[Mainland Chinese Drama 2017] Tribes and Empires: Storm of Prophecy 九州·海上牧云记

sugarplum892

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The kid that plays Han Jiang is awesome. Of all of the kiddies of that generation, he's probably the one that stands out most. His fight scenes are great and I thoroughly enjoyed his all too brief collaboration with Shuofeng Huoye. It was heartbreaking for the young fellow to hear his father say that his birth was a mistake. 

The strict adherence to prophetic utterances is the sticking point for me. Highly disturbing stuff. Okay, let's say that they are all true and there's no reason to believe otherwise. So let's say for instance, that Han Jiang is "destined" to be a king or ruler but does that mean that chaos ensues? Or that the chaos is caused by them? There are far too many assumptions about how these prophecies play out. All this reliance on astrologers, soothsayers and oracles has created a climate of fear. People naturally think the worse and this kind of determinism breeds fear and resentment. I can see that the emperor is trying to resist that time honored tradition.

I'm really enjoying the childhood arc. The use of flashbacks can be a little bit disorienting at times. The last time I enjoyed a show that had a children's arc was The Moon Embraces the Sun... and there are similarities. The adults are pretty messed up here too. :tongue:

3 hours ago, RPM said:

@icyphoenix subbed episodes 1 and 3 on youtube.

Ep1

ep 3

open this video in browsers or youtube app and in settings make sure to turn on captions.

Thanks! This is one drama that I will rewatch with subbed as i do not want to miss out every single detail of it. I did the same for NIF and it has been awhile. HX's character is so complex i just can't imagine how he evolves. I m so tired finishing 20 episodes but totally enjoyed it. :wub:

http://fastdrama.co/watch-online/tribes-and-empires-storm-of-prophecy/episode-1

first episode subbed here looks like its starting 

Also still rated 8.3

https://movie.douban.com/subject/26322999/

Princess agents is rated 5.0 

Lost Love in Times is 5.8

Scarlet Heart 8.1

Nirvana in fire is 9.1

I wonder if its the second highest costume show on there? 

6 minutes ago, RPM said:

most of the videos removed from the youtube :bawling:

if you don't get the chance to watch subbed episode on youtube -----on dramanice and fastdrama.co having ep 1 subbed 

A youtube channel had it eng subbed to epi 15 this morning, hours later account terminated.

@Wotad fastdrama.co and ondramanice pick those subtitles from youtube. As youtube account removed now they also not going to continue subtitles for other episodes. 

What happened to dramafever they were supposed to release subtitles from today onwards but there's no news of update yet.

10 minutes ago, RPM said:

@Wotad fastdrama.co and ondramanice pick those subtitles from youtube. As youtube account removed now they also not going to continue subtitles for other episodes. 

What happened to dramafever they were supposed to release subtitles from today onwards but there's no news of update yet.

so thats what fastdrama and these sites do? steal subtitles from others or dramafever/viki + some youtbers. 

lets have hope they start it today ;p 

Archived