[Drama 2016/2017] The Legend of The Blue Sea 푸른 바다의 전설

ilwoo_aein

Sin Hye-seon to star in "The Legend of the Blue Sea" with Lee Min-ho and Jeon Ji-hyeon

photo752405.jpg

Actress Sin Hye-seon is starring in "The Legend of the Blue Sea".

The actress is starring in the new SBS drama "The Legend of the Blue Sea" with Jeon Ji-hyeon and Lee Min-ho.

"The Legend of the Blue Sea" is a fantasy drama based on the motive of a historical Korean storybook. Sin Hye-seon takes on the role of Cha Si-ah, Lee Min-ho's university junior.

Sin Hye-seon debuted with "School 2013" and starred in "The King of High School Manners", "Oh My Ghostess" and "She Was Pretty".

"The Legend of the Blue Sea" cast Sin Hye-seon because of her youthful image and performance.

"The Legend of the Blue Sea" will be released in November.

cr.Hancinema

• Like 9

Shin Hye-sun follows Five Kids with Legend of the Blue Sea

shinhyesun-1.jpg

We’ve got another addition to the SBS buzz project Legend of the Blue Sea, otherwise known as “That Jeon Ji-hyun and Lee Min-ho Show, Brought to You by the City Hunter Director and You From Another Star Writer.” Sold, sold, sold, and sold. I’m sure there’s a plot and everything, but there’s so much star power there that the hype is expected, inevitable, and perhaps even justified.

With mega-star headliners Jeon Ji-hyun and Lee Min-ho in place, casting is continuing on to supporting players, with Lee Hee-joon (Yoo-na’s Street) recently being added and now Shin Hye-sun as well. Shin had small supporting roles in Oh My Ghostess (as the hero’s sweet wheelchair-bound sister) and She Was Pretty (as a cute and materialistic magazine writer), but it’s really her current role in KBS’s weekend drama Five Kids that’s given her a surge of popularity, thanks to her crowd-pleaser of a romance with Sung Hoon.

Legend of the Blue Sea will be a fantasy romance that is inspired by a folktale of a mermaid who was caught by a fisherman and the governor who returned her to the sea. The drama will take elements of the original Joseon-era tale and set it in modern-day Korea, with Jeon Ji-hyun playing a mermaid who comes to the city, where she meets “the wickedest con artist around” (Lee Min-ho) and ends up falling in love with him. Hm, I knew he was a con artist, but the wickedest-on-earth descriptor is new and interesting — I’m used to seeing Lee Min-ho playing reserved or aloof, but I’m not used to con artist charisma or blatant charm from him. It’d be a nice change of pace, and I’m intrigued.

Lee Hee-joon is set to play another con artist who initially guides Lee Min-ho, while Shin Hye-sun will play Lee Min-ho’s university hoobae who’s now a researcher at KAIST (Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology). The character is pretty, smart, and logical, and displays a lot of affection for weak and powerless people and animals. Does that extend to people-animals like mermaids who steal away her sunbae’s heart?

Shin Hye-sun will start work on Legend of the Blue Sea immediately after wrapping up work on Five Kids. This will be a Wednesday-Thursday drama premiering in November, which follows Gong Hyo-jin and Jo Jung-seok’s Jealousy Incarnate, which follows Wanted.

Credit: Dramabeans, Javabeans

• Like 10

Hi dear all! :))

I hope you are doing good. I have a question.

As you know this drama is gonna be based on the story of "Eou Yadam". Does anyone have any information about this folktale?! I know it is about mermaid and a magistrate who release the mermaid back into sea. But does anyone know translated source? I tried to google but nothing special.

Tnx :))

• Like 4

Lee Min Ho at KCON 2016 in LA mentioned LOTBS

This is my first post in this thread. Nice to meet you all. Its already August, hope we will get more information about the serie soon. Very happy to know that this will be a modern serie. Looking forward to JJH fashion :D 
Can't wait for November also. I'm all excited since this is the comeback project of my goddess JJH. I'm extremly excited about their chemistry.

• Like 10

Moon Sori added to fantasy romance Legend of the Blue Sea

by chickachunga | August 8, 2016 | 1 Comment

MoonSori1.jpg

As if the Jeon Ji-hyun and Lee Min-ho vehicle were lacking in A-list wattage, acclaimed film actress Moon Sori will be taking a supporting role in Legend of the Blue Sea, joining Shin Hye-sun (Five Kids) and Lee Hee-joon (Yoo-na’s Street). Her role is described simply as that of a “rich wife of Daechi-dong,” an upscale neighborhood of Gangnam district.

This would be her first drama project in three years, and what a project to come back to! Moon had a small albeit unforgettable role in Park Chan-wook’s period drama-revenge thriller Agasshi, which captivated audiences at Cannes this year. Her last TV project was the 2013 MBC drama special Haneuljae’s Murder, but she hasn’t been in a full-length drama since 2008’s Golden Age of My Life.

The hype continues to mount for Legend of the Blue Sea written by My Love from Another Star scribe Park Ji-eun, with City Hunter PD Jin Hyuk signed on to direct. Based on a mermaid story from Korea’s earliest collection of folktales, but set in modern-day Korea, Jeon Ji-hyun will play the mermaid opposite Lee Min-ho’s con artist. Park had the two charismatic leads in mind while writing the story so here’s to hoping there’s more than enough fodder for amazing performances all around, on land and sea.

Legend of the Blue Sea will be a Wednesday-Thursday drama premiering in November on SBS, the follow-up to rom-com Jealousy Incarnate starring Gong Hyo-jin and Jo Jung-seok.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/08/moon-sori-added-to-fantasy-romance-legend-of-the-blue-sea/

• Like 7

Moon So-ri to star in "The Legend of the Blue Sea" as Daechi-dong madam

photo754795.jpg
 Moon So-ri is starring in "The Legend of the Blue Sea". Chungmuro's leading actress Moon So-ri is starring in the new SBS drama "The Legend of the Blue Sea" and she is expected to bring life to it.

"The Legend of the Blue Sea" is a fantasy romance drama based on Korea's first historical storybook ever. The casts are Jeon Ji-hyeon and Lee Min-ho, the scenario is written by Park Ji-eun and directed by Jin Hyeok.

Moon So-ri is coming back for the first time in 3 years and she takes on the role of Ahn Jin-joo, a Daechi-dong madam.

The production of "The Legend of the Blue Sea" is anticipating Moon So-ri's performance in the drama.

Meanwhile, "The Legend of the Blue Sea" will be released in November.

Source: Hancinema

• Like 5

Lee Ji-hoon as Lee Min-ho’s half-brother in Legend of the Blue Sea

lee-ji-hoon-(1988)-5.jpg

And the star-studded lineup continues with the addition of hot rising actor Lee Ji-hoon (Mirror of the Witch), who just confirmed his role in SBS’s fantasy-romance series Legend of the Blue Sea.

He is set to play Heo Chi-hyun, the half-brother to Lee Min-ho’s Heo Joon-jae; he’s the hardworking son who dutifully stayed by his father’s side after his brother Joon-jae left home. Described as being a “cold-hearted fellow,” Lee will hopefully shine in this role, as he has in his recent work.

Lee Ji-hoon made his drama debut in School 2013 with subsequent supporting roles in You’re the Best, Lee Soon Shin and Six Flying Dragons, among others. He most recently touched the hearts of viewers with his stirring portrayal of King Seonjo in JTBC’s Mirror of the Witch. His impressive range was on full display as a young monarch struggling to lead his country while fighting emotional and physical calamities.

Fantasy-romance drama Legend of the Blue Sea is writer Park Ji-eun’s hotly anticipated follow-up to her smash hit My Love from Another Star. It is based on an early Korean mermaid folktale about a fisherman — who actually existed in real life! — and the mermaid he sent back into the sea. Jeon Ji-hyun and Lee Min-ho are the main leads.

Is the amount of star power to your fancy yet?

Legend of the Blue Sea will premiere in November on SBS, right after Jealousy Incarnate.

Source: Dramabeans

• Like 6

Our sweet boy is gonna have a donseng right? :)) how cute! I think it is the first time that oppa is going to have a younger sibling. In "Heirs" Kim Tan is the one who loves his hyun and is kind-hearted. But his older brother doesn't show any affection. I guess in this drama, Hoe Joon Jae  and his donseng both may have some resentement toward each other. I am reallyyy looking forward to seeing this drama. Because LMH oppa role is Veryyy different than before. A con artist is awesome! :)) He must be smart, smooth talker and blatant. I hope oppa is going to have bangs down like City Hunter again :))) But I don't think hd is gonn have bangs on forehead. 

• Like 2

I wonder like@Kris Silva if they have started filming.  You'd think we'd have some photos of the actors and actresses entering SBS or whatever building for the script reading.  JJH fans, do you all have any news?  I would really like to see LMH and JJH together, not photos, but physically.

@nika94:  You like LMH with the City Hunter hair?  Of all his dramas, it's probably my least favorite hairstyle.  I even like GJP's hair better!  lol I digress. Originally, I was going to say definitely bangs up, because he is just so gorgeous that you can't help but fall for his charms.  But now that I think about it again,  he tends to look very boyish and innocent  with his bangs down, so he could con someone with that look too.  I guess it depends who he is trying to con.  

I hope we get more info about the drama soon, so we can really start getting excited about the drama.  

• Like 6

oooh they started filming yehey!... it means we will have more updates from now on ...since they already announced the airing date for this drama... can't wait for a new OTP to be born... in kdramaland... honestly I'm more excited to see the work of this writer than KSE of DOTS... and since it's a JJH drama I'm sure that it's a big production otherwise she wouldn't have accepted it...

• Like 3

And what everyone said is true, the casts line up are amazing.....I'm so looking forward for this LMH last small screen project before headed to the military.... This year dramas are amazing from beginning to end. and this drama surely will end this year perfectly...

Also annyeong to all my soompi friends in here....very nice to also meet all of you again in this thread :) 

• Like 2

Guest ororomunroe

Mod note:

Hi everyone. Thanks for all the updates. Just one issue, when posting articles from other sites, please ensure that you post the link as well. 

And many sites prefer that you post one paragraph along with a 'read more' tag. Please respect their rules.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me. 

Ororo