[Drama 2016/2017] The Legend of The Blue Sea 푸른 바다의 전설

ilwoo_aein

New Informations on LOTBS on Hancinema

Upcoming Korean drama "The Legend of the Blue Sea"

photo728840.jpg

Added the upcoming Korean drama "The Legend of the Blue Sea"'s page to HanCinema database

"The Legend of the Blue Sea" (2016)

Directed by Jin Hyeok

Written by Park Ji-eun

Network : SBS

With Jeon Ji-hyeon, Lee Min-ho,...

Wed, Thu 22:00
Synopsis
'The Legend of the Blue Sea' is a fantasy romance drama that borrowed motifs from a mermaid story found in a book called 'Eaou Yadam', a collection of folk tales. According to the folk tale, Kim Dam-ryung, a magistrate in Hyupgok, released a mermaid caught by a fisherman back to the sea. The drama will tell the story about the magistrate and the mermaid.

Broadcast starting date in Korea : 2016/11

http://www.hancinema.net/upcoming-korean-drama-the-legend-of-the-blue-sea-95229.html

• Like 7

More beautiful fan-art for "The Legend of The Blue Sea" :heart:

I love this fan-art poster..I will put this in the first post while waiting for the official one ^_^

CkWpqhaUkAAIi88.jpg

I really hope that LBS will be like TWCFTS. Not only set in Joseon/Shilla period but also set in modern days.

• Like 9

On 6/2/2016 at 10:06 PM, ilwoo_aein said:

Beautiful fan-art for LoBS poster :heart:

@ilwoo_aein Yeah that's a nice one.

Gosh, this thread is full beautiful digital fan art.. if you go to previous pages... you'll see. Fans are so creative. Meanwhile the only thing I'm creative is copy and paste. Ha ha.

I want this modern day drama. Is this  gonna be that?  I've only seen only one LMH drama ( not even full 16 episodes)  and that is Personal Taste? I like how he looks there... clean cut and wearing glasses.  I hope he changes the color of his hair back to  black. Ha. I know I'm too mundane. Ha.

Any other news of cast for this drama?

• Like 5

Kim Woo-bin, Lee Min-ho, Gong Yoo and Kim Rae-won, the F4

photo733035.jpg

Those with broad shoulders are coming back with dramas this year. They are Kim Woo-bin, Kim Rae-won, Gong Yoo and Lee Min-ho. They are handsome, over 185.5 CM in height and have smooth voices. Let's not forget their broad shoulders which look comfy to relax in.

photo733031.jpg

- Lee Min-ho, the pretty boy with broad shoulders

Lee Min-ho earned the nickname "Pretty Boy" thanks to "Boys over Flowers". This is the first time in 3 years he's coming back with a drama; it's titled "The Legend of the Blue Sea" which is written by Park Ji-eun who has made Kim Soo-hyeon-I a Hallyu star with "My Love from the Star".

skipped unrelated

http://www.hancinema.net/kim-woo-bin-lee-min-ho-gong-yoo-and-kim-rae-won-the-f4-95425.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

• Like 7

The first time I saw LMH I knew at that exact point that I have seen someone special. I really wasen't into Asian dramas or Films because I wasen't into that region at all before I saw lmh and he changed everything about my personal opinion upside and down. I'm hoping that this will be his farwell drama and want him to transition into big budget western franchiese movies. It really makes sense having a superstar like him on these shows because it's all about selling tickets and there is no other rational thing about it with alot entertainment. I always felt like thats more like lmh's world. So I hope that he makes the best out of his 2-yrs enlistment and learn english because thats the only thing standing between him and the world. everybody would want to have Lee Minho in their movies and films. I hope to see him on the other side after his enlistment is over cuz his more wanted there then anywhere else. There is also more money in these movies.

I think his career haven't reached episode 4 if you consider 20-episodes while the talent, charisma, and potential is there.   

• Like 5

1 hour ago, urkhan said:

The first time I saw LMH I knew at that exact point that I have seen someone special. I really wasen't into Asian dramas or Films because I wasen't into that region at all before I saw lmh and he changed everything about my personal opinion upside and down. I'm hoping that this will be his farwell drama and want him to transition into big budget western franchiese movies. It really makes sense having a superstar like him on these shows because it's all about selling tickets and there is no other rational thing about it with alot entertainment. I always felt like thats more like lmh's world. So I hope that he makes the best out of his 2-yrs enlistment and learn english because thats the only thing standing between him and the world. everybody would want to have Lee Minho in their movies and films. I hope to see him on the other side after his enlistment is over cuz his more wanted there then anywhere else. There is also more money in these movies.

I think his career haven't reached episode 4 if you consider 20-episodes while the talent, charisma, and potential is there.   

I would really love that and felt like maybe he should have persuade that post-city hunter he was getting alot of love calls and just change direction and focus more on learning the langauge rather then staying on for more years. I still want him to go try it out

• Like 2

@ilwoo_aein- thank you so much for starting this thread! If it wasn't for you I wouldn't have even known that LMH and JJH are going to star in this drama!

Everything about this drama is exciting and worth waiting for - both actors whom I love (they already look so beautiful together!), the writer whose work I am familiar with and enjoyed and the Director who directed LMH so brilliantly in City Hunter!!  I will try not to have too many expectations but I know myself well enough to know that I will be counting the months until the show starts.

And it's so good that both LMH and JJH are experienced actors and I am sure they will be able to deliver an amazing TV show for us and support each other during filming. It will be a first drama for JJH since her baby and the last drama for LMH before his army duty. The story of the Little Mermaid (not the Disney version but the original story by Hans Christian Andersen) had a profound effect on me when I was a little girl because of its tragic ending so I am really curious how they will tackle this version.  

I understand the show will premiere in November - well my birthday is in November and I cannot think of a better birthday present lol :D

• Like 4

15 hours ago, moniw18 said:

@ilwoo_aein- thank you so much for starting this thread! If it wasn't for you I wouldn't have even known that LMH and JJH are going to star in this drama!

Everything about this drama is exciting and worth waiting for - both actors whom I love (they already look so beautiful together!), the writer whose work I am familiar with and enjoyed and the Director who directed LMH so brilliantly in City Hunter!!  I will try not to have too many expectations but I know myself well enough to know that I will be counting the months until the show starts.

And it's so good that both LMH and JJH are experienced actors and I am sure they will be able to deliver an amazing TV show for us and support each other during filming. It will be a first drama for JJH since her baby and the last drama for LMH before his army duty. The story of the Little Mermaid (not the Disney version but the original story by Hans Christian Andersen) had a profound effect on me when I was a little girl because of its tragic ending so I am really curious how they will tackle this version.  

I understand the show will premiere in November - well my birthday is in November and I cannot think of a better birthday present lol :D

@moniw18 hello chingu! Glad to see your post. Thank you for visiting this thread ;) Yes everything about this drama is beautiful. The casts, the writer and PD-nim are known for their great works. I can't wait to watch this drama. I already included this drama in my "must-watch-drama list" for the latter half of 2016 following "Cinderella and Four Knights" and "Hwarang: The Beginning" :D 

On 9/6/2016 at 1:29 AM, jongski said:

@ilwoo_aein Yeah that's a nice one.

Gosh, this thread is full beautiful digital fan art.. if you go to previous pages... you'll see. Fans are so creative. Meanwhile the only thing I'm creative is copy and paste. Ha ha.

I want this modern day drama. Is this  gonna be that?  I've only seen only one LMH drama ( not even full 16 episodes)  and that is Personal Taste? I like how he looks there... clean cut and wearing glasses.  I hope he changes the color of his hair back to  black. Ha. I know I'm too mundane. Ha.

Any other news of cast for this drama?

@jongski yeah couldn't agree with you more. Fans are so creative. It shows that fans are looking forward to see this drama. Just like you, I really want to see MH with the same hair cut and black hair color just like in "Personal Taste". He looks cool and handsome there.

"Legend of the Blue Sea" visual couple :wub:

Cj2xAAGUYAI0ZUL.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Mainstream media.

CELEBRITIES , TELEVISION /  JUN 13, 2016

LEE MIN HO, JUN JI HYUN CONFIRM TEAM UP FOR ‘LEGEND OF THE BLUE SEA’

Lee-Min-Ho-750x481.png?9ccfa2

Actors Lee Min Ho and Jun Ji Hyun recently confirm that they will be starring in a new drama together, Legend of the Blue Sea. The production company, Culture Depot, also confirms its airing time, as well as the broadcasting station.

After several months of speculations, fans are delighted to know that the upcoming drama will be air on SBS on Wednesdays and Thursdays. Its premier will be on November, and is set to replace Incarnation of Envy.

Writer Park Ji Eun’s features a fantasy romance between a mermaid and a fisherman. The story is inspired by the mermaid/merman story in Korea’s historical storybook, the Joseon-era. He was also the same writer behind the hit drama My Love From My Star. Legend of the Blue Sea will be directed by Jin Hyuk. Jin Hyuk had already worked with Lee Min Hoo for the City Hunter.

In a report, Soompi states that according to the production company, the characters are specifically created by the writer for Lee Min Ho and Jun Ji Hyun. Park Ji Eun thinks they will make a good tandem, and the actors trust the writer and director completely. Culture Depot excites fans with their chemistry which could go beyond the imagination.

Earlier reports claim that Jun Ji Hyin plans to go back to acting after her maternity leave. She gave birth to a baby boy on February. Her upcoming drama, even before it was confirmed, was predicted to be a huge hit.

Drama Fever had initially published that Lee Min Ho was considering Park Ji Eun’s story, and his agency revealed that they give high priority to the script. Fans have been waiting for him to star in a new drama, and as for his fans, they will continue to support the “Heirs” actor no matter who his leading lady is.

http://www.movienewsguide.com/lee-min-ho-jun-ji-hyun-confirm-legend-of-the-blue-sea/226860

• Like 6

I just finished watching blood, sassy girl and rewatched il-mare. I think this couple are good fit. she seems to be confident and carefree I like it which matches well with LMH. Her emotions are also very good. She is actully a very good actress and not just hype 

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Geolyvseven said:

I just finished watching blood, sassy girl and rewatched il-mare. I think this couple are good fit. she seems to be confident and carefree I like it which matches well with LMH. Her emotions are also very good. She is actully a very good actress and not just hype 

I think since sassy girl movie, Jun ji hyun stop aging lol. She looks fresh and young there. If you compare her with other actress at that times. she looks the most beauty, and stylish in years 1999-2000 :D (except song hye kyo, she was born as pretty girl just like jun ji hyun) :D 

im really happy when i heard news about LMH and JJH in new drama ❤️ Both actor are famous and talented ! This pairing already settle 15% rating for ep 1 lol. (Maybe more) 

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, bebe1989 said:

I think since sassy girl movie, Jun ji hyun stop aging lol. She looks fresh and young there. If you compare her with other actress at that times. she looks the most beauty, and stylish in years 1999-2000 :D (except song hye kyo, she was born as pretty girl just like jun ji hyun) :D 

im really happy when i heard news about LMH and JJH in new drama ❤️ Both actor are famous and talented ! This pairing already settle 15% rating for ep 1 lol. (Maybe more) 

I think it's genetic she obviously ages very well and looks much younger then her true age. She is very beautiful and suits lmh as his love-interest.  I think she could play high-school drama even now. she is blessed with genes

• Like 8

Target premiere in November.  I'll be checking out the drama for.....light hearted pleasantness.  And holiday feeling. Magical Mystery Mermaid Modern romance. I mean I'm not expecting critics love (though if it turns out to be just that..then that's even better). I wonder who's going to be added to the cast.

How it's gonna be. Should be. Back to black.

Ck5CGauVEAAMEMt.jpg

cr: as tagged

This look.

Spoiler

Cg-PgnNUYAEf4wx.jpg

• Like 3

@jongski

I don't think that is going to be modern day or perhaps new infos came out that I'm not aware off. Critics? Idk how critics rate in sk and they mostly go for life related tv-shows rather then anything else. misaeng and stuff like that which hardly interest viewers in general. 

• Like 5