[KBS Drama 2016] On the Way to the Airport 공항 가는 길 Kim Ha Neul♥Lee Sang Yun | Congratulations winning Best Couple, Top Excellence-Actress & Excellence-Actor Awards

LSYfan

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, pandalover1 said:

Hi just dropping in after watching this drama with subs! I just love it! the feeelssssss! really looking forward to the next episode. I wonder what will they uncover next about hyewon not wanting her child to return to korea? and i love the dynamic of the leads! 

me too because seriously what kind of mother who tells her daughter not to come home to celebrate the grandma's birthday?! a mom with a secret or by-product reminder of the birth father.

i like how the two leads get interwine into each other lives.  I can see the hint of why these two can have emotional affair given their  surrounding: a husband who is not there and a wife who is unemotional can lead their spouse astray.  

So far I like it and will continue to support the casts for their great acting so far!

According to Nielsen Korea, SBS drama "Incarnation of Jealousy" rated 12.3%. This is up 2.2% from last time.

Meanwhile, the first episode of KBS drama "Road to the Airport" rated 7.4% and the first episode of MBC drama "Shopping King Louis" rated 5.6%.

http://www.hancinema.net/incarnation-of-jealousy-in-first-place-maintains-double-digit-rating-new-dramas-begin-98842.html

great start...congratulations...i really love the main actor...i usually hate the cheaters but i'll watch the drama...trying my best to understand them...

Oh my gosh! pausing just to say..... It's only first few scenes and I'm liking it already! I'm sold! Yes for this drama!

The  two daughters  Annie and  Hyo Eun will be roommates! two independent young girls. Annie is the daughter of Choi Soo ( KHN)) and Hyo Euns daughter of  Seo Doo Woo (LSY)

DW is doting warm father. PJS ( Ssr) military/authoritative kind. The wives are different too. CH is warm, while the other is all business and stuff.

And yes we can feel the marriage strain! More thoughts once I'm done.

Haaa. The hell I'm giddy. I can't stop commenting.  Aww he knows how she's feeling.. not having  Hyo Eun. I'm on the scene he called SDW called CSA ..he's on the balcony..  Several pages back I said  one of the  reasons they'd be into each could be  because there's lack of emotion support from the respective spouse, SA with her husband and DW with his wife.  Already we see the emotional comparability or  support (through  assuring words) he's showing her.

2 hours ago, pandalover1 said:

How can one say Kim Haneul's beauty is average!? HAHAHA! Anyways i am loving the smirk/smile Soo A did when her hoobae called her an average!.

I hope that's not a representative sample of the standard of subbing this show's going to get. There are two quotatives in that dialogue, which the subs overlook, so a lot of the texture of the interactions gets lost.

We're tapping into glight attendants' girl talk, in which a pilot nicknamed the "Sidney Gentleman" is known for his good looks. One of the juniors is pointing out to her colleague that the pilot they just passed on the walkway is none other than that legendary being. The line should be "That was the 'Sidney Gentleman'." Her companion replies with "Wow! The rumors are dead right. He's really handsome."  She then gets a further tidbit "They say his wife's a cabin crew member" [There's our first quotative]. Her partner asks what's his wife's name, and the other replies "Dunno. I'm told she's nothing much to look at [and there's our second quotative]. Top end of average."

So, her junior isn't calling Su Ah "average" on the basis of her own judgement, because to the best of her knowledge she's never set eyes on her. She's just relaying what other attendants say. She's no idea that one of the senior attendants just in front of her to is the person she's talking about. Su Ah's expression indicates "poor kids... now they're for it" because she anticipates the youngsters will be in for a dressing down from their superior (and hers) the fearsome  Song Mi Jin.

As Mi Jin abruptly halts their progress, turns round and says sternly "You two!" Su Ah knows what's coming and shoots her friend a glance that asks her to let the youngsters off the hook, whereupon she goes on ahead to avoid embarrassment (to her juniors, rather than to herself)  Mi Jin isn't inclined at first to honor Su Ah's silent request but she then decides to let the matter drop, after all. "Alright. Forget it" she breaks off. At which one of the juniors has a horrible realization that she may have put her foot in it big time, but she only makes things worse by saying to Mi Jin in visible confusion. "You mean, you're Captain Park's wi......"  "Most certainly not!" Mi Jin snaps  back.

just drop to this calm thread and so far i love this drama...just a few scenes i already love the feels...the vibe...the colors of this drama (then i found out that yeah this is studio dragon drama no wonder i love it...usually its produce Tvn drama)..even though i just watch the raw one..okay just raw..i already stated i love the feels that this drama give...like netizen said its really autumn feels..

usually i watch the pilot episode back to back with engsub...but becaause i dont have interest drama right now beside my Mon-Tue and my Wed-Thurs so empty,i checked it raw...and surprised how good the actors and actress...the dynamic of the leads..the problems there...and makes me curious about many things just by one episode..

all the airport things makes me want to pack my things and goes to airport to vacation....arrgggggjhhhhhhhh i want to go vacation when watch this drama, ride the plane...meet strangers on the plane...come to new place on the other side of the world...oh i miss that feels really...

yeah im really looking forward to next episode!!!!! hope can write more on this thread later!!!

Drama how could you?! it's only the first episode and tears welled up my eyes.

Annie was to fly back to Korea for the grandmother's Birthday but the mom doesn't want Annie to comeback.  "Why'd you think your father sent you to me"  she said to her on the phone.   She must be talking of the biological dad.  Annie run through the terminal and even bumped in CSA  and got hit by car outside the aiport.  And when SDW heard the news. everything crumbled.  Losing a child is  the most painful thing  that can happen especially to a parent.  SDW doing that video  in Annie's room and crying just made me tear up.

Yes, CSA and SDW will have that emotional relationship and and then some I think they are bound and connected through the memories of Annie, her daughter's friendship with  his daughter.  I think SDW will have special bond with Hyo Eun- the daughter CSA which will make them even closer together.

I found my grrrr character and it's the wife of SDW. I'm confused with her. She's so cold. Total opposite of him.   Meanwhile. CSA is warm caring mother who always tries to be there and make up for any absence and homesickness Hyo Eun might be having. Unlike PJS, the husband  who is so stern and cold. So she's total opposite of him.

I'm having a sort of Five Enough/Five Children vibe to this:  Marriage, family, children  Overall. I mentioned it a while back, I like the drama..  The way how I like FC which is one of my fav for the year.  I hope this will be a well written drama too.

Waiting for ep 2 later!

15 minutes ago, konjo said:

Can someone give me streaming links please

The only legal streaming links available outside Korea (apart from the expensive subscription-only ones on showboom.com) are at www.kbs.co.kr.  Click on On Air VOD, near the top, wait for the dropdown and then select KBS2TV.  You no longer need a KBS ID to access the streams on that page, but the picture is low res and pretty small..

To get this to work on an Ipad or Iphone, you will have to use a browser that uses a Flash Player proxy (such as Puffin)  The standard browsers on Apple devices no longer support Flash sites like the KBS ones.

There are a number of illegal streamers with better qualitty, but we're not allowed to mention them here. Someone may be able to PM you with suggestions, but don't repeat them here or the mods will pounce.

I'm a M'sian & this Drama gives me so much National pride as it features many familiar sights in and around Malaysia. No wonder I thought Sooah's flight attendant uniform looked familiar, even the airport but I brushed it off thinking... Oh Red is a common color for uniforms, and the airport is probably designed by a similar architect LoL! Anyways, the plot reminds me of another movie by Harrison Ford Random Hearts.

If it follows that film, then we can expect much emo-angst filled moments in future episodes. As if Uncontrollably Fond wasn't depressing enough... 

9 hours ago, jongski said:

Haaa. The hell I'm giddy. I can't stop commenting.  Aww he knows how she's feeling.. not having  Hyo Eun. I'm on the scene he called SDW called CSA ..he's on the balcony..  Several pages back I said  one of the  reasons they'd be into each could be  because there's lack of emotion support from the respective spouse, SA with her husband and DW with his wife.  Already we see the emotional comparability or  support (through  assuring words) he's showing her.

wow! you're here too chingu! @jongski on the onset i was not looking forward when i watched episode 1 because these are two married couple and i feel a bit off that KHN and LSW would be hitting if off and as you mentioned, adultery or infidelity? lols... you are right there.  but i also feel the sadness for both of them having been married to such individuals who doesn't seem to care about them and their family.  i wonder why LSW's wife would not want their child back home.  clearly annie really wanted to see her grandma and wanted to go home too.  i had not watched it fully so i may have missed something.

8 hours ago, baduy said:

I hope that's not a representative sample of the standard of subbing this show's going to get. There are two quotatives in that dialogue, which the subs overlook, so a lot of the texture of the interactions gets lost.

We're tapping into glight attendants' girl talk, in which a pilot nicknamed the "Sidney Gentleman" is known for his good looks. One of the juniors is pointing out to her colleague that the pilot they just passed on the walkway is none other than that legendary being. The line should be "That was the 'Sidney Gentleman'." Her companion replies with "Wow! The rumors are dead right. He's really handsome."  She then gets a further tidbit "They say his wife's a cabin crew member" [There's our first quotative]. Her partner asks what's his wife's name, and the other replies "Dunno. I'm told she's nothing much to look at [and there's our second quotative]. Top end of average."

So, her junior isn't calling Su Ah "average" on the basis of her own judgement, because to the best of her knowledge she's never set eyes on her. She's just relaying what other attendants say. She's no idea that one of the senior attendants just in front of her to is the person she's talking about. Su Ah's expression indicates "poor kids... now they're for it" because she anticipates the youngsters will be in for a dressing down from their superior (and hers) the fearsome  Song Mi Jin.

As Mi Jin abruptly halts their progress, turns round and says sternly "You two!" Su Ah knows what's coming and shoots her friend a glance that asks her to let the youngsters off the hook, whereupon she goes on ahead to avoid embarrassment (to her juniors, rather than to herself)  Mi Jin isn't inclined at first to honor Su Ah's silent request but she then decides to let the matter drop, after all. "Alright. Forget it" she breaks off. At which one of the juniors has a horrible realization that she may have put her foot in it big time, but she only makes things worse by saying to Mi Jin in visible confusion. "You mean, you're Captain Park's wi......"  "Most certainly not!" Mi Jin snaps  back.

thank you that's quite insightful.  i hope you'd continue to be of help like this.  we also understand and are thankful to subbers, subtitles are fan-subbed.  they are volunteers doing this and they work as much to release the fastest subs.  there might be low QC before that and most interpretations would vary.  i am just happy that we can have someone like you in the thread.

annyeong @andy78and @pandalover1!

Thanks everyone for all your insight and notes… After watching ep.1 w/ sub and ep 2 raw – here goes my 2 cents…

Am I the only one that thinks that Jin-seok (Soo-Ah husband) and Hye-won (Do-woo wife) are a PERFECT MATCH? Their poker face and cold shoulder attitude are scary…LOL

It’s true that Do-woo married Hye-won who has a daughter (Anni) from the previous marriage. But you can’t deny that Do-woo loved Anni like his biological daughter. I am just curious as to why Hye-won hates Anni so much that she won’t allow her to return and mention about her Bio father… Even after Anni death the bio father still didn’t show up... meaning that Hye-won first marriage was divorce on bad terms.

As for Soo-ah couple – I assume that their marriage went hay wire because of their job working different shifts. I don’t even see any wedding ring on their fingers nor intimate interacting. I think Jin-seok is cheating on his wife with the young lady that kept calling him.   Soo-ah is a good mother that shows more emotional toward their daughter BUT can’t out argue Jin-seok since he is so demanding.

I think that after Anni death, Do-woo will open up his eyes and realize that Hye-won is cold hearted. She was so heartless that she barely show and sadness or sorrow after Do-woo tell her. What kind of mother even demand Do-woo to not return Anni ashes to S.K.  

I feel sad for Do-woo for receiving lack of support and comfort from his wife especially when losing a love one.  I feel that Jin-seok will start building a bond with Soo-Ah because she was there to help comfort him in a difficult time of losing his step daughter.

God damit…. A LOT of things has happen and it’s only the first 2 eps and this drama just got started…

Geesh the PD sure are throwing us curveballs. Better get your tissue box ready for this roller coaster ride…

Archived