[Drama 2016/2017] The Legend of The Blue Sea 푸른 바다의 전설

ilwoo_aein

7 hours ago, jongski said:

Target premiere in November.  I'll be checking out the drama for.....light hearted pleasantness.  And holiday feeling. Magical Mystery Mermaid Modern romance. I mean I'm not expecting critics love (though if it turns out to be just that..then that's even better). I wonder who's going to be added to the cast.

How it's gonna be. Should be. Back to black.

cr: as tagged

November can't come faster. It's not that far out but yet again it seems far out due to excitement 

• Like 7

China in a frenzy to catch Jeon Ji-hyeon and Lee Min-ho

photo734750.jpg

Jeon Ji-hyeon and Lee Min-ho's upcoming SBS drama "The Legend of the Blue Sea" has been offered $500,000 US dollars per episode.

A source from China who is well aware of this said, "It's been tough trying to get a reach of drama officials to sign the contract for "The Legend of the Blue Sea" but one company offered $500,000 US dollars. We expect there to be a higher offer soon".

This kind of amount is only possible because of Jeon Ji-hyeon and Lee Min-ho. Jeon Ji-hyeon hit the peak of her career by starring in writer Park Ji-eun's "My Love from the Star". She created a syndrome all over Asia.

Lee Min-ho also had a taste of the Hallyu wave thanks to "The Heirs". He was called the 'the man of the continent'. The collaboration between star writer Park Ji-eun and director Jin Hyeok is going to be phenomenal.

"The Legend of the Blue Sea" is a fantasy romance drama based on a historical tale about a fisherman letting go of the mermaids he catches.

The characters were made with Lee Min-ho and Jeon Ji-hyeon in mind and they also agreed to star in the drama right away.

The drama will be released in November.

source: hancinema

• Like 7

5 upcoming dramas that air this year

Legend of the Blue Sea”

Actress Jun Ji-hyun and actor Lee Min-ho (Herald Pop)

Korean top celebrities, actress Jun Ji-hyun and actor Lee Min-ho will star in SBS’ new drama.

The mermaid-themed fantasy-drama will premiere in November.

By Kim Soo-hyang (shkim@heraldcorp.com)

http://kpopherald.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=201606201442335092516_2

• Like 7

Hi dear all! :)

Thank you so much for all the beautiful pictutes.

These past 3 years have been so hard without lee min ho in drama. :(  so I am super duper excited that he is coming back to dramaland.

I have been waiting to hear news about the drama. But since their last drama confirmation, there hasn't been any new articles or talks. I remember the time that Heirs leads casting was announced, we were hearing news back to back from the rest of the cast and also their characters. I know I am being impatient. Forgive me, I am so excited XD

The FIRST thing I Reallyyyy wanna know if it is Modern or Saguk. I don't know which of them would be better. But I think for advertising fashion and cosmetic (Like in the previous drama of Gianna Jun) modern drama would the best choice. Saguk drama is different. I think international fans like Modern drama better and usually these are modern dramas that become popular in China. Considering the fact that the producers of this drama are already aware of the in-advance HUGE interest from th fans, they would go with modern time to promote pop-culture.

The Second thing Im curious about if this drama is going to be romance-Comedy OR melodrama. In most articles I read it is comedy but I also have read in comments that it is melodrama, because it is based on the Hans Christian Anderson version. I am a bit confused, so what is the difference between little mermaid of Hans and the Joseon version?

Do you guys have simillar curiosities as mine? :))

• Like 4

Hi nika,

I suspect that we will not hear much about the drama at least for a couple of weeks because the focus is on his movie--which I am going to see tomorrow!  I imagine we will hear more late July-August.  

While I was a history major in college, I prefer modern day drama.  LMH first caught my eye in Faith, which I loved him in, but is not my favorite drama.  

All I know is that I will be doing a happy dance Wed and Thurs in Nov!

• Like 5

Hi CarolynH, :))

Thank you for the insights. You are right, the focus is now on his movie.  :))

Enjoy the movie! \(^_^)/  I read that his character is very cheerful, which is good. Because Gangnam Blues was a dark movie and his character was heavy and sad. It is very good that he swiched from a dark-action movie to a light-comedy-action one. As he has always said, he likes to try different roles and challenges himself. I personally LOVE action movie and dramas but I prefer the ones which balance between action and comedy like City Hunter. There were sweet and cute moments, heart-pounding and serious, and also sentimental scenes. 

Edited by nika94
  • Like 5

Lee Hee-joon joins Lee Min-ho as a con artist for Legend of the Blue Sea

by javabeans | July 6, 2016 | 2 Comments
leeheejoon-01.jpg

Aw yay, I really like Lee Hee-joon (Yoo-na’s Street, SORI: Voice From the Heart), so I’m pleased to hear he’s joining Jeon Ji-hyun (You From Another Star) and Lee Min-ho(Heirs) in their upcoming big-buzz project, Legend of the Blue Sea. He has met with the team and given his verbal agreement, and final details of his contract are currently being worked out.

This is the drama reteaming Jeon with her You From Another Star writer (Park Ji-eun) and Lee with his City Hunter PD (Jin Hyuk), which positions it to become one the biggest-hyped dramas of the year. Whether it becomes the biggest hit remains to be seen, but the production has certainly stacked the deck in its favor.

The script has not come out yet so details are still thin, but we do know that it’s based on a folktale of a mermaid. Contrary to earlier reports that it was based on the famous Little Mermaid fairy tale (by Hans Christian Andersen), the drama is actually taking a difference source as its inspiration: Eouyadam, or Eou’s Unofficial Histories, Korea’s very first collection of folktales dating back to the 16th century.

READ MORE AT DRAMABEANS

• Like 8

On 2/7/2016 at 3:45 AM, nika94 said:

Hi dear all! :)

Thank you so much for all the beautiful pictutes.

These past 3 years have been so hard without lee min ho in drama. :(  so I am super duper excited that he is coming back to dramaland.

I have been waiting to hear news about the drama. But since their last drama confirmation, there hasn't been any new articles or talks. I remember the time that Heirs leads casting was announced, we were hearing news back to back from the rest of the cast and also their characters. I know I am being impatient. Forgive me, I am so excited XD

The FIRST thing I Reallyyyy wanna know if it is Modern or Saguk. I don't know which of them would be better. But I think for advertising fashion and cosmetic (Like in the previous drama of Gianna Jun) modern drama would the best choice. Saguk drama is different. I think international fans like Modern drama better and usually these are modern dramas that become popular in China. Considering the fact that the producers of this drama are already aware of the in-advance HUGE interest from th fans, they would go with modern time to promote pop-culture.

The Second thing Im curious about if this drama is going to be romance-Comedy OR melodrama. In most articles I read it is comedy but I also have read in comments that it is melodrama, because it is based on the Hans Christian Anderson version. I am a bit confused, so what is the difference between little mermaid of Hans and the Joseon version?

Do you guys have simillar curiosities as mine? :))

I think LMH has an on-going movie airing and fans are pouring all into that right now but it should be over soon then all focus should be on the drama.. I'm excited to be honest.. Btw I don't think comedy suits this concept because it's an advanture genre imo so putting comedy in these could ruin everything and I don't think the producer or writer will go that direction... Some jokes within is fine but no comedy please

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Geolyvseven said:

I think LMH has an on-going movie airing and fans are pouring all into that right now but it should be over soon then all focus should be on the drama.. I'm excited to be honest.. Btw I don't think comedy suits this concept because it's an advanture genre imo so putting comedy in these could ruin everything and I don't think the producer or writer will go that direction... Some jokes within is fine but no comedy please

I agree with you regarding the comedy part. This will be something we have never seen before and rediscover new underwater world that is hard to tell with spoken words but only with visual pictures and creatures that only appear in folklores. This is definitely going to mark a new change in generally and throw us into the unknown. Tbh there is really not many Mermaid movies or Tv-shows out there except Pirates of caribbean and they didn't go full on the mermaid story it was just a side show and didn't focus on that part while most of the people who watched that movie was into the mermaid part. The other is a cartoon and another old movie with Tom hanks I guess i'm not sure but it was not precise Mermaid exploration but a mermaid that becomes a woman instead so we didn't get the chance to explorer that world But I believe the first full time explore on mermaids will come thru this Drama. There is no place for comedy. Even tho I'm LMH-bias I still admit you could drop both stars of this show and still gain the same success with just 2 other leads who are not famous at all but with good acting that matches our current leads. It's one of these scripts and concepts that are intriguingly interesting by it's own.

• Like 2