[Drama 2016] Doctors 닥터스

Rin90

@jadecloud Thanks for translating the BTS. There are no Japanese subs for the BTS either, so you're the only one translating it to English right now, haha. Thanks again. :)

BTW, I'm not sure if you saw this already, but this is another angle from the BTS that is not in there (it's on instagram).

http://www.instagram.com/p/BHgKPTBgNNhLW7FMJ37u7qZcZTw3yC8ffiV41Y0/

• Like 16

3 hours ago, Raquel Bastian said:

I have not seen any hint that JH would like to lead their hospital.. i dunno if that is good or bad. 

3 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

Because he doesn't see the problem. He knows that SW's grandfather is a close friend to his own father hence he doesn't expect any dirty tricks from SW's grandfather. He doesn't expect any betrayal. Moreover, he doesn't think the fight between his father's vision and the vision of SW's father. 

I think JH knows of the power struggle between his father, DS and Sw Grandfather and now MH but he choose to stay out of it. Like he said in ep 1 when TH asked JH to come back to the hospital and help his father because there's  power restructure in place. His reply was that he just wasnt interested that it's normal for power restructuring to take place and he just wants to live a simple life.

Spoiler

cd1b96ac771509fd7945af72ea749cde.png

2c54d6b67304c61276ca56567eccf3b5.png

7823dd12dd77c82bd532936a4d01f730.png

10f4612918aa0dc7d9949c22c2e9e0ab.png

cfcddf38d44ebb117dc2b1f000bfafec.png

8793e0034c4ba41e27a6d33c1e1fd050.png

df6088c34d2b88d9a0b858cf841cc1dc.png

f8d93501559a4967c9d4e6246409ec5d.png

fafa7ccfc45ab2aeffeaeb39f4fbc23e.png

Furthermore in ep 4 when JH father took him to see a vacant land to tell him his dream of building a organ transplant JH didnt seem that interested. That when their conversation became more deeper JH quickly changed the topic and asked his father to have dinner with him just to get his mind off the hospital politics.

Spoiler

890b931edd722143354a6fcc7e725d00.png

3765c7118e6ceed16134047ad803091b.png

8eae143053416ee02bf11b1f7742128a.png

876cf97150868451b47916b358e89877.png

9ddd4ce3bcb3fc56b34a8fc8e5429590.png

3f0ad3639c39706e822ce3ee2eec3cfc.png

fa237e16e44307c5f51e7dffee4ce837.png7bc7b6e0be7a0bd0d668ea02a27d372b.png

2 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I don't see HJH leading the hospital in the end. I think after all the power fight, the one eventually leading as the new Director would be Chief Neurologist. However, I am really not interested at all in these hospital politics. I hope the writer will keep it to minimal as deemed necessary for character growth, which I hope will be the focus of the drama.

So I agree here with @ktcjdrama that JH wont lead the hospital and perhaps his friend who is now the Vice President KTH will. 

OTP scenes is a MUST esp when our OTP is PSH and KRW whom is slaying their chemistry, I also love the hospital politics (I cant believe I just said that too) It just might give a bigger depth for HJH character. I hope through this that we may see a stronger HJH. His carefree personality is beautiful and all but on the other hand I wont mind seeing him all powerful to stand up to both MH and SW grandfather especially to help those whom he treasures most - his father and of course HJ. WAH WEEE... KRW I mean JH will look so much hotter dont you think?crazy-monkey-emoticon-003.gif?1292792378 oh wait that might be his role in Punch minus the manipulative persona :P

PS- sorry for all the screencaps I kinda got lazy in trying to write their dialogues :D

OOMMO my dearest sista @jadecloud you did it... you subbed the wrestling scene crazy-monkey-emoticon-054.gif?1292792393 OK off I go watching it and going GAGA. crazy-monkey-emoticon-039.gif?1292792389

Edited by Kasmic
Name confusion
  • Like 18

Park Shin Hye's growth as an actress

hj1.jpg

hj2.jpg

hj3.jpg

hj4.jpg

hj5.jpg

hj6.jpg

hj7.jpg

hj8.jpg

tv Report - Naver: Hang Jung Seo --> Go Mi Nam --> Yoo Hye Jung, how Park Shin Hye has grown in 13 years 

1. [+7,716, -172] She looked real pretty in the rain scene

2. [+6,731, -155] She's grown into a respected woman. I'm watching 'Doctors' and she's so pretty. Mature + elegant, exactly like a 27-year old woman

3. [+5,735, -154] Her weight loss made her face tinier

4. [+5,296, -137] Park Shin Hye's also good at choosing dramas that fit her age

5. [+4,503, -185] The hope of actresses in their 20s... She's the only actress in her 20s who's good at acting while also naturally pretty

6. [+715, -31] An actress like her is very rare. Good personality and pretty too

7. [+689, -26] I haven't forgotten Park Shin Hye in 'Stairway to Heaven'. I was surprised that she was so pretty and even more surprised at her good acting... She's getting prettier and her acting keeps getting better, her crying scene blew me away. She plays her characters very well, that's why her dramas are always fun~

8. [+632, -21] Her acting has been good since she was young.. I still remember that scene of her being repeatedly slapped by Lee Hwi Hyang. Hard to believe she was only in middle school at that time

Source:http://kkuljaem.blogspot.com/2016/07/park-shin-hyes-growth-as-actress.html

-----------------------------------------------

[Video] Added Korean drama 'Doctors' episode 6

2016/07/05

photo743761.jpg

Added episode 6 for the Korean drama "Doctors"

Watch on DramaFever...More

• Like 22

Guest Agie

I guess we will have "the kiss" in boxing scene if Hye Jung didn't move her head.  Look at Ji Hong lips....poor Ji Hong ....LOL

261D2A4B577C8D5923EAA9

credit to cheese box twitter

Ooooh So Chul will appear again in next episode

CmwJ4exUkAAo5yI.jpg

credit pic to the owner

58 minutes ago, Kasmic said:

I think JH knows of the power struggle between his father, DS and now MH but he choose to stay out of it. Like he said in ep 1 when TH asked JH to come back to the hospital and help his father because there's  power restructure in place. His reply was that he just wasnt interested that it's normal for power restructuring to take place and he just wants to live a simple life.

Reveal hidden contents

Furthermore in ep 4 when JH father took him to see a vacant land to tell him his dream of building a organ transplant JH didnt seem that interested. That when their conversation became more deeper JH quickly changed the topic and asked his father to have dinner with him just to get his mind off the hospital politics.

Reveal hidden contents

So I agree here with @ktcjdrama that JH wont lead the hospital and perhaps his friend who is now the Vice President KTH will. 

OTP scenes is a MUST esp when our OTP is PSH and KRW whom is slaying their chemistry, I also love the hospital politics (I cant believe I just said that too) It just might give a bigger depth for HJH character. I hope through this that we may see a stronger HJH. His carefree personality is beautiful and all but on the other hand I wont mind seeing him all powerful to stand up to both MH and DS especially to help those whom he treasures most - his father and of course HJ. WAH WEEE... KRW I mean JH will look so much hotter dont you think?crazy-monkey-emoticon-003.gif?1292792378 oh wait that might be his role in Punch minus the manipulative persona :P

PS- sorry for all the screencaps I kinda got lazy in trying to write their dialogues :D

OOMMO my dearest sista @jadecloud you did it... you subbed the wrestling scene crazy-monkey-emoticon-054.gif?1292792393 OK off I go watching it and going GAGA. crazy-monkey-emoticon-039.gif?1292792389

Thanks for correcting me. Well, he knows but in my opinion, he hasn't understood what all this implies. He said, it was like in the States and he thought, it was okay. But it is well known that surgery costs much more in the USA than in Europe. The drama is already showing the consequences:

- the doctors are considered as workers like in a factory so that they are in the end overworked (here the doctors from the neurology had their vacations cut off)

- doing surgeries that are not necessary but it is good for the hospital (that's why General surgery had made so much profit!)

- increasing the cost for surgeries so that only rich people can afford it

Like I had mentioned it before, I've always considered him too passive in the past. He was always avoiding conflicts and he is still doing it in that matter. Yet I believe, he will learn to fight from HJ. I am hoping that he will fight not because he has to protect HJ but because he realises what his father has been doing all the time. I would like him to save his father's legacy.

Doo Sik is so different from JMJ and his family. He wants his son to be happy and won't pressure him. He also doesn't care whom JH wants to marry. He noticed that JH was acting differently when he was talking on the phone with HJ. He never asked him anything about her. his only comment was: she must be pretty. Doo Sik just wants him to have a family on his own.

In reality, JMJ is managing the hospital like a businessman because deep down, he knows that he is not a good surgeon and doctor. Maybe he didn't make the correct diagnosis to the halmoni. When she was for the first time in his room, he also received a call from his father. Each time he met the halmoni, he received a call. 

• Like 18

15 hours ago, Nodame said:

-YD is aware and I love how he and Tae Ho snuff down on Seo Woo as well as HJH tell her you really have it OUT for HJ. Compared to HJ who doesn't deem to talk at ALL about SW, she freely talks about her and cuts her down. I like how they all know about her insecurity and fear of competition. I loved how SW was like-I didn't want to shock but she was a gangster and got expelled. Notice that SW was aghast when YD was like---yeah she told me HERSELF! Of course she is a good person, she has nothing to hide and is full upfront about it.

-YD attempt for conversation when HJ was standing waiting for HJH, he was a smidgeon jealous. Trying to do small talk, he expected her to talk and ask questions, her expression and "why?" was priceless. He realizes she is not one to easily get to know and but is honest, hard working and forthright. Values are good and takes cares of those around her in her way. How he let KS get a meal hearing HJ was doing the task he was supposed to do for boss. He is totally eating what he said he would not be CURIOUS or ask questions about her from episode 1. Yup eating his words indeed.

-Even when HJ asked him to see the MRI and he refused to take her step mom's case--she let him be not telling him who it was and he gave her an earful on policy and it was not right to do that foisting a patient just because. I think he saw and had new found respect hearing from OTHERS that it was her messy and not nice step mom. He felt sympathy for her but also she did not PLAY the relative card or how her step mom was horrible to her. So he knew she was not one to whine and try to get her way for currying favor. I think he found that refreshing from SW. So when he agreed to take the step mom on , it definitely was a step towards HJ. Gosh that look of excitement to go to the investigators to talk after the deal with BIG BOSS and the knife welding strangers--I thought it cute he made sure to insert---HJH already talked to the investigators. LOL!

-I like that HJ step sis seems kind. She saw through her own mom realizing who HJ is and I am sure she knows how harsh her mom's tongue is. I feel she was embarrassed for her mom and her and sorry towards HJ after her rant-I won't let you treat me. To only later take back her words---oh you get a hospital discount? I need to be treated here then not anywhere else. UGGGH hideous mom. I liked how we saw grandma back again and trying to heal her heart that no parent hates their child. If HJ looks inside herself, she was misbehaved and expelled and constantly fighting. He was at his wits end and brought her to his mom's place. Plus his wife and HJ  stepmom was not nice and horrible. So for his home harmony he had to give up HJ.

-When HJ gives the plan to welcome him and set up for a bribe, she is true to herself being upfront and honest. I thought HJH was taking the moving forward and letting go too much. He should know more than anything how much grandmother meant to HJ. But glad he got guilty conscience and asked his dad for help when ironically he COULD not access the info. It spoke volumes when he gave the info to HJ saying he had a copy and would have an expert and do research on the paperwork to get to the bottom of everything so HJ could breathe easily and more freely to know what happened.

@Nodame Oh! I SO SO LOVE your comments! Yes, SW definitely feels threatened by HJ. For now it seems like HJ is far more capable and talented than she is. Just that look on her face when HJ successfully completed that super complicated surgery is enough to tell everyone how threatened she feels. Or when she so easily dismissed HJ and JH's first surgery as impossible only to have them prove her wrong. She's feeling insecure and her words and actions are starting to show to others how malicious her words can be. I too like that KTH and YD were astute enough to point out her insecurities. Both men are able to see the difference between SW's image of HJ and HJ herself. HJ has always been true to herself.

I don't know how HJ's stepsister is going to play out, but I can see that she's unlike her mother and genuinely took the step to make first contact with HJ. I don't know if she ever got to know what happened between HJ and her parents but I hope she'll be able to understand how HJ feels. As the plot says that she's the bridge to connecting HJ back with her family, I hope she'll help HJ recover or at least reach an understanding with their father.

I too was speechless when JH couldn't access the file. I was like, what the what?? But it does build the intrigue though, like why is HJ's grandmother's file such a high level security? What was so bad that even a chairman's son can't access the file? If it is a case of malpractice, would it have required that many levels of security? Intriguing.. Intriguing.. My head's bursting from trying to play Sherlock Holmes. Do you think JH would be kind enough to treat my head? ;) 

JH is definitely not shy about his approach with HJ. I like that he's able to separate professional from personal such that it doesn't hinder their working relationship. And because of that HJ is able to be more open towards him. She still shys away from close contact every time YD steps too close to her (reference to after the difficult surgery, when he stepped close to her, you could see her moving back slightly). JH lets her know in a matter-of-fact manner so as to prepare her. I think he's already written his curriculum and has begun to teach her "The Guide to L.O.V.E. 101". Can't wait for more lessons to come! Kekeke :P

• Like 19

19 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

Thanks for correcting me. Well, he knows but in my opinion, he hasn't understood what all this implies. He said, it was like in the States and he thought, it was okay. But it is well known that surgery costs much more in the USA than in Europe. The drama is already showing the consequences:

- the doctors are considered as workers like in a factory so that they are in the end overworked (here the doctors from the neurology had their vacations cut off)

- doing surgeries that are not necessary but it is good for the hospital (that's why General surgery had made so much profit!)

- increasing the cost for surgeries so that only rich people can afford it

Like I had mentioned it before, I've always considered him too passive in the past. He was always avoiding conflicts and he is still doing it in that matter. Yet I believe, he will learn to fight from HJ. I am hoping that he will fight not because he has to protect HJ but because he realises what his father has been doing all the time. I would like him to save his father's legacy.

Doo Sik is so different from JMJ and his family. He wants his son to be happy and won't pressure him. He also doesn't care whom JH wants to marry. He noticed that JH was acting differently when he was talking on the phone with HJ. He never asked him anything about her. his only comment was: she must be pretty. Doo Sik just wants him to have a family on his own.

In reality, JMJ is managing the hospital like a businessman because deep down, he knows that he is not a good surgeon and doctor. Maybe he didn't make the correct diagnosis to the halmoni. When she was for the first time in his room, he also received a call from his father. Each time he met the halmoni, he received a call. 

Ahhhhh...  @bebebisous33... you're here. ( just browsing and saw your post )  As usual great insights from you. :heart:Anything medical smacks of malpractices as with lawyers, chaebols and so on. I always have a thing for Kim Rae Won ( he's so manly especially in the romance department and earthy ) but that's a loooong time ago. Should I be here too ?  

• Like 10

12 minutes ago, lavender2love said:

Ahhhhh...  @bebebisous33... you're here. ( just browsing and saw your post )  As usual great insights from you. :heart:Anything medical smacks of malpractices as with lawyers, chaebols and so on. I always have a thing for Kim Rae Won ( he's so manly especially in the romance department and earthy ) but that's a loooong time ago. Should I be here too ?  

Sure, you should be here. :) I love this drama!! I don't know how many times I watched the episodes 4-6!!

• Like 12

1 minute ago, Raquel Bastian said:

Still no preview? Huhu :dissapointed_relieved:

Usually, it is released on friday! But one thing is sure: There will be a party for HJ at Sooni Hawaii! Because KS mentioned it in the episode 6 and I guess, some of the past will be revealed.

• Like 19

3 minutes ago, Raquel Bastian said:

Still no preview? Huhu :dissapointed_relieved:

Usually it's released on Friday. Probably have to wait til tomorrow! Anyway this week passes very fast for me. I have mon-tues with doctors and I wil have weds-thurs with UC. Fully occupied my nights :) 

i hope they will do a collection of BTS Dvd for this show since its 20 episodes ;) 

• Like 15

5 hours ago, liz-danielle said:

Did anyone ever thought what will be JH's second question (demand a "Yes" no matter what)? :grimace:

First question was "dating"... so the second question is......????? :flushed:

Hopefully his second question will be:

MARRY ME! :P

• Like 13

I will like to thanks all the chingus who have created / posted GIFs... because for me , more than the scenes the slow motion GF's reveal more about the characters ... especially the subtle things which i am embarassed i miss out a lot and which actually makes drama viewing more special....

So chingus... please keep posting your gorgeous GIFs , Pics , videos etc... many thanks in advance

• Like 14

The KISS...the more I rewatch.... becomes more awesome each time.... the way PSY looks so tiny... frail and delicate in KRW's hands.....and the way the two faces are connected looks way too sensual... the more i see.... there is something heart fluttering in the way KRW holds her delicately like holding a small baby as if he is scared she will crumble in his hold and the way he kisses her gently but firmly and also not quickly withdrawing from it.... but living in that moment with her for a while.... absorbing the feelings that were washing over him like waves in a Ocean..... its Beautiful.... its Tender... its Adoring and at the same time its Passionate....

• Like 19