[Drama 2016] W-Two Worlds 더블유

gangurhar

8 hours ago, evie7 said:
On 11/08/2016 at 7:45 PM, juju84 said:

I've noticed that KC still hasn't found his footing after learning the truth. He may seem cheerful on the surface but to me he is more subdued and reserved in his actions and desires. He is lacking his old self-assurance. Restraining himself from admitting his feelings, sending YJ away at the first solid threat only proves that he is deeply shaken and lost. At the moment the way I see it, KC is still not living but rather drifting by the current trying to adopt to the situation instead of bending it to his will. He has not regained control over his life nor he is confident enough to do so at the moment. He humors YJ in her desire to make *sequel* and even though it's something he also wants to do he continues holding himself back not daring to hope or think beyond the present

You have rally summed up what's going on w/KC I agree he does seem a little bit lost when he's not w/YJ.  Even then he does keep mentioning that he's not sure how long she will be around. It's hard to even put yourself in his place to have the realization that you are not in control of your life, nothing is real, everything about you has been created and scripted. Part of him still wants to end it all.

I agree with both of you!! Kang Cheol death wish didn't stop/end it's only postponed!! he is only living the moment with no permanent purpose to live for, his only reason to keep on living is Yeon Joo who he has a full believe and awarness that she would leave him at some point which as much it's pushing him to make her and be happy with her as much as they can be a long as they can be together still that in itself is shattering him inside with the constant fear of losing her at any giving moment with no power to stop that plus leaving him with nothing to live for again!! he used to have the few people he loved and cared about that would have helped him to keep on living even if it's just to live when he avenge his family but not anymore, he's trapped in a fake life where nothing is holding him from ending his life other than Yeon Joo!! but I think that realising that hoodeed man is still there has a good side (a small one) which is giving Kang Cheol a reason to fight back not only living waiting helplessly for his unhappy ending as he believes in!!

I think that asking Yeon Joo to forget him and make him forget her was his only option, there is no way he can come up with to protect her from a ghost like enemy and losing another dear person to him isn't something he can even put at risk plus he believes that she shouldn't be with him facing that danger to begin with when she has her real safe world!! but still he wants to fight and not give up which is a good thing and I think Yeon Joo won't really listen to him, because I know I wouldn't and I believe till now we and Yeon Joo had to same way of thinking, not in the cliffhanger aspects though!! :lol: 

• Like 11

W is not a drama about shooting, why the main character was set as a sports shooter?

Scriptwriter Sung Jae Jung: Firstly, she wanted the created one to threaten the creator with a gun. In Korea, possession of a gun is illegal, so in order to set him as a guy who knows how to use a gun, he was set as a sports shooter. An alternative as military was also considered, but to create something new, he was set to be a sports shooter.

Writer Sung also wanted the main lead to be a strong man, someone who can fight against the creator and have his own free will to change his own fate. No matter how strong the man is, she is not personally interested overly muscular characters, so she finally decided to set the character as a sports shooter with a strong concentration who doesn’t sway.

Source: http://www.hankookilbo.com/v/036201e8dca74b3b80a4a5b3e25ae62f

Translation credit: http://amyhsk.tumblr.com/post/148886610403/w-lee-jong-suk-and-jin-jong-ohs-parallel-theory

• Like 20

“W” Lee Jong Suk and Jin Jong-oh’s parallel theory

tumblr_inline_obutwcmCcK1s8bd1y_540.jpg

W is not a drama about shooting, why the main character was set as a sports shooter?

Scriptwriter Sung Jae Jung: Firstly, she wanted the created one to threaten the creator with a gun. In Korea, possession of a gun is illegal, so in order to set him as a guy who knows how to use a gun, he was set as a sports shooter. An alternative as military was also considered, but to create something new, he was set to be a sports shooter. 

Writer Sung also wanted the main lead to be a strong man, someone who can fight against the creator and have his own free will to change his own fate. No matter how strong the man is, she is not personally interested overly muscular characters, so she finally decided to set the character as a sports shooter with a strong concentration who doesn’t sway. 

(Source. T/N: I didn’t do a word-for-word translation, just summary of the most important parts.)

Trans by:  amyhsk

• Like 16

12 minutes ago, oohhkkay said:

Source: http://www.hankookilbo.com/v/036201e8dca74b3b80a4a5b3e25ae62f

Translation credit: http://amyhsk.tumblr.com/post/148886610403/w-lee-jong-suk-and-jin-jong-ohs-parallel-theory

Thanks for bringing that here! I looked at the article via Google Translate and it seems to talk about the writer's inspirations for the other aspects of the story (like A Ha's "Take on Me" and Blade Runner). I hope there'll be a full translation of it eventually. :)

• Like 10

11 hours ago, dhia205 said:

this song got me since i saw the preview...

and since it release it become my top 10 most plays in my playlist... i love the sad and kind a haunted vibe from this song...:wub:

It does have that haunted vibe, it's perfect to describe Kang Chul's feelings.  @thea2410 just posted the best fmv on ytube for this song. It's just perfect:wub: and now I see it has been posted here.:D

Sorry everyone for being all over the place in this threadhehe-onion-head-emoticon.gifI have no clue where to begin to catch up so I just pick a page see a post that was quoted click on that...

11 hours ago, Rania Zeid said:

IS that Hanhyojoo or Eugene in the BTS Photos ???

When I saw those picks I thought maybe it was So Hee because she seems taller but I didn't think it was HHJ. 

@charlieblue17 Chingu thanks for sharing that fmv. It was so  bittersweet w/the lovey dovey scenes and seeing how worried Kang Chul is after hoodie guy makes his presence known. I'm enjoying all of your vids.

Edited by evie7
grammar and spelling
  • Like 8

Hi everyone,  I know it's already been questioned before but I need to confirm this once more,  isn't it So hee the one that we've seen on this BTS? I need to point this out once more as I've just noticed that Kang Chul patting her hair on that BTS pict on the left,  isn't it? Arghh am so curious as to why on earth would he need to pat Soo hee's hair or showing his affection to her :crazy:??

• Like 15

11 minutes ago, Plummpychan said:
Hi everyone,  I know it's already been questioned before but I need to confirm this once more,  isn't it So hee the one that we've seen on this BTS? I need to point this out once more as I've just noticed that Kang Chul patting her hair on that BTS pict on the left,  isn't it? Arghh am so curious as to why on earth would he need to pat Soo hee's hair or showing his affection to her :crazy:??

hahahahahaha well he ll try to make her the 1st lead of the webton again i guess so that she doesn't disappear 

• Like 10