[Mainland Chinese Drama 2017] Tribes and Empires: Storm of Prophecy 九州·海上牧云记

sugarplum892

The storyline nice...

actually kinda scary if have a king that can read mind.. but also cool...

i like the scene where Huang Xuan read mind those official officer... they are scare with magic... 

well the prophecy said if muyun shen hold the kingdom it will end of duan.. cool.. actually the duan empire was already doom cos of the greed of official officers themselves...

i dun like the ending just like... Su yuning yet with Han Jiang... pan Xi yet restruct...

season 2 plssss.... I want see happy couples... 

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Marathoned through 75 episodes in raw. I enjoyed it very much because of the production value like many said and actually the storyline is not bad except for the boring HJ and SYN couple. I am glad that the casts performed quite well here. haha like some I also wondered why SYN was prophesied to be the queen (maybe just because she is HJ's woman) but I have to say her character is the most bland. 

• 2 months later...

Whatever I loved it. I thought the character arcs were thoroughly completed and a lot of the underlying themes like prophecy, morality of war, preconceived notions, class hierarchy, all of the complicated love stories, perhaps even subversive criticism of the patriarchy, etc. were well addressed and explored. I’m surprised at the criticisms of SFHY because his character had the most evolution and the most interesting supporting cast surrounding him. I especially loved the women that he loves, who love him back and how they’ve contributed to his journey. I am literally obsessed with him and MYYS and am quite surprised there aren’t a million fanvids I can indulge in after finishing the series :( their interactions, dialogues about politics and just being forthright with their feelings and uncomprising alliances are so refreshing, lovely and, yes, tragic to watch.

I will say the series could have been 15 episodes shorter if they cut out the flashbacks (which has always been an issue with mainland dramas since their existence sigh) and would have benefitted from it.  Here’s to waiting potentially 5 years for the sequel if it even happens tho :bawling:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Hello! I just finished the series and im very confused. I

Spoiler

ve read all of viewers saying that the ending is open. I dont think its open. In episode 75 we clearly see the last scene, where Muru Han Jiang is buried under a pile of snow at the same position we see him asleep in the previous scene.

They landed with the ship in the land of giants and we see a giant closing the scene screaming. I guess everyone in the ship got frozen so this is the end.

As for the prophecies, it was really annoying that they were wrong (like God of desolation said to Panxi, the prophecy says that Han Jiang will end M Sheng's empire and he will actually bring chaos in the world as he is the owner of the Bone Chiller sword)

However, the end as i watched it, left the storyline uncompleted, it was rushed, pointless and with a meaningless "cliffhanger" 

Archived