[Drama 2016/2017] The Legend of The Blue Sea 푸른 바다의 전설

ilwoo_aein

9 minutes ago, bathilda said:

Hello!!! What's the height of lee min ho? Im a fan of JJh btw, me too cant believe that jjh will be back soon on tv esp now that she's a mother... she's kinda known for taking long breaks ahhahah.... 

LMH is 6'2 I believe 

I'm also shocked that JJH is coming back to TV so soon......the script must have been really awesome! 

• Like 4

Any actual synopsis out yet? 

16 minutes ago, gangurhar said:

LMH is 6'2 I believe 

I'm also shocked that JJH is coming back to TV so soon......the script must have been really awesome! 

It would have been nice to get some quick look on that script. HC andersen mixed with korean folklore. I think I read someone say in our thread that there will be some underwater filming?

• Like 4

Today many Hong Kong Newspapers reported about Lee Min Ho and Jun Ji-hyun starring together in upcoming drama“ Legend of the Blue Sea.”

13315772_1323919427637066_2132982951563713315425_1323921254303550_35834814678022

Spoiler

13327616_1323919334303742_68580613389471

Research and scanned by Lee Min Ho 1st Hong Kong Fans Club

@ilwoo_aein   thanks chingu for starting this lovely thread:heart:

• Like 16

Lee Min-ho
Actor
Lee Min-ho is a South Korean actor, singer and model. Lee first gained widespread fame with Boys Over Flowers as Gu Jun-pyo in 2009.Wikipedia

BornJune 22, 1987 (age 28), Heukseok-dong, Gwangju, South Korea
Height1.87 m

Jun Ji-hyun
Actress
Jun Ji-hyun, also known as Gianna Jun, is a South Korean actress. She is best known for her role as "The Girl" in the romantic comedy My Sassy Girl, one of the highest-grossing Korean comedies of all time.Wikipedia

BornOctober 30, 1981 (age 34), Seoul, South Korea
Height1.73 m
SpouseChoi Joon-hyuk (m. 2012)

quoting post from LMH thread by @willenette

Jeon Ji-hyeon and Lee Min-ho's income? Several millions

Jun Ji Hyun And Lee Min Ho Finally Officially Confirmed For “My Love From The Star” Writer’s New SBS Drama

Everyone wants to know Jeon Ji-hyeon and Lee Min-ho's income.

In the recent tvN show "List of Names", a list of stars at the glory of their careers were listed.

Jeon Ji-hyeon came in third. She became an Asian star after playing the role of Cheon Song-ee in the 2014 drama "My Love from the Star".

Thanks to her new earned popularity, Jeon Ji-hyeon featured in 25 ads that year. She was getting 20 billion won in just advertisements alone.

Lee Min-ho caught up quickly with top stars in the Chinese region.

Lee Min-ho made about 1.4 billion won in Taiwan for his 'massage chair' ad and it turns out it was the most anyone has ever been paid for an ad.

Meanwhile, the two have been cast for the drama "The Legend of the Blue Sea".

Sourcewww.segye.com/content... : 

Translation : Hancinema

• Like 10

"The Little Mermaid" (DanishDen lille havfrue) is a fairy tale by the Danish author Hans Christian Andersen about a youngmermaid willing to give up her life in the sea and her identity as a mermaid to gain a human soul.

The tale was first published in 1837, and has been adapted to various media, including musical theatre and an animated film.

The Little Mermaid dwells in an underwater kingdom with her father (the sea king or Mer-King), her dowager grandmother, and her five older sisters, each of whom had been born one year apart. When a mermaid turns fifteen, she is permitted to swim to the surface for the first time to glimpse the world above, and when the sisters become old enough, each of them visits the upper world one at a time every year. As each returns, the Little Mermaid listens longingly to their various descriptions of the world inhabited by human beings.

When the Little Mermaid's turn comes, she rises up to the surface, watches a birthday celebration being held on a ship in honor of a handsome prince, and falls in love with him from a safe distance. A violent storm hits, and the Little Mermaid saves the prince from drowning. She delivers him unconscious to the shore near a temple. Here, she waits until a young woman from the temple and her friends find him. To her dismay, the prince never sees the Little Mermaid or even realizes that it was she who had originally saved his life.

The Little Mermaid becomes melancholy and asks her grandmother if humans can live forever. The grandmother explains that humans have a much shorter lifespan than mermaids' 300 years, but that when mermaids die, they turn to sea foam and cease to exist, while humans have an eternal soul that lives on in heaven. The Little Mermaid, longing for the prince and an eternal soul, visits the Sea Witch in a dangerous part of the ocean. The witch willingly helps her by selling her a potion that gives her legs in exchange for her tongue and beautiful voice and warns that once she becomes a human, she will never be able to return to the sea. Consuming the potion will make her feel as if a sword is being passed through her body, yet when she recovers, she will have two human legs and will be able to dance like no human has ever danced before. However, she will constantly feel as if she is walking on sharp knives. In addition, she will obtain a soul only if she wins the love of the prince and marries him, for then a part of his soul will flow into her. Otherwise, at dawn on the first day after he marries someone else, the Little Mermaid will die with a broken heart and dissolve into sea foam upon the waves.

After she agrees to the arrangement, the Little Mermaid swims to the surface near the palace of the prince and drinks the potion. She is found by the prince, who is mesmerized by her beauty and grace, even though she is considered by everyone in the kingdom as dumb and mute. Most of all, he likes to see her dance, and she dances for him despite suffering excruciating pain with every step. Soon, the Little Mermaid becomes the prince's favorite companion and accompanies him on many of his outings. When the prince's parents encourage their son to marry the neighboring princess in an arranged marriage, the prince tells the Little Mermaid he will not because he does not love the princess. He goes on to say he can only love the young woman from the temple, who he believes rescued him. It turns out that the princess from the neighboring kingdom is the temple girl. The prince declares his love for her, and the royal wedding is announced at once.

The prince and princess celebrate on a wedding ship, and the Little Mermaid's heart breaks. She thinks of all that she has sacrificed and of all the pain she has endured. She despairs, thinking of the death that awaits her, but before dawn, her sisters rise out of the water and bring her a knife that the Sea Witch has given them in exchange for their long, beautiful hair. If the Little Mermaid kills the prince and lets his blood drip on her feet, she will become a mermaid once more, all her suffering will end, and she will live out her full life in the ocean with her family.

However, the Little Mermaid cannot bring herself to kill the sleeping prince lying with his new bride, and she throws the knife and herself off the ship into the water just as dawn breaks. Her body dissolves into foam, but instead of ceasing to exist, she feels the warm sun and discovers that she has turned into a luminous and ethereal earthbound spirit, a daughter of the air. As the Little Mermaid ascends into the atmosphere, she is greeted by other daughters who tell her she has become like them because she strove with all her heart to obtain an immortal soul. Because of her selflessness, she will be given the chance to earn her own soul by doing good deeds to mankind for 300 years and will one day rise up into the Kingdom of God.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Little_Mermaid

• Like 12

Actor Lee Min-ho to return with upcoming drama

Actor Lee Min-ho on Monday posted a picture on social media to announce his return to the silver screen.

In the picture, he is wearing a red jacket over a white shirt. Under the photo, he wrote with a hashtag that his new Korean drama is coming soon.

Lee Min-ho (MYM Entertainment)

On Monday, it was announced that Lee’s next project is TV drama “The Legend of the Blue Sea” with actress Jun Ji-hyun. The drama is penned by star writer Park Ji-eun, who was also behind the dramas “My Love from the Star” and “The Producers.”

The project marks Jun’s return to the silver screen after taking a hiatus to have a child, as well as Lee’s return after three years.

“The Legend of the Blue Sea” is loosely based on Hans Christian Andersen’s fairy tale “The Little Mermaid” and is slated to air in November.

By Ahn Sung-mi (sahn@heraldcorp.com)

• Like 11

Wahhhhh. That only took forever for them to confirm. I almost had no hope that LMH will do a drama before his mandatory military service. Anyways better late than never.;)

There is no way this drama could go wrong. Everything is spot on. I can already sense a out of the world chemistry from LMH and JJH. C'mon guys its LMH we are talking about, when does he ever not have a chemistry with his co star??

Looking forward to the casting of second leads and other supporting characters.:)

• Like 5

WOOHOO! IT MADE NEWS IN ONE OF HOLLYWOOD'S PREEMINENT TRADE PUBLICATIONS...VARIETY

Gianna Jun and Lee Min-ho to Star in Korean TV Series ‘Blue Sea’

jun-and-lee.jpg?crop=0px%2C0px%2C866px%2

Korean super stars Gianna Jun (“Assassination”) and Lee Min-ho (“Bounty Hunters”) will appear together in new Korean TV series, “The Legend of the Blue Sea.”

The drama will mark a return to the small screen for both Jun and Lee after a hiatus of three years for both idols. The show, which will air on SBS from November, has strong chances of expanding the Asian and, increasingly, global success of Korean TV dramas.

Directed by Jin Hyuk, who previously made Lee-starring “City Hunter,” the new series will be written by Park Ji-eun, the scriptwriter of 2013 pan-Asian megahit “My Love from the Star,” in which Jun played the female lead. According to the production company, Culture Depot, “Blue Sea” is a fantasy romance drama based on a mermaid story from Korea’s first collection of unofficial historical tales.

Jun’s “My Love” and Lee’s previous TV work “The Heirs” were both huge hits in China. Despite “Blue Sea” still being at pre-production stage, it is already receiving enormous attention from Chinese video platforms. Rumors – denied by Culture Depot — suggest that a Chinese video streaming service platform had offered to bid $500,000 per episode. That would be almost double the price paid by iQiyi for this year’s megahit, KBS’s “Descendants of the Sun.”

“The scriptwriter has thought Jun and Lee would be the perfect combination from the very beginning, and designed the characters for them. The actors also trusted the writer and the director so much that they confirmed their participation immediately,“ said Culture Depot in a statement.

source: VARIETY

• Like 13

Excitement at its peak... Both Lee Min Ho & Jun Ji Hyun coming back after three years and that to together, the best news ever :wub: I can't wait to see what magic they both create onscreen. One thing I don't want this show to have is a typical love triangle, just because love triangles are a killjoy.

November is far away but, that won't stop me from making fan arts :P

CjyvoU0XIAAYbXt.jpg:large

• Like 12

Lee Min Ho and Jeon Ji Hyun confirm new fantasy romance drama Legend of the Blue Sea

27931b9d-b338-4a3f-b92b-45caaf0c7558.jpg

It's official! You're not dreaming. Hallyu stars Lee Min Ho and Jeon Ji Hyun are confirmed to star in a new drama that is inspired by a Korean folk legend. The drama is written by the writer of My Love From Another Star. Fans of the two stars can finally sigh with relief and gear up for excitement. Find out more!

Legend of the Blue Sea will probably be one of the most anticipated new dramas in recent years. Lee Min Ho's fans have waited three years for him to return, since his last drama series Heirs. Although the movie Gangnam Blues was released in 2015, and his new movie Bounty Hunters will premier on July 1, most of his devoted fans came to know him through his popular romance dramas such as Boys Over Flowers and Personal Taste, and they've been asking for a new TV drama for too long. Jeon Ji Hyun has been devoted to motherhood and post-birth care after giving birth in February. The beautiful actress is now finally ready for her new project.

But another person who has also been waiting most patiently is writer Park Ji Eun, who has written the story with our leading couple in mind. According to Culture Depot, the production company, “From the beginning stages, writer Park Ji Eun created characters matching Jeon Ji Hyun and Lee Min Ho, thinking of them as the best couple. The lead actors also decided to work on the drama because they believe in the writer and the director. You can look forward to their chemistry, which will be beyond one’s imagination.”

Complete details of the roles and the story are not released yet. What we do know is that the story is inspired by a Korean legend about a Joseon-era fisherman who caught a mermaid and released her back to sea. Is this a historical drama or a contemporary romance? Is Jeon Ji Hyun playing the mermaid? She would look lovely with a tail! Or maybe it's the tall and handsome Lee Min Ho playing a merman from the blue sea in a modern twist?! Imagination can really run wild here.

Lee Min Ho previously promised that he will definitely star in a new drama this year, and he will be fulfilling that promise. The actor certainly understands the impatience experienced by his fans. Along with the official confirmation on May 30, he posted a new (steamy) photo to Instagram with these tags: #koreadrama #comingsoon #leeminho:

72f51ddf-7040-465a-aeff-59dedf46ec1f.png

The new drama is slated to air in November, and will be directed by Jin Hyuk, who directed Lee Min Ho in thriller City Hunter. The broadcasting rights in China have already been sold, reportedly for half a million dollars each episode, smashing the record just set by mega-hit Descendants of the Sun!

November can't come soon enough. I can't wait to see the new drama!! Can you?

https://www.dramafever.com/es/news/lee-min-ho-and-jeon-ji-hyun-confirm-new-fantasy-romance-drama-legend-of-the-blue-sea/

Nancy Z en Mar., May 31, 2016

• Like 11