[Drama 2016] W-Two Worlds 더블유

gangurhar

7 hours ago, minhoshin said:

OMOOOOO!

Lemme join the bandwagon!
I happened to be an active member in another forum but since my ship sunk...
Lemme join you guys in here!!!

Jong Suk-ah has always been a bias.
That dangerous creature should know how a single look from him could kill a thousand hearts.
UGH. W is sooooo jjang!!!!

I hope to see more of your thoughts guys!
and please adopt me too in here.. keke
:blush:

*prettyy puhleeeeasssee*

sure thing!! Welcome to W thread and lets have great fun all of us here sharing our love and excitement for thi great drama!! :D

that gif (Lee Jon Seok) is so cute!! :wub: 

6 hours ago, nonski said:

Hello Worldiz!

been out of touch since friday... :( didn't have a very good connection.

everyone excited for W day i bet... around 31 hours to go before the big day!

uhmmm i want to share the fanmade mv i've done over the weekend, sadly it's blocked on youtube, i uploaded it on vimeo instead.

hope you enjoy it. thanks!

@Mau_Cherry @Shajoona

thank you for the video!! I hoep you'll keep making more for our drama/OTP!! :wub: 

7 hours ago, lovely_skham said:

W Parody Video: LJS IS THE REAL CHARACTER AND HHJ IS THE MANHWA CHARACTER

만약 강철이 아니라 연주가 만찢녀라면?! 크리에이터 이감독님(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihWoLAg8zjc)과 MBC가 함께 한 <W>패러디 영상! ‪#‎W‬ ‪#‎더블유‬ ‪#‎이종석‬ ‪#‎한효주‬ ‪#‎이감독‬ ‪#‎Wparady‬  ‪#‎leejongsuk‬‪#‎hanhyojoo‬

via MBC FB

6 hours ago, Rania Zeid said:

What if Han Hyo Joo is the main character of a webtoon instead?

via:  amyhsk

that was good!! I usually don't like parody videos but this was made in a good way!! :)

• Like 9

5 hours ago, ms_kdramalover said:

This shop assistant, she represents whole fandom. :lol:

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhh not only her, everyone on the mall was looking at Kang Cheol!! they didn't even look at Yeon Joo till she slaped him then kissed him!! :lol: this is the 1st time I see such a thing, people used to look at both leads but focus on one of them but here it's ALL Kang Cheol!! :lol:

4 hours ago, andy78 said:

Sci-fi drama 'W' takes top spot on CPI chart

SEOUL, Aug. 2 (Yonhap) -- "W," a sci-fi drama about a cartoon hero coming to life, took the top spot on a TV popularity chart in its first week of broadcast, data showed Tuesday.

The series scored 273.3 points on the Content Power Index (CPI) for the week of July 18-24, dethroning the medical drama "Doctors," which scored 266.4 points.

The index, developed by entertainment company CJ E&M and media ratings company Nielsen Korea, measures the popularity of TV shows based on the number of views of related news stories, keyword searches and mentions on social media.

"W," a Wednesday-Thursday series on MBC TV, stars Lee Jong-suk as the handsome and rich hero of the webtoon of the same name, and Han Hyo-joo as the real life doctor who is drawn into the virtual world of the cartoon.

Four episodes in, the series has received positive reviews for its fast pace -- the two protagonists have kissed twice already -- and the realization of the new buzzword "manjjitnam" in Lee. Manjjitnam is an abbreviation for "man who has jumped out of a cartoon" and refers to unrealistically handsome men.

In third place was the KBS series "Uncontrollably Fond," starring top stars Kim Woo-bin and Bae Suzy. The Korean remake of the hit American drama "The Good Wife" stayed in sixth place.

Popular variety shows "Infinite Challenge" and "The King of Mask Singer" ranked fourth and fifth, respectively.

Stills from the MBC drama "W" (Yonhap)

hague@yna.co.kr

(END)

CONGRATULATIONS !!!

I'm so happy for Lee Jong Seok and the drama's entire team!! :D 

so they made a new buzz word to refer at Lee Jong Seok calling him a "manjjitnam"?!! it suits him perfectly!! I'm so happy for him!! :wub: 

• Like 11

@Rania Zeid Thank you for these MVs and pics! And @nonski Daebak! I adore your compilation. :wub: Totally made my morning!

1 hour ago, lovely_skham said:

The Idea is common? My apologies but common because of?........

For the past 5 years that I have been engrossed in watching k-dramas I have yet to see this concept. What you maybe referring to is the deeply rooted idea which is a man fated to meet a woman and they find love in their encounter. To me that is the entire premise of a romantic drama but the journey and the rest is fresh to me. Ideas like this need to be as simple as possible and everything else is the part to connect it altogether. Time travel may have been done before but to refer to it as common is not quite the adjective to describe it.  

They have already established that KC's world is not the real one but the comic book world...... So again I am not sure as to what you maybe hinting at other than maybe they're will be a twist in the sense where OYJ's world is not real either but episode 4 was about the reveal of the Manhwa world which is the reason why KC was upset and we the audience will be shown more of the impact it had in episode 5. I do agree that there are more problems to be solved and being that everything up to episode 4 has been showcased to us I can safely say I haven't a clue as to how the story will unfold.

Also lastly I want to address this doctor theme...... What doctor theme? We have yet to tap into her world where you can even link it to a theme. OYJ is a resident doctor which is a character profile and we were told the bare minimum about her life, just enough where we can understand how she saves KC on the rooftop. There is so much going on that the "Doctor" theme you mentioned to me is pretty non-existent. The theme is reality vs. non-reality and will their love survive knowing that one is not real. 

I hope you don't take offence to me addressing your comment but I felt inclined to respond because of how much I love "W" and my views were quite the opposite of yours. 

I think, and please correct me if I'm wrong, that @safanta92 is trying to say that the drama's "idea is simple", like the drama's storyboard is based off of both worlds being manwhas. That YJ's world is a doctor's manwha and KC's is action themed. From safanta92's comment, I gathered that they feel that the storyline is a simple, easy concept. As if we, the viewers are in a manwha shop and are "reading" dramas. Ugh. I'm having trouble explaining it. Perhaps they can explain in more depth. But I don't think they were saying that the concept has been done before. It's the story's set up that is simple to understand. We just don't see it yet since we were set up in YJ's world, thinking its the "real world". Actually this would be a neat story line, if that's what @safanta92 was referring to. Did I confuse ya all some more? 

Thanks again for feeding our W fire!

• Like 9

@poisonic

I was also thinking if this would be part of their story. But we know somehow, at some point, he's going to fall madly in love with her :) from the clip, it seemed genuine that he was saying goodbye to her. We can't tell from the preview whether he decided to go see her after the confrontation with her dad or before. I am getting so antsy about this drama lol it's really affecting my quality of life. 

I noticed MBC is not releasing the BTS as frequently, right? Or is that just me? haha

Looking forward to tomorrow!

• Like 10

4 hours ago, Rania Zeid said:

W-Two Worlds New BTS Stills update.

Article: https://t.co/KkdL84N60X

so this BTS still that we had around a week ago is from filming the scene when Kang Cheol and Do Yoon are starting their friendship too!! :D

cr: mbcdrama_w

is this their 1st meeting?!! :w00t: 

Co1xExGUEAEnJO0.jpg

cr: Article: https://t.co/KkdL84N60X

• Like 17

@_yellowcarina_  I think he sees her after he meets her dad???  It seems like he goes to the bookstore during the daytime and meets her at night. Even if his first thought coming out of the webtoon was to find YJ, once he gets distracted by the horror of his webtoon reality I'd wager he detours into trying to find his creator. Saying goodbye to YJ seems like a last pit-stop on his way to the bridge. If he really means to jump from the bridge, he must feel his mission (confronting the one responsible) is complete. Of course, this show is wholly unpredictable and really a part of me is still nervous about acts of stupidity like using YJ for revenge or something but cooler heads on this thread have largely convinced me otherwise.   :)

@foxvanilla I too am drawn to sci-fi/fantasy themes. It's also difficult to see them done well, so I am very pleased so far with W. You can really tell the writer storyboarded the hell out of this plot and now it's up to the PD, actors and crew to bring her vision to life. Time constraints are always a bear but filming so much early as they have likely means not too much of the writer's vision has been left to the wayside. That can be deadly to a sci-fi/fantasy story since so much teeters on the mythology being tight enough for us to make the necessary leaps of faith.

I love this show to pieces! I've rewatched the first four episodes sooooooo many times. Thank you, gif-makers and gif-sharers and thank you for all the artwork, they are so very lovely!!! Woohoo, tomorrow is W-day! Finally! I know I'll probably be crying during tomorrow's ep but I'm so freaking happy to be getting some new material to chew on.

• Like 12

1 hour ago, lovely_skham said:

The Idea is common? My apologies but common because of?........

For the past 5 years that I have been engrossed in watching k-dramas I have yet to see this concept. What you maybe referring to is the deeply rooted idea which is a man fated to meet a woman and they find love in their encounter. To me that is the entire premise of a romantic drama but the journey and the rest is fresh to me. Ideas like this need to be as simple as possible and everything else is the part to connect it altogether. Time travel may have been done before but to refer to it as common is not quite the adjective to describe it.  

They have already established that KC's world is not the real one but the comic book world...... So again I am not sure as to what you maybe hinting at other than maybe they're will be a twist in the sense where OYJ's world is not real either but episode 4 was about the reveal of the Manhwa world which is the reason why KC was upset and we the audience will be shown more of the impact it had in episode 5. I do agree that there are more problems to be solved and being that everything up to episode 4 has been showcased to us I can safely say I haven't a clue as to how the story will unfold.

Also lastly I want to address this doctor theme...... What doctor theme? We have yet to tap into her world where you can even link it to a theme. OYJ is a resident doctor which is a character profile and we were told the bare minimum about her life, just enough where we can understand how she saves KC on the rooftop. There is so much going on that the "Doctor" theme you mentioned to me is pretty non-existent. The theme is reality vs. non-reality and will their love survive knowing that one is not real. 

I hope you don't take offence to me addressing your comment but I felt inclined to respond because of how much I love "W" and my views were quite the opposite of yours. 

I love and agree with every word you said!! :D :thumbsup: 

1 hour ago, poisonic said:

This kissing scene

Does anyone have the feeling that KC is going to toy with YJ's feelings so he can reach her dad and hurt him since he knows their relationship :( I hope I'm mistaken because i really like YJ, I don't want her to get hurt :(

don't worry chingu, Kang Cheol won't do that!! he's not that kind of a person!! when he wants to take his revenge he will do it to his enemie directly not using those close to him!! plus he won't forget what Yeon Joo did for him: how she saved his life against her father's will to kill him and protected him many times!! so don't worry about that!! :D

1 hour ago, mabelialong said:

thank you for sharing!! that was lovely!! :wub: 

25 minutes ago, Prof_Talk said:

#KDrama "W" Episode 2 Recap in #K2BlackAndWhite 

thank you for sharing!! :D

• Like 10

17 hours ago, Miaruma said:

Okay, since this is going to get long and my caps are pretty big, I'll put it behind a spoiler.

W - A Study in Colour Use 

(as noticed by me, so this is probably all bad conjecture but who knows!)

Warning: this is long and probably a bit more than slightly insane, but that's what this show does to me!

Hide contents

The use of colour in this show is pretty amazing in my opinion and looking through the eps, so deliberate that I can't help but make these crazy connections. 

The first thing I noticed, and therefor the first thing I will show, is how green is used by the show when either OYJ is being threatened or in danger, or when she travels to and from the W-world.

The first time OYJ wakes up in the W world she is surrounded by the green of the roof hotel:

W.E01.160720.720p-NEXT.mp4_snapshot_00.3

W.E01.160720.720p-NEXT.mp4_snapshot_00.3

She's not surrounded by green when she comes back to the real world, but the next time she travels, she is standing in front of a cafe, but what we as the audience see is that once again she is surrounded by green: 

W.E02.160721.720p-NEXT.mp4_snapshot_00.1

Which carries her over into the W-world, where the green is shown to us via a tv screen to connect the two backgrounds: 

W.E02.160721.720p-NEXT.mp4_snapshot_00.1

And this time when she returns to the real world she is quite literally framed in green: 

W.E02.160721.720p-NEXT.mp4_snapshot_00.4

Now, I've also said that green also denotes when she is in danger, but that is a bit wrong, mostly it's when she is isolated from the W-world because she doesn't belong there. 

The third time she goes to the W-world I didn't notice any particularly green bits, just shades on the store walls, so I might be off with my theories, but oh well. 

Here we have SH basically leading YJ to her arrest, flanked by green: 

W.E04.160728.720p-NEXT.mp4_snapshot_00.1

And as she sits by herself in the restaurant, her isolation and indeed her alien-ness become even more pronounced: 

She is quite literall put into the green corner: 

and could not stick out like a sore thumb more, if she tried:

It's kind of like an arrow pointing at her going: Look at her, she's different from everyone else!!

After her arrest and during her interrogation, the interrogation room is again green and she can only sit there alone and miserable because she is unable to talk about the truth. 

W.E04.160728.720p-NEXT.mp4_snapshot_00.2

and using the shot I've already shown before, you can basically see how these two characters are from two different worlds, with SH surrounded by her primary colour red, or shades of it (I'll come back to that later) and YJ once again surrounded by green and isolated behind bars and by a truth that is impossible to say out loud. 

W.E04.160728.720p-NEXT.mp4_snapshot_00.2

What is also interesting: In Goethe's Theory of Colour, green and red are complementary colours (meaning they are across from each other on the colour wheel and thus have the most contrast from one another) and green was associated with the notion of 'useful' and red with 'beautiful'. That doesn't necessarily mean of course that this was when they thought about it, but it's something that came to me while I was thinking about it. And when a show has me googling about the evolution of colour theory, you know it's good :D.

When YJ returns to the real world the last time, the only green comes from the trees surrounding her, but unlike her previous return where the framing was close, this time she is isolated, even in her own, real world. 

W.E04.160728.720p-NEXT.mp4_snapshot_00.3

Anyway enough about YJ, let's talk about SH for a bit. The colour scheme I noticed for her was mainly on her wearing a lot of red-based colours, and red is in some colour theories the complement of blue or cyan which is KCs primary colour. 

As seen above, she wears red when she confronts YJ about her not admitting to the truth, but even the first time we meet her she is wearing pink:

W.E01.160720.720p-NEXT.mp4_snapshot_00.5

And the second time we see her she is wearing a sort of salmon-pink (with matching lipstick ofc :D): 

W.E02.160721.720p-NEXT.mp4_snapshot_00.4

Now, she doesn't only wear red-based colours, but considering her (so far) limited screen time, it does seem to be her main one, but maybe that'll change as the series goes along.

Now we come to the main character of this show, and I think it's pretty undeniable to say that KC's main colour is blue. In fact, blue seems to be a very important colour when it comes to the 'villains' as well, but seeing as I don't know enough about the story there yet and we mostly see them at night time, so blue would not be so unusual, I am a bit hesitant to go on a conjecture hunt there (yet). 

The first time we see KC wearing non-bloodied/non hospital clothes and he's with our main heroine, he's wearing this denim-on-denim number, probably to show off how he is 70% leg (not that I blame him, they are nice legs!):

W.E02.160721.720p-NEXT.mp4_snapshot_00.3

Of course, the hoodie he was wearing when he stood on the Han river bridge was blue as well: 

W.E01.160720.720p-NEXT.mp4_snapshot_00.4

and as others have noted, rain also plays a pretty big symbolic role 

W.E01.160720.720p-NEXT.mp4_snapshot_00.5

Another dramatic example is his blue suit in ep 3: 

W.E03.160727.720p-NEXT.mp4_snapshot_00.3

and after he takes of his suit jacket, the contrasts between him and YJ are extremely obvious, him in black and her in white:

W.E03.160727.720p-NEXT.mp4_snapshot_00.4

Not only is he threatening her, the distance between them in this shot is enormous, signifying the distance between them emotionally in this moment. Usually they're a lot closer together, and shortly after this moment she is in his arms once again, the distance having been crossed (since he shot her and she didn't bleed. Oh KC, you are a bit of an odd duck. Not that I mind, but please don't do that again...)

W.E03.160727.720p-NEXT.mp4_snapshot_00.5

In this scene they've basically switched colours, now he's the one in white and she's wearing blue, and he tells her he knows she can't escape/run away without him, He will protect her, basically acting as her conduit in this world, but he also sort of has ownership of her now.

He doesn't wear much blue in ep 4, nor is there much blue around him, but remember how green surrounds YJ when she crosses worlds? Well, guess what happens to KC when he comes to the real world:

W.E04.160728.720p-NEXT.mp4_snapshot_00.5

So. Much. Green. Now he's in YJ's world, and though she isn't in the scene, he's visually connected to her just by his surroundings.

Of course, much like the scene on the Han river bridge, he does a power-walk in the rain, bathed in blue: 

W.E04.160728.720p-NEXT.mp4_snapshot_00.5

It looks like (very bright) night time, but that is a lot of blue, so I had to include it.

Also, the truck that almost killed KC when he matrixed himself to safety was also blue, but this ties into the villain thing for which I don't have enough clues yet, so i'm not including it yet. 

Anyway, if you've made it this far, THANK YOU, and I hope you don't think i'm completely insane, haha! 

I'm sure there's a lot of stuff I've missed, or maybe you've come to different conclusions or have additional ideas. Please tell me, I love talking about this kind of stuff (if that's not painfully evident yet :D.

I love you for this.  Thank you. 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, super2016 said:

i love both actors so much. I'm so sad I can't watch it. anyone know where I can see this from abroad?

check your inbox, I sent you the links I'm using to watch the drama!! I hope that would be helpful and other chingus from here can share with you more links they know of!! :D I'll be waiting for your thought about it after watching the episodes!! enjoy it!! :D

• Like 10

This photo might has been posted before, but it clearly shows KC wearing the same black shirt when he went to the real world right??? Did someone discuss about this before? 

So basically KC really jumps off the Han River Bridge in the next episode, I wonder what does it for... 

Also! I'm curious what will happen in the webtoon world next. YJ now is labelled as a fugitive, is it possible for her being dragged back to the webtoon world? If it is possible, will she return back to her last position where she left the webtoon? From those episodes I counted YJ entered the webtoon for three times. The third time she entered the webtoon, she went back to the same place the last time she disappeared. However, in the real world she always back to her original place the last time she disappeared...

Is it possible if they erased the webtoon's world memory? Though I hope the drama goes rational than memory loss...

• Like 15