[Mainland Chinese Drama 2017] Lost Love in Times 醉玲珑

sugarplum892

2 hours ago, sophrosyne said:

I don't think it really was the same timeline and she really just travelled a year back in time to change events.  

1) Because SARFT would never have approved that storyline.  

2) As you were saying it's the cost of her travelling back in time that events shifted.  But that's basically what characterised this alternate universe.  Things changed, people changed and even personalities changed.  But I guess we'll figure that out if any of the characters who were supposedly dead are alive after she returns. 

1....Like I been trying and trying to tell everyone if you pay attention to the film especially  episode 6 then you will all understand that it the same time line not some ulter-universe, same world but 1 year before everything happen.. even when she was back in time.. she even said.. "this is one year ago"....when she was reading the poster on the street in the capital.....

2......there rule of SARFT is that your soul can not travel back into time.. any time travel film has to be the actual body as a whole form can travel back in time....... I didn't know about that until a Chinese fan from china told me about it...  yes you can travel back in time.. be it machine.. or magic.... that is why they were able to have this series.. had they use the book version.. it not aloud.. for QC from the book is a girl  from present modern day.. and her soul travel back hundreds of year entering another person body.. that is a no....no.. for SARFT.

However.. this drama.. QC is the same person in whole not her soul being travel back in time.. another is that she use magic stone to open the gate..the reason is that SARFT think that this is harder for young man/woman to image trying to travel in time..   

what happen is that some girl committed suicides after see BBJX hoping their soul will travel to some girl in the pass and get a hold of that person body..

I know.. stupid right.. however because of this clause that we able to see the "lost love in time" had they not aloud these clause.. we wouldn't be here debating, talking and discussion about this series.....

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QC left to meet up with the emperor with her tribe people.. 

12th-QC

YL-QC.. where is she

12th-QC lead her Mage tribe to the royal palace, she said that 4th brother is a king that have the people heart, once she finish with her plan, she'll welcome you to accept "Wei"

YL- how can she said that.. don't she know that for her, I'm willing to die with no regret.....

YL-Black army... follow me to the palace...

12th-4th brother.. this is QC desire.. let her do it..

YL-My woman and I can not protect...how can I protect the country..

----------AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH----------------  love that quote..

continuing onto what @sc_4bfd6599c64db57788c51ac9bd9befd1  , the drama started off when YL defeated the Liang state, near the end our chara went to war and they also defeated the Liang state (im guessing). if you look at it like this, it seem about right, QC is pretty much re-living and near the end they also had their wedding making up for the time when they had their wedding for ep 5. 

so pretty much QC is resetting everything and when their wedding occur she went back to the first time when they had their wedding, i dont think anybody waited for anyone, while QC went back in time everyone froze. 

its like when she was near the time she re-setted (original date) she had to go back as the future is unknown

On 9/26/2017 at 10:56 AM, bintangdilangit said:

Not full, but I think this is cute.  And you get a glance at all the actors. :blush:

*English caption

AWWWW My Prince Che is so adorable and handsome in modern clothing :)!!! Waiii!!!!

YL- I love you.......
QC- I also love you....

YL-I"m by myself.. how can I go on living

QC-Then we enjoy each moment that I have left with you..Alright???

YL-I'm sorry, I'm sorry...I promise you so many things.. but I haven't able to accomplish it.I wasn't able to make you my princess consort........Sometime I thought to myself..If only back then you haven't save me from the cliff..If I didn't' fall in love with you at first sight.. then you wouldn't be like this..I'm sorry ....I"m sorry...

YL-I'm a selfish person, that only wish for you to be by my-side.. no matter how much time we have.. I just want to love you..the only thing that I can do right now is to have you as my wife..for you to become my queen..using the time that we have.. each minute each second.... we'll be together.. I want you to be my wife...in life. in death.. never separate..

QC- no this time I can only promise you.... live together.. die separate... I want us to go to the  Meandering Skies.will you'll go with me.....

YL- Alright.. Alright...

QC only have couples of hours to live.. She can't go back to her time cause she use one of the stone to save 11th prince....

QC is fading away......

YL asked QC to marry him

The wedding in the Mage land

2 hours ago, sc_4bfd6599c64db57788c51ac9bd9befd1 said:

1....Like I been trying and trying to tell everyone if you pay attention to the film especially  episode 6 then you will all understand that it the same time line not some ulter-universe, same world but 1 year before everything happen.. even when she was back in time.. she even said.. "this is one year ago"....when she was reading the poster on the street in the capital.....

2......there rule of SARFT is that your soul can not travel back into time.. any time travel film has to be the actual body as a whole form can travel back in time....... I didn't know about that until a Chinese fan from china told me about it...  yes you can travel back in time.. be it machine.. or magic.... that is why they were able to have this series.. had they use the book version.. it not aloud.. for QC from the book is a girl  from present modern day.. and her soul travel back hundreds of year entering another person body.. that is a no....no.. for SARFT.

However.. this drama.. QC is the same person in whole not her soul being travel back in time.. another is that she use magic stone to open the gate..the reason is that SARFT think that this is harder for young man/woman to image trying to travel in time..   

what happen is that some girl committed suicides after see BBJX hoping their soul will travel to some girl in the pass and get a hold of that person body..

I know.. stupid right.. however because of this clause that we able to see the "lost love in time" had they not aloud these clause.. we wouldn't be here debating, talking and discussion about this series.....

If you also notice in episode 6 Qing Chen also says "以境换境".  "境" can have a few definitions here, but the essence is she's replacing one zone/territory/realm with another.  So rather than travelling back in time, what she's essentially doing is reconstructing the world, as the Chinese synopsis says.  

Han Xue's company, Han Xue is the actress that plays Tao Yao, posted stills that I don't think we've seen before.  So I really do believe that it's not the end for her character.  And if as you've said the universe is the same and what Qing Chen has done is just change the past, then Tao Yao would still but dead, but there seems to be more to it for the caption that accompanied those stills?  Also in their post the company used the words "两个时空里", which basically means 2 places in space and time, if it's just time, why use the words '时空里'?

23 minutes ago, sophrosyne said:

If you also notice in episode 6 Qing Chen also says "以境换境".  "境" can have a few definitions here, but the essence is she's replacing one zone/territory/realm with another.  So rather than travelling back in time, what she's essentially doing is reconstructing the world, as the Chinese synopsis says.  

Han Xue's company, Han Xue is the actress that plays Tao Yao, posted stills that I don't think we've seen before.  So I really do believe that it's not the end for her character.  And if as you've said the universe is the same and what Qing Chen has done is just change the past, then Tao Yao would still but dead, but there seems to be more to it for the caption that accompanied those stills?  Also in their post the company used the words "两个时空里", which basically means 2 places in space and time, if it's just time, why use the words '时空里'?

Interesting.. hope what you said is right.. cause would love to have a happy ending for the Elder, and I hope also for 12th prince and Ming Ye

YZ-4th brother know why I"m here

YL-I know.. even though I didn't kill your mother.. but my mother is the cause of her death

YZ shead the sword and point at YL

YZ-Why don't you fight back.. Why don't you kill with with your sword'

YL-3rd brother, 5 brother, 9 brother.. all died because of this throne..because of it they had lost their life..There are thing that I want to tell you.. Dai Wei is better in your hand..it will be more prosperate.. after all that had happen..I know what I want already..I'm sorry.. I'm sorry

YL-In the next life time.. I want to be your brother again...

Joining the time travel discussion.

The production is a little shifty I think. Aside from the description 两个时空里, I think there are two timelines from a logistics perspective. The way the production worked around that was to suggest Qing Chen's changes triggered off a combination of timeline 1 and 2, which by the end of the drama, became just one new timeline. Let's call it timeline X. One could've argued with SARFT that timeline X means the drama is just one timeline, and timeline 1 and 2 are but threads in the same cloth. 

I think there is another reason why it is unlikely that there was originally just one timeline. If it was just the one, time would have to be linear and mostly governed by cause and effect. No messy casual loops. That would mean some time paradoxes would be irrelevant. How that affects the audience, I believe, is that we are subject to the idea and effects of time. Humans can get the gist of why time travel paradoxes exist, and work out something doesn't feel quite right with what the drama is having us assume. I know this drama tries to keep the time travel theme lightweight, but there is only so far the production can go with suspending belief. 

The drama clearly ignores the predestination paradox in order to make things work (that a time traveler would not be able to change the events in time because events have a tendency of looping upon themselves). The Butterfly Effect and The Time Traveller's Wife movies deal with this paradox.

I wondered early on why there was no Qing Chen 2.0. If there is only ever one Qing Chen, this assumes she is a person detached from time. If every character had their doubles in the two timelines, the most obvious inconsistency to me was why she didn't have one. 

Not much new. But some bits I haven't seen.

Qing Chen: He regrets having loved a woman named Qing Chen.

Ming Yan: Qing Chen!

Qing Chen: Only 2 months remain.

Head eunuch: Intelligence reports Prince Ling has entered the capital, advancing immediately on Tian Du. However, no one has apprehended him. (Remember the emperor had ordered YZ in a secret edit to bring YL to the capital as prisoner. That is why the emperor is so shocked). 

Consort Yin: Nurturing troops for a thousand days, using them in the moment. Yin family has spent many years training the secret guards, it is time to make use of them. 

Yan Jian Zheng: Your highness' intent is...

Consort Yin: Stop him from returning to the capital. A death that ends a hundred nuisances.

Emperor: Is it only you? Just the one person? 

Qing Chen: Correct. My shaman tribe, today, will represent the world in righting the country's foundation. To establish a noble ruler. 

Emperor: That rebellious child conspires rebellion. He wants this throne. Why does he not come in person?

Yuan Ling: If I did not come, wouldn't Royal Father be disappointed?
Emperor: Come! Kill me-the emperor! Everything will come to an end.

Consort Lian: I have taken you from Yan Xi palace today, to let you see with your own eyes how my son claims the throne. Your son...will never have a chance again. 

Consort Yin: My Zhan-child will never lose!

Yan Jian Zheng: Your highness, disaster! Yuan Ling and his mother, together with the shaman tribe, has claimed power and taken the throne. Your mother has been forced to her death by leaping from the city walls. 

Yuan Zhan: What did you just say??? What has happened to my mother? Li Lin!!!

Li Lin: Present!
Yuan Zhan: Announce my command, surround Tian Du!

Soldiers: Yes!

12th prince: 7th brother!
Yuan Zhan: 12th brother! With the likes of the current situation, they actually allowed you to leave.

12th prince: Can you let go of today's battle?

Yuan Zhan: You have come today as 4th brother's spokesperson-peacemaker?

Qing Chen: Highness, if you do not intend for the throne in your heart, could you let go of this battle? 

Yuan Zhan: I can tolerate anything, but at the end, they forced my mother to her death. 

I suppose the show always wanted to give Duo Xia something akin to a patriot-martyr's send off... a self-sacrificing princess who put her country first so the war had to be played out to this extent. Backed into a corner and forced into a marriage at the 11th hour to save her people from further suffering and bloodshed, she's proven herself to be worthy of everyone's respect. It is the ultimate expression of love, to lay down one's life for others and from her sacrifice, the blood stone is formed.

It's seems a lot clearer too that the war signals the end of an era and marks the beginning of something else that's hopefully better. The war is ultimately a culmination of the rule of an emperor who was an unapologetic usurper and his reign may have on the surface brought some measure of stability but underlying it were rumbles of discontent... some of it came from elements within his own court, some of it undoubtedly caused by decisions made by him. On that note it is fitting that Prince Hao, the eldest has survived and has gone to find his freedom as a commoner. The war proved to him without a shadow of a doubt that ruling was not for him. Despite his birthright, he didn't want it. Essentially I think he lacked the ambition and a certain amount of ruthlessness to take the job. Prince Ming's an extreme on the other side of the spectrum. Maybe if his wife had lived, she might have tampered that more ambitious side to him but it's hard to say and he was marked out early on to be used by Consort Lian. I can't say I wasn't the tiniest bit glad that he finally got his just desserts (impalement seems to be reserved for the likes of him) and his female sidekick met hers. Consort Lian' who went off her rocker years earlier has finally been completely unmasked although still at large. I can't say Consort Yin is much better either.

I was also glad to see the end of Mu Ke Sha. I was a bit sorry for him in the early days but I think he finally did outstay his welcome. Anyone who is willing to sacrifice his own men and a whole lot of people so that he can get the girl can't be trusted to do the right thing on any level.

The time skip element of this drama is dodgy beyond belief. But it doesn't bother me in the scheme of things. I myself tend to think that there's a time loop going on because there's only one Qing Chen but whatever they do is going to be inexplicable on some level. (I just use the expression timeline to designate the alternate scenario) On the other hand, QC is phasing in and out much more in recent days which suggests to me a Marty McFly conundrum. But I'm sure if they want the leads to be together, they will handwave the time skip aspect at the drop of a hat. Most time travel tropes in Asian dramas are inherently problematic anyway because they never explain why the protagonists appear when they appear and why the results are what they are. There's an underlying assumption that there's some larger force at work... or the hand of Fate is guiding everything anyway. Usually I just take it as a vehicle for people changing history.

I haven't posted much in this forum and I haven't had time to keep up with all the conversation so if what I say rehashes old ground, I beg everyone's indulgence.

4 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

I suppose the show always wanted to give Duo Xia something akin to a patriot-martyr's send off... a self-sacrificing princess who put her country first so the war had to be played out to this extent. Backed into a corner and forced into a marriage at the 11th hour to save her people from further suffering and bloodshed, she's proven herself to be worthy of everyone's respect. It is the ultimate expression of love, to lay down one's life for others and from her sacrifice, the blood stone is formed.

It's seems a lot clearer too that the war signals the end of an era and marks the beginning of something else that's hopefully better. The war is ultimately a culmination of the rule of an emperor who was an unapologetic usurper and his reign may have on the surface brought some measure of stability but underlying it were rumbles of discontent... some of it came from elements within his own court, some of it undoubtedly caused by decisions made by him. On that note it is fitting that Prince Hao, the eldest has survived and has gone to find his freedom as a commoner. The war proved to him without a shadow of a doubt that ruling was not for him. Despite his birthright, he didn't want it. Essentially I think he lacked the ambition and a certain amount of ruthlessness to take the job. Prince Ming's an extreme on the other side of the spectrum. Maybe if his wife had lived, she might have tampered that more ambitious side to him but it's hard to say and he was marked out early on to be used by Consort Lian. I can't say I wasn't the tiniest bit glad that he finally got his just desserts (impalement seems to be reserved for the likes of him) and his female sidekick met hers. Consort Lian' who went off her rocker years earlier has finally been completely unmasked although still at large. I can't say Consort Yin is much better either.

I was also glad to see the end of Mu Ke Sha. I was a bit sorry for him in the early days but I think he finally did outstay his welcome. Anyone who is willing to sacrifice his own men and a whole lot of people so that he can get the girl can't be trusted to do the right thing on any level.

The time skip element of this drama is dodgy beyond belief. But it doesn't bother me in the scheme of things. I myself tend to think that there's a time loop going on because there's only one Qing Chen but whatever they do is going to be inexplicable on some level. (I just use the expression timeline to designate the alternate scenario) On the other hand, QC is phasing in and out much more in recent days which suggests to me a Marty McFly conundrum. But I'm sure if they want the leads to be together, they will handwave the time skip aspect at the drop of a hat. Most time travel tropes in Asian dramas are inherently problematic anyway because they never explain why the protagonists appear when they appear and why the results are what they are. There's an underlying assumption that there's some larger force at work... or the hand of Fate is guiding everything anyway. Usually I just take it as a vehicle for people changing history.

I haven't posted much in this forum and I haven't had time to keep up with all the conversation so if what I say rehashes old ground, I beg everyone's indulgence.

So glad to stumble and read your insights here...It's been ages shifu!!! @40somethingahjumma Just been a silent lurker but thanks for the fanfic really enjoying them a lot...It's my first time to meet William Chan and started to watch the drama just now coz I'm waiting to have all the epi to be subbed ...I was persuaded to watch this because of the director...still feeling nostalgic after watching TMOPB...really missing our discussions on the other thread...

11 hours ago, owlet78 said:

Absolutely love this scene! So much emotions from both of them and if I am not wrong, this is the first time that QC took the initiative to kiss YL. 

QC took the initiative when she was drunk at the Ling Wong consort selection:wub:. But yes loved this scene. 

Archived