[Drama 2016] Doctors 닥터스

Rin90

2 hours ago, thao_2512 said:

Tbh Shinhye can kiss if the role asked her to... And if the directors want to show it... ( with a good leading-gentle partner of course)

This is her 1st on screen and off screen kiss for Goong S when she was 17

This is the collection of  kisses in Pinocchio from Dcut. The PD didn't include all because he was afraid it affect rating ( like parents don't want their children to watch)

Most of her roles until now required the kiss to be innocent 1st kiss...  Heirs's was a mess because the PD didn't inform her about the kiss... So she shouldn't be the one to get blamed 

@thao_2512, Oh my God... the kissing scenes between Shin Hye and LJS soo intense. #suddenlyfeelinghothere

Who's not gonna fall in love if kiss by LJS like that. And LJS keep smiling after the kiss. So sweet. Awwwww... :wub:  

But I hope Doctors Director can give more space for our OTP HJ/JH kiss like a crazy passionate 31 something & 40 years old couple falling in love so madly. Yessss.... we need that kiss, after the epic wrestling scenes they show us.

Don't make a joke here, all of us waiting that kiss scenes. kakakakaka.... :w00t:

• Like 14

1 hour ago, stewiefg said:

This is perhaps a bit off topic, but I must say I am somewhat puzzled and also curious as to why there seems to be a lot of emphasis and discussion on kiss scenes for korean drama forums. But I do not see similar degree of detailed analysis of kisses (I have read in some forums that people even claim they re-watch the scenes in slow-motion to study the kiss in detail etc. Haha..) when I read forums or blogs where people discuss Hollywood or European dramas or films... Can someone please enlighten me? :)

I think it's an asian thingy, I don't know about in Korea but in my country public display of affection is not common. And it is still taboo for movie and drama in my country to show a mouth-to-mouth kiss. Perhaps it is also the case in Korea. Whereas in the western, kiss is like common and not a huge deal.

So when something taboo is being shown bluntly, the excitement is heightened. In the previous year kdrama always show a passive kiss where two people put their lips together without a single movement. But then as the drama evolved the kiss became steamy and at first people were surprised but now it became a benchmark whether a drama is good or not.

Also, this is my personal opinion. The reason I'm drawn to kdrama in oppose to hollywood is because of its one season type of show, so I don't have to spend 5 season watching something without any ending. The other is because I think kdrama tug my heartstring in a way that hollywood show could not do. Maybe it's the similarity of the culture since I'm also asian, but kdrama often gives story and scene that emotionally touching whether it's funny, sad, heartwarming, scary. It stirred something in my heart.

So when the story is about love between two people and they build up the tension prior to the confession in a good way, and make me root for the OTP but the awaited kiss that supposed to be the seal of the tension is less the exciting, somehow it kinda lessen the whole enjoyment. Though for me it's not really matter but I do think there's a bit of influence there.

And as for Shin Hye's past kiss scene, it's so funny that even people labeled her as bad kisser. I mean come on, if the PD did not like the kiss scene, it wouldn't even been aired. If she was a bad kisser and PD did not satisfied with her work, she wouldn't have been a hallyu star that she is right now. Again, now that she is acting as a 30 year old woman, I hope she can go all out and show em how it's done. (But wait, does Hye Jung ever in a relationship? I see her as a tomboy gangster, but did she fool around during teenage? Could it be she's having an innocent 1st kiss in her thirties. Good God, I hope not!) :P

I do hope one of the kiss scene is done in the boxing ring though, kinda mirroring where they are now and after the confession. Ji Hong has to work hard to breakdown her wall, but when it breaks, I hope it explode. :tounge_wink:

@Justiffa Lzz aw yess... Kmovie can be steamy and very rated. It's the difference between movie and drama. People need to buy tickets and the go to the movie to watch whereas drama especially in national broadcasting station, is very accessible to everybody including children. Hence it's very tight in terms of censorship. But I think, it's more open nowadays.

• Like 18

50 minutes ago, stewiefg said:

Yes, I don't understand why SH gets so much stick for kiss scenes. For people who have watched a lot of kdramas, it is well-known that for a certain genre of kdrama, they like the heroine to look shocked, wide-eyed and remain non-responsive during a kiss scene! I suppose it is probably the Director's way to illustrate that this is a very pure and innocent girl indeed and this is her first kiss ever. Lol!! It is a bit like 'wrist-grab' scenes.... that is also something rather typical of kdramas. Other actresses do this 'stunned look kiss' and they don't get any complaints, but SH gets all sorts of nasty criticisms when she is doing the scene as per direction/script. Even after she has proven she can kiss passionately (if required) e.g. Pinocchio, it seems there are people who still would not let go of her past innocent kiss scenes (which were appropriate for the drama genre and her drama character). They do go on about it like a broken record and it is like any excuses just to slag her off? Moreover, is the assessment of someone's acting prowess just down to kiss scenes? If an actor or actress performs one 'innocent kiss', he/she is a bad actor?

SH will continue to excel in any scenes in Doctors - whether expressing sorrow, anger, joy, affection or passion. We are in very safe hands indeed with SH! She has demonstrated great chemistry not only with KRW, but also other male leads and her friendship scenes with Soon Hee and Seo Woo (before SW turned nasty) were also very endearing!! 

This is perhaps a bit off topic, but I must say I am somewhat puzzled and also curious as to why there seems to be a lot of emphasis and discussion on kiss scenes for korean drama forums. But I do not see similar degree of detailed analysis of kisses (I have read in some forums that people even claim they re-watch the scenes in slow-motion to study the kiss in detail etc. Haha..) when I read forums or blogs where people discuss Hollywood or European dramas or films... Can someone please enlighten me? :)

Ha..ha...ha....kiss...oh..kiss...steamy discustion... i like your bright post @stewieg..:glasses:...i think Shin hye must learn for you guy's who experts with kissing  scene...:P.....just go with your own delulu,.. let's the director make decision the rest.hhhhh kiss..oh...kiss..:blush:

• Like 11

1 hour ago, alexandria2207 said:

@thao_2512

But I hope Doctors Director can give more space for our OTP HJ/JH kiss like a crazy passionate 31 something & 40 years old couple falling in love so madly. Yessss.... we need that kiss, after the epic wrestling scenes they show us.

Don't make a joke here, all of us waiting that kiss scenes. kakakakaka.... :w00t:

I hope so too, if the director allows and the actors are willing, I expect some steamy scenes. 

• Like 8

Okay, so I REALLY want them to kiss, but I serious doubt that's going to happen this soon. We're at episode 5 and there's 15 more to go. What else can they give us if they have them kiss in EP5?

I think HJ will pull away or push JH away. Notice he's got that serious look on his face when EP4 ended. He realises "this is the girl I want" (and don't we all :D) and he's ready to commit and take that deep plunge into the ocean of unknown.
HJ still thinks he's married though and under that guise she will either pull away or push away. Eventhough her georgous big eyes tell us she doesn't want to. She's grown up though, responsible, a surgeon. This guy may make her heart flutter, but not her reasoning. No hankypanky for the married dude!

• Like 22

19 minutes ago, CamelKnight said:

Okay, so I REALLY want them to kiss, but I serious doubt that's going to happen this soon. We're at episode 5 and there's 15 more to go. What else can they give us if they have them kiss in EP5?

I think HJ will pull away or push JH away. Notice he's got that serious look on his face when EP4 ended. He realises "this is the girl I want" (and don't we all :D) and he's ready to commit and take that deep plunge into the ocean of unknown.
HJ still thinks he's married though and under that guise she will either pull away or push away. Eventhough her georgous big eyes tell us she doesn't want to. She's grown up though, responsible, a surgeon. This guy may make her heart flutter, but not her reasoning. No hankypanky for the married dude!

I also think they won't kiss, I hope they don't kiss, otherwise it would feel like JH is robbing something from HJ. And I want my JH as gentlemanly as my imagination. Hahaha...

Because they just met, JH might already made up his mind that he loves her, but truth be told, he doesn't know for sure that HJ feels the same way. And from all of their interaction, which only in a day by the way, HJ keeps pushing him. Of course we know that HJ has a repressed feeling towards the guy, but JH is supposed to be clueless about that. But by the way HJ was stunned with the closeness, that could be a first hit for JH that she has hot for the teacher.

It's either HJ look away, head butt him like she did to Ji Soo, or JH cracked some jokes to ease off the awkwardness. 

The picture of them sitting side-by-side in the middle of the boxing ring, is that a BTS or yet-to-be-aired scene?

• Like 23

@thao_2512 OMO your vids.. crazy-monkey-emoticon-004.gif?1292792378 BRINGS ME BACK to :vicx::vicx: OK I must refrain myself from being OT. But thank you so much for proving our girl has what it takes to be more than what many may not see ;)

@bebebisous33 you've heard our shout out...crazy-monkey-emoticon-050.gif?1292792391 WELCOME and Im glad you took some timeout to pop in here. :D Ok, ok Roger that no more kissy kissy talk we shall continue it when it happens here in DOCTORS.  

A new Vid is out PATIENTS... it's based on JH and his interaction with HJ during the 4 episodes 

f02704ffa1f647d3b3e018f9b832d791.png

View it here in these links 

NAVER: http://tvcast.naver.com/v/962560

or view it in SBS: http://program.sbs.co.kr/builder/endPage.do?pgm_id=22000009527&pgm_mnu_id=43791&pgm_build_id=16905&contNo=22000182225

• Like 23

2 hours ago, stewiefg said:

Yes, I don't understand why SH gets so much stick for kiss scenes. For people who have watched a lot of kdramas, it is well-known that for a certain genre of kdrama, they like the heroine to look shocked, wide-eyed and remain non-responsive during a kiss scene! I suppose it is probably the Director's way to illustrate that this is a very pure and innocent girl indeed and this is her first kiss ever. Lol!! It is a bit like 'wrist-grab' scenes.... that is also something rather typical of kdramas. Other actresses do this 'stunned look kiss' and they don't get any complaints, but SH gets all sorts of nasty criticisms when she is doing the scene as per direction/script. Even after she has proven she can kiss passionately (if required) e.g. Pinocchio, it seems there are people who still would not let go of her past innocent kiss scenes (which were appropriate for the drama genre and her drama character). They do go on about it like a broken record and it is like any excuses just to slag her off? Moreover, is the assessment of someone's acting prowess just down to kiss scenes? If an actor or actress performs one 'innocent kiss', he/she is a bad actor?

SH will continue to excel in any scenes in Doctors - whether expressing sorrow, anger, joy, affection or passion. We are in very safe hands indeed with SH! She has demonstrated great chemistry not only with KRW, but also other male leads and her friendship scenes with Soon Hee and Seo Woo (before SW turned nasty) were also very endearing!! 

I think people on the forums are "obsessed" / more occupied with discussing kiss scenes simply because they don't happen everyday in kdramas, as opposed to American/Western tv shows. An entire series  of KDRAMA can lead up to THE ONE KISS or perhaps there are whole series with NO kisses at all, whilst kissing can happen often enough in Western shows. That is why people focus on the ONE kiss they might be able to see in a Kdrama. Furthermore, a lot of kiss scenes in kdrama are not executed nicely, because of the clashing cultures I suppose. Like half of the dramas have their leads forcing a kiss on the other lead etc. There is not a lot of kisses, in which both people inch to each other and you'll just know that both want to kiss the other. In most kdrama kisses the female heroine just stands still as if she is frozen and with wide eyes, not even closing her eyes during the kiss. 

And korean drama kisses are vastly different to those in other countries. So naturally people like to discuss the strange difference to what they usually see and what they then see in a K-production.

• Like 13

Another vid ... DOCTORS hits SBS entertainment news but I cant view it... hoping some chingues here can let me know what Im missing. Its a diff video to the above NAVER and official Doctors SBS link that I posted earlier. :blink:

EDIT- theres another one of the boxing scene but I cant paste it here. They've edit bits of the actual eps adding Korean subs to it. A good way to relive the eps. Mian maybe someone will have better luck than me. SBS is being to cruel it's blocking their vids in my country. 

• Like 21

6 hours ago, Kasmic said:

"Just..because" I can multi-quote (thanks @CamelKnight ) and Im proving to most here that given the context PSH can deliver :D Mind you this CF was shot in 2010 so it was 6 years ago and even before Heirs :P

CL

Im not sure why its a poor quality but you get the gist of it...it's indeed possible that our OTP can get an outta this world passionate kiss. Let's hope the plot will allow it...please dont blame the actress as it isn't fair. It may not happen here but it will happen and Im PATIENTLY WAITINGRO65977853_w1000_h0.jpg

cr SBS

Looks like NO KISS~~~~

• Like 12

Is it just me or does it seem like PSH hardly plays a role with siblings? 

Blood siblings, as a matter of fact. Lol. The time that she does (step siblings), usually ends in infatuation. 

Hoping that this step siblings will be a new dynamic relationship that we hardly get to see in kdrama-land! 

• Like 10

35 minutes ago, liz-danielle said:

Looks like NO KISS~~~~

As much as I want it to happen I doubt it too :tears:. But it doesnt mean that it wont happen later right? Im positive the writers will give us one. :D 

Right now I think she's too focus in seeking the truth of Grandmother's death. See when she spoke to SW 

42753fb875678ea1ceb25e65603dc1ec.png

Anger that SW father failed to tell her why Granny passed away? Anger that after 13 years her is still there and doesnt recognise her. So I think she'll talk to him about her suspicions of her grandmother's death. As we see in the preview he tries to log into the computers to find the records. I wonder if he finds anything? 

• Like 15

2 hours ago, Kasmic said:

nahhhhh.... i wish i can read hangul. what the caption talk about?? but the the video really brighten my eves. full of HJH smile crazy-monkey-emoticon-118.gif?1292792410

Untitled-3.jpg

1 hour ago, liz-danielle said:

Looks like NO KISS~~~~

i don't think it will happen anytime soon. HJ still have to resolve her problem first, who know.. seeing JH sincerely help her in many way, make her slowly unlock her heart

Spoiler

and i give up on seducing my friend to watch this drama, since she watch Gangnam blues first, she said she still can't get over KRW image in that movie (especially "particular" scene in that movie). she said looking at KRW smile face in this drama make her see him as a byontae LOL crazy-monkey-emoticon-078.gif?1292792399. hah... what a waste, she can't enjoy a good drama 

• Like 15