[KBS Drama 2016] On the Way to the Airport 공항 가는 길 Kim Ha Neul♥Lee Sang Yun | Congratulations winning Best Couple, Top Excellence-Actress & Excellence-Actor Awards

LSYfan

when i watch raw what catch my attention is the beautiful color and cinematography...the camera angle that shoot beautifully too...and the calmness..the warmness that given when watch this drama...and ofc sad feels that being drawn especially in Annie case...but after watching it with english sub back to back...wow it just make it sadder than watch the raw ...i cried when SDW cried alone in Annie's bed...ah it just so sad...

for SA-JS couple..yeah JS is just a cold dad and husband. and ofc strict and cruel too. I just know that JS was from air force.Oh god no wonder he so strict and want to control his kid so much. This type of dad and husband will do everything they want and dont want to hear another opinion.and for another couple, how can a step daughter being so welcome and being loved by her step father family and being totally ignored by her biological mom???omg...this mom really cruel for me...after losing her one and only daughter, she looks totally fine like that????is your heart made from steel Annie mom???even banded annie's name in the home????OMG...it just too much no matter what reason behind it except she is not your biological daughter.

seriously im curious the past story from this two couple..how can cold JS married CSA and how can DW fall in love with HW???...and what the unknown reason that HW told to annie at the phone before accident happen????uhhh anticipate next week...i cant say more about the characters yet..

i think its my first time watching a drama with this kind of story...both of the lead already married and they are not even know each other before not even first love story that other drama usually brings, and they met through a sad accident (Annie's death) that brings first connection between both of them. and when they start conversation, they start to found something that connected them more than annie's things. They started to talk about their own story not about their kid. And with that conversation yeah they found something that cant be found from their spouses. i cant hate their relationship too btw,, they just like made for each other.. and its make me curious how they will fold this kind of love story..as a viewers ofc i want happy ending between CSA and SDW but how???

ps: cant this drama stay as beautifully as now in future episode????hope the live filming later wont affect the beautifully and dont change the feel that i felt in this pilot episodes..FIGHTING!!! ah nice to see many analysis already!!! its fun reading it!!!!

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@leekyuphii  Yes. it's beautiful. Tones and the cinematography the quiet elegance and such. The backdrop. It's nice to see a drama that visually pleasing to the eyes.   When Annie ran, they had it in slow mo an it was all black and white except for  SA wearing the red  fa uniform. that was beautiful.

And I cried too. 3 times.. When he was doing the video, when he was getting off the plane and walking so desolate and lonely after learning of this daughters death ( the background music was simple but sad enough with the scene), and lastly the end scene of episode2  when he sprinkled or scattered the ashes it was just so sad.  but there's a feeling of warmth there. His love for Annie.

I also like the scene in the airport  where SA protected the the backpack as it contained the ashes of Annie. She hugged it , holding tightly not protecting it from the rain, as if protecting Annie  like a daughter. I hope they will be able to sustain the beauty of the drama.

59 minutes ago, evie7 said:

It made me cry to think that DW had to share his grief w/ someone who he barely met, This was just so sad. In RL I don't think a married man should be giving rides to a woman he just met, but I was so happy SA was there w/him at the river. It would have been too sad if he had to do this by himself

@evie7 Nice you're here.  Well, there was no  malice or ill intention him offering to give her a ride.. Rain was pouring, it was night time, almost morning,but since her daughter wasn't in the place where she asked to be  drop off and she had luggage, he offered to give her a ride again. But of course in Ep 3 preview  we see that he felt an emotional connection with her and wants to see her again.  Occasional  meetings will  lead to them seeing each other. He still needs that solace and comfort he's looking for in the wake of his daughters death. The wife is not much of emotional support.

I am glad as well at least SA was there.   The scene simple yet  full of emotions. And when he turned around and stared SA who was inside the car, he must've been glad she's there. But  that was the end scene. Wonder what's gonna happen. I like  the photo you shared of that ending scene. Thanks

Image result for on the way to the airport dramaRelated image

Hello everyone, my first post here as I just started this drama.  Looking forward to being with all of you and hoping to learn from those here while enjoying this story as it unfolds before us.  I have to be honest I wasn't sure if this was a drama for me as I come from a pretty conservative family who believes marriage is for life.  Don't get me wrong it isn't about perfection it's about forgiveness, endurance, and the willingness...

I am open minded enough to know it sometimes doesn't work no matter where you come from or how your brought up or how hard you try and I guess that's why I was curious and decided to watch the first 2 episodes.  I really didn't know how I would feel but very quickly I found myself drawn into this story and also felt my heart break while seeing the story of each family and the loneliness & even coldness and to think two children's lives had lived with that as their idea of family.  Why have kids if your not willing to put them first?  Or allow them to be with you growing daily in the warmth of your arms and the protection of your love...

I guess I was most shocked at myself for already thinking SDW & CSA should tell their spouse's to hit the road.  To the point that I felt myself getting angry what kind of Mother doesn't run as quickly as she can when finding out her child is hurt?  Not to mention when she finds out her child has died, who does that?  I'm sorry to me there is no reason NONE that could excuse her in this situation. Most Mothers I know would give their own lives for their kids and would stop at nothing to get to them. She doesn't want her ashes or her personal things I can't even wrap my mind around that or my heart.  Even more was knowing how sweet Ae Ni was and how she seemed to just breath life in all around her and such a sweet spirited soul and so loving towards others.  Placing a marble in her pocket just to be close to her grandmother it's even hard to write about...

To me CSA has a lifeless marriage that seems to function on motion almost robotic with no feelings or warmth.  CSA is voiceless as her husband never really hears or understands her because all he sees is himself.  It's not a relationship built on love but gives you a feeling that they are two people sharing a place to live but not a life and surely not a HOME...

What I do see is SDW & CSA are invisible in their marriages lonely and numb accepting it as normal maybe because it's all they know or they have some of the same ideas I grew up with which is marriage is work in progress and isn't always easy but it is a vow.  It's hard to know but just watching them all seemed so sad and living the rest of ones life like that seemed almost cruel...

My words my seem a bit to sensitive and judgmental because it's so early but watching SDW go to see his daughter alone with no support or love.  How in this world would you allow a loved one to deal with that kind of loss alone?  Seeing him laying in Ae Ni's bed crying it just was heart breaking for me...

My favorite scene was when it was raining and SDW went to get the car and CSA picked Ae Ni up off the ground and held her tightly in her arms.  Like a Mother would and should hold her child ashes or body, alive or dead to CSA it didn't matter she was someones precious child worth protecting and loved no matter what.  I truly loved that moment...:wub:

Recap episode 1 by Dramabeanshttp://www.dramabeans.com/2016/09/on-the-way-to-the-airport-episode-1/#more-114744

COMMENTS by dramabeans

4B31B05F-0344-47A9-AEE9-CC405970E454_zps

Okay, first of all, this drama is gorgeous. Is it the budget? The actors? The editing? The music? The directing? Every frame is beautifully rendered, with an artistic vision really focused on the product and mood. The soundtrack is present but not overwhelming, the color palettes are consistently well thought out, and the camerawork is unique and smart. The effect of it is not lost on the show, delighting us with (as promised) a natural sort of relaxed and quiet elegance. With that kind of visual quality, I felt more than once during this episode like I was watching a movie or even a commercial rather than a drama.

270985A0-2E70-4E9B-ACC5-C748A7E0248A_zps

I don’t know if this level of quality will continue for twenty episodes, but it did miracles for my first impression of the show. I never like to make conclusions early, but I found it hard notto like the show when it’s clear how much thought went into it—the lighting, the coloring, the shots. It speaks volumes to the kind of communication that’s possible out of this medium, which I found particularly fitting considering this is a show about people connecting to each other. They fly from one city to another, sure, but also they also connect through talking, through emotion, and through mutual understanding of a shared humanity.

B82F91B0-E7F1-443F-8266-E24F1FE5947A_zps

In that regard, this drama did a really beautiful job in making me love our characters. They’re not particularly interesting (yet) on an individual level, but when you put them together, the characters seem to know each other in ways that makes us know them. The scene between Su-ah and Do-woo outside the party, where they communicate entirely without seeing each other’s faces but seem to completely understand each other, was the moment I fell in love. Being a drama concentrated on the subtlety of human emotions, it necessarily relies on its relationships being interesting and relatable, and I think the show accomplished that on both an emotional and creative level.

6B282B70-D32D-4654-A710-1F088AF23584_zps

From an acting level, Lee Sang-yoon is fantastic as always, although the last show I saw him in (Liar Game) is a huge break from his current character. The sweet, almost naïve love of Seo Do-woo was almost a shock in comparison to the cold and calculating Ha Woo-jin; his understated and subtle reaction to Annie’s death was both believable and heartbreaking, a true image of a father’s silent morning. Kim Haneul, meanwhile, seems to be really fulfilling the expectations of her return to dramaland; her natural elegance is a perfect fit for Airport, and it’s definitely accentuating the effect the creators want from the show. She adds natural warmth to Su-ah that’s the perfect balance between professional and vulnerable. And then their chemistry? I found it absolutely marvelous to watch. I can’t seem to tear my eyes away from the screen when they’re together.

0B29C7D7-ED30-41B5-9217-5CF9A5BE7AA7_zps

I couldn’t even bring myself to dislike the “villains”—i.e., Jin-suk or Hye-won, each of whom have their own very obvious problems. I’m not even sure if I was supposed to dislike Jin-suk, because I most definitely didn’t—he’s not truly an richard simmons, he just picks badly out of the many ways to love. Hye-won’s motivations, too, aren’t explained very much in this episode, but I’m thinking (hoping) that she has some interesting and complicated reasons for keeping Annie away from Korea.

341CC23E-AA88-4005-A542-0F93C10B67D8_zps

Overall, we’ve clearly got some complicated family dynamics, but I’m thus far confident that the showrunners will know how to address them appropriately. I don’t want to talk about Annie’s death yet because I’m not sure whether it was necessary to the story as of now, but I will say that her character and relationship to Do-woo was well done, and it’s a death that will touch a lot of characters. I’m happy with the way her death was treated—not melodramatic, but not done for shock value, either—but I hope it will have some narrative purposes conducive to growth that we couldn’t have gotten otherwise.

27EF5AB0-A28C-4BDA-B3A1-17B1F217B016_zps

All in all, there’s something really, really wonderful about this show, and I think it’s a sum of its parts: the idea of being in the liminal space of the air, missing everything that’s going on down on earth; the idea of flight and escape, the idea of connections through the heart, and the idea of reconciliation; the promise of love and understanding in a cold place like an airport, and the endlessly different number of ways to love. There are so many deliciously emotional and poetic directions that this show can go and I’ll be happy with any one of them, but of course, I’ll be happiest if it can manage to surprise us with observations of its own.

816B12CC-1274-4116-87E1-DE67FD19E27F_zps

I spent 30+ hours in airports in transit this summer due to near-constant delays and layovers, and have now developed a rather jaded view of the entire institution as a pitiless soul-sucking abyss. But it’s that exact reason why the premise of this show works so well for me: In a professional, cold place so focused on efficiency, especially within the deliberately impersonal Korean culture, even the smallest kindnesses, smiles, and touches mean everything. An airport, if you think about it, is the perfect place to examine this paradoxical complexity of humans as being wrapped up in themselves and their schedules, their stringent jobs and plans and responsibilities—and as a corollary to that, the tragic loneliness of solitude, despite being surrounded by people.

224B8FFA-90FA-417C-8014-88766D8DDD00_zps

Pictures by KBS

11 hours ago, jongski said:

I also like the scene in the airport  where SA protected the the backpack as it contained the ashes of Annie. She hugged it , holding tightly not protecting it from the rain, as if protecting Annie  like a daughter. I hope they will be able to sustain the beauty of the drama.

9 hours ago, USAFarmgirl said:

My favorite scene was when it was raining ans SDW went to get the car and CSA picked Ae Ni up off the ground and held her tightly in her arms.  Like a Mother would and should hold her child ashes or body, alive or dead to CSA it didn't matter she was someones precious child worth protecting and loved no matter what.  I truly loved that moment...:wub:

oh count me three...i love that scene too....maybe i can add this scene to my most favorite rain scene from kdrama its beautiful,sweet,sad,warm,heart breaking scene, such a mixed feeling,,,yeah my favorite one from first and second episode...its break my heart and poor Ae Ni....at least she get the warm from CSA...and yeah that what a mom must to do, holding her daughter tightly like a precious one...it just an ashes but CSA show it as Ae NI,,that maybe Aeni will feel cold so she embrace her tightly...oh dont cry again....just write this comment makes my eyes teary too...

@USAFarmgirl oh i love your comment, same with me im from conservative family too..so thats why i keep nodding read your comments..and i love this part  CSA has a lifeless marriage that seems to function on motion almost robotic with no feelings or warmth.  CSA is voiceless as her husband never really hears or understands her because all he sees is himself.  It's not a relationship built on love but gives you a feeling that they are two people sharing a place to live but not a life and surely not a HOME... its speak my words that i cant found it when write my earlier comment..

@sin hoonsim thanks for the BTS and update!!!!

1 hour ago, Lawyerh said:

Btw is SA and DW going to be in relationship im curious.. Cos i think the teaser wording said can man & woman just be a normal friends when both married? I prefer them to be a couple hehe.. Eventhough it sounds wrong....

The rain, the waiting, the longing, their stares its just so perfect and beautiful.... To be honest i will be dissapointed if theyre just friends!  

its sound so wrong for me too......but lets see how this "relationship" will ended later...though my silent prayer i hope they are not just a friend (am i not evil right to hope something like this?????) hope the happy ending (and the best ending) for them and plus satisfying ending for us

and because the tittle of this drama is airport hope they shoot many scene on airport in future too, despite live filming later (and i know it would be difficult to shoot many scenes on outdoor and especially crowded place like an airport,,,but its the title of this drama so bring me many of it) i cant get enough of the beauty of camera angle when shoot every scene on airport,,,,in unusual angle but its pretty beautiful..and incheon airport looks so gorgeous on that shoot..and the feel from an airport deliver very well in this drama...i guess im fallin in love with airport theme drama right now

@soojae93 We know that Do Woo came into the relationship after Annie was born, so it safe to assume that the are not biologically related. My only assumption is that Do Woo being Do Woo opted to adopt Annie has his own. I can't say it's all that common especially in K-Dramaland. Not a bad thing mind you as you may/may not know in a lot of dramas the step-father is normally a harsh/heartless man to the step-children so seeing Do Woo do all that he does for Annie was certainly refreshing. 

Moving on to your Hye Won question I'm honestly baffled at it myself. I can't say I know what it's like to lose a child. We all tend to cope with tragedy differently so I can't say what she's gong through is completely out of line. From a rational perspective I can see her blaming herself for Annie's death by telling her NOT to come back to Korea. It's just what follows that seems equally screwy. Her child is gone and she doesn't want to bring her home still. This is truly Cruella de Vil-styled crazy.

What I want to know is just what the heck is wrong with both couples. Other than the bond that is being forged between Do Woo & Soo Ah I can't help but say the drama is leading the way for commentary into a New KOREA where man and woman are simply TOO busy to raise their kids and TOO focused on their career (an opposite of the norm ... well at least both parents). Soo Ah's in-law already commented on it by making some snide remark about all of the grandmothers picking up their grand-kids at the bus stop. Of course we shouldn't forget the comment about having Soo Ah quit only to be rebuffed by Jin Suk stating that they couldn't make it on a single-income persons wage (which I think is also becoming the norm for most average/middle-of-the-road people these days --- ugh.).

What I found to be the best and probably worst scenes would be the few scenes in episode 2. We see Soo Ah pick up Annie's ashes to protect her against the rain/elements showing just what kind of woman/mother she is. Going to what's written above turns her into a better person than Hye Won showed to be in the first two episode. Now for the worst bit (and it could be seen as a good scene admittedly) was when Do Woo takes Annie to the Han Bridge to scatter some of her ashes. While it shows a true connection between step-father and step-daughter (there own little secrets/desires) I felt it was a little TOO personal of a thing to do with Soo Ah. It really should have been Do Woo & Hye Won giving Annie a proper send off.

I'm quite curious to see what the Korean media made of these few scenes or the commentary of the series thus far since it's picking up rather unusual themes. The hard-noised/gruff father is in almost every drama, one/more family members stepping out on their significant other happens frequent enough but the working/too busy to raise a child/grandparents raising their grand-kids isn't something that I've seen all that much honestly (Start Again has elements of the grandparents bit though). 

It's striking that despite all the sweeping negative judgements we're getting (not just about Hye Won, but, in different ways and directions, about Jin Soek), no-one seems to be attending to the glimpses we are actually being teased with about Hye Won's past and what there is between her and her daughter. It doesn't help that a couple of people here have said, as if it were an established thing, that Hye Won is "divorced". However, we know for sure that she isn't. The word used in the Korean dialogue (as well as her character profile) means a woman who had a child out of wedlock. On the traditional Korean scale of 'respectability' such a woman ranks a whole lot lower than one who has been married but got divorced (and that's saying something...) That a woman with that past has been accepted into the family by a mother-in-law whose goverment-bestowed status as a walking chunk of National Heritage means she has to work, eat and maybe even sleep in a Hanbok is in itself both a marvel and an enigma.

But apart from such things that incite our curiosity and indicate that there must be a lot more to Hye Won than we've been so far allowed to see, we've been offered a tidbit of information that is wrapped in a sequence with a piece of striking editing at its heart which no-one seems to have picked up on, even though its implications are pretty huge.

For those who like to get straight to the point, the thing that seems to be being overlooked despite the writer, not so much handing it to us on a plate, as wafting it right under our noses for a moment but then whisking it away again before we got chance to grab it properly, is that IT'S BEEN LESS THAN 5 YEARS SINCE DO WOO MET AND MARRIED HYE WON.

If that comes as a complete surprise to you, maybe it would be a good idea to watch ep 1 again, especially the portion the "party" sequence. Just in case the subbers didn't get the message across -- I haven't had chance to check -- I've put my own subs to that segment at the end of this post . I did try to put them under a spoiler, but the stupid software won't let you spoiler anything with hard line breaks in it. And without hard line breaks, the subs won't work if copied to a .srt. file  Anyway   If you have a raw, you can just cut and paste the whole lot into a plain text file, name it with a .srt filname, save it locally, then play the raw in any viewer that supports srt format subs. No need to worry about the sequence numbers, the player software looks only at the start and end times for each sub, which should be OK of most raws. I wouldn't advise you to try just reading the subs in isolation. There's some very subtle (not to say tricksy) editing and intercutting going on on screen in this sequence, and you need to see the dialogue exactly matched to the images to get what's going on. The "five years" info comes right at the end of the section I've subbed, and you need to think back to the earlier parts of the scene to grasp how crucial that piece in the jigsaw is.)

I don't think we know exactly how old Ae Ni was (she doesn't have a character profile, presumably because it would have inevitably been a massive spoiler) but we know she was older than Hyo Eun, and at least one class above her. Hyo Eun is 12, so let's say Ae Ni was 13 when she died. That means SHE WAS  8, maybe even older, when her mother married Do Woo. We learn from Hye Won's character profile that Do Woo accepted her just as she is, and has never once asked her so much as a single question about her past, and that's one of the reasons "she loves him more than anyone else."  So Do Woo knows nothing, and doesn't want to know anything, about how Hye Won came to be an "unmarried mother"  But... No little girl anywhere, let alone in Korea where not having a visible and well documented Appa is a huge stigma for any young child, gets anywhere near the age of 8 without wanting to know why there's no Appa around, and who the absent or deceased Appa is, or was. We can be certain then that Ae Ni certainly wouldn't have spared her mother such hard questions as Do Woo did. The topic must somehow have come up between mother and daughter, and Ae Ni was too smart to be easily fobbed off.

So what did her mother tell her? And did she tell her things that for one reason or another had to remain a close secret between the two of them? Is that secret somehow the content of the particular, and obviously somehow problematic, bond between them that lies behind Ae Ni's respolve to surpress her homesickness and stay away from Korea, waiting "patiently" for a time she can return, a time which her mother hints to her MiL may still be several years in the future. Her eighteenth birthday perhaps, after which no-one could assert custody rights over her?

Is that maybe another reason, apart from self-protective denial of grief, that Hye Won harbors the desperate, but futile hope that she can keep her daughter's death secret? Is she terrified of it coming to the attention of the girl's biological father? Or maybe of that father's family?

No-one seems to have reflected on the oddity of the rhetorical question that forms the last words Hye Won ever says to her daughter, and which sent her running out of the airport to her death. Frustratingly, it's obviously a rhetorical question to Ae Ni to which both speakers know the answer, but we don't have the context that provides that answer. "네 아빠가 널 왜 나한테 보냈을까?  Why do you think your dad sent you to me?"  What on earth does that refer to?  When did Do Woo "send" Ae Ni to Hye Won? and if he did, why should his reason for doing so, which it's implied both mother and daughter know, mean that Ae Ni must keep her promise not to return to Korea until her mother says so? 

Supposing however, that 네 아빠가 doesn't refer to Do Woo at all, but to Ae Ni's biological father, of whom Hye Won has never spoken to anyone but her daughter?  Was he the one who "sent" Ae Ni to Hye Won for a reason mother and daughter know, but we don't?  The verb 보내다 can mean most of the things English "to send" does. But in Korean usage is has cultural overlays not relevant in English. Every Kdrama viewer will know of deserted mistresses who "send" their child to its father's family to be brought up, and of families who "send" such children back to their ostracized mothers if they become an inconvenience or an embarrassment. Is that perhaps what's being alluded to here?  If Hye Won was indeed referring to Do Woo, the most natural way of putting that would have been simply 아빠 널 왜 나한테 보냈을까?. The way that she precedes the word appa by the apparently unnecessary 네 (nowadays of course pronounced 니) and follows it with the equally normally dispensible subject marker 가, then makes a pause before going on,, offers a tantalizing hint that she may not be referring to Do Woo at all here.

Food for thought, no?

---- cut here ---

00:20:44,886 --> 00:20:48,992
- Two beers.
-Wait! Haven't we met before somewhere?

00:20:49,388 --> 00:20:52,589
- Take your beers.
- I'm sure we've met somewhere.

00:21:01,241 --> 00:21:02,309
Nice!

00:21:11,440 --> 00:21:12,470
Here.

00:21:13,470 --> 00:21:15,070
- Cheers.
- Cheers.

00:21:15,283 --> 00:21:19,041
Great to get out, isn't it?
Gives you a real boost.

00:21:19,341 --> 00:21:20,871
Hello!

00:21:21,006 --> 00:21:24,553
I was wondering who these two lovely ladies
 were and wow! they're our Chief Stewardesses!

00:21:24,721 --> 00:21:27,609
I hear you're married to Captain Park. Is that right?

00:21:27,913 --> 00:21:30,941
What are you doing here?

00:21:31,041 --> 00:21:34,070
Me? I hang out in the same sort of places
as you. Bars, parties, nightclubs...

00:21:34,169 --> 00:21:36,519
I'm not into clubbing nowadays

00:21:36,619 --> 00:21:38,969
I'm only here for a friend's launching party.

00:21:39,644 --> 00:21:42,052
Oh, your little daughter. Did she get there safely?

00:21:42,234 --> 00:21:44,065
Where did you hear about that?

00:21:44,165 --> 00:21:47,202
So now you're free. And in the height of fashion as well.

00:21:50,000 --> 00:21:51,540
Hi everyone!

00:21:51,640 --> 00:21:53,170
Glad you came! Help yourself to food.

00:21:53,629 --> 00:21:55,629
Ji Eun!

00:21:56,179 --> 00:21:58,569
Oh, hi!.
It's been ages!

00:21:59,179 --> 00:22:02,811
But say, have you started growing again? I told you, heels were out.

00:22:02,969 --> 00:22:04,969
They're only 3 cm., that's all.

00:22:05,290 --> 00:22:07,689
So what are you launching?
I can't congratulate you unless I know.

00:22:07,789 --> 00:22:10,369
Nothing really. I've been in business for 2 years now..

00:22:10,469 --> 00:22:13,050
This is just to mark my first first big commission

00:22:13,821 --> 00:22:15,929
My office is just up there.

00:22:23,092 --> 00:22:26,568
Be brave, Hyo Eun!

00:22:31,453 --> 00:22:33,454
Why on earth am I here?

00:22:34,091 --> 00:22:36,091
Where did I meet that guy before?

00:22:36,712 --> 00:22:40,318
He's a friend of mine. Me, Do Woo, him, you... We all met once before.

00:22:40,619 --> 00:22:45,803
Ah, now I remember. You, and that that guy who owns  this place.
And Seo Do Woo was there too?

00:22:45,945 --> 00:22:49,059
Yup. We work together
We've known each other since kindergarten.

00:22:49,344 --> 00:22:51,080
Let me give you my business card.

00:22:51,323 --> 00:22:53,892
Heck, back then I was crazy enough to flirt with him.

00:22:53,992 --> 00:22:56,561
I was mortified to find he was married with a daughter.

00:22:56,780 --> 00:23:00,643
- Well actually, back then...
- Dammit, I'm, always drawn to married men.

00:23:00,833 --> 00:23:03,493
Mi Jin, I'll be going now.

00:23:03,593 --> 00:23:06,429
- Why?
-Back then he was single...

00:23:06,529 --> 00:23:09,366
but then he married a single mother with a little girl.
Our magnificent Do Woo did.

00:23:09,501 --> 00:23:11,501
I'm all out of cards. I'll give you one later.

00:23:11,601 --> 00:23:13,990
- Su Ah, come over here.
- But I'm about to leave.

00:23:14,185 --> 00:23:18,050
- Meet my friend here. She's the one who recommended
the place where Hyo Eun's staying.

00:23:18,334 --> 00:23:19,956
Ah, so she's the one?

00:23:20,057 --> 00:23:24,450
If she's your  friend, she's mine too. Hi there, friend!

00:23:24,919 --> 00:23:27,309
Ah, I'd been hoping to meet you to thank you.

00:23:28,896 --> 00:23:30,103
[I gotta go!]

00:23:34,328 --> 00:23:36,085
Back in a sec...

00:23:45,529 --> 00:23:49,723
If your friend knows the parents of Hyo Won's room mate,
I couldn't introduce myself and thank her properly.

00:23:50,154 --> 00:23:52,250
- Yes you can, right now.
- Not dressed like this!.

00:23:52,370 --> 00:23:54,667
You're just being silly now.

00:23:54,767 --> 00:23:58,329
Is it a criminal offense for married woman to go out and have fun?

00:23:58,899 --> 00:24:00,604
Or is that why they all play around in secret...?

00:24:00,704 --> 00:24:03,184
Heck I shouldn't have come here in the first place.

00:24:09,221 --> 00:24:11,221
Well I never, it's the man himself!

00:24:11,406 --> 00:24:13,758
- Let's go say hi
- Say hi to who? And why?

00:24:13,858 --> 00:24:16,340
It's the father of Hyo Eun's room-mate Ae Ni.

00:24:16,451 --> 00:24:18,525
That Man of Mystery, Seo Do Woo.

00:24:27,597 --> 00:24:30,721
Thanks.
Have fun!

00:24:51,885 --> 00:24:55,373
Pardon the intrusion. Are You Seo Do Woo?

00:24:56,276 --> 00:24:58,782
Perhaps you remember me?

00:24:58,908 --> 00:25:02,508
We met 5 years back. It was with Ji Eun, plus
the bar owner here,  and a few others...

00:25:03,143 --> 00:25:05,345
I got Ji Eun to ask you where your daughter lives.

00:25:05,525 --> 00:25:06,770
Ah...

00:25:07,385 --> 00:25:09,192
so you're...

00:25:09,292 --> 00:25:11,100
... Hyo Eun's mother?

00:25:11,200 --> 00:25:15,135
Ah no, not me. My friend is.

00:25:15,270 --> 00:25:17,710
She came along here with me, but...

00:25:17,809 --> 00:25:22,042
she thinks the figure-hugging dress she's wearing
rules out meeting a fellow-parent.

00:25:22,279 --> 00:25:23,689
Ah...

---- cut here --------

14 hours ago, jongski said:

That was such a beautiful scene, so touching. It just showed SA's sincerity.  This my first time watching this actress. She is doing a great job. All of the actors are really great in this drama.  I'm happy your watching this drama too.

@leekyuphii This is a beautifully filmed drama.The cinematography seems to set the tone for this drama. It seems like watching a movie. I love the ost too. It just has that classic melodrama sound.

12 hours ago, USAFarmgirl said:

My favorite scene was when it was raining ans SDW went to get the car and CSA picked Ae Ni up off the ground and held her tightly in her arms.  Like a Mother would and should hold her child ashes or body, alive or dead to CSA it didn't matter she was someones precious child worth protecting and loved no matter what.  I truly loved that moment...:wub:

I was waiting for your post!  Invisible, lonely really does sum it up for DW and SA lives in these first 2 episodes. My heart really went out to DW too for having to face this loss alone. Just thinking about that scene when she picks Annie off the floor brings tears to my eyes again.  

4 hours ago, Lawyerh said:

Btw is SA and DW going to be in relationship im curious.. Cos i think the teaser wording said can man & woman just be a normal friends when both married? I prefer them to be a couple hehe.. Eventhough it sounds wrong..

Hello, It does sound wrong but I'm shipping them too. Let's see what happens.

@sin hoonsim  Those pics from the magazine shot are hot. Those two have some crazy mad chemistry. 

This scene. The rain. The two of them.  the protective way. He's not even touching her shoulder. But just to guide.  She hugged that backpack protecting what's inside - it's Annie's ashes inside the urn that SDW father made out of love for the young girl. <3

CtIoaXMUIAAfghl.jpg

cr: krmonsterteam twts

The two of them. The end scene. The quiet beauty  of this drama. Melancholy sadness with simple touch of elegance throughout the episode.

And "by the river she sad down and wept"  and he looked at her as if to say... thank you for  the comfort.

CtJEScVUMAIxwew.jpg
CtJESeBUkAAqeF5.jpg
CtJESgKUkAAz-WC.jpg

cr: krmonsterteam twt

Hi everyone, first post in this thread.

Episode 1 & 2 are just so good I've re-watched twice on each episodes! Those interactions between the leads are just so heartwarming to me! 
I actually went back and check out on the Press Conference highlights but those scene were 95% from Episode 1 & 2 

by the way, KBS is gonna air a special episode of E01 & E02 on Wednesday just before E03 starts. I think they will re-edit bits of the episode, nothing new but I hope they're gonna add some new scenes to it too! : )

For those who have Instagram, go follow the leads! (Sadly Lee Sangyoon doesn't have one and Choi Yeojin has shut down her account)

Kim Haneul: https://www.instagram.com/haneul_jin/

Shin Sungrok: https://www.instagram.com/shin_sung_rok/

Jang Heejin: https://www.instagram.com/heejin8359/

@baduy Once again interesting analysis of Hye Won's possible reasons for keeping Ae Ni out of Korea. A custody thing? Some problem with her biological father? But why the need for deception with her husband now?  Why only tell her daughter the reason for exiling her?

It's surprising how much time I'm spending trying to understand Hye Won's actions.  For example, keeping her daughter from coming home but then buying that airline ticket for CDW seems really perverse. In a way,she got them both out of town. Because she needed time to concentrate on her art/her work?  Was she creating personal time? Because even if her daughter could not come back for custody reasons, why didn't she go with CDW? Don't get her at all. But I'm hooked on the drama.

And happy to see so many familiar chingus here, too. Hi back, @Lawyerh  Laughing out loud with Shopping King Louie but loving this drama in a whole different way. 

Annyeong chingu @Lawyerh! i am really liking this drama and i really wanted to write something about it but at present i am pressed with work.  i intend to though, i hope not after episode 4. The drama is a beauty to behold, from the actors to their chemistry to the cinematography and the subtle ost.  In fact, I am torn which Wed-Thurs drama to watch live, so most prolly i might not anymore.  I am liking Shopping King Louie too, too much, i guess, for now.  Even JI have it's own charm. Aaaagh just too many choices these day when back in the day we had too few and too scarce.

I would like also to say thanks to @baduy for sharing your subs with us.  We would be thankful if you can even share the whole drama's subs in the future. (Yes, I have no shame at all... cause clearly you are a gem that would help us when subs are late or rather contains some errors.) But anyways, don't mind me i am just saying it randomly.  Not having the your advantage of being able to understand the language, in my understanding from what i've watched with the current subs, I am of the thought that it was AN's biological father whom HW is referring to when she said "Why do you think your dad sent you to me?" Obviously DW would not send her to HW since they are already a family so for the sentence to refer to DW would not make sense to me. I guess my bigger question is why is HW is with that kind of attitude?  I guess we have to learn more as the drama unfolds.

Archived