[ Drama 2016] The K2 더 케이투

MindfulL

Oh, heheh...I didn't realize that there had been an existing thread of this drama already. ^_^ I hope mod will delete my other thread. 

I'm not sure if you remember that all 3 main leads of 'The K2'  (JCW, Yoona and Song Yoon Ah) appeared on the same KBS World Entertainment Weekly show on 7/24/2015 . It must be destiny. LOL :lol: Another funny fact : http://www.soompi.com/2012/12/28/ji-chang-wook-chooses-song-hye-gyo-over-yoona-as-his-ideal-type/ . Now I understand why Yoona refused the offer to star with JCW initially. Haha...She was not happy with JCW (just kidding). 

Anyway, I am very excited for this upcoming drama. 

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TVN brings out teaser.

Me: YAYYYYY..thank you so much...I'm so happy.

*checks teaser*

Me: what is this? Is that all? Why do this to me? It's not funny TVN..its not..I'm really not laughing. y'all can't play with my Emotions like that.

Really hoping this is good.. seems to be quick.. Wasn't it just few weeks when we learned  of the confirmed cast? I hope it's not rushed.  I just want a good story line a good action drama with good decent acting. I've been missing action drama since My Beautiful Bride.  I've not watch Whirlwind  Girl ( JCW cdrama) but I'm gonna watch this.  It's modern it's action / with romance.. I'm waiting.

THE K2 DROPS MYSTERIOUS FIRST TEASER

k2

It is really JUST a teaser – nothing but sounds of police siren, squealing wheels and hurried footsteps. tvN’s fall drama stars Ji Chang Wook, Song Yoon Ah and Yoona in a story centred on a bodyguard who guards the presidential candidate’s wife but falls in love with the illegitimate daughter of the (another?) presidential candidate. I’m not too sure whether it is the same candidate though but I believe the individual being one and the same would definitely make things more complicated. I love Yoona but I’m no fan of Ji Chang Wook. But I can’t resist a bodyguard-ish story. So will definitely check this out.

https://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/2016/08/12/the-k2-drops-mysterious-first-teaser/

Ah I found another thread with "The K2" title in this forum, Where should we headed? If we're going to use this one kindly our great mods delete the other one. thank you very much :) 

20 hours ago, konjo said:

Is it okay to post fanmade videos/pictures here?

As previously mentioned, of course it is permitted AS LONG as the videos/pictures pertain to the drama, its plot or news about the show.  But any character/actor and actress "shipping" or "couple" videos and pictures should be posted in their respective shipping thread(s) so as to not distract from the show's discussions herein.  (Not everyone is going to be on your 'ship' and it wouldn't be fair to turn off any potential readers, right?)

Since there are a bunch of folks in here new to the process, here's another gentle reminder to read over and become familiar with the Soompi Rules: 

One of those really important rules is that we try to not have more than 3 photos or 10 lines maximum of narrative visible in one post.  Everything else goes under a Spoiler Tag so as to not bog down the Soompi interface and chew up valuable data plans for mobile users.  Readers with older handphones & tablets greatly appreciate your cooperation.

Any questions?  Please ask! :D

Guest Tinkiebell

Hi Everyone,

A friendly reminder:

If you have more than 2-3 images and/or videos (depending on the size), please put the rest of the images inside the spoiler feature in order to keep the thread easy to navigate. Looking forward to your cooperation.

Thank you.

20 hours ago, cherkell said:

Since there are a bunch of folks in here new to the process, here's another gentle reminder to read over and become familiar with the Soompi Rules: 

On 8/12/2016 at 9:53 AM, nploan said:

Oh, heheh...I didn't realize that there had been an existing thread of this drama already. ^_^ I hope mod will delete my other thread.

@nploan, oh.. it is best to call on a moderator for Kdrama, and ask that he/she merge the threads.

The names of the Kdrama/movies moderators are listed on the first page of Kdrama threads on the very top.

Also, @nploan, @KimYoojungxLeeBitna, and anyone else who wants to start a Kdrama thread - it is  a good idea to check the official thread directory before starting a new thread, and also notifying one of the above moderators and ask to include it in the official thread directory. As of now, this thread is still not listed under TvN in the official thread directory.  Having it listed, can potentially prevent double threads, and also help Soompiers who are trying to find the thread.

http://forums.soompi.com/en/topic/149-official-threads-directory/

@cherkell, thank you for the reminder about Soompi rules. :)
There are more also listed on the first page of the thread. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Which universities did the K2 stars enroll in real life?

f40f2ee0-b8c3-4d2e-8871-0b454a25547b.png

TvN's upcoming action series K2 will center around politicians and life with the some of the most educated people in South Korea. In light of the new series, I think it is a great time to learn more about the leading actors' educational backgrounds in real life. Where did the main cast go to college? What was their major? The answers to those questions and more await you in this back-to-school article.

1. Ji Chang Wook

He chose the private institution that made history in 1947. Dankook University was actually the very first university created after National Liberation Day of Korea. Ji majored in Theater and Film, while he continued his rising acting career. 

Spoiler

6144311a-2371-4cf0-add2-9513eee19cbc.jpg

a78e674b-44a7-4fc1-a79a-1b24209a86a6.jpg
2. Girls Generation's Yoona
The lovely idol not only graduated from Dongguk University with bachelor in theater, but she received a lifetime achievement award from the Buddhist institution.  The respected university, which was founded in 1906, is proud of its extensive study of Korean, Oriental and Western medicine.

Spoiler

1fe44f78-ad09-4d3d-8856-ee6b3aab5014.jpg

cfcad5d4-1ace-4189-8cbc-aaa96fca8c71.PNG

3, Lee Jung Jin

Lee had quite the green thumb before his popularity skyrocketed in the entertainment industry. He actually earned a degree in horticulture from KonKuk Unversity, and decided to go back to study acting in South Korea's private research center, Hanyang University. South Korea first engineering institute, school of architecture and civil engineering orginated from Hanyang. They also have 647 partner universities in 68 countries. KonKuk's early days focused solely on medicine and politics. 

Spoiler

7a2a8ec3-2755-49fc-9415-1150a5666d11.jpg

9e16be0d-fb9f-4891-ac91-709c9a71de40.PNG

37633778-60e7-404d-bc2f-035f281c5602.PNG

3. Song Yoon Ah

She was also a student at Hanyang University, but she decided to major in Cultural Anthropology. There is no better way to study modern people than working on filming sets and connecting with legions of fans. It should be alot easier to compare them to their ancestors.

Spoiler

d4be3575-367b-4a0f-8faa-8d85ebe0f15e.jpeg

5. Son Tae Young

If she wasn't acting, Son would be the first one out on the dance floor. The wife and mommy majored in Dance at Sangmyung University. The historical women's college became co-ed friendly in 1996. Like many colleges celebrities attend, it is a private and offers a range of majors from arts to business.

Spoiler

3b84d806-5f64-43f0-a559-772fd1ea1bf8.jpg

39a9f6cc-861f-4c3a-8ac5-04fd98c3f069.PNG

6. Jo Sung Ha 

Jo was a theater major at the Seoul Institute of the Arts. The school, which was founded in 1962, offers an associate and bachelor degree programs. The institute has departments specializing in writing, music, design, photography and humanities, and they even have a unique Greek-style theater for students to hone their craft.

Spoiler

f6334f73-68fc-4614-9e10-e5f09aa7ede7.jpg

296d705d-bc1c-4aa9-a5d0-1ca96e601943.PNG

If you received acceptance letters from these prestigious schools, which university would you love to attend?

Shelly M is an author and blogger. Follow her personal blog at BTSCelebs.com
Image Credits: Newpaltz.edu, Konkuk University, Hanyang UniversitySangmyung Universityand Seoul Institute of the Arts

Source: DramaFever Blog

Please make sure to click on "Awesome" button and add a comment.

Because up-coming kdramas lacking an action drama/political thriller... atm,  yey for this one The K2!. I don't mind the romance, it'll add softness to the tone and over drama. I just hope writing editing directing will make this stand out.JCW as Kim Jae Ha The bodyguard assign to protect the President.

EDIT: remove pic

56 minutes ago, jongski said:

JCW as Kim Jae Ha The bodyguard assign to protect the President.

Cppw7cuUsAAXKg0.jpg

Heads-Up:  Another thing to remember is that if you do not use a proper image hosting application (like Imgur, Flicker or Photobucket), pictures will not show up on desktops and certain older mobile devices; the string of nonsense noted in the quote above will be inserted instead.  You can't click "copy image location" anymore and stick it into the post like we used to with the old Soompi interface.

56 minutes ago, jongski said:

Pic: credit to owner

Credit should go to Ji Chang Wook himself, since he posted that image via his personal Instagram on 7 August. :P

Okay.  No worries. Just wanted to update anyway.

I'm no fan of JCW nor Yoona nor the writer ( sorry yongpal fans..he he). But doesn't matter who the stars  whether they're hallyu A-lister or not, I'm mainly watching for the story.  Here's hoping it'll be good. I haven't watched anything  action drama since MM and MBB. Quite looking forward to this  :)

Archived