[Mainland Chinese Drama 2017] Lost Love in Times 醉玲珑

sugarplum892

16 minutes ago, lavvarr said:

Not sure what you were watching but they did get married like twice, if you aint gon count ep 5 its okay but in the end they did get married at the Mage place where they ties knot and Where the elder gave em blessing

Well, not thoroughly is what I am saying.  Like both times they were interrupted,  and they didn't go through finishing their wedding night.  From my understanding in Chinese drama,  if you didn't go through your wedding night then it's not official.  Correct me if I am wrong

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, sophrosyne said:

After Qing Chen's encounter with Yuan Zhan, she only had 6 hours left.  Yuan Che was seriously injured as well and it probably was going to take him time to recover, but even so travelling from Ah-Cai Tribe to the capital takes several days as we saw in their journey at the beginning.  

I would think that YL would bring along YC back to the palace when YL and QC went back to the palace, no?

3 hours ago, kthienaiii said:

I'm so happy to hear that I'm not the only one that feels this way!

Zhan definitely deserved Qing Chen just as much as Ling does. Sometimes, I felt that Zhan may have loved QC more than Ling but that might be me. You're so right! I totally see YL moving on without QC though. 

What was odd for me was that I loved Ling at the beginning and slowly, over time as the drama went on - loved him less and less. On the other hand, I was skeptical of Zhan but over time, I started loving him more and more in the drama and rooting for him. Maybe this was just me? Don't know why, Zhan has my heart 

I so agree here. I have to admit that my love for YL weakened near the end. I felt that his love was very one dimensional. IMO his love or (lust even) was a bit obsessive and consist of wanting to 'own' her. In the beginning QC was very much an intriguing woman with a secretive background which drew him in, and this was his first love/lust so it was very passionate.

While YZ love was not selfish, and they bonded over the love of plants/music ( IMO more realistic) as long as QC was happy he was happy. 

On paper YZ is a better match for her caus they both love same hobbies and YL and DX match better caus of being in battle/war, but than again opposites attract.

We have to remember that this is a fantasy and therefore will have the syndrome of the knight in shining armour who will save the day (although QC kicked more ar$e) and YZ was the best friend who loved her, but normally loses out.

2 hours ago, kthienaiii said:

I'm so happy to hear that I'm not the only one that feels this way!

Zhan definitely deserved Qing Chen just as much as Ling does. Sometimes, I felt that Zhan may have loved QC more than Ling but that might be me. You're so right! I totally see YL moving on without QC though. 

What was odd for me was that I loved Ling at the beginning and slowly, over time as the drama went on - loved him less and less. On the other hand, I was skeptical of Zhan but over time, I started loving him more and more in the drama and rooting for him. Maybe this was just me? Don't know why, Zhan has my heart <3

Just finished subbed episodes of 44-50, my dears you were right - I wasted 6 hours of nothing except for loving Zhan more knowing he'd sacrifice himself for QC but I think I knew that already. What a waste of 6 episodes!

Will have to watch the RAW episodes of 50-56 for now. Here's to hoping we are all still around to discuss the ending!!

I knew there was more of us out there! :D from beginning to end (minus the first timeline) I can't help but feel Zhan to be much, much more devoted in his feelings to Qing Chen. Not that YL isn't because he obvs is too, but YZ makes many of us feel that way more. 

I think most weren't expecting to like Yuan Zhan given the beginning. heck even Qing Chen herself wasn't expecting him to turn out like that lol.  Kinda hard to believe isn't it? the scheming mastermind behind the coup who shamelessly used Qing Chen, 

is the same lovesick prince who always considers Qing Chen's best interests before anything else.

The way his character is set up is probably one of my favorite things about the drama. A horrible first impression that appears to leave little room for misunderstanding or redemption. Then unexpectedly turns out to be the one with the most depth and leaves the deepest impression. Kinda reminds me of Yuwen Yung from Prince of Lan Ling in this sense (that show gave me the worst case of Second Lead Syndrome that is never to be topped). And when you think about it, Zhan and his qualities have never changed (intelligent, tactful, etc) his actions different only by circumstances. Sorry kinda rambled off there!  But yea Zhan is easily the most interesting character by far in this drama and I would've loved for him to be happy in the end :tongue:

4 hours ago, bintangdilangit said:

I would think that YL would bring along YC back to the palace when YL and QC went back to the palace, no?

Yuan Ling returned to the capital to usurp the throne.  Yuan Che was still seriously injured, plus Cai Qian was there already, so on both points, it would have been more practical for him to return without him.

3 hours ago, peanutbutterjellytime said:

I knew there was more of us out there! :D from beginning to end (minus the first timeline) I can't help but feel Zhan to be much, much more devoted in his feelings to Qing Chen. Not that YL isn't because he obvs is too, but YZ makes many of us feel that way more. 

I think most weren't expecting to like Yuan Zhan given the beginning. heck even Qing Chen herself wasn't expecting him to turn out like that lol.  Kinda hard to believe isn't it? the scheming mastermind behind the coup who shamelessly used Qing Chen, 

is the same lovesick prince who always considers Qing Chen's best interests before anything else.

The way his character is set up is probably one of my favorite things about the drama. A horrible first impression that appears to leave little room for misunderstanding or redemption. Then unexpectedly turns out to be the one with the most depth and leaves the deepest impression. Kinda reminds me of Yuwen Yung from Prince of Lan Ling in this sense (that show gave me the worst case of Second Lead Syndrome that is never to be topped). And when you think about it, Zhan and his qualities have never changed (intelligent, tactful, etc) his actions different only by circumstances. Sorry kinda rambled off there!  But yea Zhan is easily the most interesting character by far in this drama and I would've loved for him to be happy in the end :tongue:

I agree with everyone abt YZ (Xu Hai Qiao) on all points. My previous posting I will definitely support his next romantic drama. 

I think we all have more warm feelings for YZ is when the director/writer shifted YL character during the war section which caused us to think something is not right abt YL. Which we r right bez so many liked YZ more at the end and slightly put off by YL behavior. Maybe is the cutting of the scenes. 

Beside the war section over all good drama. Thank god for happy ending. I can't stand anymore heartache from scarlet heart-reyo, the mystic nine, princess agent...

I am so glad I created this acct to be able to express thoughts, opinions and ideas with all these wonderful ladies and gentlemen. Hope to see everyone in the next drama which I don't know yet bez nothing has catch my eyes as of now. I guess I will rewatch LLIT until next drama pecks my interest. Haha

I will definitely come back to see translation from the book bez someone here promised us that she will post. Haha XOXO

I have to disagreed with some of you on this point... YZ expression of love is different from that of YL...however that does not mean that YL would have someone else had QC gone.. You can see that at the end of the film...QC disappear.. however we do not know where in what time did QC goes back to.. maybe it not the exact time that QC disappear.. it could be a year or two or three year later from the time she disappear from the 1st time line.. if you look at the image of the city that she return to..there is more building.. the city seem bigger then the when QC and YL first look at on episode 3..so if anything QC could return 3 year or many year later.. and YL when meet QC..present to QC their hair lock... holding that lock of hair by his side....still waiting for her...

When QC disappear after the wedding.. there is no certainty that she will ever return...yet YL was still waiting....

I guess many especially us ladies, we don't like our heroes have any fault.. we don't believe that man and woman beside personal love.. there no friendship..and in that sense we when see something that is friendship and think is beyond that... but if you all watch the 6 episode again.. what romance had YL and DX done to make you think that their caring for each other is beyond friendship...  

Is perhaps YL character is that of a person that don't express love like other.he don't cry easily like YZ, his face is expressionless.... . I guess if some able to read the book will understand how YL is...  but then in the book.. YL have no interaction with any strong female character therefor is hard for some reader of the book to see YL friendship with a female character......

and I guess in many sense.. many have such a bad impression with DX because the person that play her, play in other drama... and because of that it had give you all a bad impression of DX the character...  had it been someone elso.. I don't think you would have such a bad impressions of DX...

All in all.. I see a YL who only love QC... no mater how long he had to wait for her... willing to leave the crown for her...what more can one expect of YL...

Ugh am on ep. 50 & still there's no interaction between our OTP:angry: On the other, does Ling even care what happens to Qing Chen anymore!??!:crazy: And ew to Duo Xia (Mukesha too:tongue:) just seein' her gives me Ten Miles Of Peach Blossoms bad vibes all over when she came between Yehua-Bai Qian pfft<_< I wish Qing Chen chose Zhan instead, he's the only one who keeps stepping up for her. 

Whenever I see the princes kneel, I keep thinking Poor Knees *ouch*:wacko:

Will wait for remaining ep. to be subbed to continue watching. 

@sophrosyne said:-

Shi Shi and William Chan seem like they have pretty similar personalities, so I think they could be good friends

Shi Shi laughs a LOT in almost all the BTS I've watched her in:tongue::) The actor who plays 12th Prince seem to be close to her as well. William on the other, is very playful. 

@valerie86 said:-

i was wondering if Nicky wu got jealous at some point of filming??

I read that he wanted to show up during William-Shi2's kiss scenes:blink: But thankfully he didn't in order to not pressure poor William LoL:tongue:

my though on episode 45-50... while YL was away for war.. he had no worry for QC because he know that with his  brother YZ watch over QC, YL know that QC will be protected.....even so YL  did asked 11th prince YC if there any news from the capital.. YC told him that there no news... YL then assume that everything is well.. not knowing that his mother would created trouble for QC and the Mage people....All news of everything happen in the capital is cut off to YL..so in YL mind.. he only think of how to go about to quickly end the battle....to return back to QC....  but so many things stack against YL and QC...

in the capital QC is being chase by the King and the only person that can help her is YZ...but then QC also to save YZ with her life.. she know that 9th prince plot with Feng minster.. QC could have just left YZ to fence for himself.. but instead she return to safe YZ... use her life to save YZ so that YZ will not look like QC accomplice.... therefor able to save YZ in front of the king...  For this reason YZ own her...  YZ safe QC cause he love her.. at the same time he own QC his life...  But because of what happen in the capital we see only YZ sacrifice for QC but we forget what YL willing to do for QC.. even before they become a couple...

In the desert YL worry about the Liang and the betrayal of MuKasa... surrounded by the enemy with supplies quickly running out...He have thousand of his men relying on him to guide him... how can he think of anything else.. where can he have time to think of QC when he in a life and death not only himself but that of his men...... then he found out that his older brother who try to bring the supply being surround by the enemy....  so many worry at one time....  where can one think about romance..... 

I guess in a sense.. YZ eyes show his love more easily then YL...so us fan look at his eyes and couldn't help but feel for him....especially with everything happen.... his willingness to protect QC....  But then a sense, YZ do own QC... for had YZ in the 1st time line didn't do what he did.. QC wouldn't have to go back in time... is call retribution.... YZ cause what happen in the 1st time line.. the 2nd time line is for him to love QC to his soul.............

22046740_676185989236895_773479567939345

originally YC (11th prince) was suppose to die.. however because the fan love 11th prince so much that the production decided to have YC live.. that why at the end... we didn't have the image of 11th prince.. that why we only know of 11th still alive through 12th, YL and QC saying so...

30 minutes ago, sc_4bfd6599c64db57788c51ac9bd9befd1 said:

originally YC (11th prince) was suppose to die.. however because the fan love 11th prince so much that the production decided to have YC live.. that why at the end... we didn't have the image of 11th prince.. that why we only know of 11th still alive through 12th, YL and QC saying so...

Oh my GOD! I am happy the didn't show this. At least we know he is alive without see him, I would have been terrible if they kill 11th prince!! We love our Silly Che

2 hours ago, sc_4bfd6599c64db57788c51ac9bd9befd1 said:

my though on episode 45-50... while YL was away for war.. he had no worry for QC because he know that with his  brother YZ watch over QC, YL know that QC will be protected.....even so YL  did asked 11th prince YC if there any news from the capital.. YC told him that there no news... YL then assume that everything is well.. not knowing that his mother would created trouble for QC and the Mage people....All news of everything happen in the capital is cut off to YL..so in YL mind.. he only think of how to go about to quickly end the battle....to return back to QC....  but so many things stack against YL and QC...

in the capital QC is being chase by the King and the only person that can help her is YZ...but then QC also to save YZ with her life.. she know that 9th prince plot with Feng minster.. QC could have just left YZ to fence for himself.. but instead she return to safe YZ... use her life to save YZ so that YZ will not look like QC accomplice.... therefor able to save YZ in front of the king...  For this reason YZ own her...  YZ safe QC cause he love her.. at the same time he own QC his life...  But because of what happen in the capital we see only YZ sacrifice for QC but we forget what YL willing to do for QC.. even before they become a couple...

In the desert YL worry about the Liang and the betrayal of MuKasa... surrounded by the enemy with supplies quickly running out...He have thousand of his men relying on him to guide him... how can he think of anything else.. where can he have time to think of QC when he in a life and death not only himself but that of his men...... then he found out that his older brother who try to bring the supply being surround by the enemy....  so many worry at one time....  where can one think about romance..... 

I guess in a sense.. YZ eyes show his love more easily then YL...so us fan look at his eyes and couldn't help but feel for him....especially with everything happen.... his willingness to protect QC....  But then a sense, YZ do own QC... for had YZ in the 1st time line didn't do what he did.. QC wouldn't have to go back in time... is call retribution.... YZ cause what happen in the 1st time line.. the 2nd time line is for him to love QC to his soul.............

I understand parts of opinion why YL is not too concern with QC but I still a slight put off by him during the war section as you already know but I think he redeem himself in the last two eps. Maybe it's how they shot those scenes didn't  come across so well that's why we r judging him and like YZ.

I commented on YouTube thats the YL that I know, Strong and determine to save QC when she went to the palace without him. In my eyes he return to the YL that everyone loved when he is off to save his woman without a second thought. I just wished they put that war section in the middle instead near the end bez a lot people will remember this bez it's near the end. People always remember more stuff near the end than the beginning.

But, I still love YL but I like YZ. U r right YZ was the one who set all these chain of events which he had pay for at the end. I feel bad for him and he does not look good at the end. Coughing and look so lonely. Poor baby.. haha..

@sc_4bfd6599c64db57788c51ac9bd9befd1, thank you so much for your insights and all info from the book. :D

4 hours ago, sc_4bfd6599c64db57788c51ac9bd9befd1 said:

Just curious, I thought chinese drama are pre produced, so how did they manage to change the story along the way according to fans' reaction?

1 hour ago, vlvl1 said:

Does anyone know how is the rating for this drama bez I hope it does well in China and online as well?

Truth is the ratings were't that good.  It stayed 07-08 throughout most of its run.  The Wednesday episodes suffered tremendously though being in the 0.4-0.5.  As for online viewership I think it should pass 10 billion soon.   

4 hours ago, vlvl1 said:

Does anyone know how is the rating for this drama bez I hope it does well in China and online as well?

Over all.. it in 1st to 3rd in it time slot.... so far... 9+ billion on line.... reaching 10 billion... on qiqui web online reaching 3+ billion... it ok over all... but there were more expectation for this series..... in all it because of the schedule that cause the series not doing well as it should.... this is the first time a c-drama ever have this schedule... all the c-drama coming out have 4 to 7 days schedule... that make people more interest in watching... many complain that with this schedule.. many tend not to be interest in a drama with thus schedule... also to many good drama going out at the same time.... while princess Wei Young in 2016... it was the only good drama at that time.. General and I was ok... but at the same time was the only good at that time also...as with 10 miles... princess agent was show during the summer... but with princess agent many question the # of online viewing... like some blogger said.. how can within 10 minutes online air that there more then 130 million viewer online in the middle of the night.... in china....

So far LLiT nape 1 award for 2017 best drama....hopefully with this award many will be more interest in watching the drama

Popularly doesn't equal to quality...  

For me... I love it...

17 minutes ago, sophrosyne said:

Truth is the ratings were't that good.  It stayed 07-08 throughout most of its run.  The Wednesday episodes suffered tremendously though being in the 0.4-0.5.  As for online viewership I think it should pass 10 billion soon.   

The time slot, and the limited episode show each week cause many not interest in it... but many are are starting to watching it since the show finish....

Archived