[Mainland Chinese Drama 2017] Lost Love in Times 醉玲珑

sugarplum892

I kind of wished Yuan Zhan had let Jin Hui stay by his side.  I know he only loves Qing Chen, but I don't want him to be left alone, he seemed kind of lonely at the end.  

I think it also would have been nice if they included a scene with Yuan Che and Cai Qian. 

I'm still a little confused of Tao Yao coming back to life, but I was happy that her and Xi Xie finally got their happiness.  

Also did I miss what happened to Prime Minister Feng?  

Where's the promised daughter though? 

Overall, the ending was nice.  It was a little bit rushed, but I think it delivered most things nicely.  As for the drama, I'm going to be writing an in depth review for it later, I'll post a link to it here if you guys are interested.   But the most amazing thing about this series imo was the stunt choreography.  I wished they had cut out some of the political scenes in the middle, because honestly, it did get a little bland, watching the old people scheme *cough* Prime Minister Feng and Imperial Consort Yin  *cough*.  It would have been nice to see more development between the pair the first timeline instead.  But overall all the things that we initially pent up about Yuan Ling, I think got it's due recovery.  There are obviously still some plot holes, but I guess I can look over them.

It was also really nice being able to talk to you guys about everything.  I enjoyed that this community was so active when it came to this drama.  I've always only really discussed Chinese dramas with a few select friends, so having a lot of differing opinions in English was nice.  Whilst I can kind of read Chinese, I don't trust my ability enough to join Chinese discussions.  So thanks guys~  

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

correction... QC use all her power to close the 9 tail gate forever, the 9 mage stone no longer exist.. the Mage people no longer have power... this in turn able to get 12th prince to leave the gate.. and able to revise Elder Tao Yao from death for her master elder XiXie..

From now on there is no longer Mage people... no more mage land...no more 9 magic stone....

3 minutes ago, sc_4bfd6599c64db57788c51ac9bd9befd1 said:

correction... QC use all her power to close the 9 tail gate forever, the 9 mage stone no longer exist.. the Mage people no longer have power... this in turn able to get 12th prince to leave the gate.. and able to revise Elder Tao Yao from death for her master elder XiXie..

From now on there is no longer Mage people... no more mage land...

This. I love it.  Thanks.   

So where did YL's mom went to? 1st timeline?

It was a lovely happy ending. I'm too emotional right now. I think I need to sleep on it to gather all my thoughts. So sad it's ended, I don't know what I'm gonna fill my time with Now. Just lots of rewatching I suppose. It took me over a year to get over scarlet heart, probably will be the same for Lost Love In Times. :wub:

Yay! No.11 lives... but off screen... annoyingly. It means we'll have to imagine his happily-ever-after with Cai Qing. YZ... poor fellow gets the throne but doesn't get the girl which is typical. Life's a zero sum game in this universe. But he definitely doesn't look well. I can't imagine his rule lasting very long at all. As for Consort Lian, I'm not even quite sure where she went off too. It seemed like she got conveniently sucked into the portal while everyone was trying to save YL and CQ.

It always amuses me that everyone chastises the male lead about giving up everything for a woman but it is seldom said to him that he's a fool to give up everything for his ambitions. Seems like women or love (which is what it really is) ranks poorly in the hierarchy of felt needs. :D

It's not a bad ending... very sugary for a C fantasy-historical which I'm not really used to :tongue:. It's literally dripping of honey. I don't as a rule like fantasy wuxia but I like LSS and WC enough to have taken the plunge. Happily it was worth the effort. Speaking of which I thought William did some of his best acting in 55 and 56. Sure enough the time skip element was not really explained so that not only the OTP get to gallivant the world together but even the two Mage elders and No. 12 get to have their fairy tale ending.

As a whole I think this is one of the better C dramas I've seen. Most of them are a mixed bag but this one was consistently good. At least one doesn't get the feeling after watching it that it's been a complete waste of potential. I didn't find the first timeline that objectionable and it provided some level of justification for the urge to reset events. Although I wasn't as addicted to this show as much as I was with PA, I can easily concede that this was a much better constructed and executed drama all round. Everything about it made far more sense in terms of its playing out of the premise and world-building. The highlight for me was the fleshing out of the leads and supporting acts in the main working out of the story. How everyone was integrated into the story was good. It was excellent use of an ensemble cast. I especially liked the fact that the leads worked together even while Qing Chen was trying to keep YL at bay. Separation stories are a bit passe to me and I'm also a viewer that likes the OTP to do things together even when they're not a couple. As a crime fic addict and a political junkie the court intrigue, the plotting and scheming were generally quite palatable. While I did question Consort Lian's MO earlier on, some things did fall into place later on. Although the war did feel lengthy and dragged out, at the end of the day, it wasn't just about war. There were a whole lot of things going on and it did create opportunities for certain outcomes to occur.

Might take a bit of a break from on-airing C and K dramas for a bit. It's been a bit of a bumper year for C dramas this year but there's not enough hours in a day to follow every single one. The NIF spinoff looks interesting... I may take a look at that closer to Christmas. See you around.

@ces8 Good to see you around dear. Glad to hear that you're reading the PA fanfics. Missing our chats too. 

1 hour ago, bintangdilangit said:

This. I love it.  Thanks.   

So where did YL's mom went to? 1st timeline?

this is my theory only..

when YL mom saw how YL willing to sacrifice himself to turn into the stone to save QC.. she finally understand what true love is. She push YL out of the way.. and she herself turn into the 9th stone in order for the 9 tail gate to open.... 

YL and QC really define what real true love is.. love that is not selfish.. love that one willing to sacrifice for the other.. 

20 minutes ago, sc_4bfd6599c64db57788c51ac9bd9befd1 said:

this is my theory only..

when YL mom saw how YL willing to sacrifice himself to turn into the stone to save QC.. she finally understand what true love is. She push YL out of the way.. and she herself turn into the 9th stone in order for the 9 tail gate to open.... 

YL and QC really define what real true love is.. love that is not selfish.. love that one willing to sacrifice for the other.. 

That's what I assume too. Loved the ending even though had to sat through the war section but happy and sad. I sat through 20+ eps for "General and I" to reunite and an ok ending. I can stomach 8 eps of war and a really good ending. I can do it. Lol...

I wished they film a section with their daughter or see 11 prince but oh well. Happy to see lots of main couple scenes. 

Also, I am now a Xu Hai Qiao (YZ) fan but my heart belongs to William and a loyal fan as well. Lol

Actually I think the part with Yuan Ling's mother turning into the 9th stone was a little strange.  What Xi Xie told Yuan Ling was that Yuan Ling and Qing Chen are the dual stars, aka one can sacrifice to to save the other, which was what Yuan Ling intended to do that day.   When Yuan Ling's mother pushed him away, I saw that as an act to save his life.  But what I don't understand is how she was able to take his place.  But then again the missing stone was the one used on Yuan Che, so maybe it had to do with the idea of swapping one's life for another.  

As for Yuan Ling giving up everything.  What I see in this case, is that Yuan Ling's goal wasn't to become the emperor.  His goal was to make sure that the civilians would be safe and not worried about the constant wars.  Whilst Qing Chen was a factor, I think he overall had seen enough of the battle for the throne.  He watched three of his brothers die because of the fight and he really didn't want to see another go, hence he decided it was in his best decision to leave the throne to Yuan Zhan.  Again, this is a little bit of a plot hole too, because it looked like Yuan Zhan had blocked away any possibility that he would have children to continue his line, and it's set during the Northern and Southern dynasties, where continuous war was basically inevitable.  Which again is another plot hole, because the drama had placed that the sorceress clan was one of Western Wei's most advantageous attributes. 

How my heart broke for poor Yuan Zhan ...he may be victorious in the "fight" for the throne but lost everything that mattered. Not a fight he asked to be part of to begin with, but fulfilled nonetheless to make sense of the sacrifices made on his behalf. The melancholy and torn emotions of Zhan especially his last meeting with Qing Chen as he scrambled to hold on to a disappearing Qing Chen broke my heart, and the way Joe Xu emoted the pain was too real. I almost want to clone a Qing Chen for Zhan just to see him happy for once, and if you ask me doesnt deserve her any less than Yuan Ling.  

Some Chinese viewers pointed out Zhan seems to show he loves/cares for QC more than YL. And I have to agree. (Personally I don't find there to be much OTP chemistry for a good chunk of the drama though it gets better). 

Funny thing is, without Qing Chen, Yuan Ling  will probably will move on after awhile based on his personality. On the other hand, Zhan acts as if he won't be happy without her in his life, and that is very much the case. His last line was even "never again will there be room in my heart for another". 

Of the entire cast Joe Xu impressed me the most. I read the author praised Joe Xu for bringing Zhan to life and said his portrayal was her favorite and everything she imagined Yuan Zhan to be. His acting in this drama truly made me notice this actor, and I look forward to seeing him in much less depressing roles. Yuan Zhan always gave me a heavy heart and Joe Xu nails these characters too well lol

1 hour ago, peanutbutterjellytime said:

How my heart broke for poor Yuan Zhan ...he may be victorious in the "fight" for the throne but lost everything that mattered. Not a fight he asked to be part of to begin with, but fulfilled nonetheless to make sense of the sacrifices made on his behalf. The melancholy and torn emotions of Zhan especially his last meeting with Qing Chen as he scrambled to hold on to a disappearing Qing Chen broke my heart, and the way Joe Xu emoted the pain was too real. I almost want to clone a Qing Chen for Zhan just to see him happy for once, and if you ask me doesnt deserve her any less than Yuan Ling.  

Some Chinese viewers pointed out Zhan seems to show he loves/cares for QC more than YL. And I have to agree. (Personally I don't find there to be much OTP chemistry for a good chunk of the drama though it gets better). 

Funny thing is, without Qing Chen, Yuan Ling  will probably will move on after awhile based on his personality. On the other hand, Zhan acts as if he won't be happy without her in his life, and that is very much the case. His last line was even "never again will there be room in my heart for another". 

Of the entire cast Joe Xu impressed me the most. I read the author praised Joe Xu for bringing Zhan to life and said his portrayal was her favorite and everything she imagined Yuan Zhan to be. His acting in this drama truly made me notice this actor, and I look forward to seeing him in much less depressing roles. Yuan Zhan always gave me a heavy heart and Joe Xu nails these characters too well lol

I'm so happy to hear that I'm not the only one that feels this way!

Zhan definitely deserved Qing Chen just as much as Ling does. Sometimes, I felt that Zhan may have loved QC more than Ling but that might be me. You're so right! I totally see YL moving on without QC though. 

What was odd for me was that I loved Ling at the beginning and slowly, over time as the drama went on - loved him less and less. On the other hand, I was skeptical of Zhan but over time, I started loving him more and more in the drama and rooting for him. Maybe this was just me? Don't know why, Zhan has my heart <3

Just finished subbed episodes of 44-50, my dears you were right - I wasted 6 hours of nothing except for loving Zhan more knowing he'd sacrifice himself for QC but I think I knew that already. What a waste of 6 episodes!

Will have to watch the RAW episodes of 50-56 for now. Here's to hoping we are all still around to discuss the ending!!

The drama has a super satisfying ending....viewers are left really happy with the nice endin ^^ William and Liu Shi shi acting is so gooood.. =) =)   i was wondering if Nicky wu got jealous at some point of filming??   Loll.. i also saw one of Bts(forgot which onr cause there are so manyy) that Liu Shi shi playing games on her mobile phone  while leaning on WC body.?  Haha they must be super goodfriend..

the downside is the 8-9 episodes of war is too draggy.  Sighhh. I fast forwarded those war things .  ,(

55 minutes ago, kthienaiii said:

I'm so happy to hear that I'm not the only one that feels this way!

Zhan definitely deserved Qing Chen just as much as Ling does. Sometimes, I felt that Zhan may have loved QC more than Ling but that might be me. You're so right! I totally see YL moving on without QC though. 

What was odd for me was that I loved Ling at the beginning and slowly, over time as the drama went on - loved him less and less. On the other hand, I was skeptical of Zhan but over time, I started loving him more and more in the drama and rooting for him. Maybe this was just me? Don't know why, Zhan has my heart <3

Just finished subbed episodes of 44-50, my dears you were right - I wasted 6 hours of nothing except for loving Zhan more knowing he'd sacrifice himself for QC but I think I knew that already. What a waste of 6 episodes!

Will have to watch the RAW episodes of 50-56 for now. Here's to hoping we are all still around to discuss the ending!!

I feel the same way too. Even in the book or the drama, i love YZ chatacter. He sacrafiiced a lot for QC and deserved to have some happiness. YL was my favorite at the beginning but like u said as the story went on my heart shifted toward YZ more and there was something about YL character that i did not see that was right or there anymore. The only thing YZ lost to YL was that QC met YL first and therefore YZ never had a chance because QC's heart was already set dead on YL. Just love YZ.

*spoiler alert :ph34r:

I just have a few more questions:

When Duo Xia and Mu Kesha got married, does that mean YL and DX divorce already?

When YL and QC was getting married wouldn't YC and Yin Caiqian attended the wedding?  I mean YL and YC was the closest. Unless his injury is so severe, that he can't walk?

*Side note:The wedding at the Meandearing Sky scenery with cherry blossom tree and the color contrast gave a Eternal Love (TMOPB) :wub:. Euphoria! But not a fan of YL and QC's wedding clothes tho, sorry not sorry. Something is just off about it. Ha!

At the end the Ling Long guardian became a human and with no power?

That time when QC in white when she was releasing her power and her dress form "wings" was so symbolic. It was so beautiful.    I don't know why, but I cried during that scene. Anyone else?

Also So, in this drama, YL and QC never officially gotten married, right?  That is terrible.

Come on guys, one more discussion in our round table, potluck is on me. :D

1 hour ago, valerie86 said:

The drama has a super satisfying ending....viewers are left really happy with the nice endin ^^ William and Liu Shi shi acting is so gooood.. =) =)   i was wondering if Nicky wu got jealous at some point of filming??   Loll.. i also saw one of Bts(forgot which onr cause there are so manyy) that Liu Shi shi playing games on her mobile phone  while leaning on WC body.?  Haha they must be super goodfriend..

the downside is the 8-9 episodes of war is too draggy.  Sighhh. I fast forwarded those war things .  ,(

She was leaning on his shoulder, so that they could keep the position as the cameras moved to film different angles.  And that takes time, so she played games.  I don't doubt that they're friends though, Shi Shi and William Chan seem like they have pretty similar personalities, so I think they could be good friends.  

30 minutes ago, bintangdilangit said:

*spoiler alert :ph34r:

I just have a few more questions:

When Duo Xia and Mu Kesha got married, does that mean YL and DX divorce already?

When YL and QC was getting married wouldn't YC and Yin Caiqian attended the wedding?  I mean YL and YC was the closest. Unless his injury is so severe, that he can't walk?

*Side note:The wedding at the Meandearing Sky scenery with cherry blossom tree and the color contrast gave a Eternal Love (TMOPB) :wub:. Euphoria! But not a fan of YL and QC's wedding clothes tho, sorry not sorry. Something is just off about it. Ha!

At the end the Ling Long guardian became a human and with no power?

That time when QC in white when she was releasing her power and her dress form "wings" was so symbolic. It was so beautiful.    I don't know why, but I cried during that scene. Anyone else?

Also So, in this drama, YL and QC never officially gotten married, right?  That is terrible.

Come on guys, one more discussion in our round table, potluck is on me. :D

After Qing Chen's encounter with Yuan Zhan, she only had 6 hours left.  Yuan Che was seriously injured as well and it probably was going to take him time to recover, but even so travelling from Ah-Cai Tribe to the capital takes several days as we saw in their journey at the beginning.  

1 hour ago, bintangdilangit said:

Not sure what you were watching but they did get married like twice, if you aint gon count ep 5 its okay but in the end they did get married at the Mage place where they ties knot and Where the elder gave em blessing

Archived