[Drama 2016/2017] Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo, 역도 요정 김복주

Maetawinz

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just finished Weightlifting Fairy and I was so surprised with Nam Joo Hyuk's character here. Mainly because he acted here so well and the character suits him. This is in contrast with Moon Lovers where I never felt his character and his acting was wooden. Here he excelled a lot. Jeong Hyun was my favorite character!:wub:

Happy Birthday Nam Joo Hyuk and I will certainly look forward to your next project,Bride of the Water God. 

7 hours ago, Joey_Zee said:

Hi. Just want to ask if anyone ha ordered the jackets because I saw in ktown that they open preorder for the jackets (swimming and weightlifting team). I thought this will be given randomly? http://www.ktown4u.com/iteminfo?grp_no=107979&goods_no=28133

BTW. Happy birthday to Nam Joo Hyuk! Hihi. :) <3

I think you can also purchase aside from the 10 lucky winners from the preorder period :) (lottery random pick) hehehe

6 hours ago, yjspanda said:

What region is the DVD? I want to order it but I want to make sure I can play it in the USA. 

I don't know for sure on this one but it's usually Region 3. I bought a cheap DVD player from Walmart that I hacked to play all regions and I use it for all my DVDs I buy from Asia. There is a website that lists all the hacks. I can send you the link if you PM me. I'm not sure if I can post it here. I've also bought and hacked DVDs and given them as gifts to my sister and friends and they all loved it. :D

Yes totally love the new drama! For those of you that need a drama to move onto from WLFKBJ, Strong Woman Do Bong Soon is what you need to watch. It's so hilarious and good script writing.

And it's probably coincidence, but it's as if this new drama pays homage to Bok Joo by making the mother of the leading female a former weight lifter and passed down her super strength to her daughter. And her name starts with a b - Bong Soon. Even the hair is similar, short red hair. Imagine Bok Joo having a daughter with a mutated gene giving her supergirl-like strength!!!!! I would have flipped if they said her dad was a former swimmer. Here's the forum to SWDBS: 

Are my Fairies still alive? I really miss this thread, the drama and all of you swag fairies out there. 

We really need a second season :( 

On 09/03/2017 at 2:31 AM, anom65 said:

Sigh looks like ppl have moved on, but hey Happy International Women's Day!!!! Be fearless and driven like KBJ! SUWAAGG!!!

I have moved on but very sllllooowlly. My friends and I are still watching WFKBJ. A question, how old were KBJ and JJH when they met again at the bike accident in Haneul? 19 or 20??

On 3/8/2017 at 1:31 PM, anom65 said:

Sigh looks like ppl have moved on, but hey Happy International Women's Day!!!! Be fearless and driven like KBJ! SUWAAGG!!!

Nah I couldn't move on yet! Can't get into any other drama even though I tried ! 

Wahhh...there's still some of you here...i posted this on the shippers thread, thought I'd do the same here. Kiss compilation released by MBC a couple of days back. All the feels....:wub:

11 hours ago, triplem said:

Wahhh...there's still some of you here...i posted this on the shippers thread, thought I'd do the same here. Kiss compilation released by MBC a couple of days back. All the feels....:wub:

I just so hard to let this drama go. The thread of Fairy is still my bookmarked page when I want to visit soompi.

This video reminds me of so many good scenes and memories, I miss it so much. 

2 hours ago, dhakra said:

I just so hard to let this drama go. The thread of Fairy is still my bookmarked page when I want to visit soompi.

This video reminds me of so many good scenes and memories, I miss it so much. 

I can't help but click when I saw your name highlighted on this thread.

Agreed that this is one of the most impressive KD of the year, for me it is.  The current drama of SWDBS does give us a slight vibe of this drama.  Just for the fun of it, even Soompi give us this Quiz to check whether we are more of Dong Bong Soon or Kim Bok Joo? 

4 hours ago, Yongzura said:

I can't help but click when I saw your name highlighted on this thread.

Agreed that this is one of the most impressive KD of the year, for me it is.  The current drama of SWDBS does give us a slight vibe of this drama.  Just for the fun of it, even Soompi give us this Quiz to check whether we are more of Dong Bong Soon or Kim Bok Joo? 

:blink: Oh, thank you, it's nice to read such a nice compliment.^_^ 

I have to say that DBS started with a Fairy vibe for me aswell, but somehow DBS lost it.  I will try that quiz, but I'm pretty sure of the outcome.

10 hours ago, NhicarT said:

Dere s anyone know wh

Does anyone know where else to buy the DVd? Its alteady out of stock at ktown4u T_T

You will have to keep an eye out on the Cafe Daum site to see if they open another pre-order period. Right now is the second payment period for people who only paid half of the full cost previously. I think they might open another preorder period after that but   I am not sure. You can join the cafe and post and ask them. They will answer questions posted in English. 

If you miss the preorder period entirely then the only other option is to buy it later- sometimes they will sell the DVD later but without special preorder goods. Or, some sites like yesasia will buy extra copies to sell on their website but usually for a much higher price. It may or may not come with the special goods. 

Archived