[Drama 2016] Doctors 닥터스

Rin90

Guest twingals
On 6/23/2016 at 5:52 AM, missminami said:

Kim Jung Hwa sent coffee truck to doctors set

http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=112&aid=0002825544

Awesome how PSH leaves an impression with people she meets.  KJH was with her agency from what I can recall......her co actor from Miracle in Cell also sent  coffee truck as support for Pinocchio. She really must be well liked by her co actors even after they work together.

Don't quote images, gifs, or videos...

Edited by twingals
Don't quote images, gifs, or videos...

1 hour ago, Kasmic said:

@jadecloud Your back!! WELCOME BACK SISTA!! As always your posts are funny and insightful I love them. Please stay around more. crazy-monkey-emoticon-077.gif?1292792399

@Ahpheng WOW your here too. .. now waiting on more of the Pretties to come here too. @moodypie hint, hint??  @onnififi @nonski @delfin  (Im waiting to see your KRW gifs hun) @emme85  crazy-monkey-emoticon-077.gif?1292792399 crazy-monkey-emoticon-077.gif?1292792399  if you havent seen it already, DOCTOR'S is well worth a watch...try it you wont be disappointed. crazy-monkey-emoticon-108.gif?1292792407

Here's the instrumental (piano cover) version of "No Way". I love it just as much as with the voices. 

Oh and did we notice the young HJH photo with his foster father? I wonder when he was adopted? I cant to see more of his backstory too. 

and SHUCKS! it's not MONDAY! :crazy:

@Kasmic chingu thanks for the shout out!  i will try to be here and make gifs if my schedule would permit me. :)  

already saw parts of episodes 1 and 2 but not full length and without subs yet.

nice to see so many familiar faces here! 

@Ahpheng always... great strips!

@lclarakl  @jadecloud  *waves*

• Like 15

Thanks to all for this forum as well as other DRAMA forums in SOOMPI. I have to admit over the years SOOMPI forums keep me sane whenever I go a bit crazy for a drama from the live recaps, BTS, fan art, fan gifs etc it HELPS stave the constant waiting in between episodes as I lurk more than I am an active participant. 

I have been a fan of PSH, I like her alot. I think she is a nice person and she is kind and pretty. I think she is talented and I have not thought she is the "BEST" actress around but I appreciate her chemistry with her OTP couplings as well as her presence. From finally good kissing in her last drama with Lee Jong Suk to this drama with cool action scenes she has come a long way. I love that about her striving to be better and challenging herself.

Random thoughts

-I liked her kick butt character in ep 1 --in the night club and her cool outfit- black sheer top and TIGHT black pants definitely were cute/sexy. I can totally understand Chul Soo wanting to date her! (So cute he helped again and again. Sad we won't see him much more.)

-Or the fact she asked for 10% for saving the Principal's daughter's wallet and then when she was creeped out by her she would not TAKE any of the money (when she did not want to be close or friends with an outsider). She may be "rebel" she is not motivated by the money.

-The earnest and cute smile she had on the bus after having friends was priceless. To have warm hearts and kind people opens up HJ after being ignored and punished by others. Her hugging her grandmother after she got chewed out by her. She starves for warmth and affection and love. GRANDMA to the rescue. I like how grandma told her I ASKED for you and I WANTED to be a positive influence and help you NOT go down the wrong path. Grandma's trust and faith in her and hoping she will change with this different tactic. Such as the way she made her carry all HJ stuff for the restaurant to scare HJ to go to school at the market. (CUTE.)  Or when HJ came and told her she was TOPS overall in MATH! WOO HOO! Grandma kneeling to HJH to look over her granddaughter and she admitted never doing this to ANYONE in her life but she has a healthy respect for DR and TEACHERS. Then the girls get closer thanks to CHULSOO buddy hitting on SW and HJ saving them but CS interceded to cement their bond. These moments made me smile and have hope. But like any drama, these GOOD times have to end or else there is no angst or problems for our heroine to overcome.

-SW so blinded by jealousy and how others eloquently said here that he (HJH) pointed out things she has that HJ doesn't have (grades, high social status, wealth etc) and not to be greedy. But also HJH knows to be careful and tow the line plus he is not interested in SW. SW keeps at him saying I want to be the kind of person you want to be with.  Always asking for compliments and attention from HJH. So it was disappointing that SW has to do that and write the rumors of them based on her jealousy. 

-Our warm-hearted HJ saves SW and when they reunite at the hospital again later. UGGGH. I cannot believe she thought HJ lied about never studying in her life. HJ cannot help she has a cameraderie and that her grandma asked HJH to watch over HJ. 

-the adorable puppy--so cute cute cute. Love him.

-Park Shin Hye and Kim Rae Won have a natural likable chemistry in this drama that I am TOTALLY looking forward our OTP moments. They cannot come fast enough as they will be ADULTS ---I guess by next week at least. We know HJ will have HJH separate from her as she doesn't want to hurt him more as she wants to protect him with a bright future.

-The look of hero worship and glimmerings of awareness (yes that CHARGED lab scene-on fire). Well staged and done.

-Looking forward to more...I am scared for HJ with grandma--how much longer will HJ have her?

• Like 24

Wow, I just watched the 2 episodes and... wow. I'm happy, Doctors is going to be what I've expected. 

I love how PD Nim is working. I love all the ost they use, perfect songs for each scene, specially at the end of ep 2, It would be different feeling if it were another song. 

I really don't understand why some people feel unconfortable with the romantic relationship between a Teacher and a student, of course it is not ok in real life but in dramaland...

My fav scene from ep 2 is...doctors02-00585.jpg 

I actually wanted to see the friendship between the girls lasts a bit longer. 

Anticipating the nex episodes, Doctors Fighting!! :) 

• Like 22

9 hours ago, missminami said:

Kim Rae Won :

One of the main reason why I accept to act in Doctors is after i saw the cast list. There is no doubt about Shin Hye ability to act. So I have to accept this offer.

If they can, all male actor would want to act with her, because we are aware of her ability to express her role.

Its from the article above, but my english is not that good to translate the whole article LOL...

you translate well dear :D

also, both krw n psh said they r grateful to their fans n said many thanks. have a good news which is they r planning on an ASEAN tour this yr - imo after the drama.

nt sure together for the drama or individually.

cnt wait to go to malaysia. have gone to thailand n the philippines bfore - imo this is shinhye part.

sh said that lately she is receiving lots of offer for her to act as professional as she is in her late 20s.

• Like 21

7 hours ago, lclarakl said:

First, I have to say that I'm a romance connoisseur in printed and viewable form and this writer has many romantic moments, subtle and not overly done, in these past two episodes.  Let's not forget that this is a Romance/Medical drama.  It is what it is. The writer is building the foundation.  

I have to disagree with the highlighted line because Hye Jung does look at Ji Hoon that way....almost kiss in the lab and a couple of other scenes. He's awaken a feeling in her that she's never felt before, and probably doesn't know how to label it yet.  Heck, I was "in love" with my Industrial Arts teacher back in high school; all the attention he was showing me made me feel special.......I refused to believe my teacher helping me carry heavy objects had anything to do with the fact that I was the only girl in the class....:lol:

I don't blame Hye Jung for the feelings she's developing for her teacher. Who can blame her? She's had a rough life and I hope we find out more about her past. She has a wall up around her emotions and really didn't care about her future, didn't have any friends. Now she's met this man who helped her out of a bind while shoplifting, who rents a room from her grandmother, who later became her teacher, who is also a doctor and saved a person's life......Yes, I can see how the blooms of a crush is developing. Again, she may not know what she's feeling, but her interactions with him shows through.

The same for Ji Hoon. He's a doctor and a teacher, both professions are about in bettering people and, in some cases, saving lives.  There was something about Hye Jung that drew him to her the first time they met. When he found out she was to be his student, no way; but finding out she has an IQ of a genius and is also a problem student, I'm sure the teacher/doctor in him found her to be a professional challenge to conquer.....to help turn her around. However, as we find out more about his history too, he may feel a connection to her because of having lost his parents and feeling alone while she was abandoned by her father. 

You can't help who you fall in love with, but you can help how you respond to or act on it. At this moment, I do see romantic moments between two people who are not aware consciously that they are romantically attracted to the other person (except Hye Jung--she's teetering). At the moment it's more of a mentoring  relationship with caring hearts.

Again, it's a Romance/Medical and I'm truly enjoying the back story of how they met. It has me anticipating their future.

To fancy is to desire, right? As of yet, I don't see Hye-Jung having those feelings. They are compatible and they can talk to each other easily but for a girl like you said who has walls drawn-up I don't think she fancies him as such. She isn't shy around him, isn't acting giddy and is not different to her usual self. Yes, the writer and PD has done some amazing cinematography to show us they can easily be a couple but I really don't see either of them at the next stage of their relationship yet. I can say they like each other but fancy -nope.

• Like 18

11 hours ago, missminami said:

Kim Rae Won :

One of the main reason why I accept to act in Doctors is after i saw the cast list. There is no doubt about Shin Hye ability to act. So I have to accept this offer.

If they can, all male actor would want to act with her, because we are aware of her ability to express her role.

Its from the article above, but my english is not that good to translate the whole article LOL...

Thank you soooo much. Please give us some more, ask for help , anything. I wish I could help you with that. Cheers:blink::)

• Like 10

@jadecloud Hello and Hugs from Boston! cool yeah I have to go back and rewatch with subs from ep 18 onwards of our Jiafei CP. Ok then I will check back! Thanks dear!

-Kim Rae Won got my attention with Rooftop Cat. This guy can sure act. Seeing him as OTP with Park Shin Hye , I am not going to lie did not hurt for me to want to see the drama. I am all about the leads and OTP and casting. I have been been lenient on some dramas (ahem cough "warm and cozy" "mirae's future") due to my love for the actors/actresses.

-Monday cannot come soon enough for me as I so cannot wait to see what is up and next for our OTP. As I said before I am way too impatient to see Ji Hong and HJ to get together. I love in the teasers when she is resting and Jihong leaning over her to have her put her "moves" on him first. LOL.

-Yes their being friendly is cool and cute. I can see that the ice cream scene in their home is fine but out at school is inappropriate and does tow the line if impropriety.

-I cannot wait to see more of the backstory of how Ji Hong's adoptive dad -chose him and adopted him. 

• Like 12

19 hours ago, lovehbhjw2013 said:

@thao_2512and @mujay

Think both of you have totally mistaken my point.  I have no intention to promote any dramas here, only here as a viewer to share my views that I find it strange that the drama world is so competitive to make the writers and actors work so hard by driving similar theme shows at the same time and sometimes confuse the audience, especially senior folks audience like my mum.  This is not the first time already...this pattern has been observed over a long period of time for me to think that they deliberately do it to drive people to work super hard.   Now your response has also confirmed for me that it drives die-hard fans to promote the dramas and work you very hard until you cannot appreciate others' views kindly and quick to pounce.   Welcome to the highly competitive world even in entertainment.. :rolleyes:

I want to make my point clear...I am only here to be entertained by the dramas,   I bear no interest in which drama having what rating, those are absolutely irrelevant to me.  It is good if they have high rating and if they do not, it does not mean I do not like the drama.  So whether high or low rating, I will love the drama if it has reached out to me.  So please do not place your competitive standards on me....I am here to enjoy and be entertained.   Thank you.

I am bent on watching both dramas at this point....to be entertained...no rating can stop me and no one can stop me.   Thank you again.

Also, at the end of the day, whatever competition people want to drive, I believe both dramas will earn their viewership naturally in their own rights as mentioned earlier.  Even slotted at the same time, I will still watch both regardless...so maybe you can consider me a die-hard fan for both dramas minus the competitive thoughts....is that not allowed?:sweatingbullets:

It's not even about competition. You are so off-tracked  lol.

Like I said it's a common sense and respect that one wouldn't go to Doctor thread to say he/she enjoy BM better. Because I wouldn't do that to BM or other dramas, Does it even make sense to you?

And  Doctors and BM are both medial dramas but they are night and day different as I explained. Many of my friends watch and  enjoy both, no need to compare especially in the individual threads...Who stopped you? Did I even mention about rating and ask you not to watch? You are talking another topic here... which wasn't even my point. 

Besides it's against Soompi rule as well to talk about another drama here. You can check with Mod if you think I'm wrong. 

• Like 20

Having just joined this forum yesterday, after viewing episode 1, when it was already at 133 pages --thought I would need to wait until next week to post again with episode 3.  But, having now viewed episode 2 and seeing that members are still sharing thoughts about episode 2, and now being totally engaged with this wonderful drama- posting again.

Just completed viewing episode 2 -- whereas episode 1 established what is sure to be a great drama OTP (HJ JH) --episode 2 appears to be, in part, the prime OTP antagonist SW set up episode.

But will start post with HJ JH- another great episode continuing to establish the OTP interest in each other  - 
HJ is not just smart, she is a genius -based on her school documents she has an IQ of 156 -putting her in the top tier for being gifted and intelligent- what a combination, good looks, genius, great street fighter.  The husband thanking HJ for helping his wife, naming daughter after her- reborn HJ starting point.

HJ JH - classroom blood type, microscope scene- first spark of interest

JH sad back story coming to light - parents killed by a white truck of doom, for now looks like an accident, but sure didn't look like any breaking was applied-but I am always suspicious when a white truck is in play.  JH quick thinking/action on street with pregnant woman in extreme distress (HJ stayed calm, ready to immediately act based on directions - nice bonding moment). At the hospital we learn that JH has a guilt/fear complex when he can not save someone- with that complex -no wonder he is teaching now-

Prime Antagonist set up
SW in episode 1 seemed like a typical rich girl who had a school girl crush on her teacher JH- not surprising, since he comes across as a sweet caring, intelligent, unconventional, teacher who actually cares for his pupils - SW certainly not the only school girl with a crush on him.  Forgetting for now, that we as Kdrama viewers know what her appearance likely means --and  based solely on what we see on screen - SW herself, does not really set off any "watch out for her, danger" alarm bells.  Although episode 1 did set up that her Father, Grandfather, are trying to take over JHs adopted fathers hospital and leave JH adrift. 

SW Episode 2 - A nice start with HJ helping her and SW agreeing to help HJ study -a cute running through streets scene - HJ SW SH relaxing together after math test-looks like the start of a friendship - UNTIL HJ comes in first on math test, SW is rich, pretty, her family has connections, she is always first and thought of as smartest in school - she has confessed her feelings to HJ, who naively brushes them off - then SW sees HJ JH microscope scene - SW also gets a spark from this scene=intense jealousy with a multiplier of being beat in math test- Drama prime antagonist alarm bells now ringing- SW is very perceptive -she sees that HJ is naturally smart/learns fast and most critical- that HJ does have a like interest in teacher JH- then SW witnessed HJ JH sharing ice cream, laughing, getting along together- her school mates (not friends) then go on about HJ JH Chemistry and take a picture which SW grabs the girls phone and walks off - she is very straight forward and goes and confronts JH, but his backhanded way of inspiring students - does not work with SW- rather she goes into attack mode (think we are seeing the beginnings of future conflicts and methods here)

Great cliffhanger ending - SH being a good friend to HJ, tries to bring her together with SW to talk and make peace- But SH choice of location and subsequent clumsy moves brings us the abandoned building, fire scene, ending -- Eagerly awaiting Episode 3.

Great sweet scenes of HJ and her Grandmother - but then the flip side, her Grandmother has cancer, but has not told HJ and I am not liking her doctor being SW father, if no other reason, then he is already being shown to have a greater interest in administration work, not hands on caring for patients.  BUT looks like he is moving to Seoul to gain better future connections NOT good for JH and his father in the long run- but hopefully disconnects him from Grandmother before her operation.

• Like 19

On 6/21/2016 at 2:58 PM, maris1 said:

Really have to acknowledge the PD Oh Choong-Hwan ( debut venture) for his contribution in recognizing and exploiting the great casts abilities to max............... along with the beautiful execution of different scenarios .......great camera work......all enhancing the experience. 

I second these sentiments @maris1. Absolutely.!   thumbs up smiley

On 6/21/2016 at 3:19 PM, andreasofia16 said:

They are so good actors and have an special chemistry. I need to say, again, that I love this pairing! :wub:

On 6/21/2016 at 6:54 PM, andreanaing said:

I love the drama. Shin Hye is amazing and the chemistry between Kim Rae Won and Shin Hye is beyond my imagination. I am falling in love with Kdrama again just because of a great plot, characters and the chemistry between the two leads. 

@andreasofia16, @andreanaing,   Me too.....!  Love our OTP and their chemistry.    happy love heart emoticon

On 6/21/2016 at 3:39 PM, CamelKnight said:

This is actually the first drama I'm watching that is still airing. All the others I've watched (60+) I've bingewatched but I decided to go for Doctors as my "virgin" semi-live watch lol :D

@CamelKnight,  , glad you went for it, and welcome to the thread. It is an addicting fun to share with others while the drama is airing...!  :)

On 6/21/2016 at 6:55 PM, MAROSA_JIN said:

The relationship is inappropriate, at least as presented here. Ji-hong is a high school teacher. It's his job to make sure there isn't even a hint of impropriety. Seo-woo is right to feel insulted that Ji-hong would rebuff her while being openly flirty with Hye-jeong, and her eventual response to that situation is understandable even if it is wrong.

@MAROSA_JIN, thank you for bringing us this review from Hancinema.   I have to say I disagree with the reviewer on this point.
Do friends here feel JH was flirty with HJ?
I did not feel so. We have seen that he takes special interest in those students who seem to be problem students. i.e He went to police station to get the two female students out, and even bough them dinner.  I think he likes the idea of having a good impact on his students life, and that is the job of a the main teacher. In the case of HJ, he has added interest because he knows halmoni, and lives there.
I think it is complimentary to any teacher when a student is thirsty to learn as HJ is now. Any teacher would want to keep that flame of thirst for knowledge and  self-improvement alive, and encourage it.   In the case of SW, she is already a top student. He has come to rely on her as such. She does not need him to encourage her to study. She does it on her own.

What do you all think?

On 6/21/2016 at 7:36 PM, Jennifer Santos said:

Hi there , 

I am back after a long hiatus.

@Jennifer Santoswelcome-back-sign-smiley-emoticon.gif

@inshara2000, I love the picture-drawing you posted of the 3 girlfriends (top of pg. 130)

On 6/22/2016 at 1:38 AM, stargazer187 said:

I want to know how all of these good starts develop more, how those conflicts can starts growing, and how each character involved deals with it. And from now on, I’ll be waiting for Mon-Tue to come faster…. It’s lovely to feel excited waiting for new episodes.

@stargazer187, sorry to cut short your wonderful post. I loved what you shared. I think this writer is good in developing her characters this way. I look forward too, to seeing their growth, and their future interactions.

On 6/22/2016 at 2:10 AM, kixamay said:

Chingu dont forget our scene stealer......Dyarannnnnnn.....Lol

Love this puppie.....!   :wub:

On 6/22/2016 at 3:39 AM, lclarakl said:

I actually think this is a teacher-student love, but a subconscious one. I think he will figure out exactly why he's always been drawn to her, but won't cross the line. The two of them together have a chemistry that is easy to see when they are together. Ji Hong really never lets his guard down with the other female students and Hye Jung only showed a little of that warm personality to a couple of the girls. So everyone seeing the two of them together, laughing and teasing each other are surprised to see that side of both of them. At the moment, Ji Hong only sees a student that is crying out for help, bright, and who has been abandon by her no good father--probably in a teacher with his "little grasshopper", mentoring of a bright mind.

Sorry to cut your wonderful post @lclarakl. I agree with you.
We do know he will eventually come to realize how much he cares for her, but as you said - he will not cross the line. We know that, because we saw in the 2nd teaser - that he told he had waited for her 10 years.  (still getting goosebumps thinking of it.)

I fully agree about the no good father. No parent should throw their child away.
At the same - it turned out to be HJ's "salvation" because she ended up with the grandma who loved her, and a teacher-mentor who showed her the way to apply herself in school, and both changed her direction in life.

SW talked to JH about waiting for her for 2 years. In reality, she is a child, like the other kids. And she sees the world with child's eyes. She has a lot dumped on her by her parents, always expecting her to excel.  It is possible that the short time we saw the 3 girlfriends having fun, was the only time ever she allowed herself to have fun. (same as HJ, for that matter.). I do NOT condone her actions.  But I can understand her feelings from the child's viewpoint.  I don't know if JH could have helped her if he addressed her and what she told him. But how can a teacher talk seriously to a child confessing her "adult love" to him? He probably thought that treating it lightly is the best way, and will also give her the message that this relationship is not acceptable.

CliZyGFUsAALd5G.jpg

CliZyG_VAAA7-7p.jpg

CliZyIFVYAQYgZc.jpg

• Like 21