[Drama 2016] W-Two Worlds 더블유

gangurhar

1 hour ago, Jafstar said:

Has the written preview for ep 5 come out yet?

@sakura2016 Yes, love seening people scrutinize each tiny word! Now you've got me thinking about how do they know each other so well? You know how the webtoon mimics real life? Like when they were making the manwha, the artists used certain "real-life" places/people/buildings, etc., i.e. an Olympic sharpshooter, or YJ's hospital...is it possible that KC has been modeled after a "real person" from YJ's history? I know there are the theories that she's the actual creator of KC, and her Dad continued the story.  So...Maybe that person was someone who passed away? But because he was important to YJ's heart...her love for him made her want to continue his "life"...but then...oh I don't know. I'm not a writer. Lol. I just want MORE! Somebody...help! Feed me a line!!! Anything. Heh. :sweatingbullets: 

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yes we need help!! :sweatingbullets: somehow I feel that Kang Cheol is real not only a webtoon character but how can that be if him shooting her didn't harm her? if he was real shouldn't she got hurt? and if he's like a real person she once knew how does she know him well if she knew him only when she was too little and if he's one she knew in older age she should remember and in any case how Kang Cheol knew her as well? she can really know him from the webtoon but even if he met her before in unkown way to us he couldn't have knew her in personal way!! I'm losing it here!! :blink: 

• Like 7

I've rewatched the show from the beginning again, and I'm really appreciating the directing. Everyone looks so gorgeous at all times (not that they wouldn't anyway, but the directing does help a lot) and there are some definite color themes going on. Would anyone be interested in me doing a post on things I've noticed? 

• Like 9

2 hours ago, sharreb said:

So much love for W.may the word of mouth all positive for W continues

completely agree. He saw her sincerity and even paused, seems taken aback. 

But im gonna be gutted to see his shock when he finds our writernim is her father.

Had fun looking at this vid. So funny HJ describe as deep kiss and JS went all shy. Then she candidly admits shes excited to hear his compliments. I like that she exceeds his expectations, and find her to be lovely and cheerful. HJ is really a cute person in real life. I cant imagine another actress as Oh Yeon Joo.

that would be super shocking!! the woman who kep protecting him and is special in his life is the daughter of the man who made his life miserable and tryed to kill him over and over again!! just kill me!!

they are so lovely and I can't see anyone playing their roles but them!! they made/are making a great job!! :wub: 

26 minutes ago, evie7 said:

embarrassed1-onion-head-emoticon.gifI can't wipe the smile off my face. I loved it so much I had watch it twice. 

I'm still not convinced that Kang Chul  pulled SM into the window/portal that night. The hand that grabbed his collar didn't have blood on it.

Omo I just love this comparison:wub: Thank you for this well thought post. Now I'm so tempted to rewatch QIHM (I miss that drama) but I'm trying to find the time to rewatch  1-4 of W. It's very exciting to be able to watch this drama as it unfolds.  This will be the first drama from Song Jae Jung that I have been able to watch 'live'. OMG I looked her up on Asian Wiki and I found out she also co wrote High Kick. I had no idea that she has written so many dramas that I love:heart:. Sorry for the mini OT  

..I have been in the minority on this issue. It just hasn't bothered me that he shot her :phew: so Thank You for pointing this out

try to pose the video at 3:36 and you'll see the blood on the hand grabbing Yeon Joo's father's collar!! :) 

• Like 8

17 hours ago, Harukogirl said:

Welcome!! And YAY! There is someone else in the thread right now :blush:

Yeah, I found it interesting that KC accepted his fictional status so easily as well...but if nothing else he is a very logical character, and that seemly illogical explanation is the only one that explains all the illogical occurrences in his life....making it logical. See? (...aaaannnd I've almost succeeded in confusing myself). 

To me, it feels like the story has literally taken on a life of its own - or at least KC has. And as he becomes more and more real, he is less and less constrained by YJ's dad and the "rules" of his Manwa universe - until he escapes it altogether. That's why at first, YJ's dad didn't even notice - KC got more and more free will as time went on, until instead of a scene changing here and there, the entire manwa was completely out of dad's hands. 

Thank's for the welcome and after reading your comment it made me think about him shooting her and that was his way of testing if she was different from him, and maybe he had an inkling that his world didn't completely make since, so he started to rebel and YJ's dad realized he was taking control of the story. After all he has got to know that he pulled her into his world from the start, and that's why he say's that she is his life's saviour(can't remember his exact words) he can be complete free of the father's control.

• Like 6

Lee Jong Suk's 'W' viewership ratings continue to surpass Kim Woo Bin's 'Uncontrollably Fond'

Maolen E. | Jul 30, 2016 11:44 PM EDT

'School 2013' is a 2012 South Korean television series starring Jang Nara, Choi Daniel, Lee Jong-Suk and Park Se-Young.

'School 2013' is a 2012 South Korean television series starring Jang Nara, Choi Daniel, Lee Jong-Suk and Park Se-Young. (Photo : YouTube/mimosveta)

Actors Lee Jong Suk, 26, and Kim Woo Bin, 27, are battling head to head for the number one TV drama in an incredibly close ratings race. The fourth episode of MBC's "W" drew monster viewership last July 28, Thursday, surpassing most programs in nationwide ratings.

The July 28 telecast of MBC's "W," which showed how Oh Yeon-Joo (Han Hyo-Joo) goes back and forth between reality and the webtoon world, accumulated a national TV rating of 14.3 percent, according to AGB Nielsen Media Research. The number was good enough to rank "W" as the fourth most-watched TV drama.

The 16-episode fantasy drama's constant increase in viewership ratings is attributed to its unique meta-fiction theme, solid content, and ensemble cast members. Helmed by PD Jung Dae Yoon, "W" follows the one of a kind love story between a young chaebol, Kang Chul (Lee), who is the protagonist of the webtoon universe of "W" and Oh Yeon Joon (Han), a doctor who lives in the real world.

On the other hand, Kim's "Uncontrollably Fond's" latest episode recorded a 10.1 percent viewership rating, which is a 0.6 increase from the previous episode. It marks the first time "Uncontrollably Fond" has failed to score double-digit viewership since it premiered on July 6.

"Uncontrollably Fond" follows the love story between a haughty top Hallyu star, Shin Joon Young (Kim) and a shameless documentary producer, No Eul (Bae Suzy). The two were apparently couple who got separated during their teenage years, but meet again later in life.

Kim and Lee, who previously starred in "School 2013," is said to be known as best friends off-screen. During "Uncontrollably Fond's" press conference on June 4, Kim talked about the reported competition with his best friend.

"I keep in touch with Lee Jong Suk and it is an honor to compete with him," Soompi quoted Kim as saying. "It's not every day that this happens, so we're supporting each other."

Check out "W's" latest episode below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=PONzUBrTFgI

Source: http://en.yibada.com/articles/146808/20160730/lee-jong-suk-viewership-ratings-kim-woo-bin-uncontrollably-fond.htm

• Like 9

38 minutes ago, irenetan said:

Hide contents

Cr: boram_ori_kim

[31.07.16] "W-Two Worlds" Filming @ Hangang Bridge

WHY ARE THEY FILMING AT THE HANGANG BRIDGE????? :crazy: I think I developed a phobia to this bridge!!!!! :tears: 

23 minutes ago, Miaruma said:

I've rewatched the show from the beginning again, and I'm really appreciating the directing. Everyone looks so gorgeous at all times (not that they wouldn't anyway, but the directing does help a lot) and there are some definite color themes going on. Would anyone be interested in me doing a post on things I've noticed? 

that would be great, I would LOVE to to read it!! :D

• Like 6

Expect More Kissing Scenes For Lee Jong Suk, Han Hyo Joo 'W' Korean Drama

By Michelle Guanzon
on August 01, 2016 07:08 AM

w-korean-drama

W (Korean Drama): (credit: asianwiki.com)

Spoiler

lee-jong-suk-and-han-hyo-joo-bts-kissing-scene

Lee Jong Suk and Han Hyo Joo BTS Kissing Scene: (credit: news1.kr)

MBC's Korean Drama "W" is increasingly attracting fans from all over the world. With the things heating up on the drama series, lead stars Lee Jong Suk and Han Hyo Joo engage in a romantic scene, a kissing scene. The two lead stars appeared on the TV broadcast and shared their thought about the new drama.

During the broadcast, one of the discussions is about the kissing scenes in "W". Lee Jong suk reportedly hinted that he has somehow grown immune to it.

"There are lots of scenes with physical contact. Because we did [the kiss scenes] so often, I grew numb to them," Lee Jong Suk said, as quoted by allkpop.

It was reported back then that the two lead stars grew shy around each other after filming their first kissing scene on the set. Despite the awkwardness, the two still managed to show their on-screen chemistry according to the production staff and fans.

"Though it was the beginning of the filming, they displayed a unique chemistry that resulted in a perfect scene," the "W" production team said about the lead stars.

According to a news report, Han Hyoo Joo revealed that the "W" drama "has the most kissing scenes" she has done out of all the dramas she starred in.

"W" is a love story between a woman who lives in the real world and a handsome hero from his father's webtoon named Kang Chul.

"It's the story of a man and a woman who discover their reason for existence while living in different dimensions in Seoul in 2016," said director Jung Dae Yoon.

"W' airs every Wednesdays and Thursdays on MBC.

Spoiler

Source: http://chinachristiandaily.com/2016-08-01/society/expect-more-kissing-scenes-for-lee-jong-suk--han-hyo-joo--w--korean-drama_1972.html

• Like 14

23 hours ago, SukBin said:

Thank you all for the warm welcome... I am currently watching episode 3 and 4... some of my thoughts are...

Kang Chul tried to kill the hooded guy with a bullet but nothing happened to him... and added to the fact that the hooded guy disappears in to thin air just like Yeon Joo... thats why Kang Chul believed that Yeon Joo couldnt be hurt by bullets.... because she too like hooded guy disappears in to thin air.... if then there is a possibility that the hooded guy is also of Real World... 

Now since Kang Chul entered the real world could he also disappear after an episode of Manhwa when something worth ending an episode happens... like killing Yeon Joo's appa...? Would Kang Chul be bullet proof here...?

Totaly agree...

Good point.  It is very exciting when each of us can find things that others can´t.  I have watched epi 3 twice and i didn´t see this.  But the question is, who could be coming from JY world to the KC world and wants to kill him, maybe her father? Or someone else? 
There´s someone that made me have a very rare feeling, and it was JY mother, when she was watching the interview of her ex-husband. Could be that she is jealous about JY father success? Could be that she is trying to kill KC, because if he die the Manhwa end, and the fame and success of JY father also ends?
I am going crazy with this….maybe i am wrong but this is my creazy head not me.

:glasses:

• Like 8

22 minutes ago, IBELIS said:

Thank's for the welcome and after reading your comment it made me think about him shooting her and that was his way of testing if she was different from him, and maybe he had an inkling that his world didn't completely make since, so he started to rebel and YJ's dad realized he was taking control of the story. After all he has got to know that he pulled her into his world from the start, and that's why he say's that she is his life's saviour(can't remember his exact words) he can be complete free of the father's control.

the re-appearance of the window betwwen the two worlds is what triggered Kang Cheol's memory of the rooftop incident remembering that the same thing happend to him him before and how Yeon Joo entered his life/world!! if he did remeber pulling her before he wouldn't have needed to ask her how she got there and saved him when he knews he is the one who pulled her there and he wouldn't wonder about her disappearance and then reappearance sice he saw the door that can allow her to come in and out of his world!! 

we're still to know more about Kang Cheol and his link to Yeon Joo (and her father) but we can think that Kang Cheol had a feeling that Yeon is the answer for his question since added to all the unexplicable incidents that he faced threatening his life she was the unexplicable person who entered his live to save him and his believe got stronger with every new strange incident coming his way (her disapearance and reapearance, the car incident, the disapearance of the hooded man) add to it her "fake" identity and her huge knowledge about his life and his inner thoughts and feelings, all this made him have no doubts that she is from another world and made him believe that she can't be harmed in his world!! that wouldn't croos my mind but he's the genious after all not me!! :D 

• Like 11

52 minutes ago, Rania Zeid said:

Missed u guyss & miss WWWWWWWWW.. 

The moment the main character realized the lie, the world inside the comic stopped. Only Kang Chul, in the world where time stopped, survived alone. As if it was a punishment for the person who realized the truth 

Raniaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! I'm so happy you're back!! I missed spazzing with you and your posts!! I screemed your name the second I saw your accounts photo of Lee Jong Seok!! I missed seeing it!! hope you had a great vication!! :D

and you managed to make me cry with your 1st post after your return!!! WEA chingu WEA?!!! :tears: 

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh no problem I'm super happy you're back you can make me cry for Kang Cheol all you want!! ;) 

58 minutes ago, sebnem said:

but he will still remember that she tried her best to help him and all right :tears:

don't worry he will remember that!! it is shocking and painful but he won't forget what she did for him, treating him like a real person when she knew from the tart who he really is, saving him and protecting him!! he won't forget that!! 

• Like 8

11 hours ago, Jafstar said:

@Harukogirl Love it! Thanks for the lovely insightful read. The breakdown and comparisons of QIHM and W are well done. Looking forward to seeing how accurate you landed on those theories. :) 

Why is Wednesday taking forever to get here? :tears:

Thank you~!!:heart:   and I know~!!!!!!:bawling: Wednesday~!!!!!!

12 hours ago, LyraYoo said:

@Harukogirl I love your comparisons, writer Song Jae Jeong is a genius.

Some have questioned Kang Chul's shooting at Yeon Joo in episode 3, and episode 4 validates it why he perceives her as invincible.

Writernim still use the cause and effect in creative ways. 

Yes, I totally agree! QIHN's was the first time I realized that a drama did not have to frustrating/boring in parts - it could actually be pure, unadulterated awesomeness all the way through. So glad SJJ is teamed up with such an awesome set of actors and an amazing PD on this!

And...wow. Just wow. I woke up this morning and was blown away by the response to my post - I had so many notifications! hahaha. There was this little icon that appeared on the post - I'd never even seen one before - I hovered over it and it was all "This is a popular post" :dizzy: 

f8bc348085.jpg

This is such an awesome, supportive forum.  I love hanging out here, and I'll continue to share theories that I think of... thanks you guys~!!!!:heart:

• Like 17

4 hours ago, sakura2016 said:

I loved it!! I didn't watch QIHM drama but I watched it's OSTs mv's and their is two songs I loved the most, Same Sky Different Time is one of the two!! and our OTP's love will be stronger than rule and reality and they'll have their happy ending!! I have faith in you writer-nim don't shattered into little tiny peices!! pleaaases!!

is it only me or is their anyone else who went after every ligne of the song trying to find a clue or a hint about what happened and will happen? I lost my mind completely!! 

Thank you~!! QIHM was amazing - I totally recommend it~!! And it's a TVN drama...and the writer added a LOT of kisses...:heart: kekekeke the writer must be a fangirl.... hehehe

1 hour ago, evie7 said:

embarrassed1-onion-head-emoticon.gifI can't wipe the smile off my face. I loved it so much I had watch it twice. 

I'm still not convinced that Kang Chul  pulled SM into the window/portal that night. The hand that grabbed his collar didn't have blood on it.

Omo I just love this comparison:wub: Thank you for this well thought post. Now I'm so tempted to rewatch QIHM (I miss that drama) but I'm trying to find the time to rewatch  1-4 of W. It's very exciting to be able to watch this drama as it unfolds.  This will be the first drama from Song Jae Jung that I have been able to watch 'live'. OMG I looked her up on Asian Wiki and I found out she also co wrote High Kick. I had no idea that she has written so many dramas that I love:heart:. Sorry for the mini OT  

..I have been in the minority on this issue. It just hasn't bothered me that he shot her :phew: so Thank You for pointing this out

Yeah, I'm not sure about KC pulling SM in then either...there are so many possibilities at this point, it's hard to guess what did/will happen. Luckily it's a writer we can trust to make it awesome.

Re-watching QIHM is always a good idea :blush:. And thanks~! 

• Like 6