[Drama 2017] Missing Nine 미씽나인

Go Seung Ji

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another thing caught my attention, SH's body and how fine it looked when they found it, I think she wasn't dead for a long time, and if we count how many days has passed since BH's return (judging from their clothes change it has been several days if not a week or two), she definitely didn't die so long before BH's rescue, unless all the rest of them died in short period together, she was either the last one to die or the only one dead.

33 minutes ago, Chi Le said:

there are more people on the plane but the name is missing 9 hm hm... one of them is known dead, the dead girl is on the poster

are they still shooting or preproduction?

It's still shooting ..

Missing 9: Episode 2

by LollyPip | January 20, 2017 | 8 Comments

Missing02-00173a.jpg

This episode is even better than the first, as we start to discover the secrets of what exactly what happened on that island. Every answer still raises more questions, and though Bong-hee tries her best to regain her memory, it’s not fast enough to satisfy those in power. But does she really have amnesia, or does she have a reason to pretend not to remember what happened on that island?

Read more http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/01/missing-9-episode-2/

Spoiler

Bong-hee wears cheerful yellow, red, blue, and colorful prints in her interviews, and she even washed up on the beach in China in a yellow sweatshirt. It feels as though the bland color palette is, at the very least, there to denote when we’re experiencing Bong-hee’s memories — it’s entirely possible that the castaways weren’t actually wearing all earth tones, but it’s just that Bong-hee doesn’t remember what they were wearing, so we see her memories in sepia tones.

LollyPip

a very good theory, out of all the theories about the color scheme, this one makes most sense ..

There's a really quick scene that we're shown when BH is giving her recollections. It's of her and JO hugging and he tells her to leave in a hurry. This suggests to me that they develop some kind of relationship over the four months and that the castaways have some kind of plan unfolding to protect themselves. I'm sure at least some of them are still alive. It could be that someone amongst them is trying to pick them off one by one and they're trying to figure out who.

Spoiler

Remember the songwriter that took a nose dive and landed right in front of them on top of a car? It could have something to do with that.

Well, that's my theory anyway... and I'm sticking to it. :D

For now at least. :wink:

I swear I could have strangled our male lead here...

giphy.gif

And here...even if he is my boss...:lol:

giphy.gif

I have to say male lead is a riot!  Perfect casting. Female lead too. In spite of  her sweet demeanor , she is one tough cookie, a real survivor and no push over. I like that MBC is breaking a lot of stereotypes in their recent offerings (this and WLFKBJ) , at least where the male & female lead characters are concerned.

I enjoyed the 2nd eps , though the tone is more mysterious and darker now.  I'm worried for our Bong hee as I feel her life is in greater danger now that she has been found. Does she really have post-trauma amnesia? And I agree with you @dhakra & @JojoCx3 she is hiding something. But perhaps that memory is so traumatic that she is at this point sub-consciously blocking it out. 

If I have to be picky the show has some inconsistencies. As mentioned by @Chi Le and @Seiran029...how did the rest survive? How come So hee's body  was not decomposed? (was that her name, the last actress they found? ).  Talking about her , she freaks me out a little. Something truly disturbing about her. 

14 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Not bad. Show definitely picked up during the second episode. But in that first episode I thought to myself... by golly how many unpleasant human beings can one manage to assemble together on a single plane... No wonder that expensive flying contraption took a nose dive from an overload of egos and unspoken tension

@40somethingahjumma...enjoyed reading both your post. Liking your latest theory. The highlighted point cracked me up. I mean the president is really something - to have all the belts removed. Actually I'm surprised so many survived and did not die of concussion !

@evie7... you know the part where he finally made himself useful and also the part in her flashback when they hugged..I think he will step up later though he will still be quite the diva. The k-drama fan girl in me still needs a hero, lol!

2 minutes ago, MiAmour said:

At your 1st gif. i laughed so hard at that scene,

why he even dust off the fire? hes such a clumsy dude :sweatingbullets: 

Lol! I know rite. I think Jung Kyung Ho plays this role very well. You hate him but you love him too - that kind of feeling.

This drama is exciting I love Chanyeol in that Chinese movie, and I've never seen Tae Oh act before to be my first time all I know him as Zico's friend and Bomi's husband. And I love Kyung Ho's acting in Heartless City I rewatch it when I'm bored. 

1 hour ago, triplem said:

Lol! I know rite. I think Jung Kyung Ho plays this role very well. You hate him but you love him too - that kind of feeling.

Yeah, that scene where he was dreaming about food and eating was quite funny although I was yelling for him to wake up because I knew exactly what was going on with him and their very limited rations.

It's irksome the way he bullies BH into submission although he does get his comeuppance later but he can be quite sweet. Even when he forced her debone the fish, he was considerate enough to think about turn-taking.

I imagine that being on the island indefinitely will force him to grow up and start taking care of the people around him as opposed to  being waited upon hand and foot.

16 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Not bad. Show definitely picked up during the second episode. But in that first episode I thought to myself... by golly how many unpleasant human beings can one manage to assemble together on a single plane... No wonder that expensive flying contraption took a nose dive from an overload of egos and unspoken tension

Joon-O is quite a bundle of contradictions... but he's starting to really get his act together quick smart and take leadership. I was super impressed that he even thought about making a torch much less make one. He may be a first class jerkass but he can rise to the occasion.

Really liked Bong Hee and it's always a welcome relief to see another capable female lead in recent drama offerings.

The drama certainly has possibilities and the acting especially by the leads is lot better than I expected. I didn't recognize them (JKH and BJH) under all that grunge and my interest in this was aroused only because of Han Jung Hoon, the writer who gave us Bad Guys and TF 38. The intriguing elements are there... I keep wondering why BH never refers to JO in her recollections... does she not remember him or is she concealing information deliberately to protect him and the others. At this point in time I'm assuming that the plane was sabotaged and somebody definitely wanted that plane to come crashing down.

There are Lost resonances but I think there are striking differences too which gives me hope that we're in for a good ride.

@40somethingahjumma Hello, I was wondering the same thing why she didn't mention him. Then I thought was she surrounded by all the dead bodies that she thought they was alive you know like some kind of mirage or something.. I also expect the plan was sabotage.. I think these were the people that was costing the company money from royalties to god knows whatever.. This was the bunch to get rid of because they were doing the company more harm then good.. Now the brother thinks that his sister was murderer.. So was it to place them on that island to pick them off one by one.. It's a very interesting drama.. BTW just saw vyour other comment you came to this conclusion also..

3 hours ago, nammminn said:

This drama is exciting I love Chanyeol in that Chinese movie, and I've never seen Tae Oh act before to be my first time all I know him as Zico's friend and Bomi's husband. And I love Kyung Ho's acting in Heartless City I rewatch it when I'm bored. 

That character Tae Oh is Choi taejoon, you can check his previous project here:smirk:

4 hours ago, triplem said:

And here...even if he is my boss...:lol:

I have to say male lead is a riot!  Perfect casting. Female lead too. In spite of  her sweet demeanor , she is one tough cookie, a real survivor and no push over. I like that MBC is breaking a lot of stereotypes in their recent offerings (this and WLFKBJ) , at least where the male & female lead characters are concerned.

I completely agree. I approve that they choose to establish these kind of female characters, but sometimes I really wish that BH would be even more confident in her actions. Especially in the second gif you posted I was really upset that she did it for him. I would have loved it if she strengthen her point there and made him clear that she isn't his stylist anymore, but rather the only reason why he is still alive. Gosh.

4 hours ago, triplem said:

If I have to be picky the show has some inconsistencies. As mentioned by @Chi Le and @Seiran029...how did the rest survive? How come So hee's body  was not decomposed? (was that her name, the last actress they found? ).  Talking about her , she freaks me out a little. Something truly disturbing about her.

On 19.1.2017 at 10:15 PM, Chi Le said:

I know its impossible to talk about logic in a fantasy drama but after the first episode my expectation was high. One bonus is the music is still good and the fun part is still hillarious.

How many days were only two of them? From the food I could say they could last at least a week. But how is the exo guy and the girls eat nothing for a week and still ok?

And their clothes dont seem that much dirty.

It wasn't the only thing that was a bit confusing, what really doubted me was the scene where Ji-Ah send them a light to the beach with some kind of electronic device. I may not have the best current phone at home, but I highly doubt that a smartphone or tablet can send a bright light across the island after DAYS of lying around in the dirt. Even if the phone/tablet is able to send this kind of light, I had enough devices to know that after three days top, these things have a flat battery. But lets say that this was on energy control mode the whole time and has some energy left, the device was under water for some period of time. Never.

But you know, I agree with @Chi Le, it's impossible to talk about logic and as long as the story doesn't suffer too much from this, I'm okay with that.

Oh and @triplem Yes that was her name: Yoon So-Hee and I have to agree, I'm not the sadest panda that she dies.

2 hours ago, dhakra said:

It wasn't the only thing that was a bit confusing, what really doubted me was the scene where Ji-Ah send them a light to the beach with some kind of electronic device. I may not have the best current phone at home, but I highly doubt that a smartphone or tablet can send a bright light across the island after DAYS of lying around in the dirt. Even if the phone/tablet is able to send this kind of light, I had enough devices to know that after three days top, these things have a flat battery. But lets say that this was on energy control mode the whole time and has some energy left, the device was under water for some period of time. Never.

I did wonder about that. It does beg the question... has Samsung finally developed a high powered, air-bagged, water-proof smartphone that not only survives transport disasters but automatically goes into hibernation when it comes into contact with water?

Maybe this was the reason for the plane crash... industrial espionage. The phone was a prototype that Ji-A was given to launch at the concert. The competition got wind of it and sent one their hoods to sabotage the plane. 

It wasn't about the people, it was about the damn phone!

6 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

I did wonder about that. It does beg the question... has Samsung finally developed a high powered, air-bagged, water-proof smartphone that not only survives transport disasters but automatically goes into hibernation when it comes into contact with water?

Maybe this was the reason for the plane crash... industrial espionage. The phone was a prototype that Ji-A was given to launch at the concert. The competition got wind of it and sent one their hoods to sabotage the plane. 

It wasn't about the people, it was about the damn phone!

YES, exactly! And the comission isn't about finding them, they want to find that island to recover the phone! I think we're onto something here. :joy:

[Drama Review] 'Missing 9' - Episode 2

lee-sun-bin_1484962059_2.jpg

Even from a viewer's point of view, I'm finding it a little difficult to completely take her story as real. My point goes along with the observation from episode 1, in that because a good part of the story is told from Bong Hee's memory, and memory tends to be selective and imaginative, even if Bong Hee doesn't mean to remember things the way she does, she could be leaving out important details. This is also a good time for me to again point out the slight difference in scene structure, with the two screen shots below: 

lee-sun-bin_1484962012_4.jpg
In this scene, which is a foggy memory in Bong Hee's head, the screen becomes thinner, and you can see the MBC logo and the drama's title outside of the frame. When scenes become like this, how much of it is real?  lee-sun-bin_1484962014_5.jpg
This scene is a little tricky as well, since it is a scene that Lee Yeol (played by EXO's Chanyeol) told Bong Hee about instead of Bong Hee actually living it herself, but the main difference from the previous scene is that the logos sit inside the frame. The overall gray tone of the scene is still a big indicator to tell it apart from other scenes taking place in reality. 

Read more: http://www.allkpop.com/article/2017/01/drama-review-missing-9-episode-2

--------

The screenshots theory is interesting!

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "Missing 9" Episode 2

First things first, I want to talk about Bong-hee (Baek Jin-hee) and her very intriguing, very refreshing personality. The lady is clearly highly perceptive, as evident by the fact that even after all her trauma, she can read her interrogators and their intentions like an open book. She is a natural survivor, but this also brings about some possibilities which are unnerving. I consider Bong-hee capable of harm and I love how the creators and actress hint at this just enough to spark doubt.

The next big question to address is whether Bong-hee's memory is gone due to trauma or whether she is pretending. The "why" in both is exciting to think about. If the crash did not break her, what could traumatize her to the point of denial through memory loss? Is it just So-hee's (Ryoo Won) murder? If she does remember, why would she fear the consequences of telling people?

read more: http://www.hancinema.net/hancinema-s-drama-review-missing-9-episode-2-102565.html

----

Bong-hee killed So-hee and she's acting innocent .. that's all I can think about!! or was it Joon-oh who killed her and that's what Bong-hee is hiding!? So-hee doesn't like Joon-oh and think he's dangerous, maybe he will really turns out as a dangerous man afterall! 

On 21.01.2017 at 1:33 AM, MiAmour said:

At your 1st gif. i laughed so hard at that scene,

why he even dust off the fire? hes such a clumsy dude  

Me too. I laughed so hard when he dust off the fire he started so hard. :w00t: Jung Kyung ho is perfect for this role. I had to reminded myself a couple of times that this is not Kang Min ho (another clumsy character of JKH). Seo Joon Oh is at another level. Such a diva.

On 21.01.2017 at 2:53 AM, 40somethingahjumma said:

Yeah, that scene where he was dreaming about food and eating was quite funny although I was yelling for him to wake up because I knew exactly what was going on with him and their very limited rations.

When I saw Bong Hee in his dream, I knew for certain that he is eating all the food. She is too nice. I would have kicked him harder. 

When he asked her to debone the fish.... She actually knew that she has the upper hand and still did it anyway. When he constantly behave like a diva, telling her that he will fire her, she kept her cool and finally told him to do it and shut his mouth. He is overcompensating with this behavior. I guess, it is better to survive with an annoying boss than be alone there. :phew:   I think she is starting to see through him. Like how genuine concerned he was when they found Lee Yeol. How lucky they are that she was trained to survive on her own.

I am hooked with this show. I see some inconsistencies too but I won`t be picky. I really want the overall story to make sense in the end.

About the heroine`s story. I don`t think she remembers everything. I mean she doesn`t seam to remember what happen to her. I think Bong Hee spend time with Soo hee in her hast moments. That`s why she has the necklace. Maybe both get out off that island to bring help but they were prevented to do it?  They were found in bad condition. Bong Hee woke up from another accident and So Hee was dead. They were found in another island, right? I believe they have not been found in the same place they survived. If there are other survivors, Bong Hee`s memory will be crucial to save them. The audience will find out the whole story through Bong Hee. I cheer for her to be the heroine and save the others or to find the truth behind the conspiracy.

One thing is sure. All the people there will have to grow as character. Maybe we don`t have a bittersweet ending. To see Joon Oh grow the entire drama and in the end he will sacrifice himself to save the others. But I am ready for the journey. :sweatingbullets:

Seeing this drama I even looked for survival hacks. :w00t: We won`t be on a deserted island but we never know when we need basic information to survive when critical situations arise. 

How to start a fire with a sandwich bag...

Spoiler

Archived