[Drama 2016/2017] The Legend of The Blue Sea 푸른 바다의 전설

ilwoo_aein

Juhu

Looking for a new drama to look forward to, I stumbled upon this one

The plot sounds cheesy and interessting at once ... ;) ... I might as well wait for this one ;) 

Looking at the plot and whats written so far about it, it sounds to me like a sageuk
Mermaid release by a magistrate ... based on a Joseon storybook

Also I've seen previous work of the 2 mains and like those a lot

see you around 

• Like 4

Please no saeguk! :((  Modern Time is much much better. Why would they make it a saeguk?! Even for their least benefits, modern time would be better, because they can advertise cosmetic like how they did it in YWCFAS and it worked out so well. I checked all the dramas that Park Ji Eun has created and I realized all of them are modern time and romance comedy. This is gonna be her first meldrama. Now, if we have a melo-fantasy, it is gonna be a little bit(or more) dramatic. Right? Correct me if I'm wrong, that is how melodramas are supposed to be (a lot of angesty) .But saeguk? I hope not! I wanna see oppa in beautiful modern clothes! :)) anyways, I wish the best of the best for this dama team. If the writer wants a saeguk, then she sure has a lot of refreshing ideas up in her sleeves! :))

Please feel free to disagree with my ideas. I like to read your analysis and ideas. :)) I could find your point of view more interesting. :))

• Like 3

1 hour ago, nika94 said:

Please no saeguk! :((  Modern Time is much much better. Why would they make it a saeguk?! Even for their least benefits, modern time would be better, because they can advertise cosmetic like how they did it in YWCFAS and it worked out so well. I checked all the dramas that Park Ji Eun has created and I realized all of them are modern time and romance comedy. This is gonna be her first meldrama. Now, if we have a melo-fantasy, it is gonna be a little bit(or more) dramatic. Right? Correct me if I'm wrong, that is how melodramas are supposed to be (a lot of angesty) .But saeguk? I hope not! I wanna see oppa in beautiful modern clothes! :)) anyways, I wish the best of the best for this dama team. If the writer wants a saeguk, then she sure has a lot of refreshing ideas up in her sleeves! :))

Please feel free to disagree with my ideas. I like to read your analysis and ideas. :)) I could find your point of view more interesting. :))

Idk if it will be modern day but if it¨s saeguk then I hope they use the sorcerer and the white snake concept of making it fantasy and with marvelous nature around the romance and intriguing. Not many I-fans like the Joseon era dress code especially the elite dress-code with the cowboy hat and everything.. I have never been into it. The dressing code has to be befitting the drama with fantasy and high class. Qoryeo era is way better and fitting. 

You should check out that movie called The Sorcerer and the white snake because I think that movie is one of the best Asian cinematography I have ever seen and is filmed every well and the camera and everything is ridiculously beautiful filmed with the natural landscape being of high quality. 

The Story is not quite similar to our drama but mirror each other because it's about fantasy also where a humble herbalist guy is saved by a 1000yrs old white snake spirit whom is a very beautiful female when he falls into the water. A strong romance develops between him and this beautiful female creature. I will also go out on a limp here and say that this story is befitting for qoryeo era filled with alot of beautiful landscape shooting with mountains, green grass, valleys, rivers and underwater world. 

• Like 6

I would like to see LMH in a wetsuit like he wore in Heirs!:w00t:  He actually has a cute small booty which is sometimes hidden behind those baggy pants he wore recently.  All kidding aside, I also prefer to see him in modern clothes --not baggy, but tailored.

• Like 4

@nika94 ... not meant bad ... I don't care

I love saeguk, so I would be happy .... but I don't really mind, if they do one or the other ... both have their down points and their up points
the mystyrial, mystical, would (in my opinion) work best in saeguk (but swimming in those times, or clothes ...)
the swimming, contrast of water and land would work best in modern

If it is well made I am fine and dandy .... also I laughed so much watching "personal preference" ... I am no fan of LMH or JJH ... actually not really fan of any, but I liked their previous work, so ... bring it on, one way or the other ;)

Real stupid question ... are their still magistrates in Korea?
I mean it's the magistrate that releases the mermaid ... if they keep close to the story, then saeguk would sound more reasonable, as in modern times, NO fisherman would pass a mermaid to a magistrate and not make his big money with photos, press, interviews, exhibition and such
But maybe they keep it loosely to it ... I so hope the mermaid is not holding a phone as in the last mermaid-drama i peaked into (mermaid princess or so) I was so pissed about her hobbies (playing on her cell, doing emoji-sticker and way to much modern cellphone related activities) ...LMH & JJH can do a marvelous job as much as possible, but I will not put up with that ... I was so glad that I saw the cell from the doc in "Faith" just twice in the 1 episode ... do you know the knight-film with Whoopi Goldberg ... she timetravels and uses her laptop constantly for research .. so not possible ... oh getting sidetracked

• Like 4

You know that I'm always going to have a saying regarding this:D

So let me jump into this at once......... 

@itzibitzispider

Welcome on board:wub:

@joannabof

I just finished watching ''The Sorcerer and the white snake'' just because you suggested that movie and wanted to see any similarity but i have to agree there was alot of similarities and besides that it was really good movie to be fairly honest I was surprised at how good it was and one of the reasons i checked up was to see the cinematography but I ended up being equally stunned by the story-line. I would recommand this movie to anyone passing by here

@nika94

I'm on board with both concepts even tho I slightly perfer it being ancient concept rather then modern but still i would be down with it. 

@CarolynH

baggy as Hiphop clothes?:phew:

• Like 6

I don't know what to say except this is going to be fun.. Gu Jun Pyo will have to dive after his love this time to get his hands on her and she can be elusive. very fancy love interest and that is an understatement

fdb1ee4a5052f19c5ef2324df6eeccd4.jpg

• Like 4

10 hours ago, messi10 said:

Legend of the Blue Sea will be a modern fantasy drama and it will start shooting in August-September 

Thanks for clarify that. Just what we were debating got settled once and for all

• Like 4

@messi10

Thank you! Thank you for this post! :)))) U made my day!! Im so happy I feel like flying :blush: this is gonna be Modern drama! Yes yes yes yesssssssss!

Goodbyeeee Loose baggy traditional clothes! :grin:

Finallyyyy some news come out! :)))

• Like 3

I cannot believe the filming will start in August-September. Such good news!! \(^_^)/ August is approaching us :))) but it is kinda surprising that they are keeping a low file and don't spread much information about the other cast and characters. They say no news is good news. :))  I check this thread a couple of times a day, but it is kinda quiet. I feel lonely here :bawling:   ;))

• Like 4

You are welcome @nika24 :) yes it's a relief that it's a modern. I was also wondering because source material is a story from joseon era. Now we know it'll be a modern adaptation of it. Although I like saguek dramas too but I really wanted this to be a modern hehe 

• Like 2

Hi @nika94!  I don't expect this thread to be real active until they return from Australia.  I wonder how long they will be in Australia?  One month?  LMH seems close to wrapping up his BH promotions and then he can fully concentrate on LBS.  I wonder if he'll keep the black hair.

• Like 3

'The Legend of the Blue Sea' starring Jeon Ji-hyeon and Lee Min-ho: writer Park Ji-eun says, 'The progress is cruising well'

photo749005.jpg

Star writer Park Ji-eun will stir up the drama world this fall again.

First of all, the brilliant cast, Lee Min-ho and Jeon Ji-hyeon to headline the drama is more than fantastic."My Love from the Star" writer Park Ji-eun is coming back with 'The Legend of the Blue Sea'. According to the sources in broadcasting industry and show business, she stopped communicating with people except for only a few close associates and is focusing on writing the drama intensively.

After she returned from her business trip in Beijing to attend the premiere for the Chinese debut film by "My Love from the Star" director, she only had a couple of official meetings with high ranked official of SBS and blocked all the invitation to attend public events.

'The Legend of the Blue Sea' is a fantasy romance drama that borrowed motifs from a mermaid story found in a book called 'Eaou Yadam', a collection of folk tales. According to the folk tale, Kim Dam-ryung, a magistrate in Hyupgok, released a mermaid caught by a fisherman back to the sea.

As this is the first time to deal with a mermaid story in Korea, it is hard to predict anything about how the story will unfold. However, writer Park Ji-eun has surprised us delightfully with the attractive creation of an alien character contrary to our common belief about extraterrestrial life. Therefore, it is believed that Park Ji-eun will surprise us again with something beyond our imagination.

cr.hancinema

• Like 10

Shin HyeSun, to appear in "Legend of the Blue Sea" ... work with Jeon JiHyeon and Lee MinHo

http://star.mt.co.kr/view/stview.php?no=2016080107211426220

2016080107211426220_1.jpg

Hola fans!

Shin HyeSun, to appear in "Legend of the Blue Sea" ... work with Jeon Jiyoun and Lee MinHo

-----------------------------
http://star.mt.co.kr/view/stview.php?no=2016080107211426220
-----------------------------

Shin HyeSun, to appear in "Legend of the Blue Sea" ... work with Jeon Jiyoun and Lee MinHo

Actress Shin HyeSun will appear in SBS drama "Legend of the Blue Sea"

Shin HyeSun's agency YNK Entertainment revealed to StarNews on August 1st AM that Shin HyeSun will star in "Legend of the Blue Sea".

Shin HyeSun will play the role of KAIST research laboratory scientist Cha SheeAh.

"Legend of the Blue Sea" is a fantasy romance drama that borrowed motifs from a mermaid story found in a book called 'Eaou Yadam', a collection of folk tales. According to the folk tale, Kim Dam-ryung, a magistrate in Hyupgok, released a mermaid caught by a fisherman back to the sea.

Shin HyeSun, currently active in a story full of heart-fluttering romance with actor SungHoon on KBS 2TV weekend drama "Five Children", is now drawing attention with regard to what new different charms she will display in her meeting with Jeon Ji-hyeon and Lee Min-ho.

"Legend of the Blue Sea" is slated to begin in November on SBS after Wed/Thu drama "Incarnation of Envy".

==

Plug for her new page also:

• Like 7

@meechuttso thank you for sharing this news :))

Is Shin Hye Sun gonna act as the second female role?! 

So we are gonna have a scientist in the drama. :)) It sounds refreshing in Kdrama. At some point in the drama, maybee she is probably gonna catch our mermaid Gianna Jun for her research and keep in the lab. But then Lee Min Ho is gonna rescue her. :) 

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, nika94 said:

@meechuttso thank you for sharing this news :))

Is Shin Hye Sun gonna act as the second female role?! 

So we are gonna have a scientist in the drama. :)) It sounds refreshing in Kdrama. At some point in the drama, maybee she is probably gonna catch our mermaid Gianna Jun for her research and keep in the lab. But then Lee Min Ho is gonna rescue her. :) 

LMH fangirl? Did you know his name Min-ho, sounds alot like Min-uh, which is a type of fish in korean? I think this drama is his destiny. Watch out for Shin Hye-sun. She has a habit of stealing hearts of men in every drama (see the articles in her thread). I hope she plays an evil scientist role.

• Like 3