[Drama 2016] W-Two Worlds 더블유

gangurhar

@stroppyse Thank you for the translations! <3 I love the hotel room scene even more, reading your translation for it. That scene reminds me of one of my favorite TV scenes ever, in Hannibal when Will and Hannibal meet again at Hannibal's cell after a long time, and you could just feel all the weight of their history even with so relatively few words. I thought Hyo Joo did it brilliantly; I could feel all the weight of what she's been through with him and what she feels for him, even when she was saying so little.

I love how the show is doing the reboot of their story, rehashing their moments in a vastly different context, and with both of them more recently damaged.

@sharreb Thank you for sharing the ratings! I was a bit afraid with JI starting; I expect it to do a lot better than Wanted in the ratings, but I hope W will continue to keep its lead until the end. I would love for W to get higher ratings, but it's a bit more challenging to watch than a rom-com or drama that you can watch almost mindlessly without losing the plot, which the general audience might prefer. Still, W fighting!

• Like 17

1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

So, this is a translation of the final scene. YJ takes KC who has been shot to a low end hotelarrow-10x10.png where YJ lays KC on a bed and starts to treat him. The translation of that in the spoiler. I broke up into two parts, however, since there is a video clip for the second half of the scene which includes the kiss.

Hide contents

(YJ lays KC on the bed and starts to take care of him.)

KC: Why are you crying? Why do you cry? Am I dying?

YJ: You’re not going to die. And who says that I’m crying? (wipes tears from eyes)

KC: (groans in pain as YJ starts treating him) Where are we?

YJ: Hotelarrow-10x10.png. I brought us to the most inconspicuous place I could, but this place also makes me worry. (puts a bandage on the wound) You were framed, weren’t you? In an unbelievable way. That’s why you were running away. What happened and how to resolve it, I’ll find out. I think something major must have happened, but right now, I’m not sure what that is. Continuing to stay here is too dangerous, and in order to treat you properly, I need more medicine. So, I have to leave here. You can hold out on your own here, can’t you?

The translation of the second part of the conversation that is shown in the clip is in the spoiler beneath the clip.

Hide contents

KC: Look here, Oh Yeon Joo-sshi

YJ: Just try to endure it a little longer and wait here.

KC: I can’t understand a single word you’re saying. What are you saying? How can you help me? 

YJ: I’m someone who hopes that Kang Chul’s life will have a happy ending. That is the only way our parting will have meaning. 

KC: Oh Yeon Joo-sshi. You. Who are you? 

YJ: I definitely have to leave here. Please, I hope that this will have an effect again.

(YJ kisses KC. Afterwards, she turns to see “To Be Continued” written out near the door. She leaves and returns to her world. A tear drops from Kang Chul’s eye.)

I really like this kiss that's initiated by YJ. It's nominally a way for her to go back to her own world, but you can almost see the anticipation and tension because she also just wants to kiss KC so much. He is her husband after all whom she loves even though she thinks that he never loved her. The tear that falls from KC's eye seems to indicate that some part of him remembers her and misses her even if it's not his conscious mind. The fact that the kiss worked to trigger the end of the manwha episode shows that KC was affected. I can't even. 

The tear doesn't fall from KC's eye; it is YJ's tear falling on the KC's face while she is kissing him; however, I agree with you, he should have her memory in his unconscious after all. 

• Like 15

Wow. Episode 10 was daebak. Like seriously though, this show gives me life. Life I tell you! Ah!!!!! Seriously though, there was so many great twists and turns to this episode, and one thing that stood out for me was the fact that with the taking away of Seong Moo's face and him basically becoming mind controlled drone, now he's getting a taste of his own medicine and now has an idea how the characters in his webtoon feel. Now he understand why Chul keeps railing at him just basically writing him into terrible situations and taking away any semblance of control Chul has over his life. Seeing him reduced to that brings me back to when he'd basically spit vitriol in Chul's face and told him that everything that Chul is and everything that Chul thinks is as a result of what he's created. And now, I'm chuckling at the comeuppance he's getting because there is no way he would have been able to envision just how crazy and powerful the killer will turn out to be.

But can I just say that Yeon Joo breaking into So Hee's house was sad and hilarious all at once. Especially when she decided that it would be a good idea to cook herself some ramyeon whilst she's a t it. Heck, she'd even considered taking a shower :lol:

• Like 18

@stroppyse shi....thank you for the trans...I really love their convo....am sure after that warm kiss...KC keep thinking about YJ....thats why he looking for her again...*sparklingeyes*

I really love this drama....i even endure streaming even it lagging like snail...worth it...

• Like 8

I was crying so much for YJ. She suffers so much emotionally and KC suffers so much physically. They're always being hurt! I can't wait for tomorrow! 

I knew that I was right to trust the writer that we would have more romantic scenes today. The writer knows what we want!

I love that this drama does not follow a formula we can guess. I never have any idea what will happen. It's so exciting and new!

• Like 13

pV4WUtW.gif

CqqaNzXUAAAmlx2.jpgCqqaNzaUIAIELdF.jpg

"W" hits 12.3% despite "Incarnation of Jealousy"

2016/08/24 

photo758626.jpg

MBC "W" stayed on the throne.

According to Nielsen Korea, "W" rated 12.3%.

This is 1.0% more than the previous episode and first out of the three ground-wave dramas.

SBS "Incarnation of Jealousy" started off with 7.3%. it increased by 2.4% compared to the previous"Wanted".

Meanwhile, "Uncontrollably Fond" came in second with 8.0%, a decrease of 0.7%.

http://www.hancinema.net/w-hits-12-3percent-despite-incarnation-of-jealousy-98059.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Cqqf1xjUAAA0I-4.jpg

• Like 20

I feel like I was ridding a roller coaster reading these recaps/looking at the screencaps/tweetcaps and gif caps

@Rania Zeid, @LyraYoo @ezze @dhia205 @drmjs@sharreb @alekaonu @Yippeuni @ilwoo_aein @andy78 @wackeemarie @yren @kasjady @nonski@jeonghyang

Thank you :heart: 

@Onur_dem and @parisonheaven Thanks for preview:wub:

9 hours ago, lovely_skham said:

OMG THEY KISSED

I'm so happycrazy-monkey-emoticon-065.gif It was was really hurting my feelings watching Yeon Joo be so sad and feeling alone. She and Kang Cheol belong together

H9c9VCK.gif

CR @jeonghyang our gif master.

8 hours ago, ayni said:

I am sooooo happpyyy that they are on the run together... (Maybe I have gone mad)

I love it! It's just so romantic. They will have to depend on each other.

• Like 15

I found this really endearing. The scene where they’re in the car and Yeon Joo is offering to drive and Kang Chul tells her to leave him and go where she needs to go. Because he’s worse than a thief like her. So thinking she’s a thief, he hands over his wallet anyways like 5 seconds after that because she needed money for medicine. Lol:lol:

• Like 12

"W" hits 12.3% despite "Incarnation of Jealousy"

photo758626.jpg

MBC "W" stayed on the throne.

According to Nielsen Korea, "W" rated 12.3%.

This is 1.0% more than the previous episode and first out of the three ground-wave dramas.

SBS "Incarnation of Jealousy" started off with 7.3%. it increased by 2.4% compared to the previous "Wanted".

Meanwhile, "Uncontrollably Fond" came in second with 8.0%, a decrease of 0.7%.

source: hancinema

Wohoo!! We're still #1!! Congrats "W" team!! You guys really deserve it!  :heart:

• Like 11

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "W" Episode 10

photo758629.jpg

The production team in "W" is able to get quite a bit of mileage out of just looking at scenes from a new angle. It helps that the most dynamic scenes in "W" are so crazy and out there they're no less shocking the second time around. Even so, those of you wondering just how it is that the villain got so powerful there's a surprisingly convincing logistical explanation for that. It's little wonder that we didn't think of it, since Seong-moo forgot too and he's the one who writes this stuff.

But Seong-moo is a lost cause at this point, what with the lack of agency or face, which leaves Yeon-joo as the hero, and she spends almost the entire episode resisting that role. For good reason- last time Yeon-joo tried to solve problems in "W", everything just got worse. It's fairly clear that she's trying to avoid a repeat of that same situation by not getting involved again.

Yeon-joo's refusal to be helpful is, at times, rather comical. Observe how almost all of her energy is dedicated to living like a hobo. I also found it rather amusing that in the supposedly "fake" world of "W", hospital staff are suspicious of people they've never seen before even in the middle of a medical emergency. Contrast that with practically any other drama where the villain can dole out poisoned donuts, hire freelance clowns, or use magic shadow powers on coma patients without anyone ever noticing.

Even though "W" has an extremely complicated conceit the tension is surprisingly down to earth. Consider how it's unclear whether the villain expects or even wants to defeat Cheol. No, the bad guy's chief concern here is to tell the best possible story. The recurring metaphor of the villain being Seong-moo's "son" is a fairly apt one. Their actions are always in service of the same point- suffering in the name of story, with we the viewers, being the chief beneficiary.

"W" is a guilty pleasure, not in the way that phrase is normally used, but in the sense that the drama puts Cheol through the ringer for our own cheap amusement. Yeon-joo struggles with doing the right thing precisely because she has realized that it is wrong to use Cheol like a toy, yet however the situation breaks down, Cheol is merely a plaything in somehow else's hands. That's pretty existentially messed up, yet it's unclear whether Cheol can succeed in his current ignorant state of mind.

Review by William Schwartz

"W" is directed by Jeong Dae-yoon, written by Song Jae-jeong and features Lee Jong-suk, Han Hyo-joo, Eugene Jung, Lee Tae-hwan, Park Won-sang, and more.

source: 

http://www.hancinema.net/hancinema-s-drama-review-w-episode-10-98062.html#!prettyPhoto

• Like 15

Man I'm getting Option # 4 tension all throughout episode 10. These looks these two be giving each other.;)

They're together even though he has no memory of her. And she's trying her best not to interfere. But yet they still end up together. Not even predetermination or free will can stop fate.

• Like 11

18 minutes ago, dramagirlslove said:

Man I'm getting Option # 4 tension all throughout episode 10. These looks these two be giving each other.;)

They're together even though he has no memory of her. And she's trying her best not to interfere. But yet they still end up together. Not even predetermination or free will can stop fate.

Yes, option # 4 thrown all through out the episode. Sensuality and tension is very evident. 

• Like 7