[Mainland Chinese Drama 2017] Tribes and Empires: Storm of Prophecy 九州·海上牧云记

sugarplum892

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Wotad said:

She was prophesied to be the future Empress, but loves Muru Hanjiang.

thats right though ? ;p 

i take it the first bit is not right ;p 

Spoiler

Her true love Muru Hanjiang but some sites character introduction details about her ---

Xu Lu. Loved by many men but fated aka prophesized to be the future queen (Yun Sheng’s wife), she’s separated from her one true love. (A virtual voyage site)

Xu Lu as Su Yuning (Muyun Sheng future queen, likes Muru Hanjiang)

-reilbox site.

11 minutes ago, RPM said:

@Evielai I want to know in teaser Su Yuning wedding with Mu yun sheng 

Hide contents

Tribe%20154.jpg

then how MuRu Han Jiang become emperor and married to her.

I really wish No wedding between MuyunSheng and Su yuning. 

most likely Mu yun sheng  falls somehow either leaves the throne or dies or something ;p 

im Willing to bet one of the main males die. 

Muru Hanjiang - He was prophesied to become the emperor

Mu Yun Sheng - He was prophesied to destroy the world

Im sure Mu Yun Sheng will die or will not be on the throne for long. 

58 minutes ago, Wotad said:

you have to pay right? i already pay for viki qq

It depends on the drama. You don't have to pay for DF, you can create a free account and watch dramas for free with ads. However, some dramas are restricted to paying subscribers. For example, Game of Hunting is available for free with ads on DF right now. The K drama Temperature of Love is partially restricted. Premium members can watch all episodes right away. Non members can watch each episode after a 2 week delay. K drama Goblin is only for Premium members. Also, if you pay, then no ads. We shall have to see what the staus of Tribes and Empires is once DF begins airing the drama. Usually, if it is very popular with viewers , then DF will make it subsciber only or put it on a delay. 

1 hour ago, Table122000 said:

Finally we have official confirmation from Dramafever. They have liscensed the drama and it will premiere Wednesday, Nov. 29, 2017. 

https://www.dramafever.com/news/tribes-and-empires-the-storm-of-prophecy-is-coming-to-dramafever/

They probably need extra time to work on the subs as @40somethingahjumma had mentioned in one of her posts that the language used is often complex and flowery. It's hard to wait, but I don't mind if the result is high quality subs. 

It's a shame that the YT subbed episodes got pulled because they were actually  good. I didn't get a good look at all of it but what I saw was good. I thought they were done by people on DF. I would suggest that people act discreetly the next time someone posts subs... ie. provide links through PM rather than publicly post the YT links. I can imagine the subber(s) must have spent hours working on them. Hopefully they will find a home elsewhere. I guess now that DF is licensed to do it, they have exclusive rights to sub it.

Not only is there courtly language and a whole invented mythos to be grappled with, but there's poetry to be translated as well. I find it similar to Lord of the Rings... the books especially. If you think about how Tolkien wrote poems, songs, invented races and languages... yeah... well it's a bit like that. The prophecies mentioned in TnE are quite often uttered in poetic form too.

I think the LOTR parallels are there right throughout. There's even a mysterious Gandalf-looking character who smokes a pipe. There are even dwarfs. 

I'm thoroughly enjoying the show even while it is slower paced and talky. I love the leads especially Hanjiang and Su Yuming. Shawn, I think really excels at playing these sorts of slightly mischievous, cheerful and endearing characters. I'm really enjoying the Hanjiang character who is self-reliant, resilient, great at almost anything but bad at telling the girl he likes how he feels about her. Not to mention he has a badass sword. 

@blueclueblue -- I hear you about court women plotting and scheming which is why I usually avoid court dramas involving a woman in the lead but historically that was probably their reality. The more ambitious ones would trample on others to get ahead. But the men did it too so it's not especially about gender or patriarchy. The world they lived in is a zero sum game. Only one guy gets to sit on the throne and only one woman gets to be the empress but the woman who has his favour, her son will get to be the crown prince. In this drama you'll see something similar going on but it's not as protracted or intense. The men plot, scheme and backstab with the best of them.

On 21/11/2017 at 4:02 PM, cheeriekwan said:

GetAttachmentThumbnail?id=AQMkADAwATE0YjMwLWIyZWUALWUwZDMtMDACLTAwCgBGAAADyeBToL7%2FJEuM1KPA7BoBiQcApSaA8u%2FavUWQSGW%2B7fNR0gAAAgEMAAAApSaA8u%2FavUWQSGW%2B7fNR0gABFiqOrwAAAAESABAAFBHU0aP2IE%2B5ED21GTu8qQ%3D%3D&thumbnailType=2&X-OWA-CANARY=9xMBpXXIy0q9U2JacAIlZvC9kOq1MNUYzsRL2EIeim0VmT1gMvtfyo2dt_8XXvRICrCEAfol3mI.&token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJSUzI1NiIsIng1dCI6ImVuaDlCSnJWUFU1aWpWMXFqWmpWLWZMMmJjbyJ9.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.GOctjDl3OszS_YmDJV-Uspxp5FKplEjaq4501v1R5OwgU_4MS6oGAgcLNpHd6X0t6iv_sdm9UhhTMDtR280ndMTRK0gqLbbWfKEB9MWzA4r_UQHj6__M7OL6gM-LPwdZdYSv9eKbw01awR00fExRNA7i4s1iRZH0B6iKpVGVKfRRdMNBDR7peejC4IIukGVhTUZ5ORKdvQQVb4bEUjGcNClwvch_VaFQCvuVGekR8cvtASGu-mHdOXidB89TtpIfVsMAdeAKkkpwwo589G46fYfwMBqMxPO4kK0GVbZ_ZzWr0AW7p5wqB2vaKIX0AaN4K6JfTDNsWKss5_tIgpBEQw&owa=outlook.live.com&isc=1

According to this calendar:

21-22 MRHJ confession

35-36 MYS wedding

55-56 Nanku Yueli offer herself (to who?)

57-58 MRHJ confirm his relationship (sort of first night)

Imo, although SYN married to MYS, i dun think he will touch her. He doesnt love her and more so she is his buddy's girl. HJ will still get her. 

17 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

It's a shame that the YT subbed episodes got pulled because they were actually  good. I didn't get a good look at all of it but what I saw was good. I thought they were done by people on DF. I would suggest that people act discreetly the next time someone posts subs... ie. provide links through PM rather than publicly post the YT links. I can imagine the subber(s) must have spent hours working on them. Hopefully they will find a home elsewhere. I guess now that DF is licensed to do it, they have exclusive rights to sub it.

Not only is there courtly language and a whole invented mythos to be grappled with, but there's poetry to be translated as well. I find it similar to Lord of the Rings... the books especially. If you think about how Tolkien wrote poems, songs, invented races and languages... yeah... well it's a bit like that. The prophecies mentioned in TnE are quite often uttered in poetic form too.

I think the LOTR parallels are there right throughout. There's even a mysterious Gandalf-looking character who smokes a pipe. There are even dwarfs. 

I'm thoroughly enjoying the show even while it is slower paced and talky. I love the leads especially Hanjiang and Su Yuming. Shawn, I think really excels at playing these sorts of slightly mischievous, cheerful and endearing characters. I'm really enjoying the Hanjiang character who is self-reliant, resilient, great at almost anything but bad at telling the girl he likes how he feels about her. Not to mention he has a badass sword. 

@blueclueblue -- I hear you about court women plotting and scheming which is why I usually avoid court dramas involving a woman in the lead but historically that was probably their reality. The more ambitious ones would trample on others to get ahead. But the men did it too so it's not especially about gender or patriarchy. The world they lived in is a zero sum game. Only one guy gets to sit on the throne and only one woman gets to be the empress but the woman who has his favour, her son will get to be the crown prince. In this drama you'll see something similar going on but it's not as protracted or intense. The men plot, scheme and backstab with the best of them.

Totally agree on ur commentary about Hanjiang. He’s such a cutie and is so blunt and straightforward with everything but when it comes to Su yuning he gets all shy and awkward. I love the scene in the trailer when Hanjiang asks Su yuning if she would be willing to let him protect her for the rest of her life and I was just like :bawling:. Another scene that I really liked was in episode 18 

Spoiler

They were both by the river and she kept on saying his name. He asked her why she called him and she said that there was no reason and She just wanted to say it. I thought that this scene was very cute and refreshing because it is simple but yet intimate especially during this stage where they’re both still shy about their feelings. Also, just this act of her to just saying his name evoke so much emotions between them; her being happy and him being shy. 

Besides falling for Hanjiang, I’m really enjoying the breathtaking cinematography of this drama. The wide shots of the landscape is visually stunning and breathtaking. The rawness in the violence makes the drama real and the fighting is actual fight not just people floating mid air while prettily swinging swords that don’t even actually touch. The drama does a very good job and brining this world to life and making it convincing. 

10 minutes ago, cheeriekwan said:

21-22 MRHJ confession

35-36 MYS wedding

57-68 MRHJ confirm his relationship (sort of first night)

Imo, although SYN married to MYS, i dun think he will touch her. He doesnt love her and more so she is his buddy's girl. HJ will still get her. 

I’m pretty sure mys probably won’t even look at her lol especially since he has Panxi but it will still hurt knowing that she’s someone else’s legal wife. I guess we can say Su yuning and Hanjiang got it good that it is mys who su yuning married..or else if it was muyun lu, the prince who actually loves Su yuning, things will get ugly and then Hanjiang would really have trouble trying to protect her. 

Yes but i was wondering if Hanjiang and su yuning seal the deal ( you know what i'm talking about ) couldn't that get them both killed? i mean if she is married to the emperor when they do it they become traitors right? that's how it was back in the day. 

11 minutes ago, Evielai said:

I’m pretty sure mys probably won’t even look at her lol especially since he has Panxi but it will still hurt knowing that she’s someone else’s legal wife. I guess we can say Su yuning and Hanjiang got it good that it is mys who su yuning married..or else if it was muyun lu, the prince who actually loves Su yuning, things will get ugly and then Hanjiang would really have trouble trying to protect her. 

I hv just added Nanku Yueli offering herself in 55-56...but to who?

29 minutes ago, cheeriekwan said:

21-22 MRHJ confession

35-36 MYS wedding

55-56 Nanku Yueli offer herself (to who?)

57-58 MRHJ confirm his relationship (sort of first night)

She doesnt like him either right, if SYN respects HJ at all he wont touch her. 

17 minutes ago, viktormani said:

Yes but i was wondering if Hanjiang and su yuning seal the deal ( you know what i'm talking about ) couldn't that get them both killed? i mean if she is married to the emperor when they do it they become traitors right? that's how it was back in the day. 

I don’t think their relationship is like that. If ure up to ep 20, u see that their courtship is very sweet and innocent. It’s so innocent that he couldn’t even give her flowers correctly because he’s too shy to do it. Also, I don’t think Hanjiang would want that because he values her and isn’t attracted to her like that. I think he will be very respectful of her and won’t even think of doing that but rather he will try to stand up to his dad and protest against the marriage. 

5 minutes ago, Evielai said:

I don’t think their relationship is like that. If ure up to ep 20, u see that their courtship is very sweet and innocent. It’s so innocent that he couldn’t even give her flowers correctly because he’s too shy to do it. Also, I don’t think Hanjiang would want that because he values her and isn’t attracted to her like that. I think he will be very respectful of her and won’t even think of doing that but rather he will try to stand up to his dad and protest against the marriage. 

Yes but if you read the comments above.. it seems like they will confirm their relationship in episodes 57-68 (by having a night together).

22 minutes ago, cheeriekwan said:

@viktormani Another 20 episodes from 35 to 57, the imperial palace shd already in chaos and war is about to start from episode 41-42. We cant even tell who is the emperor then... MYS or HJ?

I think base off of Hanjiang’s personality, he will only confirm their relationship like that when the circumstances is ok such as when the palace is already in chaos and she’s no longer truly bound to mys. But during those times, I think they can agree and share mutual feelings but not to that kind of extent because she’s legally bound and I don’t think Hanjiang would push it because it could endanger her. Also, I think his worries will be more than just her being married to another man but that she’s stuck in the palace, a place known for its cruelty and people willing to trample each other for their own ambitious gains. So I think Hanjiang will probably worry about her not being protected in the palace and getting stuck in the political struggle more than her just marrying mys although he does worry about men taking advantage of her. 

1 minute ago, Evielai said:

I think base off of Hanjiang’s personality, he will only confirm their relationship like that when the circumstances is ok such as when the palace is already in chaos and she’s no longer truly bound to mys. But during those times, I think they can agree and share mutual feelings but not to that kind of extent because she’s legally bound and I don’t think Hanjiang would push it because it could endanger her. Also, I think his worries will be more than just her being married to another man but that she’s stuck in the palace, a place known for its cruelty and people willing to trample each other for their own ambitious gains. So I think Hanjiang will probably worry about her not being protected in the palace more than her just marrying mys. 

Nanku Yueli is a dangerous woman rival SYN for the empress position. Wonder who is she offering herself to in 55-56.:confused:

Just now, cheeriekwan said:

Nanku Yueli is a dangerous woman rival SYN for the empress position. Wonder who is she offering herself to in 55-56.:confused:

In the trailer it showed her teaming up with the 3rd prince, the prince who’s mother is the current empress. That guy is evil and hates mys. I think he’s also the emperor’s least favorite son. That guy wants the throne and Nanku Yueli wants to be crown empress..so I guess u can say she will be paired with him. 

5 minutes ago, Evielai said:

In the trailer it showed her teaming up with the 3rd prince, the prince who’s mother is the current empress. That guy is evil and hates mys. I think he’s also the emperor’s least favorite son. That guy wants the throne and Nanku Yueli wants to be crown empress..so I guess u can say she will be paired with him. 

Do not think she can be that simple to stick to the 3rd prince when he is not able to get the throne though the 3rd prince likes her.

9 minutes ago, cheeriekwan said:

Do not think she can be that simple to stick to the 3rd prince when he is not able to get the throne though the 3rd prince likes her.

In the trailer, it showed that she did kinda love him though. Plus, she wouldn’t know whether he will be king or not so she might’ve just went with him especially with him having strong backing, the empress as his mother. Also, in all the couple pictures it showed her with him. As audience, we know that he will probably not gain the throne though so it could be that instead of going down she throws herself at someone else...but that would be super shameless (but is still a possibility) but I think as of right now the safest bet is that she will aim for the 3rd prince. And it’s not like the 3rd prince is stupid. He’s actually quite smart and cunning just like his mom..just not as intelligent or cautious as her..

1 hour ago, viktormani said:

I'm kind of wondering what you're worried about. :D Are you afraid of rooting for them and then they don't end up together? :wink: I don't get that feeling but I've been known to be wrong before.

2 hours ago, Evielai said:

Totally agree on ur commentary about Hanjiang. He’s such a cutie and is so blunt and straightforward with everything but when it comes to Su yuning he gets all shy and awkward. I love the scene in the trailer when Hanjiang asks Su yuning if she would be willing to let him protect her for the rest of her life and I was just like :bawling:. Another scene that I really liked was in episode 18 

Reveal hidden contents

They were both by the river and she kept on saying his name. He asked her why she called him and she said that there was no reason and She just wanted to say it. I thought that this scene was very cute and refreshing because it is simple but yet intimate especially during this stage where they’re both still shy about their feelings. Also, just this act of her to just saying his name evoke so much emotions between them; her being happy and him being shy. 

Besides falling for Hanjiang, I’m really enjoying the breathtaking cinematography of this drama. The wide shots of the landscape is visually stunning and breathtaking. The rawness in the violence makes the drama real and the fighting is actual fight not just people floating mid air while prettily swinging swords that don’t even actually touch. The drama does a very good job and brining this world to life and making it convincing. 

He's a cutie pie... following Suning to Su Mo Mo's place in the village to make sure she gets there safely and that she's in a good place. And when he sees her he's completely tongue-tied and all that comes out of his mouth is 你 好 (Hello). LOL. Exactly what he told his army buddy. :wink: When she asks him if there's more he'd like to say, he comments that she's grown taller. :D

Isn't Su Mo Mo's man gorgeous as well? (Not looks wise but character) I loved what he said about her scar.

"I asked him if he hated the scar on my face. Guess what he said?... He said when a man has a scar, it's not pain but glory. When a woman has a scar, it's not called ugly, it's because she's suffered a lot in the past, that she needs someone to love her."

Not bad for an uneducated man. He used the word 疼 (teng) that can mean pain/hurt (adjective) as well as to love (verb)

No wonder this is a fantasy... 

The cinematography is fantastic... probably the best thing about this production. I don't mean that as a pejorative regarding the other aspects but I don't remember ever seeing C drama this beautifully filmed before.

Archived