[Mainland Chinese Drama 2017] Tribes and Empires: Storm of Prophecy 九州·海上牧云记

sugarplum892

9 hours ago, Table122000 said:

Oh my gosh! I really hope this is true! I really don't understand Dramafever these days because they are not promoting their new content many times. I'm wondering why there hasn't been an announcement on their social media sites or on the News page.  With the Thanksgiving holiday weekend, I agree we will probably have to wait until Monday for any real confirmation.

Yeah I've noticed that Dramafever tend to drag their feet in regards to promoting dramas at times. However, I will cut them some slack if they do indeed bring us this series on Monday and finally announce an airdate for "With You"!  :)

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Regarding the woman who was hugged in pics 2 posts above....wife of Shuofeng Heye.

Spoiler

She is known for acting as Ning Concubine in Legend of ZhenHuan. Real name is 热依扎 / Rayza, of Kazakh race.

57e1b96d-5644-4a1b-b1da-ff13f4347be7.png

If above pic error...then click here.

http://img3.utuku.china.com/514x0/toutiao/20170706/57e1b96d-5644-4a1b-b1da-ff13f4347be7.png

I haven't started on this yet but just a cursory look at the video clips posted here I can see why this is 80 episodes long. From all appearances, it's very talky and the language comes across as being quite high brow. Even that clip with Shawn piggybacking the prince has the young lass (Miss Su) speaking in flowery-poetic terms describing the prince as bamboo, I think. Then Han Jiang gets Miss Su to make up a poem for him about him. He's pretty pleased especially about the part where she describes his tiger eyes. But the rest of it is beyond my ability. :wink: I already like Shawn's character (Han Jiang aka Young Master Murong) and I love hearing him speaking in his own voice. 

Methinks we really need good subs for this show so if we really want to enjoy this drama to the fullest, we'll have to be patient and wait for those subs to come.

@40somethingahjumma, I am waiting for a good sub as well. Mandarin in a regular Chinese ancient drama is completely out of my league (I can only understand 30% max while modern drama 75%)  If you claimed to be having problems with this drama, I would be completely dead if I have to watch it with no sub...

@Cedric Ong, I watched Rayza in Inside or Outside movie as well. She is a very cute girl.

50 minutes ago, cenching said:

@40somethingahjumma, I am waiting for a good sub as well. Mandarin in a regular Chinese ancient drama is completely out of my league (I can only understand 30% max while modern drama 75%)  If you claimed to be having problems with this drama, I would be completely dead if I have to watch it with no sub...

When they're speaking conversationally I'm generally okay but when they start speaking like poets and classical scholars... Yikes... yeah I'll be spending a lot of time in dictionaries. :wink: Or going to my SIL. :tongue:

Let's hope DF pulls through for us. :D

Holy fking sht you guys, has anyone of you seen ep 18? The scene where Panxi materialised in real world, holy fk, what a meticulously crafted scene. This is art. This is fking poetry. 

Any of you reading this, if you haven't picked up this drama, you don't know what you're missing out. Pace is picking up again and this one one scene alone makes this the drama of the fking year. GO and see it right now.

Took a gander at the first episode late this afternoon. I didn't do too badly... managed to understand about 80% of it fairly easily. But we're not among royalty and the learned yet. :wink: The drama definitely has the potential to be something great. The opening sequence of the lone figure tramping through different terrain was beautifully shot. It's almost documentary-like how they managed to capture the wildness and barrenness of the steppe, framing it as the backdrop for the doings of nomadic tribes. The overall cinematography is quite superb and I would go so far as to say that it's for me at this point, the real star of the drama. I don't know that I've seen a C drama that's as nicely filmed as this one. 

I appreciate the meticulous world-building and attention to details. There's history, there's lore... and yes, one does need to pay attention to names etc.  Although billed as a fantasy, the hand to mouth brutality gives it a kind of raw realism. There is violence but it's not gratuitous... well at least not for me.

I'm not sure that I'll be able to follow it from day to day as the episodes air but at the rate it's going, the whole thing will be done in a month. :wink:

On 25/11/2017 at 1:53 AM, allblue123 said:

Holy fking sht you guys, has anyone of you seen ep 18? The scene where Panxi materialised in real world, holy fk, what a meticulously crafted scene. This is art. This is fking poetry. 

Any of you reading this, if you haven't picked up this drama, you don't know what you're missing out. Pace is picking up again and this one one scene alone makes this the drama of the fking year. GO and see it right now.

Totally agree epi 18 is so beautiful. Love all the characters esp. HX. His speech is so clear. I m hooked :wub:

I want to know what Mu yun sheng said to Panxi in ep 20.......or mad at her.

What's up with the shaman...I heared he was calling panxi's name and now trying to find her. ..?ep19

What happened to Panxi inside that crystal and who's controlling her..?ep20

19 hours ago, RPM said:

I want to know what Mu yun sheng said to Panxi in ep 20.......or mad at her.

What's up with the shaman...I heared he was calling panxi's name and now trying to find her. ..?ep19

What happened to Panxi inside that crystal and who's controlling her..?ep20.

Spoiler ahead.

Spoiler

MYS pretends to be angry. He wants Panxi to leave him for her safety. He was reminded by the cousin that he will bring bad luck to the ppl closed to him.

It looks like Panxi is a slave to the evil power (you called it Shaman). Her life is destined to be with MYS to help him to regain his power. The Shaman said he will send a new slave to counter MYS once Panxi power is drained by MYS. 

Archived