[ Drama 2016] The K2 더 케이투

MindfulL

Hallo^^

First ,thanks to @KimYoojungxLeeBitna

This my Third thread after SWP n LR....

So, Yoona 100% Confirmed???Not a fan of Yoona but I really wanna see her in new drama.  I hope her acting skill improved a lot. I Like her in PM&I, I wanna give her chance to try other genre. She's hard-working idol-actress, so I hope she's doing the best for this role.

I'LL wait JCW x Yoona chemistry...

I'll hope this drama doing well too... ^ ^v

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember I actually was hoping for Lee Sun Bin (Mi Joo form 38TF) for the role (oh well. It's okay. Watching for the political thriller story  and them men!  JCW in a c-drama.. he he but I'll check this instead

EDIT to add the writer though.. from Yong Pal? oh noooo I drop that drama  after ep 2. but I'll check on this.

9 hours ago, konjo said:

It's because she signed onto a huge upcoming Chinese drama called Santu. They were meant to start filming late May/early June but it kept being delayed due to investor issues.

@konjo, thank you for your answer.   I think most everyone in entertainment business have to consider their schedule when affirming a role. We have already seen sort of an issue with that in Park So-Dam signing to Beautiful Mind, and it turned out that Cinderella and Four Knights was delayed in filming which seemed to have brought a conflict of interest for some time. (but they were able to work their way around it)  I think they all need to take that into consideration.

I think it is pretty much a done deal that she is in.

[Drama] Ji Chang Wook confirms K2 as his next Korean drama

201607270900773724_5797fa78856a2_99_2016 

Actor Ji Chang Wook has been confirmed to star in tvN’s new Friday-Saturday drama “K2” (working title).

Glorious Entertainment announced on 27 July that Ji Chang Wook has chosen K2 as his next project, and is expected to commence filming soon.

K2, which will air on tvN after “The Good Wife”, is a story about a former mercernary soldier turned bodyguard, the wife of a political candidate who uses his services, and a 20-year-old young lady who lives separate from the world.

In the drama, Ji Chang Wook plays Kim Jye Ha, a JSS elite bodyguard who was formerly a war mercernary soldier. Although he was once an outstanding agent, he becomes a fugitive due to a suspicious case, and gradually changes when he falls in love.

Ji Chang Wook said, “Kim Jye Ha is a cold and cynical character but he has a charm that always draws me back to him. I am anticipating and curious about the relationships he will form with the other characters in the drama.” He added, “I wanted to meet my fans who have been waiting for me to comeback with a Korean production as soon as possible. I will see everyone soon. I will work hard to prepare and return with a good image.”

Source: Osen

5 hours ago, irilight said:

@konjo, thank you for your answer.   I think most everyone in entertainment business have to consider their schedule when affirming a role. We have already seen sort of an issue with that in Park So-Dam signing to Beautiful Mind, and it turned out that Cinderella and Four Knights was delayed in filming which seemed to have brought a conflict of interest for some time. (but they were able to work their way around it)  I think they all need to take that into consideration.

I think it is pretty much a done deal that she is in.

Agreed, I'm also watching Beautiful Mind (14 eps now :tears:). You're welcome (:

10 hours ago, jongski said:

Oh Yoona reconsiders  the drama K2! I guess her c-drama didn't push through. It's okay for me.  I've seen her in Prime Minister and I liked her there.

cr as tagged

Girl crush:wub: If Yoona does confirm, I hope she tries her best and knocks our socks off our feet lol. Please don't disappoint Yoongie :heart:

51 minutes ago, cherkell said:

[Drama] Ji Chang Wook confirms K2 as his next Korean drama

Actor Ji Chang Wook has been confirmed to star in tvN’s new Friday-Saturday drama “K2” (working title).

Glorious Entertainment announced on 27 July that Ji Chang Wook has chosen K2 as his next project, and is expected to commence filming soon.

K2, which will air on tvN after “The Good Wife”, is a story about a former mercernary soldier turned bodyguard, the wife of a political candidate who uses his services, and a 20-year-old young lady who lives separate from the world.

In the drama, Ji Chang Wook plays Kim Jye Ha, a JSS elite bodyguard who was formerly a war mercernary soldier. Although he was once an outstanding agent, he becomes a fugitive due to a suspicious case, and gradually changes when he falls in love.

Ji Chang Wook said, “Kim Jye Ha is a cold and cynical character but he has a charm that always draws me back to him. I am anticipating and curious about the relationships he will form with the other characters in the drama.” He added, “I wanted to meet my fans who have been waiting for me to comeback with a Korean production as soon as possible. I will see everyone soon. I will work hard to prepare and return with a good image.”

All this time I thought JCW confirmed! But yay! :wub:

20 hours ago, konjo said:

All this time I thought JCW confirmed! But yay! :wub:

Oh no, nothing was confirmed after the first round of gossip was printed.  That's why we were all having fits over what the heck Glorious Entertainment was thinking by not saying right off that he had officially accepted... even though Wook attended the first script readings and had already started his physical training for the role.  Glorious really fell down on the job.  Yet again.  *hmpf*

Ji Chang Wook reportedly the highest paid

actor for a tvN drama + Yoona's casting in 'K2'

79429997.1_99_20160727144103.jpg

Dong A - Naver: Ji Chang Wook "The highest paid actor in a tvN drama? Because of his overseas popularity"

1. [+5,131, -401] If it's already at that level for Ji Chang Wook, then Kim Soo Hyun, Lee Minho, Song Joong Ki must be receiving blank cheques if they go to tvN

2. [+4,635, -761] Seems like a stretch. No matter how scarily popular he is in China,  he isn't even at superstar level here in Korea yet. Made it sound like he's on par with Jeon Do Yeon all of a sudden

3. [+2,772, -181] If the practice of increasing an actor's pay continues, the broadcast station or production company won't have enough funding so they rely on too many product placements which can end up ruining a drama

4. [+3,962, -673] I just don't believe that he's the highest paid ever...

5. [+3,181, -571] Isn't he a bubble?...

6. [+764, -20] Just take care of the staff, actors make enough to not starve

7. [+570, -4] Healer was a good drama, was it really that big of a hit in China? I heard Jeon Do Yeon receives 85 million won per episode

via http://kkuljaem.blogspot.com/2016/07/ji-chang-wook-reportedly-highest-paid.html

It might sound unbelievable for some that he is the highest paid actor for TVN,i find it reasonable. This guy has been working non stop, one of the talented and one of the best in his age group, and a very humble one I must say. But he sure is underrated in Korea, he deserves more love from his own country, oh well Im just hoping his upcoming drama will be a hit and will allow him to showcase his talent I know he will. 

Here's another article about it.

Ji Chang Wook Breaks tvN Salary Records With Upcoming Drama

Ji Chang Wook Breaks tvN Salary Records With Upcoming Drama

Ji Chang Wook, who was recently confirmed for tvN’s upcoming Wednesday-Thursday drama “K2” (working title), was revealed to be the current highest paid actor of tvN.

Recently, one source revealed that Ji Chang Wook’s fee in “K2” is higher than Jeon Do Yeon’s “Good Wife.” In response to these reports, Ji Chang Wook’s agency Glorious Entertainment stated, “We do not want Ji Chang Wook’s fee to become an issue. In consideration of publication rights, tvN made the arrangement to give Ji Chang Wook a high pay due to his involvement in other projects in Japan and China.”

source

I'm excited that Yoona is going to be in the drama after all. I liked her in Prime Minister. Good for Ji Chang Wook getting paid good money for this drama. I don't know why the netizen's even care who makes what. I'm sure the network is not going bankrupt because of his fee.  tvN and the drama production companies make money off the oversea's sales of their dramas and I'm sure they are going to cash in because of his popularity. I think it was very wise of him/his agency to take that into consideration when they negotiated his fee.    

@evie7 Yup agree with you. I like her too in Prime Minister and I. Smart of JCW move to have new drama with TVN. The  3 of fav dramas this year have all come from TVN ( Signal. Memory. Pied Piper)  I also watched DMF an  I'm watching TGW. Anyway. JCW and Yoona will make our screens beautiful. Just visuals of them. The  the acting.. they're both cool.  Lets just hope the script  will be high quality as this is a political thriller drama.

Can SM just confirm Yoona's casting already? :sweatingbullets: 

I'm 97% sure she's signed on for this drama.  She's wrapping up her Chinese promotions by 1st August it seems.

Does anyone have an idea when filming will start? And when the drama will begin airing? I've read some say the next week following The Good Wife on Sept 2nd but I've also read some say on Sept 9th?

1 hour ago, konjo said:

Does anyone have an idea when filming will start? And when the drama will begin airing? I've read some say the next week following The Good Wife on Sept 2nd but I've also read some say on Sept 9th?

If it follows standard Korean drama norms, the first episode should air on 8 September right after "The Good Wife" wraps.  But I read a report from tvN's website that said the premiere will air on 26 September.  So your guess is as good as mine.  *hmpf*

Maybe the production needs extra time since some of the cast will be heading off to Spain soon for location filming.  I guess we'll get confirmation within the next few weeks!

20 minutes ago, cherkell said:

If it follows standard Korean drama norms, the first episode should air on 8 September right after "The Good Wife" wraps.  But I read a report from tvN's website that said the premiere will air on 26 September.  So your guess is as good as mine.  *hmpf*

Maybe the production needs extra time since some of the cast will be heading off to Spain soon for location filming.  I guess we'll get confirmation within the next few weeks!

Isn't September 26 on Monday? This drama is airing Fridays & Saturdays. Unless tvN changed the slot to Monday & Tuesday (but those slots are filled already). 

Yeah, I read about the Spain filming too, I think tvN will have some filler drama special after The Good Wife - those short dramas specials that are 1-3 episodes long. 

Thank you for the reply! :) 

26 minutes ago, konjo said:

Isn't September 26 on Monday? This drama is airing Fridays & Saturdays. Unless tvN changed the slot to Monday & Tuesday (but those slots are filled already). 

Yeah, I read about the Spain filming too, I think tvN will have some filler drama special after The Good Wife - those short dramas specials that are 1-3 episodes long. 

Thank you for the reply! :) 

Apologies.  That should be 23 September.  Not enough coffee in me yet today... and I still have to hit the road for KCon LA! 

Archived