[Drama 2016/2017] The Legend of The Blue Sea 푸른 바다의 전설

ilwoo_aein

@Kris Silva :)) thank you thank you for this surprising and amazing news!! :))

How awesome it is that they are gonna go to Spain.  A fresh and nice change! Because usually Kdramas choose U.S. , France, or Thailand as foreign locations. But a Kdrama begining in Beautiful and gorgeous Spain?? Daeebaak! :))  Legend Of the Blue sea is gonna be the first Korean drama filmed in Spain right?! Correct me If I am wrong :))

I read in "Lee Min Ho Hong Kong Fans Club" in Facebook that Gianna Jun has been practicing a lot of swimming to fit for her role. I actually translated what was written and got it. The source was from starnews. 

https://m.facebook.com/leeminhohkpalace/?ref=content_filter

• Like 8

Lee Hee-joon to star in "The Legend of the Blue Sea" with Park Ji-eun

photo755248.jpg

Actor Lee Hee-joon is starring in "The Legend of the Blue Sea". This is his second time with writer Park Ji-eun.

"The Legend of the Blue Sea" is based on the motive of the first Korean historical storybook starringJeon Ji-hyeon, Lee Min-ho, Moon So-ri and Sin Hye-seon. The drama is written by Park Ji-eun and directed by Jin Hyeok. Lee Hee-joon's appearance in the drama is expected to bring about synergy to the already fancy cast.

Lee Hee-joon worked with Park Ji-eun in "My Husband Got a Family" and this time he's starring in "The Legend of the Blue Sea" as Jo Nam-doo.

Lee Hee-joon has impressed everyone with his performance until now. All of his characters had a little bit of his color and had made viewers laugh or cry.

"The Legend of the Blue Sea" will be released in November.

source: hancinema

• Like 12

8 hours ago, Kris Silva said:

Found this on twitter... Shooting to take place in Spain? We've heard Australia and Palau before. I guess we just have to wait and see where they will actually shoot.

13907071_10210406136779057_3448464525107

OMG! Thats really DAEBAK. Thanks a lot for this amazing good news. I live in Europe, so hope for more information soon! Would go to stalk them for sure!!! Was in Spain last year and the landscape are amazing. So now I really looking forward to LOTBS! 

• Like 10

Jun Ji Hyun And Lee Min Ho To Head Overseas To Film New Drama

Jun Ji Hyun and Lee Min Ho are headed to Palau and Spain for their upcoming drama!

On August 12, a source revealed, “The two of them are going to Palau and Spain for overseas filming of SBS’s new Wednesday-Thursday drama ‘Legend of the Blue Sea.'”

The source continued, “[They] will leave for Palau late August and go to Spain in September. Since the content of the drama involves exotic coasts and the title itself includes blue sea, they are leaving to film overseas.”

Considering the costs of filming overseas, it’s not overly common for dramas to do this. Producers of the upcoming drama appear to be taking great attention to detail from the content to the casting as well as the scenery.

... Read more here:

http://www.soompi.com/2016/08/11/jun-ji-hyun-lee-min-ho-head-overseas-film-new-drama/

13879313_1075738065852689_11074701854034

• Like 8

Lee Min Ho and Jun Ji Hyun to head overseas together for new drama 'Legend of the Blue Sea'

lee-min-ho,jun-ji-hyun

Lee Min Ho and Jun Ji Hyun are traveling overseas together for their new drama!

According to a drama associate on August 12, "The two are filming for the new SBS Wednesday-Thursday drama 'Legend of the Blue Sea' in Palau and Spain. They are visiting Palau at the end of August and Spain in September. The reason they are filming at an overseas location is to capture clear blue ocean just as it's stated in the drama title."

'Legend of the Blue Sea' is written by the same hit scriptwriter who wrote 'You Who Came From the Stars', 'Producer', and more. The director also took part in many hit dramas such as 'City Hunter' and 'Doctor Stranger'. 

The drama starring Lee Min Ho and Jun Ji Hyun will air in November. 

source: http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/08/lee-min-ho-and-jun-ji-hyun-to-head-overseas-together-for-new-drama-legend-of-the-blue-sea

• Like 9

Hi guys! :))

According to many sources in Lee Min Ho oppa's Facebook fanpages. Two more actors have been added to the cast. I couldn't find English translated source. Most of them are Chinese and Hong Kong sources. Sung Dong Il and Hwang Shin Hye join the cast. I really like Sung Dong Il acting. He has acted in all the "reply 1997", "reply 1988",.. 

I translated the Hong Kong article. It said Sung Dong Il plays the role of someone who catches mermaids. I think his role is kinda evil. 

https://m.facebook.com/leeminhohkpalace/?ref=content_filter

• Like 6

Mermaid-sellers and cast reunions lined up for Legend of the Blue Sea

by tineybeanie | August 12, 2016 | 2 Comments
NYH_HSH_SDI.jpg

Legend of the Blue Sea is the modern retelling of a Joseon classic fable about a mermaid caught by a fisherman, who was then saved and released back into the ocean. In the new drama, a mermaid struggling to adapt to human life in Seoul and a cynical con artist meet and fall in love. With the main cast now confirmed, the production team for the much-anticipated SBS fantasy romance drama is seriously getting down to business.

There’s been a flurry of casting, and it’s hard getting everything straight especially with so many talented names being thrown about. Of course, we have Lee Min-ho (Heirs) and Jeon Ji-hyun (You From Another Star) as our main leads. They have already headed to the Palau Archipelago to start filming their underwater scenes. 

[CONTINUE READING AT DRAMABEANS]

• Like 8

Oooohhhhhh Daebak! This is an All-star cast. All the more reason why we should all look forward to the last quarter of the year. I am definitely just one amongst the avid fans of JJH who really just can't wait to see this drama!:wub: Thanks Demarchelier for sharing. It wont be long and we'll soon see photos of them shooting. Geez.... I'm excited!!! :):):)

• Like 6

Lee Min Ho to play a double role for the first time in his new drama

lee-min-ho

More details on Lee Min Ho's role in his upcoming SBS drama 'Legend of the Blue Sea' have been revealed!

According to Sports DongA, Lee Min Ho will be playing his first ever double role in the new drama. One of his characters is named Kim Moo, son to a noble class family during the Chosen dynasty, while his other character Heo Joon Jae will be a genius scammer. As Heo Joon Jae, Lee Min Ho will be turning into a lawyer, doctor, businessman, and more to scam others. Lee Min Ho will also show off his comical side through each of these unique roles. 

Meanwhile, 'Legend of the Blue Sea' is a fantasy romance portraying the timeless love between Lee Min Ho and Jun Ji Hyun, who is a mermaid. The new drama is scheduled to air in November. 

source: allkpop

• Like 10

Okay, im super excited with supporting cast, especially Sung dong il ahjushi !!! :flushed: He suit to take a role as cute, funny and annoying character. :w00t:

Cheon song yi mom is back ! I think we wont have second lead syndrom for this drama, main couple was enough to stole my attention B)

I really love both main lead, they are super talented actor and actress, *their looks just another Plus point for this drama :wub: Cant wait !!!

i read about palau in one of my favorite book travelling, maybe they are shooting on the rock islands or blue corner, i read there is alot type of shark in palau, it should be called city of sharks. There is 1300 different type of fish species and have 700 coral species. There is 200 small island made from sea stone like labyrinth. sea water have different colors from blue, turqois, and dark blue. The islands looks so beautiful OMG ! If they stay for more than weeks, we might get to see alot beautiful view from palau islands.

MORE ABOUT PALAU ISLANDS

image_zpsxe0j50ht.jpeg?w=480&h=480&fit=c

swim with full of jellyfish in kakaban islands :w00t: (more on spoiler !)

Spoiler

image_zpsi3zydkx0.jpeg?w=480&h=480&fit=c

image_zpsypy4b08v.jpeg?w=480&h=480&fit=c

Beautiful blue holes in blue corner with lots of school of fish.

image_zpsrs0n2zc0.jpeg?w=480&h=480&fit=c

Clear sea water in the Rock islands

image_zpsxkja6joe.jpeg?w=480&h=480&fit=c

image_zpsgyw941m3.jpeg?w=480&h=480&fit=c

They said if you diving on this island, you will see school of fish arround you.

Since all team wont give us spoiler, thanks for made this thread move from page to another page ! :P 

@Kris Silva @Hunter White @nika94 @heart_jjh @ilwoo_aein@jazreen17 @minekas @messi10 @urkhan@Geolyvseven @joannabof @CarolynH

@Go Seung Ji And all fans of legend of the blue sea drama :P see you in november !!!

• Like 14

Lee Min Ho and Jeon Ji Hyun traveling to Palau and Spain for The Legend of the Blue Sea

by Nancy Z on Fri, Aug 12, 2016

a7073630-016f-40ac-b410-9d73767c1d38.jpg

Fabulous news for fans of Lee Min Ho and Jeon Ji Hyun! It's been confirmed that the two Hallyu stars will travel to exotic locations for filming their new drama The Legend of the Blue Sea. Find out more about why Palau and Spain are chosen, as well as other updates about the highly anticipated fantasy romance.

News came on August 12 that Lee Min Ho and Jeon Ji Hyun will be traveling first to Palau in late August, and then to Spain in September. 

Apparently the clear blue seas in Palau and Spain are the main reason for the overseas shooting. According to the source, "Since the content of the drama involves exotic coasts and the title itself includes blue sea, they are leaving to film overseas.”

Jeon Ji Hyun plays a mermaid who finds her way to Seoul, and Lee Min Ho plays a con artist who falls in love with the mermaid. (Wait, will the mermaid swim from Spain to Seoul?)

Before excited fans jump into the plane or a boat to get to Palau to check out on-location shooting, remember, the island nation in the Pacific Ocean has 250 islands.

9ba9d805-e98c-43e0-8a8f-e81c6993ca0d.jpg

Read more athttps://www.dramafever.com/news/lee-min-ho-and-jeon-ji-hyun-traveling-to-palau-and-spain-for-legend-of-the-blue-seas/

• Like 9

Wowwwww Just woowwwww, Oppa in a double role!!!!!!! And that too in the josean era!!!!!! I dont know, this drama already made me breathless by casting such legendary people. And now, this news...... let me just write my will before november comes.;)

Question: why didnt they do script reading and stuff before filming???? Not that i'm complaining but i thought it would be nice to see some pics of both of them. Nevermind, i can wait till they release the official poster. Afterall i have been waiting for him more than 2 years already!!!!!!!:sweatingbullets:

• Like 7

Lee Min Ho Takes On Double Role For First Time With New Drama

Lee Min Ho Takes On Double Role For First Time With New Drama

Fans can look forward to see a whole new side, actually two new sides, to Lee Min Ho with his upcoming role in SBS’s new drama “Legend of the Blue Sea” (tentative title).

The fantasy romance is centered around a motif from the mermaid/merman story in Korea’s first historical (romance) storybook. In the Joseon-era storybook, it is recorded that real-life figure Kim Dam Nyeong returned mermaids/mermen that were caught by fishermen back to the sea.

Thus Lee Min Ho will act as Kim Dam Nyeong’s son Kim Mu during the Joseon Dynasty and as genius con artist Heo Jun Jae in present day. Both of his characters will experience love with Jun Ji Hyun who will portray a mermaid.

More information has been revealed about his con artist character. Kim Mu is a genius who is able to transform into a variety of roles including a prosecutor, lawyer, doctor, businessman, and more. Fortunately, viewers will be able to see a comedic side to the character as well.

Read more at : http://www.soompi.com/2016/08/12/lee-min-ho-takes-double-role-first-time-new-drama/

• Like 7

@nika94 Hi...found this one...hope you like it.. :) 

Legend of the Blue Sea to Send Lee Min Ho and Jeon Ji Hyun to Palau and Spain for Overseas Filming

Posted on August 13, 2016 by ockoala

toro1.jpg

Since it’s a drama about mermaids, of course the location shoot will feature locales with impressive ocean and shoreline vistas. Filming is about to commence for upcoming SBS Wed-Thurs drama Legend of the Blue Sea by sending leads Jeon Ji Hyun and Lee Min Ho jetting off at the end of August. Lee Min Ho is no stranger to overseas filming for dramas, his last hit drama Heirs required him to film in Los Angeles and its environs for a month long shoot to grab enough footage for multiple episodes, while movie actress Jeon Ji Hyun has filmed all over the world but her last drama You From Another Star did not have an overseas location shoot. This time Legend of the Blue Sea will fly Lee Min Ho and Jeon Ji Hyun first to Palau in the Western Pacific Ocean, and thereafter in September the two will head to Spain. Lucky drama fans in those countries can keep your eyes and ears peeled to see them.

Read more at : http://koalasplayground.com/2016/08/13/legend-of-the-blue-sea-to-send-lee-min-ho-and-jeon-ji-hyun-to-palau-and-spain-for-overseas-filming/

• Like 7

Lee Min-ho will play dual roles in 'The Legend of the Blue Sea'

photo756037.jpg

Lee Min-ho will play dual roles in 'The Legend of the Blue Sea'.

On August 13th, Lee Min-ho's agency MYM Entertainment told Xports News, "It is true that Lee Min-ho will play dual roles in 'The Legend of the Blue Sea'".

The agency also said, "He will play a son from a noble family as well as a genius fraudster in Joseon. Test filming is in progress currently and filming in full scale will begin soon".

"The Legend of the Blue Sea" is a fantasy romance drama based on Korea's first historical storybook ever. The drama being headlined by Ji-hyeon and Lee Min-ho is highly anticipated. "The Legend of the Blue Sea" is slated for November this year.

source: hancinema

• Like 6

Bae Suzy's beau Lee Min-Ho reveals why he chose to star in SBS's 'Legend Of The Blue Sea'; Drama adds new characters, Major details revealed

Maolen E. | Aug 12, 2016 06:27 AM EDT

Korean actor Lee Min-Ho attends a press conference for a commercial event on September 11, 2014 in Taipei, Taiwan.

Lee Min Ho is proving to be one of the most sought-after faces in the film industry. In addition to his recent Korean-Chinese "Bounty Hunters" film, the 29-year-old actor will make his small-screen comeback in SBS's upcoming fantasy-romance drama, "Legend of the Blue Sea," alongside actress Jun Ji-Hyun.

Read more: http://en.yibada.com/articles/150857/20160812/bae-suzy-lee-min-ho-legend-blue-sea-jun-ji-hyun.htm#ixzz4HMlXX2lj

• Like 7

http://www.soompi.com/2016/08/14/cross-genes-shin-lee-hee-joon-join-cast-lee-min-hos-upcoming-drama/

Cross Gene’s Shin And Lee Hee Joon Join Cast Of Lee Min Ho’s Upcoming Drama 

Cross Gene’s Shin And Lee Hee Joon Join Cast Of Lee Min Ho’s Upcoming Drama

According to reports, “Legend of the Blue Sea” (unofficial title), starring Jun Ji Hyun and Lee Min Ho, has confirmed two more actors for the cast: Lee Hee Joon and Cross Gene’s Shin.

A report by OSEN states that Shin will be playing the role of a genius hacker named Tae Oh, while Lee Hee Joon plays an important supporting character that’s close to Lee Min Ho.

“Legend of the Blue Sea” is written by Park Ji Eun, the writer of “My Love From the Star,” and is a fantasy romance that takes the motif of the mermaid story from Korea’s first historical storybook.

• Like 11