[Drama 2016] W-Two Worlds 더블유

gangurhar

26 minutes ago, cheskaunnie said:

can someone tell me their shooting locations, i want to go there when i come to Seoul this coming January:grin: 

Visit this FB page and you can find addresses to some locations in "W" written in English too

• Like 7

This drama really is well received and loved all around the international blogosphere. I found a few more reviews for the last episode I want to share with all of you...

W-Two Worlds Episode 7 – A Steamy Adult Style Romance Recap

a12a34.png

Things heat up between our OTP (one true pairing) as they are reunited despite death, lack of drawing skills, and jail trying to keep them apart.  It seems like they are fated to be no matter what world they reside in.

a12a5.png

Episode 7 had a plethora of awesome moments which I will try to condense into my favorites so we are not here all night.  From emotional breakdowns, love confessions, and simple romantic moments, this episode had them all.  So if I skip over anything important, I apologize beforehand.  You are welcome to call me on it in the comments.

full review: https://dramaswithasideofkimchi.wordpress.com/2016/08/13/w-two-worlds-episode-7-a-steamy-adult-style-romance-recap/

---

W: Roles

The narrative twist that Kang-chul was in fact Yeon-joo’s creation instead of her dad’s explains a lot on why their fates seem intertwined. So it isn’t pure chance that Yeon-joo gets dragged into “W“‘s world. And that’s why Sung-moo’s right hand man, Soo-bong, who probably spends juz as much time in the studio as Sung-moo, doesn’t even get an entry pass into “W”.

w13

Whether it is Fate, or pure luck, that Yeon-joo gets to visit the world which she imagined, and which her dad flourished and populated, her being there messed up “W“‘s narrative. Not juz turning “W” from an action-thriller to a rom-com, but Yeon-joo also gets assigned a role — that of the female lead.

full review and analysis: https://nekosdrama.wordpress.com/2016/08/12/w-roles/

---

W: Two Worlds (Episode 7 commentary, pt 1)

[Spoilers through episode 7, tl;dr with copious screenshots under the cut]

I drastically underestimated the volume of commentary episode 7 would produce. Initially, I thought I was going to get all of my feelings out in a single editorial, but once I sat down and started working through some stuff I realized that if I did that, you guys would justifiable hate trying to trudge through it all. For that reason I’m going to break this into at least two parts. Possibly three depending on what rabbit trails I discover a long the way.

All that being said, there’s no specific organizational pattern in place here. Roughly, I’m talking about Kang Cheol’s mental/emotional state and the metaphysical mine field that is his and Yeon Joo’s romantic relationship. For part two I’ll focus more on Yeon Joo, her creative power over W and Kang Cheol himself and the implications wrt Cheol’s free will.

Let’s dive right in:

Changing Genres, Finding Purpose

Two very interesting things bubbled to the surface in episode 7. The first being the shift in genre from action thriller to romance. The second is the malleable nature of the comic book world itself, as highlighted by So Hui’s vanishing hand—I’ll have to come back to this in another post and focus on the first point now.

The shift in genre had already been hinted at during some of Yeon Joo’s previous visits to the comic book world, even outright stated by Yeon Joo herself. But episode 7 re-framed this discussion, not just as evidence of Yeon Joo’s influence over this world but as a conscious effort to save Kang Cheol’s life.

Up until recently, Kang Cheol has been driven by one prevailing desire: to find his family’s killer. That was the source of conflict and forward momentum in his story. Being told his parents’ killer was nothing more than a bald-faced plot device without an identity was in large part the trigger for Kang Cheol’s decision to throw himself into the Han. His very life has become a contrivance, none of his possessions have any significance anymore, his friends are mere fictional constructs. And Yeon Joo knows this and tries to combat it by giving him a new reason for living.

full commentary: http://itsbecauseiseeghosts.tumblr.com/post/148822139842/w-two-worlds-episode-7-commentary-pt-1

---

W: Two Worlds (Episode 7 commentary, pt 2)

There’s a fascinating theodicy at work in W. For those who don’t know, theodicy is essentially the reconciliation of the concept of a just God with the existence of evil in the world. What W is doing is a little different from traditional Judaeo-Christian theodicy, though. Because we first have to establish who the “god” in this scenario even is, whether the “god” of Cheol’s world is just at all, and what rights he or she has.

Cheol states the question this way:

imageimageimage

Does a creator (here a cartoonist) have the power of life and death over his creation? What freedom does the creator have in creation? What responsibility? And can all his or her actions still be justified if his creation is in possession of a free will? 

But wait, hold up…does free will even exist in this world? And if so, under what limitations does it exist?

That’s some heavy richard simmons for a Kdrama. I’m going to attempt to flesh out some of the complex metaphysics W is playing with through the course of my commentary and might not be able to do all of it justice.

full commentary: http://itsbecauseiseeghosts.tumblr.com/post/148864873092/w-two-worlds-episode-7-commentary-pt-2

• Like 11

i made a FMV for W OST part 3 with eng sub. :) i just wanna share it here~ hehehe :wub:

i honestly love this song so much! it's become my favorite now. it's so haunting and i love it! the meaning of the song tho.. :tears:makes me cry. it's so meaningful and beautiful! :wub:

• Like 14

Thanks @Rania Zeid for the updated filming photos! From the body and hair style, I think she looks more like Eugene than Hyojoo. 
As the filming goes so much earlier than what had aired, I really have no idea what kind of scene that they're filming. At this point, they might have finished filming up to episode 14 since last week we got a glimpse of their scenario film books which written episode 12 on it. I made some guesses of the timeline by the filming photos only I'm not really sure about it. But let me give it a try...

13744976_248983032161620_1837928123_n.jp

This photo of Hyojoo wearing necklace with ring as the pendant, posted a week ago.

13686917_1148700601855298_1472943734_n.j

Spotted filming outside. Wearing the same clothes.

13707148_563616187156111_937575432_n.jpg

Spotted filming inside her hospital. Still wearing the same clothes. So basically she's going to back to her real world and continues her life... I'm expecting this to be aired on episode 9? LOL

13767477_1782530132034189_255304628_n.jp

Spotted in Yeonjoo's hospital?

13628391_1671556753165051_1017474004_n.j

13658651_1737637949833948_1672096288_n.j

This one where I'm not sure... Chul seems to wear the same clothes only his hairstyle is a bit different. Reading the previous article that has been translated, it is said that whenever Chul goes to the real world, his style would be different than when he is in manhwa world, right? As there are a lot of his filming picture wearing those black clothes, I'm pretty sure Chul will go back again to the real world. Look closely to Yeonjoo's clothes in the last picture above, I think she is still wearing the same blue blouse (and notice her wristwatch! It's totally the same with the picture that posted by bh_ent) so all photos above are related to each other, I guess.

• Like 16

3 minutes ago, adeleyam said:

@hallyus the last 2 pictures that u posted was when Hyo Joo attended a Miu Miu event on 20th July. Its not part of the drama.. :D

Hi! thanks for correcting my mistake ㅋㅋㅋ I knew that it is not the part of the drama (I said that the photo taken not in the filming site). However, since the photo is recently posted by Hyojoo's stylist, I thought that she was attending an event just this week and that is why I thought she needs to make her hair longer for the drama needs! 

• Like 6

My daily W fix is watch a few gd fmv:

Today's pick again from Pure Violence

Surf at new images with #wtwoworlds tag

IMG_20160813_212957.jpgcredit: Hanaru-san

Follow soompi post on W

Which awesomely crossed 500pg n 10000 posts. Although we only had 1 ep this week, but ep 7 is so buzzworthy and so many scenes fr that episode os deeply ingrained in our minds

Im wondering as per @Rania Zeid earlier post that they will be a special airing monday.. Anybody gonna be streaming it? The timing does not allow me to watch. Hopefully it gets uploaded somewhere aft the broadcast.

• Like 17

29 minutes ago, stargazer187 said:

Kang Cheol Quiz

one

Hide contents

two

Hide contents

three

Hide contents

the femous four... hahahaahaha...

Hide contents

Seriously, who can pick only one to these options?

I can't stop replaying the scenes

Screencaps credit to W-Two Worlds W Facebook

Thank you @stargazer187 - me too!  Can't help repeating the vids on this ... LJS was serious in his propositions (business plans or whatever) - would you imagine if a guy give u such proposals and you have to like decide in less than a minute of 2? 

• Like 8