[Drama 2016/2017] The Legend of The Blue Sea 푸른 바다의 전설

ilwoo_aein

Thanks everyone for keeping us all up-to-date. They're keeping almost everything as secret as possible not to preempt the show's broadcast by November. They are probably doing the location shoots offshore first since the rest of the scenes will be shot in Korea. If somebody is able to be on their paparazzi mode by then, do share your blessings.lol  We'd love to see photos or videos of them. :)

The Drama's hype is very strategic since little by little the cast of the show is being revealed and a little of the storyline is what we know but not exactly how it'll go ( the modern day mermaid story or the historical type). My guess is that with Writer Park's playful imagination there'll be a twist to this drama that will veer away from the historical type. Besides, it'll just be another mermaid story or A copycat that is if they wont be that creative which is very unlikely of Writer Park.;)

Most likely towards the end of October there'll be a press conference prior to the drama's airing. I do hope they'd release photos and videos of the script reading too by then This is certainly a much awaited drama of the year. The All-star cast is superb and the writer is equally talented. There's nothing else that we can ask for. I just hope that they will be able to live up to the expectations of the avid fans, soon to be fans and viewers of the show once it gets aired. If so, this will make another mark to its viewers just like how MLFAS did. I'm excited and just can't wait any longer. :wub::wub::wub:

• Like 12

Shin joins the con artists in Legend of the Blue Sea

by javabeans | August 15, 2016 | 18 Comments

shin_3.jpg

Another addition has been announced for fantasy-romance Legend of the Blue Sea, one of the big buzz projects of the fall season, which stars Jeon Ji-hyun (You From Another Star) and Lee Min-ho (Heirs). It’s been a couple years since I’ve seen Cross Gene idol-actor Shin (Shin Won-ho) onscreen (in 2012’s Big), and now he’s coming back to dramaland to play a genius hacker (is there any other kind? Though now that I think of it, I’d like to see a drama employ a bumbling hacker at least once).

He’ll join Lee Min-ho and Lee Hee-joon (Yoo-na’s Street) on their con artist team; it’s the role that was auditioning rookie actors recently, and I suppose Shin still qualifies as one even though he debuted five years ago. I still remember him as Little Gong Yoo inBig, even if he spent most of that drama unconscious; I recall liking him in that role, so I’ll look forward to the con artist lineup.

Legend of the Blue Sea is a fantasy romance based on an old folktale of a fisherman who caught a mermaid, and the governor who returned her to the sea. Lee Min-ho actually will be playing two separate characters in the drama; one is a Joseon-era nobleman’s son, while the other is a master con artist in Seoul. Hm, that’s interesting — I’d thoughtLegend of the Blue Sea would be a modern-day drama, but now I’m picturing the inclusion of sageuk elements into the main storyline, a la You From Another Star and its Joseon-era segments.

Jeon Ji-hyun plays a mermaid who comes to Seoul, and she’s named Shim Chung — that has to be a nod to the famous folktale character, often upheld as the pinnacle of filial piety for her self-sacrificing spirit. (I’d love it if that naming were ironic, since Jeon’s brand of sass and comic hauteur are the total opposite of Shim Chung’s sweet, righteous image. Or maybe it’s a nod to the way Shim Chung threw herself into the sea to save her father?)

The two leads reportedly left for foreign location shoots last week; they’ll film in Palau first, followed by Spain shoots in September. The drama, which is written by You From Another Star’s Park Ji-eun and directed by Master’s Sun’s and City Hunter’s PD Jin Hyuk, will be a Wednesday-Thursday drama following Incarnation of Jealousy. It airs on SBS in November.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/08/shin-joins-the-con-artists-in-legend-of-the-blue-sea/

• Like 11

The Legend of the Blue Sea reveals first-ever dual role for Lee Min Ho

by Nancy Z on Mon, Aug 15, 2016

446069f6-1a32-43a0-8250-ca9b9b37def4.jpg

For the first time, Lee Min Ho will be playing a double role in the highly anticipated Legend of the Blue Seathat bridges the Joseon Kingdom and modern-day Korea. Find out more!

The production team is starting to drop more and more information about the new fantasy drama, and viewers' interest is raised again in the latest revelation about Lee Min Ho's new role in the story inspired by a classic Joseon legend about a fisherman who captures and releases a mermaid.

Lee Min Ho will play Kim Moon, a son from a noble family in the Joseon era, when the mermaid Shim Chung (Jeon Ji Hyun) is first captured and released. He will also play Heo Joon Jae, a modern-day con artist who scams under different disguises, such as a lawyer, doctor, businessman, and more. The production is promising that he will show off his comedic side through each of his disguises. 

(I take it that we'll also see fashionable looks for our handsome leading man, be it in Joseon or modern Korea.)

d47be1ae-1f43-43bd-91f7-d69ee1c6a366.jpg

It'll be the first time that Lee Min Ho plays two characters in different eras in the same drama. Previously, in historical romance drama Faith, he played a warrior who traveled from the past to the present in the early part of the story, and he maintained the same character throughout the the drama.

The mermaid apparently shows up in Seoul to live as a human and runs into the professional scammer. Fans are excited just thinking about this pair's possible encounters. 

As filming begins, Lee Min Ho and Jeon Ji Hyun are traveling to Palau and Spain to hopefully give us beautiful shots against the clear blue waters in those exotic locations.

The story is penned by writer Park Ji Eun (My Love From Another Star), who wrote the new drama with the two leading stars in mind, and the drama is directed by Jin Hyuk (City HunterThe Master's Sun.) 

Casting is still furiously underway. So far, the other confirmed actors include: Lee Ji Hoon (Mirror of the Witch), Shin Hye Sun (Oh My Ghostess), Moon So Ri, Lee Hee Joon, and Nah Young Hee, with the latest addition being singer-actor Shin Won Ho

The new fantasy drama will go on air in November.

I can't wait. How about you?

https://www.dramafever.com/news/the-legend-of-the-blue-sea-reveals-first-ever-dual-role-for-lee-min-ho/

• Like 12

Lee Ji-hoon-I to join Lee Min-ho, Jeon Ji-hyeon in "The Legend of the Blue Sea"

photo756322.jpg

Actor Lee Ji-hoon-I is starring in the new SBS drama "The Legend of the Blue Sea".

"The Legend of the Blue Sea" is a fantasy drama based on the motive of Korea's first story book. It is directed by Jin Hyeok and stars Jeon Ji-hyeon, Lee Min-ho, Moon So-ri and other top stars.

Lee Ji-hoon-I plays Heo Ji-hyeon. He is Heo Joon-jae's (Lee Min-ho) brother and brings in conflict to the drama.

Apparently, Lee Ji-hoon-I has unlimited potential and is going to be able to bring the character alive.

Lee Ji-hoon-I debuted with the drama "School 2013" and has been acknowledged for his performances in "Lee Soon-sin is the Best", "Six Flying Dragons", "Mirror of the Witch" and more.

Meanwhile, "Mirror of the Witch" will be released in November.

Source: Hancinema

He is going to bring confict in drama? Perhaps for Oppa Joon Jae's love?NoOoooo :bawling:

• Like 7

Choi Jung Woo confirmed to join "Legend of the Blue sea" and play Lee Min Ho' father. :))) U remember him in "City Hunter"? :D His character was kinda evil. Maybe this time he is going to have a very approachable character in this drama. :))

Found this information in Lee Min Ho's Arab Fan page in Facebook

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=225100757685470&tsid=0.5004035341280924&source=typeahead

• Like 7

So, Choi Jung Woo will play LMH's father presumably in the Joseon part of the drama?  i do remember him from City Hunter @nika94.  I saw him in another drama portraying a loving father, so his character can go either way.  

Hopefully, we'll see JJH and LMH head to Palau next week. It must be next week, right?  I figure maybe 2 weeks in Palau allowing for a day's rest when they arrive, film 2 weeks, return to Korea, rest a week or two then off to Spain.  I can't believe that I'm actually looking at my calendar trying to figure this out!  lol

• Like 8

@carolynH

Hi! :)) I don't think Choi Jung Woo will play as Lee min Ho' father in Josen era. I believe Choi Jung Woo is gonna play as his father in modern time. Because I figured out in "Asianwiki" website that Choi Jun Woo's name in the drama is gonba be "Hoe Gil-Joong". Lee Min Ho's name in modern time is Hoe Joon Jae, Right?!  Correct me if I am wrong.

If Lee Min Ho's name in modern time is Hoe Joon Jae, Then Choi Jung Woo is going to be his father in the modern time. But if "Kim Moon" is LMH's name in modern time, then sure Choi Jung Woo is gonna play his father in Josen.

@carolynH you are not alone in looking at your calender. I also am veryyy curious as to when they will go for the filming. :)) This drama has SO much secrecyyy ;)))  Unlike "The Heirs", I believe the writer of this drama, Mrs Park Ji Eun, doesn't want to reveal all the casting and details in a bunch very soon. That is great! :)) It is better to be surprised than spoiled 

I guess we will be soon be flooded with pictures and details :D

Here is the link of the Legend of the Blue sea casting list and their names in the drama. There are also comments. 

http://asianwiki.com/The_Legend_of_the_Blue_Sea

• Like 8

Lee Min-Ho, Jun Ji-Hyun's drama 'Legend Of The Blue Sea' premiere date revealed; Nabs Two new cast members

Maolen E. | Aug 15, 2016 02:03 PM EDT

'The Legend of the Blue Sea' is an upcoming 2016 South Korean television series starring Jun Ji Hyun and Lee Min Ho.

A particular airtime has finally been revealed for Lee Min-Ho and Jun Ji-Hyun's upcoming SBS drama, "Legend of the Blue Sea." The 20-episode drama was given a Wednesday-Thursday time slot and will premiere on Nov. 16.

Ahead of its scheduled principal photography, "My Love From The Star" actress Na Young-Hee, 54, and Cross Gene's Shin Won-Ho, 24, are set to join the previously announced cast of "Legend of the Blue Sea." The latter will play an elite hacker, Tae-O, who works with Jo Nam-Doo (Lee Hee-Joon) and Heo Joon-Jae (Min-Ho) in criminal activities.

Read more: http://en.yibada.com/articles/151632/20160815/legend-blue-sea-lee-min-ho-jun-ji-hyun-premiere-date.htm#ixzz4HfpWCyEv

• Like 6

@Yippeuni   Thank you so much for this link and post. After I read the article, I realized that Lee Min Ho Oppa's name in the modern era is "Hoe Joon Jae" . So Choi Jung Woo, whose name in the drama is "Hoe Gil-Joong", is going to be Joon Jae's father in the modern time. 

Another awesome new piece of information I got from the article above is that "The two shortly form a close bond". So Joon Jae and mermaid are gonna fall in love soon. :D great!! :))) in most of the Kdramas, it takes 6-7 episodes for the leads to form love and good relationship. We can enjoy the romance between the two leads. MUTUAL love is what most Kdramas lack. I remember in "City Hunter", there was some sort of mutual liking. The female lead, Kim Nana, acknowledged her love and confessed. Yoon Sung also liked her in his own way from the beginning. 

*Fingers Crossed* for success of Legend of the blue sea :)))

PS   no matter how much I try to use my imagination as to how and where our leads meet for the first time, I still have no idea. That is fantastic right? What I LOVE about the concept of the drama is that although mermaid story is universally popular, this drama is unpredictable and not easy to guess how the story unfolds.i know that they may meet near water. But again I find it Not easy to guess. I am also looking forward to Oppa's first staring and dreamy eyes at the first sight of our GorGeous Mermaid. ^^

• Like 8

Thanks @nika94 for figuring out that Choi Jung Woo will play the father of modern day LMH.  i think LMH's character will be drawn to JJH in the Joseon era.  Once it switches to the current day, he'll have this feeling that they met before.  Maybe JJH's character will be intrigued by LMH, despite the latter being  a con artist.  Does anyone remember Leonardo di Caprio's movie Catch Me if you can with Tom Hanks?  Maybe LMH's character will be similar to di Caprio's.  

I hope we are treated with some photos in Palua.  I'm just dying to see how the main leads look together.  

• Like 8

@carolynH  :))

Great example! Yeah I remember "Catch me If You Can". Leo was a very charismatic and smart con artist. I never hated his character. I loved him, because he was smart , funny, playful and blatant. He was strong and never gave up hope. He had a very charismatically confidant side.Hopefully Lee Min Ho's character is gonna be blatant and playful. :))  I believe Oppa's character in "Heirs" was calm and controlled. In "Boys Over Flowers", his character was very sweet, playful and forward. I miss Oppa's playful and confidant side. As he is gonna play as a con artist, he should be very charismatic and smart. ^^ In different sources, I have read that he is a "cold-hearted con artist". So his character isn't a good boy. Remember Gu Jun Pyo?! In the drama, he was considered a bad boy but then we saw his character development and he brought out the best in himself. I fell in love with him veryyy soon in the beginning. Here again, it is said that he is "the wickedest con artist" (credit to Dramabeans). I think we are gonna see an amazing character development. Joon Jae may show his inner beautiful and sweet side only to our dear mermaid. Like How Gu Jun Pyo was all sweet and endearing only with Jandi.I don't why I keep mentioning BOF. But I just kinda had this in my mind. I maybe totally wrong.:D

• Like 6

Jun Ji Hyun And Lee Min Ho Start Filming On Upcoming Drama

1471599505572_99_20160819183904.jpg?type

Filming has officially begun on Jun Ji Hyun and Lee Min Ho’s comeback drama!

The two Hallyu stars are playing the leads in SBS’s “Legend of the Blue Sea,” written by Park Ji Eun and directed by Jin Hyuk. Filming began on August 19 in Goesan, Chungbuk.

Read More here:  http://www.soompi.com/2016/08/19/jun-ji-hyun-lee-min-ho-start-filming-upcoming-drama/

• Like 5

@nika94, this is the english article that was released by soompi which is pretty much the same as what you found in Naver. I tried google translate but most of the sentences were literally translated which didn't sound right but the main idea is there.. you just have to correct the grammatical errors.;)

Cr: Soompi

Filming has officially begun on Jun Ji Hyun and Lee Min Ho’s comeback drama!

The two Hallyu stars are playing the leads in SBS’s “Legend of the Blue Sea,” written by Park Ji Eun and directed by Jin Hyuk. Filming began on August 19 in Goesan, Chungbuk.

The drama also stars Moon So Ri, Lee Hee Joon, Shin Hye Sun, Shin Won Ho,Lee Ji Hoon, and Park Hae Soo.

After filming wraps in Chungbuk, the actors will be heading overseas to Palau and Spain in September.

“Today marks the beginning of the partnership between two talented and amazing actors like Jun Ji Hyun and Lee Min Ho,” the production staff stated. “Please look forward to their chemistry.”

“Legend of the Blue Sea” is scheduled to start airing sometime in November following “Incarnation of Envy.”

• Like 6

@hunter White  :))

Thank you for reading my post and answering. ^^

How come there is no script reading and pictures? Have they done the script reading secretly?:D

I think Park Ji Eun-Jin Hyeok team is very professional and careful about the shooting and the script. Although I love to see fan-taken pictures of the leads together and the locations, I think it is best the information is revealed by the interest of the director and writer for the sake of their success.

PS  I think on August 19 they may have filmed the Josen era scenes as the location is a province. :)) 

• Like 8

Thank you sweet @nika94 for all the updates.  

JJH Fans:  Is she active on instagram?  If she is, I'm hoping she may post some pictures.  LMH is not particularly active on SNS, so it is unlikely we will see any photos from him.  Hopefully some of his fans will take photos and share.

• Like 7