[KBS Drama 2016] On the Way to the Airport 공항 가는 길 Kim Ha Neul♥Lee Sang Yun | Congratulations winning Best Couple, Top Excellence-Actress & Excellence-Actor Awards

LSYfan

I understand that people grive in they on way but whats wrong with Anna mother.. Was she not wanting to see her child at all telling her not to come back to Korea is ridiculous not even to visit.. I know the poor girl had to feel not wanted by anyone not her mother or father.. I wonder do her real father knows she's dead,..?

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, valsava said:

I understand that people grive in they on way but whats wrong with Anna mother.. Was she not wanting to see her child at all telling her not to come back to Korea is ridiculous not even to visit.. I know the poor girl had to feel not wanted by anyone not her mother or father.. I wonder do her real father knows she's dead,..?

That's is the question, what is going on w/HW?  I think it was ridiculous and sad how the child was treated by her mother.

@baduy  I have to admit I'm driven a lot by emotion. It is hard for me to see the way that child was treated by her mother. While for now I don't think there would be any good reason for that behavior, if the writer can come up w/a good reason, I'm willing to entertain it. Thank you for the translations and sharing you insights:DI think the last time I got a chance to read them was in the Mask thread. I always enjoy reading you point of view.

@nonski  you are every where:wub:I can't wait to read your views on this drama too.

7 minutes ago, evie7 said:

That's is the question, what is going on w/HW?  I think it was ridiculous and sad how the child was treated by her mother.

@baduy  I have to admit I'm driven a lot by emotion. It is hard for me to see the way that child was treated by her mother. While for now I don't think there would be any good reason for that behavior, if the writer can come up w/a good reason, I'm willing to entertain it. Thank you for the translations and sharing you insights:DI think the last time I got a chance to read them was in the Mask thread. I always enjoy reading you point of view.

@nonski  you are every where:wub:I can't wait to read your views on this drama too.

lols chingu as you are @evie7! i like it when we are able to discuss dramas and we are not reduced to oh's and ah's to the actors in the drama.  Current dramas seems to have that so I dip in their threads from time to time. :) 

helloes @valsava chingu, i don't think he does and he seemed not considered here so there is a probability that it won't be mentioned.

Actually, I shouldn't have said that that puzzling question was the last thing Hye Won ever said to her daughter. If I'd taken my own advice and paid the necessary hawk-like attention to the visuals, I'd have realized that she says something more after that. What it is I can't be sure because there's no sound at that point, but the PD goes to the trouble to show her saying whatever she does say in a closeup shot. So experts in Korean lip-reading, which I'm most certainly not, are at a distinct advantage here (it wouldn't be the first Kdrama in which crucial bits of dialogue have been simultaneously revealed and obscured in this way) It's tempting to surmise that whatever she does say might be a compressed reminder of the reason her daughter mustn't come  back to Korea yet.. But to be honest, my best guess after multiple rewinds would be that she says "엄마 말 잘 들어" = "Do as I say". Any advance on that, anyone?  Does no-one out there have a hearing-impaired Korean grandparent to hand who might help on this one?  

While we're eavesdropping on Hye Won's phonecalls to Kuala Lumpur, in the one in ep 2 concerning Ae Ne's belongings, she uses a rather odd formulation, saying to Mae Ri 애니 손 탄 건 다 없애주세요..  = Destroy (actually it's more radical than that, the verb means literally "Please cause not to exist any more" so it's more like "totally eliminate")  EVERYTHING AE NI'S HAND(S) HAVE EVER TOUCHED." Is she worried about possible DNA testing?  If so, that iron is going to cause BIG TROUBLE. And the  change in her tone of voice that others have remarked on as she makes that request as soon a she's sure Do Woo is out of earshot could be dictated by fear rather than callousness, fear of whatever/whoever  it was she wanted to keep at bay by stopping Ae Ni from coming back just yet, and which may still pose a threat, even if it's only the unfortunate girl's DNA that returns (and yes, it is now possible in some cases to recover DNa from cremated ashes, so maybe that was why Hye Won wanted those to be buried in Malaysia, too.

The iron itself is another little puzzle where we suspect the writer is up to something. Remember how Ae Ni told her father she was going to buy Mae Ri that iron out of her own savings, and Do Woo replying that he couldn't help being proud of her for that. Well, in ep 2 Mae Ri tells Su Ah that this was AE NI's OWN IRON, which she had zealously used herself to, among other things, iron her beloved Hye Won's school uniform. Now since it's scarcely conceivable that Ae Ni had bought the iron for Mae Ri, but then liked it so much that she thought twice about making Mae Ri a present of it, that means Mae Ri is telling a while lie about the iron's ownership, Presumably because she wants Do Woo to have this tangible evidence of his daughter's kindness rather than holding on to the present (she couldn't tell Su Ah that the iron had been a present to her without risking Su Ah asking whether in that case, she didn't want to keep it herself as a memento...) But in that case, that iron is going to be a piece of very HOT PROPERTY, (even if it couldn't actually be turned on and literally heated up in Korea because it visibly has a Malaysian square-profile  fused plug -- a relic of British Imperial Rule that you'll also find in Malta, Singapore, and parts of Australia)  and if Do Woo's intention to smuggle it home behind his wife's back misfires, there'll be hell to pay...

Or should I keep my paranoid tendencies at bay by watching Pororo episodes instead of these dramas???

Seo Dowoo.  Soft. Warm. Caring doting father. Thoughtful. And I'm not even sure if he loves his wife. But he married her and I think it has something to do with Annie.  He loves that  young girl even though he is not the biological father.  We understood his pain.

Cs9ySFsXEAABeL3.jpg

Park Jin Suk.   Authoritative. The Boss. His word is like the final word.  Also known as "Gentleman of Sydney" and I'm not even sure if he even  really loves Sooah.  But I'll say he loves  his daughter Hyo Eun in his own authoritative way.

Cs9yS9iXgAArcn5.jpg

credit to unniesoppas.

Edit: for double post.

2 hours ago, evie7 said:

@evie7  I could see if she was ill treated by the stepfather family members but it seems to me that they had accepted her as one of they own.. Just what is really going on.. I think the other girls father either had and affair with mom so called friend or he's going to have and affair with one of women.. It seems he want the child away for other reasons I don't think school is the main factor in this whats his real motive I find it strange that half the other employees don't even know who his wife is..  

2 hours ago, nonski said:

helloes @valsava chingu, i don't think he does and he seemed not considered here so there is a probability that it won't be mentioned.

Waving hello @nonski  It seems both parents was not consider of her both parents seemed to have ditch her for there other half.. Was she and unwanted pregnancy between the real parents..

I have just finished the first 2 eps and I am really impressed! Initially I decided to watch this drama because of the cast ( I adore them) but now I just think the plot is very interesting! There are a lot of things to be discovered and I can't wait for that. 

I don't know much about Korea besides dramas but I don't get why Ha Neul is still married! Is it because divorce is unacceptable? I mean her husband shows 0 support, he only uses harsh words toward her, he doesn't care about her feelings at all and it seems like he is also a cheater ( I was so speechless when her friend went to talk with the flight attendant! Did she have an affair with him in the past?) 

Sang Y is the opposite! A loving father who truly cares about his daughter! I still can't accept that Annie died! I felt so bad towards him! I am so curious to know about how he met his wife! And the reason why she treated her daughter so badly! 

Anyway can't wait for wed 

Sooah

Warm. Soft. Caring doting mother even with her busy schedule.  And I feel like she's trap in a loveless marriage. PJS is just too controlling and authoritative and married to work.  Or or.. maybe..he had something going with someone prior and she doesn't know or  she knows but dismissed it. I feel like she's  kind of martyr in that  she'll stay, she'll work out for as long as she could. But....marriage is a give and take. hubby is just..... in his own authoritative world. I could be wrong but just observation and thoughts.

CtNXRqdVMAAHWcc.jpg

Hyewon

She Is a mystery. Shipped Annie to Intl school in Malaysia. Grieve by working. Does not want daughter buried in Korea. Does not want  daughters things brought back to Korea,. She still doesn't know that SDW brought back the ashes of Annie. Not sure if she really loves  SDW at all.

Cs8XfDyVUAA-_1e.jpg

all pis credit to owners.

And then  during this scene. I felt my tears as he cuts a solitary figure of a father in mourning. The pain in his eyes.  Subtle, not too overly dramatic but the sadness was felt. And with the background music... it was just right. How can sadness be so beautiful?!

CtDm5CnVYAAQQq_.jpg
CtDm5tJUIAA3Gbo.jpg
CtDm6hSUkAAv7Re.jpg

credit: ssupanya

2 hours ago, Thaila Bastos said:

don't know much about Korea besides dramas but I don't get why Ha Neul is still married! Is it because divorce is unacceptable? I

Not nowadays to a younger generation. Though they may have problems getting their parents to accept it. But I don't think that's the issue here. 

Hyo Won commented that her parents had a "weird marriage" and Su Ah replied cheerfully "Marriages come in all shapes and sizes." Though by the time she said that, both girls had abandoned their respective parent in mid video-call and dashed off together to do something more interesting. But this drama is rigged with booby-traps to tempt viewers with surplus judgmental tedencies to let loose with the condemnations and then repent at leisure when the writer reveals more about the marriages concerned.

I am not married yet and when I get, I will do my best to last forever but in her condition I would have divorced already! Maybe she thinks that getting divorce is a failure, or she thinks that it is necessary to be married to raise  her daughter well.

I am very interested to see how the writer will show us the interaction btw the leads.  I have read some news about the plot and I always thought that they would be romantically involved. Initially I actually thought they were divorced...  but after getting to know them in these 2 ep I just can't see them having a romance being married. They seem too invested in their family

4 minutes ago, Lawyerh said:

Interesting.

I always thought South Korea actor and actresses married is lasting quite long compare to other countries.. Seldom have third party too as divorce reason...

I also thought the same. I mean i don't know many Korean celebrities that got a divorce so I kinda imagine the same happened with ordinary people! 

47 minutes ago, Thaila Bastos said:

I am very interested to see how the writer will show us the interaction btw the leads.  I have read some news about the plot and I always thought that they would be romantically involved. Initially I actually thought they were divorced...  but after getting to know them in these 2 ep I just can't see them having a romance being married. They seem too invested in their family

Yes, I know what you mean. And Sooah especially doesn't seem as though she could break her marriage vows. Sooah at work goes by the book literally--recommends that her young shaky coworker just follow the manual and her job will come naturally. And she's even uncomfortable wearing a tight dress on a night out with her friend. I think @evie7 said it looked like we're heading for some emotional infidelity. Thought that was an interesting way of putting it. How close can you get to people outside your marriage before it becomes a kind of cheating?  And yet poor SDW grieving alone. HW might need to grieve by working, but what about SDW's pain?  HW knew how close he was to their daughter. How could Sooah--or anyone--not want to comfort him? 

Just finished the first two episodes and I have to say this drama will surely be added to my list of favorites.

Although it's a bit on the uncomfortable side for both our leads to be married, and we can see the cracks in said marriages, will it be enough to warrant two divorces? I mean as a writer wouldn't that plot be simply too easy?. 

So here's what we know so far. HW hated her daughter, and stopped her from coming to Korea, while telling everyone else she was independent and loved being aboard. We also know HW was the last person Annie spoke to, and the words she said to her are very important and essentially a cause in Annie's death. Could HW's hatred for her daughter be as simple as Annie being better at making Knot's then her as the grandmother stated Annie was very talented? I hope not because that would really just make HW a villain and i somehow still want to sympathize with her.

JS though he seemed like an awful father who just wanted to ship his daughter away in the first episode, the second episode has truly redeemed him for me. I feel he does want whats best for his daughter and realizes maybe with "their" jobs boarding school would be best. I also like that he defended his wife to his mother "stating she was good at her job and very capable. And although he turned down that twat of a flight attendent. There seems to be a past affair or story between JS and Mi JIn, perhaps a one night drunken mistake? Ah I don't want the girls friendship ruined:cry:. I hope if anything she just has a crush on him or something. JS and SA marriage also seems to be one of necessity, and maybe he will be the one to leave SA freely because there is no love between them anymore.

I really hope the writer plots an interesting enough story that makes it right for me to ship my leads, without questioning their morals. 

From episode 3 it seems the attraction/connection is felt by both of them, enough for SA to feel like she is doing something wrong.

Can I also say how refreshing it is to have a drama without evil MIL's and cunning, back stabbing second leads :).

I already fall in love with this drama just by two episodes. I am craving more! I

know this drama will tell us about cheating, but why, strangely, I can't hate them? I actually want they will end together.But it seems impossible. I think like commonly drama about cheating, they won't end up together. But hey, DW loves SA's daughter and SA loves Annie (my speculation hahaha)

ObsessiveCompulsive

If HW hates Annie just because Annie can make a better knot than her, she don't deserves Annie. Annie was a bright, cheerful, and nice girl. Isn't it not fair to hate her just because her talent? Even hate by her own mother! I hope this reason just a speculation. Because if it's right, I am sure I'll hate HW for the rest of my life. And yeah, same as you, I still searching for HW's reason and I hope it's reasonable enough so I'll symphatize over her, a little bit.

7 hours ago, valsava said:

@evie7  I could see if she was ill treated by the stepfather family members but it seems to me that they had accepted her as one of they own.. Just what is really going on.. I think the other girls father either had and affair with mom so called friend or he's going to have and affair with one of women.. It seems he want the child away for other reasons I don't think school is the main factor in this whats his real motive I find it strange that half the other employees don't even know who his wife is..  

Waving hello @nonski  It seems both parents was not consider of her both parents seemed to have ditch her for there other half.. Was she and unwanted pregnancy between the real parents..

that is a possibility chingu!  we are all speculations so far.  i hope we will be able to glimpse more on this in the coming episodes.

Archived