[Drama 2017] Missing Nine 미씽나인

Go Seung Ji

On 1/21/2017 at 5:31 PM, 40somethingahjumma said:

I did wonder about that. It does beg the question... has Samsung finally developed a high powered, air-bagged, water-proof smartphone that not only survives transport disasters but automatically goes into hibernation when it comes into contact with water?

Maybe this was the reason for the plane crash... industrial espionage. The phone was a prototype that Ji-A was given to launch at the concert. The competition got wind of it and sent one their hoods to sabotage the plane. 

It wasn't about the people, it was about the damn phone!

22 hours ago, dhakra said:

YES, exactly! And the comission isn't about finding them, they want to find that island to recover the phone! I think we're onto something here. :joy:

You guys cracked me up...on the subject of Samsung phones: http://www.smh.com.au/comment/samsung-phones-have-a-bigger-problem-than-catching-on-fire-20161020-gs7ddh.html....:lol:...phone exploding theory in the cargo may be a possible angle.

1 hour ago, larus said:

How to start a fire with a sandwich bag...

Almost died laughing..that's such a good tip. Lol! I can forsee that this show & this thread is going to give us endless hours of humour. 

Also the screenshot theory posted by @JojoCx3 above is what I call as hardcore observation. I did not even notice it.

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/21/2017 at 8:32 AM, dhakra said:
On 1/21/2017 at 1:31 AM, 40somethingahjumma said:

Maybe this was the reason for the plane crash... industrial espionage. The phone was a prototype that Ji-A was given to launch at the concert. The competition got wind of it and sent one their hoods to sabotage the plane. 

It wasn't about the people, it was about the damn phone!

YES, exactly! And the comission isn't about finding them, they want to find that island to recover the phone! I think we're onto something here. :joy:

:sweatingbullets: Sorry my post got deleted

I have no doubt that we're meant to be suspicious of Bong Hee's testimony. clearly the show is doing its best to cast aspersions on her reliability as a witness and a narrator. Even I have my doubts just based on the fact that she doesn't mention JO in any of her recollections. But to suggest that she had a hand in SH's death... I feel we're jumping the gun here. So far what we have are memory fragments that aren't even contextualized. SH is was already traumatized and suicidal even before she was found by the three of them and we still haven't seen the other survivors yet to be certain of their intentions. As far as I'm concerned, I'm willing to give BH the benefit of the doubt because as far as we know, she's the only outsider, unconnected to these people.  

Apart from super-powered, water-proof mobile phones and other niggly things, the set-up is generally good because all these people know each other and are connected professionally at least. (It's still possible for them to find some way of explaining the presence of smartphones on the island later on) It's not like they're on some kind of commercial flight as strangers and suddenly find that they're all connected in some way. Although I think the show gives the impression that it's like Lost, I think it has far more in common with an Agatha Christie mystery or Rashamon even. 

Hello everyone. I decide to watch this drama because the synopsis is interesting and the plot is unpredictable :D

I must admit I wish I can see Kang Haneul become a lead role in this drama, but well, I'm quite satisfied with the casts after 2 episodes :) Somehow this drama reminds me of Blue Lagoon movie. I wish the survival part will be more detailed on the next episodes so it becomes more realistic. It's good enough in the first two episodes but I wish to see more :)

And I wonder will Chanyeol become the second lead male? aaahhh I hope so! 

btw is it only me, but everytime I see Jung Kyung Ho he looks like Baekhyun + Jinwoo from Winner :D lol

2 hours ago, clarissasan said:

And I wonder will Chanyeol become the second lead male? aaahhh I hope so! 

btw is it only me, but everytime I see Jung Kyung Ho he looks like Baekhyun + Jinwoo from Winner :D lol

No, Chanyeol won't be the second male lead, there won't be any I think. Chanyeol just will be the bright maknae. 

There's a little similarities between Jinwoo and Kyungho, but Baek idk? I don't see it. 

2 hours ago, triplem said:

So what will be expecting today hmm? Btw does anyone know the ratings? Kind of curious

Dream vs reality.... I really like our leads.

First things first, this may sound weird from a guy, but I really like her hair in the first picture, especially with the flower in it.

I rewatched the preview to answer the question what to expect and.....I really don't have any clue what I expect from todays episode. Great, isn't it? ^_^ As long as they treat BH well, everything is fine for me and I just want to know how the story continues.

“Missing 9” Producer Promises Great Acting By EXO’s Chanyeol In Drama

EXO Chanyeol Missing 9

EXO’s Chanyeol is currently appearing on “Missing 9,” and the producer of the drama has asked the viewers to look forward to the idol’s growth as an actor.

Producer Jang Hyun Jin said, “Chanyeol didn’t have many parts in the beginning of the drama, so he couldn’t show off his acting ability. However, you will definitely be able to see his acting skills as the episodes go on.”

The producer explained the background of the drama, saying, “Nine survivors of a plane crash end up in an island together. There are veteran actors playing parts in this drama. Chanyeol is [in scenes] together with those actors and fitting in well and being influenced by them. [Chanyeol] is following the actors well and is receiving help from them in terms of acting. There are comical parts, but Chanyeol will also be acting out emotional scenes in desperate situations.”

He asked the viewers to anticipate Chanyeol’s influence in the drama, saying, “One of the key aspects of the drama will be watching Chanyeol grow as an actor.”

Many fans are excited to see Chanyeol’s acting talent shine in “Missing 9.” It airs every Wednesday and Thursday at 10 p.m. KST on MBC.

Source (1)

Archived