Jisang expressed his lack of interest to join the company. That is my deduction... till new facts surface....

@shebagirl  Now this theory sounds more like it.. Maybe evil step mom also pushe the real son in the water tryng to kill Dr. Han back then in order for her plan to work.. She must thinks he's dead but if this is true how the writer tie all this in and put him with his rightful family is a must see for me.. She better have some very good creative writing skills..

19 hours ago, shebagirl said:

Somehow Joon could have been the lost Son of the Geum. Looking at his interest in cooking and even had a blog of all the dishes he came up with. Father Geum loves to do dumpling since a young boy growing up in the orphanage. Cooking was his interest then. Seol Hwa Mother expressed that she wanted to live the rich life, and the other girl with them was less ambitious, demure, sweet and spoke softly. Initially I thought she would be Dr Han's Mother......Can that be a possibility? Am still groping with the little facts here and there.

Dr Han speaks with a soft, gentle ways just like the girl in the photo. You can see this in the episodes when evil stepmother chanced upon the sight of father Geum when he first went for the shooting of the dumpling show. She came back home and recalled their childhood times in the orphanage. The other girl was seen talking with a gentle demeanour..... like Dr Han.  Let us wait for more clues 

Now this wouldn't surprise me if she did something to lind of switch kids.. She could have known of the Guen son and plotted this evil plan all so she could marry into that family.. She could be the real reason the first wife is dead .. It wouldn't surprise me if she started or had the fire started that cause so much damage to all those families.. Good excuse to claim that JS had this pouch in his belongings after she planted it there..

14 hours ago, NewKDramaAddict said:

I'm really hoping this isn't true. You might be right that wuss isn't the son; however, if SHm is, that presents a bigger problem for the SH couple to be together. If she is Mdm Mo's daughter, they can never be because of blood ties. This is looking like another problem that the writer will have to extricate themselves from. But because SHm has the memories of watching a woman make dumplings, that is another reason why I think he really is Han Dol

@NewKDramaAddict  I find the writer to be clever and creative .. I want to see how she brings all this together, If Evil Step MOther did all these things she seems to be capable of doing I want to see her go to jail the poor younger son will try and repent for all the things his mom done in the name if she did it for him but it was for her all along..

2 hours ago, shebagirl said:

There is another scene that connects father Geum with Mdm Mo. Both of them kept the same photos of their time in the orphanage, this can be seen at episode 29 at about 12.41 minutes in it.

He decided to do the cooking show when he was told that it would be seen by the whole nation. His aim was trying to connect with those in the photos, especially Mdm Mo. so he was hoping that Mdm Mo will see him and get in touch with him. Their bonding then was strong enough to the point that he brought up Seol Hwa for her. From this photo we suspect that Mdm Mo is Seol Hwa's Mother. Am pretty sure there is more to this. Wonder how they parted.

@shebagirl  Now if Mdm Mo is the middle girl mom that means she dumps her child turn around and gets pregnant again with her son maybe her son isn't related to the family and claimning he is.. Something isn't right with this picture..?

2 hours ago, Jackie1048 said:

I am glad that Madam Mo's mask had been taken off. For her sake, she no longer have to pretend anymore. Even Matriarch Yoon told her that the sons are more matured than she is.

I know there is a idea that Han Seok Hoon maybe Madam Mo's son. At the moment, I do not see a connection. Geum Jung Do grew up with two "sisters" in the orphanage and Madam Mo was that materialistic one while Seol Hwa's mother must be the more gentle one.

@Jackie1048  Now that would be something if the middle Guem girl turns out to be the daughter of that family.. The first wife never had a son but a daughter.. Daughters have the tendecies to over ride the step mom for her dads affection..

The idea is not that Dr Han is Mdm Mo's son, I suspect he is the first Son from the first Wife who was abandoned by the a Yoon family. In the argument in the latest episode, Mdm Mo expressed her anger at the grandma and spit out the facts that she had to look after the son  from the 'abandoned' first wife, and that she was not comfortable doing it. Am just speculating from the few facts shown as the drama went along. Mdm Mo is the second wife, and it so happen she is also a Friend of the second wife. Stepmother too expressed dismay that they took her for granted maybe because of her unfavourable background. Here I feel she was referring to the fact that she was lacking in status and money when she married into the Yoon household. Whatever, she is greedy and wants to grab the company for her Son ( JiSang) to inherit. She insisted that Joo Sang should not be given a prominent position in the company..... what a mean and calculating woman...!!!

Sorry.... correction ' she is a Friend of the first Wife'.....

@sava2sava the girl SeolHwa is suspected to be the daughter of Mdm Mo, not the Daughter of the Yoon household. Geum Father agreed to appear in the cooking show hoping that Mdm Mo saw him and contacted him after that. He took in SeolHwa from the orphanage and brought her up, hoping one day to unite her with her mother. He had always treated SeolHwa as special which angered the other two girls, especially the irritating SeNaa. One day he gave SeolHwa a ring that belongs to her mother, or was left by the mother, and at the back of the ring there is a big letter 'R' engraved. Some suspected as Jae Rim, the name of Father Yoon, Yoon Jae Rim. All these are just suspicion based on certain facts obtained while watching the episodes. This drama seems to throw in bits and pieces so that we can piece the puzzles along the way. By episode 80 maybe, some truth will be revealed... till then the puzzles still has missing pieces ....

44 minutes ago, sava2sava said:

@Jackie1048  Now that would be something if the middle Guem girl turns out to be the daughter of that family.. The first wife never had a son but a daughter.. Daughters have the tendecies to over ride the step mom for her dads affection..

That's exactly what I just thought.  That 1st gf gave birth to baby girl and stepmother stole it and dump it to papa Geum. Then 1st gf died of broken heart or became insane and locked away by stepmother. Stepmother then came back and claimed the wife seat and gave birth to JiS a year or two later. I think Ji sang is just a year or two younger than SW. Is the wuss same age as SW?  The thing is we don't know how old the heir is supposed to be. It would be easier if we know then we know who.would be the possible real grandchild. Obviously SH is older than SW.

35 minutes ago, shebagirl said:

The idea is not that Dr Han is Mdm Mo's son, I suspect he is the first Son from the first Wife who was abandoned by the a Yoon family. In the argument in the latest episode, Mdm Mo expressed her anger at the grandma and spit out the facts that she had to look after the son  from the 'abandoned' first wife, and that she was not comfortable doing it. Am just speculating from the few facts shown as the drama went along. Mdm Mo is the second wife, and it so happen she is also a Friend of the second wife. Stepmother too expressed dismay that they took her for granted maybe because of her unfavourable background. Here I feel she was referring to the fact that she was lacking in status and money when she married into the Yoon household. Whatever, she is greedy and wants to grab the company for her Son ( JiSang) to inherit. She insisted that Joo Sang should not be given a prominent position in the company..... what a mean and calculating woman...!!!

Sorry.... correction ' she is a Friend of the first Wife'.....

Now thé question is if 1st wife/gf is good friend of 2nd wife, wouldnt you love your good friend's child as your own? I mean that's what real friends would do. Unless kid is fake planted by her into the household by her and that she got rid of the real on so that it won't pose or fight family inheritance in the future by doing DNA test.

29 minutes ago, shebagirl said:

@sava2sava the girl SeolHwa is suspected to be the daughter of Mdm Mo, not the Daughter of the Yoon household. Geum Father agreed to appear in the cooking show hoping that Mdm Mo saw him and contacted him after that. He took in SeolHwa from the orphanage and brought her up, hoping one day to unite her with her mother. He had always treated SeolHwa as special which angered the other two girls, especially the irritating SeNaa. One day he gave SeolHwa a ring that belongs to her mother, or was left by the mother, and at the back of the ring there is a big letter 'R' engraved. Some suspected as Jae Rim, the name of Father Yoon, Yoon Jae Rim. All these are just suspicion based on certain facts obtained while watching the episodes. This drama seems to throw in bits and pieces so that we can piece the puzzles along the way. By episode 80 maybe, some truth will be revealed... till then the puzzles still has missing pieces ....

@shebagirl  Who is to say that the first wife had a son it could have been a daughter and mdm Mo brought in a son just to get in the family under the pretenses of being a nanny.. You think Mdm Mo didn't know how high boy kids are regarded to there families.. I'm wonder about her son and Seol Hwa being the same age or very close to it.. This whats making me wonder on the lines of Seol Hwa belongs to this family and not her son as she claimed.. It's something really off about this picture but I tell you it makes and interesting plot twist..This would explain Seol Hwa ring that papa Guem kept all of these years..

26 minutes ago, cheekychipmunk_stv said:

Now thé question is if 1st wife/gf is good friend of 2nd wife, wouldnt you love your good friend's child as your own? I mean that's what real friends would do. Unless kid is fake planted by her into the household by her and that she got rid of the real on so that it won't pose or fight family inheritance in the future by doing DNA test.

@cheekychipmunk_stv  This was her plan all along.. I'm leaning more to Seol Hwa being that family first born.. Just think Mdm Mo wouldn't have stood a chance against Halmoni and Seol Hwa..  I'm still wondering if her child belongs to that family..? 

My same thought as you @cheekychipmunk_stv  , since JooSang is the planted first son, she was always nasty to him behind the grandma's back, even reminded him to not overstep the line. Mdm Mo found the lost child, conveniently, to stop the grandma from continuing her search and fear that the real one is found. Greedy Mo ....

If anyone wants to see the connection of the 'Three Stars' as father a Geum called themselves , Geum... Nan Seol... Jin Joo , when they were young at the orphanage. Do watch the flashback from Mdm Mo when Joo Sang brought back Geum's dumplings home for the family to taste. She refused, and said she didn't like dumplings, went into her bedroom and recalled the days Geum was rolling out dumpling for the trio and sang 'Three Stars' saying that they were like the 'Three Stars Siblings' , and would not part till they die.  Wonder what is the significant of that songs and flashback...

The flashback from Mdm Mo is at episode 30 at the 11.54 minutes.

Watch again episode 29 at 12.41 minutes,   episode 31 at 7.4 minutes,   and episode 10 at 9.00 minutes. These events will shed some lights on the life or the connection between the three orphans. The third girl Jin Joo has not been mentioned somehow, and she is the girl I suspect who is Dr Han's mother.... 

6 hours ago, cheekychipmunk_stv said:

All of these theories make my head spinfaint-pink-mouse-emoticon.gif But I think that wuss isn't the Yoon's son. Why would she tell him he's nothing?

@shebagirl Thanks for episode info, I looked yesterday, couldn't find it.

DoHxUKw.png?1 

This the three of them together. The woman in the polka dots is our wicked stepmother. I wonder what caused her to go to these crazy lengths? She dumped a daughter on Father Geum , left her childhood friends son for dead and passed off another child as her husbands.( If she did all of this she should be right up there w/crazy Sheila and Victor from the Young and the Restless:crazy: )   Writer-nim has one crazy imagination if all of these deductions are right.

Here's a pic of Yoon's first wife. 

4ZDHhG5.png?2

After watching episode 41 I just can't stop SMH at Min Hee, she acts like her mother demanding an audience w/SHf. So what if she looks at SHm as a man, all Min Hee wanted to do is marry a doctor. She didn't love him, she abandoned him. It is very telling that SHf was the only person he remembered after the accident.

6 hours ago, shebagirl said:

If anyone wants to see the connection of the 'Three Stars' as father a Geum called themselves , Geum... Nan Seol... Jin Joo , when they were young at the orphanage. Do watch the flashback from Mdm Mo when Joo Sang brought back Geum's dumplings home for the family to taste. She refused, and said she didn't like dumplings, went into her bedroom and recalled the days Geum was rolling out dumpling for the trio and sang 'Three Stars' saying that they were like the 'Three Stars Siblings' , and would not part till they die.  Wonder what is the significant of that songs and flashback...

I think her greed let her leave her friend to die in that fire.  Jin Joo is the missing star. 

@sk0317 It's good to see you here too. 

Here's the picture that Father Geum was looking at

Archived