[Drama 2016] W-Two Worlds 더블유

gangurhar

21 minutes ago, sakura2016 said:

Raniaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! I'm so happy you're back!! I missed spazzing with you and your posts!! I screemed your name the second I saw your accounts photo of Lee Jong Seok!! I missed seeing it!! hope you had a great vication!! :D

and you managed to make me cry with your 1st post after your return!!! WEA chingu WEA?!!! :tears: 

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh no problem I'm super happy you're back you can make me cry for Kang Cheol all you want!! ;) 

don't worry he will remember that!! it is shocking and painful but he won't forget what she did for him, treating him like a real person when she knew from the tart who he really is, saving him and protecting him!! he won't forget that!! 

hahahahaha don't cry.. i m heree now :lol: happyy to see u agaiin nd miss uu a lott hhhh 

• Like 8

21 minutes ago, Rania Zeid said:

hahahahaha don't cry.. i m heree now :lol: happyy to see u agaiin nd miss uu a lott hhhh 

Kang Cheol in pain = me crying!! :tears: but I'd be happy crying because of your posts!! :D

15 minutes ago, Rania Zeid said:
  Hide contents

“You are…. the main character of that webtoon” 

I'm swooning :love: while feeling sorry for him!! :( 

• Like 7

7 hours ago, jaslinnj said:

I thought, let me have a peek. A peek did not harm anyone till now. But nooooo, I could NOT stop at that. Watched all 4 episodes in one night and now am back to getting frustrated. Can't wait for Wed-Thurs. 

Welcome to the club! I innocently just took a peak at a FMV on Youtube and stayed up to 2am watching 1 and 2.:D

2 hours ago, sakura2016 said:

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yes we need help!! :sweatingbullets: somehow I feel that Kang Cheol is real not only a webtoon character but how can that be if him shooting her didn't harm her? if he was real shouldn't she got hurt? and if he's like a real person she once knew how does she know him well if she knew him only when she was too little and if he's one she knew in older age she should remember and in any case how Kang Cheol knew her as well? she can really know him from the webtoon but even if he met her before in unkown way to us he couldn't have knew her in personal way!! I'm losing it here!! :blink: 

Me too! There are so many possibilities and I'm sure we won't come close to what writer-nim has in store for us. I did stop the vid like you said and there was blood on that arm. Thank you for pointing this out but I just feel there is a darker force/person behind this and I thinking it may be after SM since he's trying to kill Kang Chul off.

6 hours ago, drmjs said:

Anyway, SM is the only person in the drama who knows who the masked killer is, so it's kinda derivative to peg him as the killer. I mean, it's too easy imo. I suspect, since we have been shown that SM has lost control over his creation, the killer's identity must have changed too. The story we're shown isn't SM's anymore. In fact, the whole webtoon world is in suspended animation because the main protagonist took a vacation in the real world. :) 

I wonder how it has been since SM lost control of the story. He needs to make an appearance. (but just don't cut in on our OTP time) to  give us some answers... I take that back, whatever he has to say will probably just give us more questions than answers. I believe too that the W world has stopped.   

@Sur Kang Chul's car is a Lotus. I tried looking the model up on line but it was taking to slow to load. 

• Like 9

26 minutes ago, Rania Zeid said:

leejongsuk Filming WTwoWorlds

via: leejsrr

this is in his penthouse!! looks like his working room!! is he talking in the phone or just thinking?!! hhhhhhhhhhhhhhh all these question over a pic!! I am a lost cause!! :lol:

21 minutes ago, evie7 said:

Welcome to the club! I innocently just took a peak at a FMV on Youtube and stayed up to 2am watching 1 and 2.:D

Me too! There are so many possibilities and I'm sure we won't come close to what writer-nim has in store for us. I did stop the vid like you said and there was blood on that arm. Thank you for pointing this out but I just feel there is a darker force/person behind this and I thinking it may be after SM since he's trying to kill Kang Chul off.

I wonder how it has been since SM lost control of the story. He needs to make an appearance. (but just don't cut in on our OTP time) to  give us some answers... I take that back, whatever he has to say will probably just give us more questions than answers. I believe too that the W world has stopped.   

@Sur Kang Chul's car is a Lotus. I tried looking the model up on line but it was taking to slow to load. 

you're most welcome, glad I was helpful!! :) I agree with you the second we think we're close to figure what's going on we end up with a huge surprise waiting for us!! :lol: it can be true!! there must be a reason for him to think that Kang Cheol is a monster!! could he think that way only because Kang Cheol is getting stronger and taking controle over his life? and he said he'll eat Kang Cheol before being eaten by him!! what made him have that thought? I believe Kang Cheol did nothing wrong to be looked at that way!!

they showed us that the 1st time he lost his controle over Kang Cheol's story was on the bridge scene, drawing Kang Cheol falling in the water only to find him holding into the edge of the bridge the next morning!! but yes we need him to give us more clues and hints and questions to try finding its answers!! :D

33 minutes ago, Rania Zeid said:

Not sure if this posted b4, 

Cr:  Lee Jong Suk JSHINE 

I'M SO HAPPY AND PROUD OF MY BIAS (LEE JONG SEOK), "W" DRAMA AND ITS ENTIRE TEAM!! they deserve this fror their hard work!! :heart::heart: :heart: 

• Like 9

On 7/30/2016 at 8:53 AM, sakura2016 said:

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh no they just wants to torture us without killing!! :lol:

glad you joined us in W's world lets be tortured together all of us here!! :D this drama is so great at torturing us the right way, right?!! :D 

Haha torturing us to the point of becoming crazily in love with these two lovely couple.  I am afraid of what should I do when this drama ends.  It might be early of thinking about this but I am showing signs of becoming overly in love with the drama, characters, LJS & HJY.  I think I should make a reservation in the rehabilitation center for W-Two Worlds fanatics. Lol

• Like 10

Okay, since this is going to get long and my caps are pretty big, I'll put it behind a spoiler.

W - A Study in Colour Use 

(as noticed by me, so this is probably all bad conjecture but who knows!)

Warning: this is long and probably a bit more than slightly insane, but that's what this show does to me!

Spoiler

The use of colour in this show is pretty amazing in my opinion and looking through the eps, so deliberate that I can't help but make these crazy connections. 

The first thing I noticed, and therefor the first thing I will show, is how green is used by the show when either OYJ is being threatened or in danger, or when she travels to and from the W-world.

The first time OYJ wakes up in the W world she is surrounded by the green of the roof hotel:

W.E01.160720.720p-NEXT.mp4_snapshot_00.3

She's not surrounded by green when she comes back to the real world, but the next time she travels, she is standing in front of a cafe, but what we as the audience see is that once again she is surrounded by green: 

W.E02.160721.720p-NEXT.mp4_snapshot_00.1

Which carries her over into the W-world, where the green is shown to us via a tv screen to connect the two backgrounds: 

And this time when she returns to the real world she is quite literally framed in green: 

W.E02.160721.720p-NEXT.mp4_snapshot_00.4

Now, I've also said that green also denotes when she is in danger, but that is a bit wrong, mostly it's when she is isolated from the W-world because she doesn't belong there. 

The third time she goes to the W-world I didn't notice any particularly green bits, just shades on the store walls, so I might be off with my theories, but oh well. 

Here we have SH basically leading YJ to her arrest, flanked by green: 

W.E04.160728.720p-NEXT.mp4_snapshot_00.1

And as she sits by herself in the restaurant, her isolation and indeed her alien-ness become even more pronounced: 

She is quite literall put into the green corner: 

and could not stick out like a sore thumb more, if she tried:

It's kind of like an arrow pointing at her going: Look at her, she's different from everyone else!!

After her arrest and during her interrogation, the interrogation room is again green and she can only sit there alone and miserable because she is unable to talk about the truth. 

W.E04.160728.720p-NEXT.mp4_snapshot_00.2

and using the shot I've already shown before, you can basically see how these two characters are from two different worlds, with SH surrounded by her primary colour red, or shades of it (I'll come back to that later) and YJ once again surrounded by green and isolated behind bars and by a truth that is impossible to say out loud. 

What is also interesting: In Goethe's Theory of Colour, green and red are complementary colours (meaning they are across from each other on the colour wheel and thus have the most contrast from one another) and green was associated with the notion of 'useful' and red with 'beautiful'. That doesn't necessarily mean of course that this was when they thought about it, but it's something that came to me while I was thinking about it. And when a show has me googling about the evolution of colour theory, you know it's good :D.

When YJ returns to the real world the last time, the only green comes from the trees surrounding her, but unlike her previous return where the framing was close, this time she is isolated, even in her own, real world. 

W.E04.160728.720p-NEXT.mp4_snapshot_00.3

Anyway enough about YJ, let's talk about SH for a bit. The colour scheme I noticed for her was mainly on her wearing a lot of red-based colours, and red is in some colour theories the complement of blue or cyan which is KCs primary colour. 

As seen above, she wears red when she confronts YJ about her not admitting to the truth, but even the first time we meet her she is wearing pink:

W.E01.160720.720p-NEXT.mp4_snapshot_00.5

And the second time we see her she is wearing a sort of salmon-pink (with matching lipstick ofc :D): 

Now, she doesn't only wear red-based colours, but considering her (so far) limited screen time, it does seem to be her main one, but maybe that'll change as the series goes along.

Now we come to the main character of this show, and I think it's pretty undeniable to say that KC's main colour is blue. In fact, blue seems to be a very important colour when it comes to the 'villains' as well, but seeing as I don't know enough about the story there yet and we mostly see them at night time, so blue would not be so unusual, I am a bit hesitant to go on a conjecture hunt there (yet). 

The first time we see KC wearing non-bloodied/non hospital clothes and he's with our main heroine, he's wearing this denim-on-denim number, probably to show off how he is 70% leg (not that I blame him, they are nice legs!):

W.E02.160721.720p-NEXT.mp4_snapshot_00.3

Of course, the hoodie he was wearing when he stood on the Han river bridge was blue as well: 

W.E01.160720.720p-NEXT.mp4_snapshot_00.4

and as others have noted, rain also plays a pretty big symbolic role 

Another dramatic example is his blue suit in ep 3: 

W.E03.160727.720p-NEXT.mp4_snapshot_00.3

and after he takes of his suit jacket, the contrasts between him and YJ are extremely obvious, him in black and her in white:

W.E03.160727.720p-NEXT.mp4_snapshot_00.4

Not only is he threatening her, the distance between them in this shot is enormous, signifying the distance between them emotionally in this moment. Usually they're a lot closer together, and shortly after this moment she is in his arms once again, the distance having been crossed (since he shot her and she didn't bleed. Oh KC, you are a bit of an odd duck. Not that I mind, but please don't do that again...)

W.E03.160727.720p-NEXT.mp4_snapshot_00.5

In this scene they've basically switched colours, now he's the one in white and she's wearing blue, and he tells her he knows she can't escape/run away without him, He will protect her, basically acting as her conduit in this world, but he also sort of has ownership of her now.

He doesn't wear much blue in ep 4, nor is there much blue around him, but remember how green surrounds YJ when she crosses worlds? Well, guess what happens to KC when he comes to the real world:

W.E04.160728.720p-NEXT.mp4_snapshot_00.5

So. Much. Green. Now he's in YJ's world, and though she isn't in the scene, he's visually connected to her just by his surroundings.

Of course, much like the scene on the Han river bridge, he does a power-walk in the rain, bathed in blue: 

It looks like (very bright) night time, but that is a lot of blue, so I had to include it.

Also, the truck that almost killed KC when he matrixed himself to safety was also blue, but this ties into the villain thing for which I don't have enough clues yet, so i'm not including it yet. 

Anyway, if you've made it this far, THANK YOU, and I hope you don't think i'm completely insane, haha! 

I'm sure there's a lot of stuff I've missed, or maybe you've come to different conclusions or have additional ideas. Please tell me, I love talking about this kind of stuff (if that's not painfully evident yet :D.

• Like 22

8 hours ago, jaslinnj said:

Hey everyone, I;m new to W.  I thought I would watch it once it got over, so that i dont have to wait for every wed-thurs. I almost had it, till my sister mentioned one of the scenes. 

I thought, let me have a peek. A peek did not harm anyone till now. But nooooo, I could NOT stop at that. Watched all 4 episodes in one night and now am back to getting frustrated. Can't wait for Wed-Thurs. 

Hahaha. Welcome~!!!!

• Like 5

Hey guys ... how is everyone doing ?? Probably waiting for wednesday to come and counting the seconds just like me right ??

i feel like i'm left behind because of all the spazzing and articles and comments and all the hype coming from W recently ... even this thread is moving in a speed of light.. no wonder our drama got hight CPI and surpassed all the currently ongoing drama .. so proud !!!

Othrr then my personal business, what i do from wednesday to wednesday is watching and rewatching W, checking for any new updates stills or ost or making film or anythinfg, reading everyone's posts over here, reading all the articles related to the drama, checking reviews and reading all the comments because it make me feel happy with all the praises.. but unfortunately i couldn't do much this week since i'm very busy therefore all what i'll be doing is backreading the thread and i hope i can find everything in here ;)  i know i will since you guys are really very active and thank thank thank you soooo much for being part of this thread :D please if i'm missing something that'a not here let me know !!

I LOVE W, YOU LOVE W, THEREFORE I LOVE YOU ALL :D 

• Like 8

46 minutes ago, Miaruma said:

Okay, since this is going to get long and my caps are pretty big, I'll put it behind a spoiler.

Warning: this is long and probably a bit more than slightly insane, but that's what this show does to me!

Reveal hidden contents

The use of colour in this show is pretty amazing in my opinion and looking through the eps, so deliberate that I can't help but make these crazy connections. 

The first thing I noticed, and therefor the first thing I will show, is how green is used by the show when either OYJ is being threatened or in danger, or when she travels to and from the W-world.

The first time OYJ wakes up in the W world she is surrounded by the green of the roof hotel:

She's not surrounded by green when she comes back to the real world, but the next time she travels, she is standing in front of a cafe, but what we as the audience see is that once again she is surrounded by green: 

Which carries her over into the W-world, where the green is shown to us via a tv screen to connect the two backgrounds: 

And this time when she returns to the real world she is quite literally framed in green: 

Now, I've also said that green also denotes when she is in danger, but that is a bit wrong, mostly it's when she is isolated from the W-world because she doesn't belong there. 

The third time she goes to the W-world I didn't notice any particularly green bits, just shades on the store walls, so I might be off with my theories, but oh well. 

And as she sits by herself in the restaurant, her isolation and indeed her alien-ness become even more pronounced: 

It's kind of like an arrow pointing at her going: Look at her, she's different from everyone else!!

After her arrest and during her interrogation, the interrogation room is again green and she can only sit there alone and miserable because she is unable to talk about the truth. 

and using the shot I've already shown before, you can basically see how these two characters are from two different worlds, with SH surrounded by her primary colour red, or shades of it (I'll come back to that later) and YJ once again surrounded by green and isolated behind bars and by a truth that is impossible to say out loud. 

What is also interesting: In Goethe's Theory of Colour, green and red are complementary colours (meaning they are across from each other on the colour wheel and thus have the most contrast from one another) and green was associated with the notion of 'useful' and red with 'beautiful'. That doesn't necessarily mean of course that this was when they thought about it, but it's something that came to me while I was thinking about it. And when a show has me googling about the evolution of colour theory, you know it's good :D.

When YJ returns to the real world the last time, the only green comes from the trees surrounding her, but unlike her previous return where the framing was close, this time she is isolated, even in her own, real world. 

W.E04.160728.720p-NEXT.mp4_snapshot_00.3

Anyway enough about YJ, let's talk about SH for a bit. The colour scheme I noticed for her was mainly on her wearing a lot of red-based colours, and red is in some colour theories the complement of blue or cyan which is KCs primary colour. 

As seen above, she wears red when she confronts YJ about her not admitting to the truth, but even the first time we meet her she is wearing pink:

And the second time we see her she is wearing a sort of salmon-pink (with matching lipstick ofc :D): 

Now, she doesn't only wear red-based colours, but considering her (so far) limited screen time, it does seem to be her main one, but maybe that'll change as the series goes along.

Now we come to the main character of this show, and I think it's pretty undeniable to say that KC's main colour is blue. In fact, blue seems to be a very important colour when it comes to the 'villains' as well, but seeing as I don't know enough about the story there yet and we mostly see them at night time, so blue would not be so unusual, I am a bit hesitant to go on a conjecture hunt there (yet). 

The first time we see KC wearing non-bloodied/non hospital clothes and he's with our main heroine, he's wearing this denim-on-denim number, probably to show off how he is 70% leg (not that I blame him, they are nice legs!):

W.E02.160721.720p-NEXT.mp4_snapshot_00.3

Of course, the hoodie he was wearing when he stood on the Han river bridge was blue as well: 

W.E01.160720.720p-NEXT.mp4_snapshot_00.4

W.E03.160727.720p-NEXT.mp4_snapshot_00.3

and after he takes of his suit jacket, the contrasts between him and YJ are extremely obvious, him in black and her in white:

W.E03.160727.720p-NEXT.mp4_snapshot_00.4

Not only is he threatening her, the distance between them in this shot is enormous, signifying the distance between them emotionally in this moment. Usually they're a lot closer together, and shortly after this moment she is in his arms once again, the distance having been crossed (since he shot her and she didn't bleed. Oh KC, you are a bit of an odd duck. Not that I mind, but please don't do that again...)

W.E03.160727.720p-NEXT.mp4_snapshot_00.5

In this scene they've basically switched colours, now he's the one in white and she's wearing blue, and he tells her he knows she can't escape/run away without him, He will protect her, basically acting as her conduit in this world, but he also sort of has ownership of her now.

He doesn't wear much blue in ep 4, nor is there much blue around him, but remember how green surrounds YJ when she crosses worlds? Well, guess what happens to KC when he comes to the real world:

So. Much. Green. Now he's in YJ's world, and though she isn't in the scene, he's visually connected to her just by his surroundings.

Of course, much like the scene on the Han river bridge, he does a power-walk in the rain, bathed in blue: 

It looks like (very bright) night time, but that is a lot of blue, so I had to include it.

Also, the truck that almost killed KC when he matrixed himself to safety was also blue, but this ties into the villain thing for which I don't have enough clues yet, so i'm not including it yet. 

Anyway, if you've made it this far, THANK YOU, and I hope you don't think i'm completely insane, haha! 

I'm sure there's a lot of stuff I've missed, or maybe you've come to different conclusions or have additional ideas. Please tell me, I love talking about this kind of stuff (if that's not painfully evident yet :D.

I never even noticed the thing about the green. Wow :o. What does it mean?:mellow::huh:

• Like 10

‘W’ Displaces ‘Doctors’ as Top Korean Drama in Korea Nielsen’s CPI

The question which Korean drama will be able to replicate the viewership success of "Descendants of the Sun" has turned into a three-way contest with newcomer “W” emerging as the number now.

"W" displaced “Doctors” and “Uncontrollably Fond” in the latest CJ E&M and Nielsen Korea’s Content Power Index (CPI). The new Hallyu on its first week of run got 273.3 points, followed by “Doctors” with 266.4 and “Uncontrollably Fond,” with 242.4 points for the Wednesday-Thursday dramas, reported Soompi.

• Like 18

17 minutes ago, Academycute101 said:

I never even noticed the thing about the green. Wow :o. What does it mean?:mellow::huh:

I don't think it has to mean anything, maybe it will in the future, but right now, to me it just seems to connect YJ with her outside status in the W-World and in the ending scene of ep 4 it connects KC as an outsider to the real world, or at least that's how I interpret him landing among all that green. Because just like YJ doesn't (or didn't use to) belong in the W-World KC as a person doesn't belong in the real world. And in that way it connects the two of them together, because they now both have outsider-status . Let's see if this trend continues :D.

Haha, oop, i guess I contradicted myself >.> looks like I do think it has a meaning. 

• Like 7

52 minutes ago, traveljunkie84 said:

Haha torturing us to the point of becoming crazily in love with these two lovely couple.  I am afraid of what should I do when this drama ends.  It might be early of thinking about this but I am showing signs of becoming overly in love with the drama, characters, LJS & HJY.  I think I should make a reservation in the rehabilitation center for W-Two Worlds fanatics. Lol

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I agree with you!! it has only been two weeks since the drama started but I keep thinking that it will end and I feel sad!! :( 

Spoiler

there is Scarlet Heart: Ryeo (Lee Joo Ki's) drama that I'm waiting for it to start and I'm so excited to see Lee Joon Ki back in a new drama and he looks in his best their but it will start airing at the final week of W and it makes me sad to think about W ending!! :( 

1 hour ago, Miaruma said:

Hide contents

thank you for sharing your thoughts!! I enjoed reading it!! :D

33 minutes ago, MarieJose said:

Hey guys ... how is everyone doing ?? Probably waiting for wednesday to come and counting the seconds just like me right ??

i feel like i'm left behind because of all the spazzing and articles and comments and all the hype coming from W recently ... even this thread is moving in a speed of light.. no wonder our drama got hight CPI and surpassed all the currently ongoing drama .. so proud !!!

Othrr then my personal business, what i do from wednesday to wednesday is watching and rewatching W, checking for any new updates stills or ost or making film or anythinfg, reading everyone's posts over here, reading all the articles related to the drama, checking reviews and reading all the comments because it make me feel happy with all the praises.. but unfortunately i couldn't do much this week since i'm very busy therefore all what i'll be doing is backreading the thread and i hope i can find everything in here ;)  i know i will since you guys are really very active and thank thank thank you soooo much for being part of this thread :D please if i'm missing something that'a not here let me know !!

I LOVE W, YOU LOVE W, THEREFORE I LOVE YOU ALL :D 

we love you too!! :D 

don't worry you'll find everything related to W here and there is ALOT of goodies so you'll have agreat time while backtracking all the pages you missed!! :D 

• Like 6

Morning everyone...Its  just one day more to episod 5.Last night I dream about W.But my dreaming just so so.I say why this dram just like this.Then I just realized its just a dream.To many melodrama in my dream.I still frust why no kissing scene in my dreaming:phew:

This drama too secret because we didnt get the spoiler.So it  wii give more mystery in here...:w00t:

• Like 5

I just google in wikipedia about bodyguard:P because I know him  from Mister drama...I just surprised he is 21 age and born 1995 year.Then the secretary SH same age with Kang Chul in real life..I know her  from moorim school.

Why W make me doing all this ?:phew:  

• Like 7