[Drama 2016] Doctors 닥터스

Rin90

My dear friend @nonski, hello and thanks for the shout out, how are you? *Hugs* I was pretty sure you'll be all over AOHY! Lol. I can see @jadecloud is in the house and other familiar posters, hello gorgeous people! *waves*

I'm sure most of you have discussed, in length, your thoughts on Hye Jung and Ji Hong. So I'll just give you a few of my impressions.

Hye Jung has major abandonment issues, therefore she also has trust issues, her instincts are all directed at self preservation. I get her. What's remarkable about Hye Jung is that she experienced a period of enlightenment. A chance to get out of the box and view her life objectively - she didn't like what she saw. Her decision to change for the better, which I believe was in itself a remarkable feat for someone like her, was influenced in whole by her admiration for Ji Hong and the intense love she felt for her grandmother. Those very same emotions drove her to pursue medicine and of course to understand what happened to her beloved grandmother. 

Ji Hong's story is still cast in shadows. Except for our knowledge of his adoption, his period of self-exile due to a medical error and the circumstances pertaining to his biological parent's death, we are still to discover what really makes him tick. For instance, if it were not for that helicopter swoop in convo, I wouldn't even think that he actually liked HJ as a man. During the scandal which wrapped them and his subsequent resignation, he actually liked her as a woman and he had to get out before things got more complicated.

Honestly, if he liked her that way, he knew she just lost her grandmother, that she was going to set herself adrift again and would join unsavory people again. Wouldn't it be best if he watched over her from afar? Maybe he did, maybe he was guiding her invisibly. We don't now that yet. It's just kinda strange, this barrage of sudden interest he's showing her which is bent on teaching HJ the ways between a man and a woman. Hye Jung obviously likes him, but she still needs to distinguish if it's still part of hero worship or love for him as a man right? We do have a lot of episodes to explore this thing between them. Hehe

Yoon Do's slow realization of liking HJ is also entertaining to watch, cute. YD is a stick in the mud and as stuffy as he can get. It's refreshing to see someone like him fall for someone like HJ. His facial reactions and failed attempts at appearing cool in front of her all culminated in to that one instance when he could have played knight to her damsel in distress, but of course, the opposite happened. So his extreme embarrassment was understandable. Lol. He will probably redeem himself in her eyes when he agreed to take on her stepmother's case.

I know Seo Woo isn't very popular, especially after the scandal she created back then. She will forever be competing with HJ because she underestimated her. SW is self absorbed, stubborn and naive. She may be immature but somehow, she's not malicious. I liked her interaction with that female patient because we saw her humanity. SW is really a sweet girl influenced by her dysfunctional parents. She may go all bad and would make obstacles for our couple (I think that's a given) but in the end I'd like her to be friends with HJ. They were once good friends anyway. 

Doctors may be a bit light on plot, but the characterizations are awesome. From the medical standpoint, it's obvious they've had medical supervision on the cases they're handling. They have also depicted the true hierarchy among doctors in training at a medical center. They showed us the usual pecking order from residents - fellows - consultants - department heads. I presume Yoon Do is the chief fellow, therefore HJ should properly acknowledge him. Also, I believe it was right for SW to call JH when HJ decided to operate on that patient with an aneurysm, the location is technically difficult. YD, being the chief fellow, shouldn't have played with the life of that patient by allowing a co-fellow be the lead surgeon on that case on a mere bet. That's simply wrong on all levels. Also, when a consultant tells the fellow to stand down, she should have given the lead to the consultant. HJ may have been confident she could do it, but in the end, she should always think of saving the patient's life and she should acknowledge her limitations.  

• Like 23

For me Jealousy is like salt/seasoning... as salt/seasoning enhances the flavor of the dishes.... a little bit jealousy enhances the feelings in love... or should i say it brings out the feelings more strongly..... I especially loved how irritated JH got when the YJ's uncle flirted with HJ.... he was all flustered and shooing away his friend.... it was a funny yet menaingful scene for me.... not to mention JH's jealousy and sarcasm in his tone of voice whenever he mentions SC(Biker boy-Ji Soo)... am very interested to see how he will handle YJ and SC chasing after the love of his life...HJ.. expecting firecrackers and sparks of Jealousy flying everywhere..

• Like 18

Wow this thread is moving so fast :) i just wish Monday would also come as fast as well hehehe

I had just watched the subbed 1st script reading vid and it seems that that back then they already have the script all the way to episode 3 (SW's restaurant ahjumma was reading her lines). Also, in that vid, there was a young Ji Hong who seems to have gotten bullied in her teen years too (the one where KRW accidentally read the young ji hong lines and there happens to be an actor present for that role). So that kinda explains why he doesnt like violence...but I wonder though if that flashback will ever be shown or was it part of the first episodes but were cut?

For Lim Je Yeon cameo...hmmm I was thinking maybe someone from YD's past? I had thought it might be for JH but isnt it that since HS he has been close friends with IJ? And while he was in the US, it didnt seem that he might have had someone else, IJ already implied that he couldn't accept her bc it had always been HJ for him. I can't imagine him not going to IJ and instead with another woman while he was in the US. Hope it's not one of the kdrana cliches though where she is the daughter of some wealthy family who will be put in a fixed marriage with JH to prevent SW's dad from taking over the hospital.

• Like 13

I might cringe if HJ starts calling JH OPPA anytime soon... but I would definitely love to see  her calling YJ OPPA even if in humor and most definitely would like to see YJ and JH reaction to that..... probably YJ's heart would become a cloud and float in the sky and JH's heart will become fuel and combust in flames by itself....:P

• Like 11

Two things I really don't understand, Seo Woo is already a doctor, she must know that death happens in a hospital, also she of all people should know that a doctor shouldn't get too close to a patient, so just why did she need the resident with glasses to remind her of that ? Is it maybe because she thought the restaurant owner is now in better health and therefore her death was not a possibility ? Speaking of which, is there a doctor in this thread ? Can you please explain to me how did restaurant lady have a heart attack ? 

• Like 8

YHJ & 6 Knight (are they knight? or puppies??)

Untitled-6.jpg

Untitled-5.jpg

44 minutes ago, 12blbl said:

Will Injo resurface again? If she did, i hope she will change her perspective and treated HJ better, since what she said previously to HJ is quite mean.

i think she will appear again, but gonna be as salty as SW. and if injo resurface again, and see HJ in the hospital it gonna be huge punch on her face. The fact that she know JH only have an eyes for HJ and since HJ already prove her self (so they won't have any barrier anymore if they wanna be together) will be make injo explode from jealousy.  

16 minutes ago, amadeus said:

Hello Everyone.. Wow. I have to read a lot of interesting insights here.  Happy to read it all.

crazy-monkey-emoticon-028.gif?1292792386 welcome welcome.. this place is one of the best place to hangout... happy reading and be careful to the pervert crazy-monkey-emoticon-053.gif?1292792392

• Like 24

5 hours ago, jadecloud said:

Wow! Sooooo many pages flew by again... how can I ever catch up or back up? LOL. Am happy this Doctors drama is moving so many hearts and hands...

Here's the BTS I've just completed subbing... [MAKING] JiHye OTP Wresting in Boxing Gym with Love (Episode 4)

JiHye OTP & their Explosive Chemie.... ! I think they're each other's very best partner todate. :heart: Poor KRW being thrown around a couple of times. Must have really hurt his back. PSH whoa this gentle lady, she's really strong. Look at how she is able to fling KRW around LOLOL... Girl POWER! You go girl! KRW is also very gentlemanly and oppa-ly to PSH, fanning her, letting her rest on his shoulder, always smiling, jovial and very FUNNY/Humorous. And PSH is truly amazing in this scene. Her strength and sportiness amaze me, also sweet girl has her aegyo moments too...LOL. I doubt KRW will be able to resist her aegyo LOL.

Love this MAKING video. OTP fought really well. So SURREAL! My TOP #2 FAVE OTP Moment :) so far. Applause for KRW, PSH and PD-nim+production crew. JJANG! (and @Kasmic I know. hehe... you know I love you too? hehe zPcGEew.gif )

5mDTjdY.jpg  

5mDTjdY.jpg

CR: SBS/PAN Entertainment/Xref PSH Baidu Bar

Patients, ENJOY!:wub: So many awesome insights that I wanna respond to but can't. Well, not yet. Gotta sleep. Goodnight Patients. Update away :P 

Reveal hidden contents

OHHHH MYYYY GAAWWWDDDD, thank you sooo much for subbing this BTS zPcGEew.gif *hug you and KRW-ssi* LOL

• Like 10

1 hour ago, jadecloud said:

Wow! Sooooo many pages flew by again... how can I ever catch up or back up? LOL. Am happy this Doctors drama is moving so many hearts and hands...

Here's the BTS I've just completed subbing... [MAKING] JiHye OTP Wresting in Boxing Gym with Love (Episode 4)

JiHye OTP & their Explosive Chemie....

Thank you so much for your willing to translate that cutiepie bts vid for us, but i cant open the link, or i guess i just dont know how to? Seem everyone is okay, but why am i not :bawling:

• Like 8

Hahaha perverts. I love how we all openly admit it. I have a confession to make - I'm guilty of that lately too :lol:

For me, I'd love at some point in time, for HJ to fight for JH confidently too. It'd be fun to see that happen. Along the lines of AOHY. Haha but that's just me.

Hoping we'll get a tiny smth tmr to satiate our desires for the weekend! 

• Like 9

6 hours ago, liz-danielle said:

Did anyone ever thought what will be JH's second question (demand a "Yes" no matter what)? :grimace:

First question was "dating"... so the second question is......????? :flushed:

My hope for the second question is JH saying lets give love & us a chance.  With so many male characters in our view and hers as well who have all been moved one way the other by HJ.  And also with so much still ahead it would lead you to believe a love triangle or so could happen.  Of course SW will most likely continue to mess with HJ until something or someone gives her a high kick and changes her heart.  Which for some reason I'm hoping for.  I'm not sure why but my mind keeps wondering that it won't be another Man that will be the problem but HJ herself.  We all knew & know how JH feels it's written all over him and he is a pro at sharing it through his actions even his Dad knows HJ is in his heart after just once hearing him talk on the phone.

I for one believe HJ was given two things when JH walked into her life.  Inspiration, that by believing in herself she not only could be better through hard work but that she could be the best. Also an introduction to love, love takes many forms at first JH was a stranger messing in her life.  Later he was a teacher at first she must have thought just another adult reminding her of her failures.  It didn't take long for HJ to realize JH was much more than that.  Watching & finding out JH was a doctor seeing him quickly doing everything to save someone.  For her must have been like seeing Clark Kent enter a phone booth and coming out looking like SUPERMAN!  She was beside herself and with a child wrapped around her neck she was given a dream...

Even more she was captured by JH she admired him wanted to know & even be like him.  It's like JH planted the seed of love within her.  She may not have understood everything but she could feel kindness, caring, someone listening, encouraging, friendship, even laughter.  A person who shed some light  & hope into her dark world.  I'm sure of one thing JH took the chains of everyone else saying your worthless except her Grandmother who was her only source of love off of HJ and set her free!!  Allowing her to know no matter what others may say, you can be & do anything if only you yourself believe...

The day that JH ran as fast as he could but in the end didn't grab onto HJ.  And earlier HJ answering with a lie because JH seemed out of her reach believing she wasn't good enough and kept walking.  Was the moment I knew JH was in her heart too...  When I think about this moment it wasn't two people who didn't love each other that stopped them.  It was others and the worlds thinking that did.  NO matter about age or teacher & student and yes it's out of the box even for me but never the less it's what it is.  With tears running down her face, and JH in pain from not holding her back I may not have wanted to believe it but two hearts were left there at that very moment...

When your told your bad, worthless, hopeless, you killed your grandmother just by being near you,  you will never be on JH's level.  Not to mention being deserted and beat on until you believe it too!  These are the scars that didn't stop HJ from fulfilling her dreams of being a doctor.  But I think we all know that those scars didn't disappear with time and I am afraid the episodes ahead will show their damage...:tears:

Just completed EP 6 with subs - another great building episode -- my take Aways from EP 6

HJ -- 
-- Is starting to open up to JH - could a twist be coming in EP 7-rejects kiss??? To slow down/push away JH and thoughts of romance??????
-- Stepmother still mean and degrading to HJ in her futile efforts to tear/break HJ spirit.
-- Half sister- not much background - but I am liking her--with a mother like hers she still comes across as a nice person-shows she has and has been able to maintain her caring personality --The very opposite of what we see with SW and her mothers influence.
-- Wow -HJ really has an impact on the men around her - already has two of them -JH YD- ready and willing to break the hospital rules to help her.  We know she also has a positive impact on other men around her -- so I will have to accept that prior to what we now see --in the past her Walls/study focus was so high no man noticed or tried to get close to her, --because Based on what I see now, HJ should have had men lined up around the block wanting to be with her in university and her past hospital.

JH --
-- He is trying so hard to show HJ how much he cares for her- can not help but root for his success - he is taking a very slow open approach to break down HJs self imposed defensive wall- hug and kiss both with prior warning that this is a man women moment-he truly understands HJ.

YD--
-- His running away from HJ with his collar turned up and their conversation that followed - adds to what I saw in EP 5 and my YD overview post- the writer is making it  very clear that under his cold outward appearance - is a child like, very sweet caring man - could be competition for JH, but not yet,  will have to see how writer moves forward. 

SW--
-- Writer is showing her soft vulnerable side - so I think she will move further towards the dark side in future episodes, but will never cross over to outright evil - will reach a crisis where she realizes this not who she wants to be and then we will see her growth to be a better person 

SH--
-- Always a pleasure to see her- sweet, caring, open, positive outlook on life - just the person who could in the past and now get through HJs defensive wall- I think without her friendship, HJs life would be too dark.
-- We discovered her older brother is a Seoul Prosecutor, 2nd oldest brother is a very successful business man - I think they will both be important in the later episodes as the Hospital take over and Grandmothers death reach the crisis point.
-- SH Love Connection - this will be the break we need when the HJ JH story reaches the dark episodes
--- SH had met 3 of the doctors in training - one will be her love connection--
------ CHS - AKA the puppy - Could be a Noona romance connection - I do not think drama will go this way beyond a slight misdirection possibility
------ PYK- SW friend/one sided SW Love -- Could be another case of SW losing a friend story - but do not see him as SH love connection
------KKJ- Glasses, senior doctor in training- the great Kdrama trope of two people who dislike each other at first- but then continue to meet and grow to like each other - this is my bet for the SH Love connection.

Continue to look forward to each episode- enjoying this wonderful drama.

• Like 21

20 minutes ago, USAFarmgirl said:

My hope for the second question is JH saying lets give love & us a chance.  With so many male characters in our view and hers as well who have all been moved one way the other by HJ.  And also with so much still ahead it would lead you to believe a love triangle or so could happen.  Of course SW will most likely continue to mess with HJ until something or someone gives her a high kick and changes her heart.  Which for some reason I'm hoping for.  I'm not sure why but my mind keeps wondering that it won't be another Man that will be the problem but HJ herself.  We all knew & know how JH feels it's written all over him and he is a pro at sharing it through his actions even his Dad knows HJ is in his heart after just once hearing him talk on the phone.

I for one believe HJ was given two things when JH walked into her life.  Inspiration, that by believing in herself she not only could be better through hard work but that she could be the best. Also an introduction to love, love takes many forms at first JH was a stranger messing in her life.  Later he was a teacher at first she must have thought just another adult reminding her of her failures.  It didn't take long for HJ to realize JH was much more than that.  Watching & finding out JH was a doctor seeing him quickly doing everything to save someone.  For her must have been like seeing Clark Kent enter a phone booth and coming out looking like SUPERMAN!  She was beside herself and with a child wrapped around her neck she was given a dream...

Even more she was captured by JH she admired him wanted to know & even be like him.  It's like JH planted the seed of love within her.  She may not have understood everything but she could feel kindness, caring, someone listening, encouraging, friendship, even laughter.  A person who shed some light  & hope into her dark world.  I'm sure of one thing JH took the chains of everyone else saying your worthless except her Grandmother who was her only source of love off of HJ and set her free!!  Allowing her to know no matter what others may say, you can be & do anything if only you yourself believe...

The day that JH ran as fast as he could but in the end didn't grab onto HJ.  And earlier HJ answering with a lie because JH seemed out of her reach believing she wasn't good enough and kept walking.  Was the moment I knew JH was in her heart too...  When I think about this moment it wasn't two people who didn't love each other that stopped them.  It was others and the worlds thinking that did.  NO matter about age or teacher & student and yes it's out of the box even for me but never the less it's what it is.  With tears running down her face, and JH in pain from not holding her back I may not have wanted to believe it but two hearts were left there at that very moment...

When your told your bad, worthless, hopeless, you killed your grandmother just by being near you,  you will never be on JH's level.  Not to mention being deserted and beat on until you believe it too!  These are the scars that didn't stop HJ from fulfilling her dreams of being a doctor.  But I think we all know that those scars didn't disappear with time and I am afraid the episodes ahead will show their damage...:tears:

it's forgiveness.... forgiveness herself... forgiveness those who hurt her before... 

• Like 10