[Drama 2016] W-Two Worlds 더블유

gangurhar

Very interesting thread from dramabeans! 

Prettysup July 30th, 2016 at 8:18 PM

Is it safe to say here that I am not that sucked into W as everyone else? I am in ep 3 and I find it kind of weird that KC can turn back the clock (that car crash scene). Anyway I will continue with this I guess, since I have nothing else to watch after Beautiful Mind ends next week. Ahh, definitely going to miss Young Oh.

• 4.1 Sancheezy July 30th, 2016 at 8:31 PM

wait, I think he didn’t turn back the clock,
    he just make it slower since in webtoon, it is his/main character pace that count.
    what happen in real world take longer in the webtoon so what already draw is not happen instantly, it still in the process.
    His awareness make him the glitch but because he is the main chara, he can move on his own without the support of other webtoon chara, while the other chara can’t proceed without him.

well that’s my understanding on the situation.

• [edited out]
    •  
  • 4.2 DramaMama July 30th, 2016 at 8:40 PM

He didn’t turn back time, it actually paused. But he didn’t pause it on purpose, it was due to his sudden awareness that something odd was happening and he suspected a force outside of his “world”.

It does seem like KC's self- awareness is a HUGE factor in all these events
  • Like 13

On 7/30/2016 at 9:27 AM, Adnana said:

I do understand SH's point of view. She's been by KC's side for many years, whereas YJ is the new girl on the block and as such may be considered an interloper in KC and SH's relationship (which is why most of the webtoon readers seem to prefer SH still, as KC's romantic prospect.)

I base my belief that SH was at least a little bit jealous of YJ (not even necessarily in a romantic way) off the fact that, out of KC's two close friends (the secretary and the bodyguard), it was SH who had the more hostile reaction to KC calling YJ the key to his life. And KC thought that SH would be angry when she saw the video of the kiss with YJ. Why should SH care who KC kisses if there's no romantic attachment?

And if SH was jealous, then it had to have influenced her desire to get YJ away from KC (by handing her over to the police); there's no way she could be 100% objective about YJ.

But all right, even if SH wasn't jealous and even if she was 100% motivated only by her desire to protect KC-- she still abused her position and went against her boss' express orders. It's fine for her to doubt KC's judgement, but she has no right to take away KC's agency by overriding his decisions. As a secretary who sabotaged her boss' plan, she was way out of line and deserved to be fired. Even as a friend, her actions are questionable. This belief of hers that she knows better, like she's the only one in possession of the absolute truth, pisses me off. You may argue with your friends, advise them to do things differently, but you shouldn't try to force them to do what *you* want. That's really overstepping the bounds of even friendship.

I do think that SH is a classy lady; I liked that she tried to protect YJ during the gun episode. But aside from that, she proved to be an untrustworthy employee and a self-righteous friend--neither of which traits makes me like her, exactly.

Amen!  She had no right to turn Yeon Joo in to the police. Her "If she's innocent they will let her go" is laughable. It took how long for Kang Chul to get released? There are innocent people who get detained, tried and convicted every day. I don't buy that she was doing this for his own good at all.   

Edited by evie7
  • Like 14

Just now, evie7 said:

Amen!  She had no right to turn Yeon Joo in to the police. Her "If she's innocent they will let her go" is laughable. It took how long for Kang Chul to get released? There are innocent people who get detained, tried and convicted every day. I don't buy that she was doing this for his own good at all.   

Yeah, I thought that was an asinine excuse. Her ENTIRE JOB has been helping KC solve cold cases - project people that have been falsely accused because of "common sense" - but her go-to excuse is that if YJ's innocent, the police will just believe her and let her go??? She's lucky KC said let's stay friends ^^;;

• Like 14

Seriously badass charm

006wu1Jfjw1f69frjljccg309q09q4mn.gif

On a different note im recalling early in ep 4 when the ahjussi police friend ask about him n SH. When would they get together. I didn't get the impression that they are dating or were they?? SH seems interested in him romatically but KC not so. We only know he told her to only speak to him in banmal if alone. Hmmm..

• Like 13

Hello!

I am joining the bandwagon obsessed with this drama! :wub:

I am very choosy in watching kdramas and just have a few up my list but eversince i heard HHJ comeback I quickly tried to checked out her latest series and i am hooked!

Not only is the storyline so darn good and interesting, this is one drama where both main characters are already (kinda) drawn together in an instant. No more waiting, haha. Plus I don't mind the kissing scene in every episode.

• Like 12

Oh, the pretty. Oh my. I want more pictures from this scene~!!!

37 minutes ago, lee-chan said:

Hello!

I am joining the bandwagon obsessed with this drama! :wub:

I am very choosy in watching kdramas and just have a few up my list but eversince i heard HHJ comeback I quickly tried to checked out her latest series and i am hooked!

Not only is the storyline so darn good and interesting, this is one drama where both main characters are already (kinda) drawn together in an instant. No more waiting, haha. Plus I don't mind the kissing scene in every episode.

WELCOME~!!! Yeah, as a drama fan for over 10 years and a (sob) full-grown adult (...not that you could judge that by my spastic squee-ing in this thread...) I've gotten pretty picky with my dramas as well...even when my favorite actors are involved. But this drama has me acting like I'm 22 again, hahaha. 

And yup. I hope the "Oh, darn, I need to do something shocking...I guess I have to kiss this super hot guy, it's all I can come up with!" will continue. And seriously, can you blame her? If I got transported into a webtoon staring KC/LJS, that's all I'd be able to come up with as well!

• Like 13

2 hours ago, IBELIS said:

Just finished watching the first four episodes and wow can't figure out why I was dragging my feet on this one. When I started watching I thought they were in different dimensions or worlds, not 3D vs 2D It stands to reason that once our male lead reads those book he would be out for revenge because regardless of what the 3D world  thinks this has been KC's life and all his misery and suffering has been caused by YJ's dad. 

I found it interest how easily KC accepted that he was a comic book character, I would think something like that would be hard to swallow. Since YJ father and his assistant's are no longer telling the story who is? Why does YJ dad suddenly see's KC as evil and wants to kill him off? If KC did not kill his family who did and why? Questions. questions I will find it hard waiting for the answers.

welcome to W's thread and hope we'll habe a great time all of us here enjoing this great drama together!! :D

we still need to know what Kang Cheol will do after facing Yeon Joo's father but I'm sure he won't kill him or stab/hhot him!!

Kang Cheol had many unreasonable things that are happening in his life and Yeon Joo intering his life made him be sure that there is someone out of his world that is behind all this and that's why he couldn't find the one or a clue to lead them to the one behind all the questionable incidents in his life and believed and that Yeon Joo is from that world to be able to know everything about him (like an open book not knowing that his life is litteraly an open book in the real world) and he was expecting everything (but the fact that he's not real) and after hearing the truth from Yeon Joo everything that didn't make sens made a perfect (and only) sens!! 

• Like 4

On 7/30/2016 at 11:23 AM, sakura2016 said:

I'm alway happy to read more people LOVING our drama as it diserves!! :D

but why are they promising us a great things for episode 7 and 8? I know that I can trust them to give me GREAT things in every episode!! why am I scared that they'll crush my heart in episode 5 and 6 and that's why they are giving us this promice?!! please be goot to me/my heart!! deal?!!

OMG I had not thought about that...Oh please writer-nim don't give us too much angst and make us wait a while week. I hope our hearts aren't crushed too.

On 7/30/2016 at 1:43 PM, juju84 said:

Btw, guys what do you think about the light screen in general? I'm curious who/what serves as the catalysis for it to appear. Is it KC or YJ or something else? In both cases KC's life was in danger: first time he was near death and the second time he was in danger of being forever suspended as the only living person in W. Also both times YJ was really upset about KC dying or something bad happening to him.

It has to be Yeon Joo's emotions. She was upset when he was going to end it all all those years ago on that bridge  and that's when he began to have the power to change the story.  She has to be that catalysis. I also don't believe he's going to try to kill himself either. If he didn't go through with ending it all because he lost his family (which has to be one of the most devastating things out there) Why would he do it now? It doesn't make any sense to me.

@thea2410 You have been on fire w/the fmvs Thank You they are awesome:heart:

• Like 6

2 hours ago, sharreb said:

Seriously badass charm

On a different note im recalling early in ep 4 when the ahjussi police friend ask about him n SH. When would they get together. I didn't get the impression that they are dating or were they?? SH seems interested in him romatically but KC not so. We only know he told her to only speak to him in banmal if alone. Hmmm..

they didn't have a romatic relationship, they are only friends and she's his assitant but she's concidered one of the three most important people in Kang Cheol's life and she's the only female to add to that and she have feeling for him which he knows of but doesn't return and that's why the ajhussi told him that they were waiting for them to marry since she's the only close and special woman in his life (till Yeon Joo came :D)!!

39 minutes ago, Harukogirl said:
cr: as marked

This one is so pretty....

It's Just a Phrase 

cr: http://dalpengi.tumblr.com/

lols I love these gif sets. This one is awesome

#three kisses in five episodes must be some kind of record

Cr: http://sseureki.tumblr.com/

Record setting is good. I say keep'em coming!:blush:

I can't wait for them to say the word I love you for real!! :wub: and specially from Yeon Joo since she kep telling them only for a cliffhanger for now!! thinking about it make me melt and swoon like a crazy!! :wub::wub::wub: 

1 hour ago, Harukogirl said:

Oh, the pretty. Oh my. I want more pictures from this scene~!!!

WELCOME~!!! Yeah, as a drama fan for over 10 years and a (sob) full-grown adult (...not that you could judge that by my spastic squee-ing in this thread...) I've gotten pretty picky with my dramas as well...even when my favorite actors are involved. But this drama has me acting like I'm 22 again, hahaha. 

And yup. I hope the "Oh, darn, I need to do something shocking...I guess I have to kiss this super hot guy, it's all I can come up with!" will continue. And seriously, can you blame her? If I got transported into a webtoon staring KC/LJS, that's all I'd be able to come up with as well!

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh you're 100% right!! :lol:

I know that I'd love all the cliffhangers she'll come up with and even those Kang Cheol may help her with them :lol: but I want these things to be real soon!! :D 

8 minutes ago, evie7 said:

OMG I had not thought about that...Oh please writer-nim don't give us too much angst and make us wait a while week. I hope our hearts aren't crushed too.

It has to be Yeon Joo's emotions. She was upset when he was going to end it all all those years ago on that bridge  and that's when he began to have the power to change the story.  She has to be that catalysis. I also don't believe he's going to try to kill himself either. If he didn't go through with ending it all because he lost his family (which has to be one of the most devastating things out there) Why would he do it now? It doesn't make any sense to me.

@thea2410 You have been on fire w/the fmvs Thank You they are awesome:heart:

I hope so too!! I can't see Kang Cheol in more pain!! :tears:

it can't be!! when Kang Cheol started taking controle over his life on the bridge scene Yeon Joo was unaware of the fact that he was to be killed to begin with and only knew about it from her father when he saw for herself that Kang Cheol does exist for real, and the window between the two worlds did open even without her emotion involvment (Kang Cheol puled her father to hi world before pulling her as well and she knew nothing about her father trying to kill him at that time) and even when she wa desperate to stop her father from killing him in the hospital scene she transpoted to Kang Cheol's world without the appearance of that window!! the only constant things that were linked to the appearace of the window was Kang Cheol being in a really bad mental and emotional state at those moments but the other elements changed:

1/ Kang Cheol in a bad mental and emotional state +being in life threatening situation + Yeon Joo unaware of his state

==> the window appeared and he pulled Yeon Joo's father into his world!!

2/ Kang Cheol in a bad mental and emotional state +being in life threatening situation + Yeon Joo is desperate for him to be saved

==> the window apeared and he he pulled Yeon Joo to his world!!

3/ Kang Cheol in a bad mental and emotional state +being in life threatening situation + Yeon Joo is terrified for him

==> the window eppeared and he entered the real world!!

as we can see Yeon Joo's feelings were only in 2 of 3 times the window appeared which means that her emotions aren't linked to the apearance of the window and dispite Kang Cheol being in life threatening danger in all the three times the window appeared to him still that eliment took place in other incidents (car accident, the hospital incident) but the window didn't appeare at those times which means that it is not linked to the apearcance of the window!!

but for all the times Kang Cheol managed to reach the real world the window it appeared to him in his world was always the screen of Yeon Joo's father in the eal world!! his bloodied hand pulled Yeon Joo and her father through Yeon Joo's father's screen and he entered the real world fully through the same sceen!! so that screen is linked to all thi and it is his window to get in and out of both worlds!!

• Like 17

54 minutes ago, ms_kdramalover said:

I have come here. To Oh Yeon Joo’s WorldI wanted to say goodbye for the last time:bawling:

chingu I was about to go to sleep ang you made me cry!! WEA?!! ah...the look in his eyes...it kills me!! :bawling: 

but like our chingu @irenetan said before we should blame Lee Jong Seok for being so talented and make us feel for Kang Cheol and cry for and with him!! :P 

this from me before going to sleep!! :D DB staff opinion about our AWESOME darma W!! :D 

DRAMA REACTIONS & REVIEWS

Team Dramabeans: What we’re watching

by DB Staff | July 30, 2016 | 203 Comments

read here:  http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/07/team-dramabeans-what-were-watching-10/

javabeans

W: Wow, now that’s the stuff: cool, fresh, and gripping. Every minute is jam-packed, and no moment wasted. It’s liberating to be able to watch something and just put your faith in the writer to take you somewhere awesome. Wheeee!

gummimochi

W—Two Worlds: Love, love, love. Fast-paced and filled with intriguing characters, just thinking about this show excites me. Oh, and it doesn’t hurt that Lee Jong-seok is so very pretty. I love how Kang Chul pushes the boundaries of his own world, and I find endless pleasure in watching Yeon-joo’s numerous attempts to making the chapter end. But you won’t find me complaining if that equates to more smooches.

SailorJumun

W—Two Worlds: Is it even possible to love a drama this much this early in the game? It’s a little unnerving, but I’m willing to roll with it. I’m even willing to go ahead and pop the biggest W question of all: Will you marry me, Show?

tineybeanie

W-Two Worlds: This is fantastic. I marathoned the first three episodes, because this drama is as addictive as kettlecorn. Of course there are some minor plot holes (like the entire concept of the conveniently placed inter-world time-space portals) and deus ex machina moments, but overall, it’s pretty and exciting. The actors are engaging, and the plot, while somewhat oddly paced, moves along quickly.

mary

W: Please don’t talk to me. I’m trying to store every precious scene in my long-term memory.

AND

DRAMA CASTING & NEWS

Drama viewership ratings for the week of July 25-31, 2016

by HeadsNo2 | July 31, 2016 | 158 Comments

read here: http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/07/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-july-25-31-2016/

Spoiler

dramaratings_2.jpg

It’s interesting to see how Bring It On, Ghost is pulling in the same or higher ratings thanBeautiful Mind, which is all the more significant because Ghost is on a cable network. The times, they are a changin’.

The Wednesday-Thursday lineup has been seeing some changes since the advent of W—Two Worlds, which quickly surpassed Uncontrollably Fond’s ratings to reach first place in the time slot. It’ll be interesting to see whether this dynamic changes in the coming weeks, or whether W’s originality will create a ratings hit for the oft-overlooked MBC network.

Spoiler

Over on the weekend, Age of Youth continues to pull in relatively low numbers, whilePolice Unit 38 and The Good Wife battle it out for the top cable spot. As far as the bonafide weekend circuit, no surprises there—Five Kids continues to dominate, but Flower in Prison seems poised to take the top spot once Five Kids ends.

Drama viewership ratings for the week of July 25-31, 2016

Spoiler
  Ep. # Station Rating
Monday, July 25      
Beautiful Mind 11 KBS 3.4%
Monster 35 MBC 10.7%
Doctors 11 SBS 19.2%
Bring It On, Ghost 5 tvN 3.5%
Tuesday, July 26      
Beautiful Mind 12 KBS 3.9%
Monster 36 MBC 11.3%
Doctors 12 SBS 18.7%